Why Me? (TodoBaku)

By WokeASF

Depressed Bakugo tries to hide his secret. However, things never go his way. Word Count Total: 134, 990 More

Just A Little Heads Up
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-One

17.9K 533 706
By WokeASF

Katsuki's POV:

So we're moving into the dorms today and I told mother last night when she got home. She just said, "Whatever you freak." And that was that. Me and Shoto had our rooms next to each other and Kirishima's room was across ours. My room is the one closest to the dead end wall, so Shoto's is closer to the common area. Kirishima got here first and decided to choose that room so that me and Shoto could be 'closer'. When he said that, I felt so embarrassed, I died a little inside. Shoto and Kirishima just laughed at me.

Later, I told Shoto that I decided I was going to tell Kirishima about everything. About the abuse, the thing with the League of Villains, and the self harming. I was nervous, but he said that he'd come with me if I wanted. Of course I said yes. He told me when we first got here today that he was going to help me stop self harming and that before New Year's, we were going to have to tell a Pro. I agreed with him and yeah, so that was this morning.

Shoto helped me move today while Mother was at work. His parents brought their car and I thanked them multiple times. Now though, me and Shoto are both done moving and Kirishima is helping Kaminari. We're in Shoto's room and it's already night. "So how about some cuddles?" I ask. He smiles at me and nods. We're facing each other and we stay there on his bed in his warm blanket. I have my head on his chest and I can hear his heartbeat. He's so great and he smells great too. I sigh happily. "I'm glad you didn't decide to take that 'out' I gave you."

He laughs a bit and says, "I don't ever plan on doing so." I hug him tighter and he does too. As we're both falling asleep, there's a knock on his door. We get up and I stay on his bed while he goes to open it. "Kirishima got bored so he invited us to look at his room. Now we're checking out everyone's room to see who's is the best, and yours is one of the closest so we're starting here," someone says. I can't tell but I think it's Uraraka. "Oh um now is not a good time," Shoto says. I can tell he doesn't know what to do. "Nope too bad, we're checking it out," Kaminari says.

I quickly get up and run into his closet. I peek through the little lines and see the whole class is Shoto's room. When Shoto sees the bed, he sighs in relief. I smile at that. I try not to laugh because this is so funny. "Oh um yeah this is it. So boring right?" He sounds a bit nervous and I can tell no one else noticed and that's because they didn't know that he was hiding anything. "No what about clothes? What kind of clothes do you wear?" Aoyama asked.

He started walking towards the closet so I curl into a ball and put a sweater over me. There's a pile of unfolded clothes around me, so hopefully I blend in. "Oh um no!" Shoto says as he runs to the closet. How'd he know I was hiding in here? Well I could be anywhere, so he could be guessing places I could hide. Everyone looks at him with a shocked face. "Oh um it's a mess and it's embarrassing. I haven't really put all my clothes away." He plays it off really well if I do say so myself. I see a shadow near the closet door and then it opens. I curl into a smaller ball and bold my breath. I just did that because I was nervous.

Aoyama gasps in disgust. "These are so plain and boring! Where do you buy these shirts!? I do not approve." He sighs dramatically and shakes his head. I hear Kirishima stiffle a laugh. Crap did he see me? He probably did. The closet doors close quickly because I'm pretty sure Shoto saw me hiding here. I don't think it's obvious, but if you expected someone to be hiding, then of course you'd spot me right away. I didn't have enough time to hide. "Okay, that's that. So let's go judge some other people!" He sounds really nervous and I can't help but let out a small laugh. "What was that?" Ugh great job Midoriya!

"Oh um that was me, I was thinking about how small T-rex hands are," Kirishima says. Nice save! I make a note to thank him for that later. "Oh, that's a pretty weird thing to think about Kirishima," Mina says. "Oh yeah it is, but Kirishima is a crazy guy, let's get out of my room now," Shoto says, sounding rushed. There's murmurs and then someone says, "Yeah Bakugo's room is next." People agree and then I hear Kirishima speak up. "Oh he's asleep now. He said he was tired of our BS and decided to sleep." A few sigh and say, 'okay I guess.' I hear them all leave and then I hear the closet doors opening. I freeze and then I hear, "Hm pretty close with that laugh don't you think?"

I peek my head out of the hoodie and laugh a bit. "Yeah, but I couldn't help it. You sounded so nervous Shoto." He smiles and nods. "Yeah I just didn't want them to find you here, hiding in the closet." I nod. "Yeah I owe Kirishima big time. He saved our butts." He agrees. "Okay now back to cuddling," I say. He nods with a smile and gets into his bed. "Wait should we lock the door in case someone decides to barge in?" He thinks about it for a minute before nodding and saying, "Um yeah that would be smart." I smile and lock the door.

I get under the covers and we get into the position we were in before we were rudely interrupted. I have my head on his chest again and I fall asleep to his heartbeat.

~~~~~

I wake up sweating and crying. I don't even remember what the dream was about. I turn around because I feel someone next to me. When I see them, I jump out of the bed and practically crawl backwards to the door. They're sitting up on the bed and when it goes to turn on the lamp, I stand up. I'm shaking and then the night turns on, showing that it's only Shoto. I sigh in relief, but I'm still a little shaken up. "Hey Katsuki are you okay? What happened? What'd you dream about?"

I shake my head. "I don't know what I dreamt about. I just know that I was scared and that when I woke up, I thought that you were a bad person who wanted to hurt me. I'm okay now I swear." I walk towards him and get back in bed. I hug him tightly and he does the same. "What time is it?" He goes to check his phone and says, "Oh it's almost 3 in the morning." I nod and yawn out, "Okay we should go back to sleep. We have school and ugh I don't want to go." He nods and squeezes me tighter before pulling away to turn off the lights. When he does that, he puts his arm back around me. We then decide to go back to sleep and I do so very easily.

~~~~~

When I wake up again, it's to an alarm. I realize that it's mine and go to turn it off when I feel an arm around me. Oh yeah I'm in Shoto's room. I let out a sigh of relief. "Hey Katsuki. Goodmorning." I turn around and see that Shoto is awake. He smiles at me and I smile back. I hug him again and feel how warm he is. I feel him hug me tighter and I smile. "Come on we have school. Let's go get ready," I say. He grunts.

"No, I like staying here with you," he says. I blush at that comment and pull away from him. "Stop being so cheesy you loser," I say, half laughing. He laughs a bit too before pulling me back down with him. I'm half on top of him and half on the bed. I like staying here too. "Okay, okay let's go now. I don't have clothes so I need to go back to my room." He nods and let's me go. As I check the little hole in the door to see if anyone is outside his room, I hear him say, "I'll see you at lunch. Okay?" I look at him and nod before opening the door and closing it behind me.

I walk quickly to my room, but before I get near it, I hear someone's door open. It's Kirishima's. Crap. Just great Katsuki. "Hey man! Wait did you just leave Todoroki's room?" He asks with a smirk. "Shut up loser, it's not what you think!" He laughs. "I know I know I'm just messing with you." I walk into my room and close the door pretty hard so that I can seem like my mean old self. I quickly get my clothes and other stuff to head to the showers. I have my bag with me and I'm going to change in the shower thing. They're separated by walls and they have doors, so I'll be just fine.

I think the make-up didn't come off last night because Kirishima didn't say anything about how tired I look. Before I leave my room, I quickly check in the mirror, just in case. Luckily it didn't come off. I walk out angrily then I see Shoto leaving his room. He turns and sees me and smiles. I smile back quickly and then he hands me my phone. "You left it in here," he whispers. "Oh. Thank you Shoto," I whisper back. Ugh he's an amazing person, I could also look at him all day. I turn around as I think of that and then say, "Okay see you later, bye." I walk off and go into the showers.

There's a few people but I can't tell who since there are walls. I just hear the showers. I walk into the furthest one in the corner and shed off my clothes before turning on the water. Once I like the temperature, I get in and start washing. When I'm done, I dry myself and start putting on my clothes. Then I put on the scar make-up from my bag and then I take out the eye make-up and the mirror. I apply it carefully and it comes out like usual. It doesn't even look like I have anything on my face. I put my stuff in my bag, before walking to the restrooms. I do my business and then go to the sink to wash my hands and brush my teeth.

My hair is a little messy, so I fix it a bit and then walk out towards my room. I left my blazer, shoes, and back pack in there and I also need to leave my dirty clothes and stuff. I open my door and close it behind me before turning on the lights. I need to start locking it and taking my key everywhere from now on. I grab my back pack and put on my shoes before heading to the 1st floor to eat. The first floor is the kitchen and pretty much another common area. There's a big TV, a big couch surrounding the TV, the kitchen, and some tables here and there.

The counter has some chairs too and I see Shoto sitting there. He's waiting for something on the stove I think. Then he gets up and starts doing stuff on the pan. He mixes and adds ingredients. I have no idea what he's making, but it smells great. I stand there, leaning on the wall pretending to use my phone when in reality I'm just watching Shoto. He serves himself and then turns around to sit on the counter when he sees me. There's only Tokoyami and Sato on the couch and they're watching some TV.

Shoto smiles at me and I walk over angrily. When I'm closer to him and no one else can see my face, I smile back at him. "I made extra, you want some?" I look at him suspiciously. "Okay fine I made some for you too, you want some?" He smiles as he says that and I nod. "Yeah what is it?" I look at the plate and see this scrambled looking dish. He serves me and says, "It's scrambled egg, sausage, jalapenos, and cilantro. It tastes way better than it looks. Okay?" I nod. "It smells great," I whisper. He nods as a thank you. He passes me a fork and a few people arrive on the 1st floor. I check the time and see that it's 8:26. I have time to eat this.

Shoto sits far from me so that it seems normal. I take a bite and oh geez this tastes great. My eyes widen and I nod in approval. I see Shoto smile and continue to eat. Sero and Kaminari come up to and look at my plate. "Ooo what's that? It smells great!" I look at Kaminari and say, "Breakfast you idiot." He sighs sadly and then Sero says, "Did you make that?" I shake my head and gesture over to Shoto. "IcyHot made it. It was extra you losers, now let me eat." They nod and walk away from me. Shoto finishes and gets up to wash his plate and the dishes he used. "Oi Half'n'Half I'll wash them. You made breakfast now I do this," I say, trying to sound annoyed, as I walk towards him with my dish.

I give him a look like 'come on' and he nods. "Alright I guess," he says as he steps away. I turn on the water and rinse off the food. Then I grab the sponge and soap and start washing. It only takes me about 15 minutes and when I check the time I see that it's already 8:50. The main building is pretty close so I'll make it on time. I grab my bag and start walking to class. I plug in my ear buds as I walk out of the dorms and put my phone in my pocket. When I get to class, the bell rings, and as soon as I sit down, Mr. Aizawa comes in.

This day is going pretty normal and I hope it stays this way. I'll just stay calm and try not to think about anything bad. Yeah. That's a great idea. I sigh and I notice that I was tense. My shoulders fall and I take out my ear buds when Mr. Aizawa starts talking. I fix my posture so that I'm slouched a bit and I look angry. I sigh as I listen to what the teacher has to say. He's talking about if we have any complaints about the dorms, to just deal with it like responsible people. It's mostly stuff about moving and the rules. We all nod and then he starts teaching.

~~~~~

Shoto's POV:

As the bell rings, signaling the end of the day, I look over at Katsuki. He seems more normal? I don't know he just didn't seem as sad or as scared today. It's like he had his guard down. I smile at that a bit. I start thinking about our date this Friday and I can't wait for it. I heard some of the other students talk about going to the carnival on Friday too, but then Kirishima spoke up. He said, "Nah Friday we can hang out in the dorms. Let's go on Saturday yeah?" They all agreed and I saw Katsuki thankfully nod at Kirishima after. Kirishima just smiled and went back to talking to Mina. Did Katsuki tell Kirishima about our date?

Kaminari was on his phone smiling at something. Then he started typing on it. He's probably texting someone he has a crush on or something. Maybe it's Sero? I look over to Sero and see that he's talking to Mineta. Hm I guess not. I get up and start walking to the dorms so that I can nap or something. I'm pretty tired. As I'm walking, I see that Katsuki is ahead of me. Hm when did he leave? I look down at my phone and see that I got a text from Katsuki. I have his contact name as 'Kat<3'. It's not like he or anyone else will see it. The text read 'I'm tired, I'm going to nap. Wanna join?' I smile and then text back, 'yeah I'm tired too. My room or yours?'

He replies with, 'yours.' I just say, 'okay sounds good to me. My room is unlocked so just walk in alright?' As I walk outside, I see his text that says, 'okay I'll see you there.' When I finally get to my room, I open the door to see Katsuki already changed in some sweats and a hoodie and is laying in my bed, under the covers. When he hears me get closer, I see him only turn his head to look at me. I smile at him and he returns a tired smile. He pats the bed next to him.

Before I start walking towards him I say, "Wait I need to change into something comfortable." He nods. I grab some sweats and a hoodie and then go into the closet to change. I close the doors and then come out with my now comfy clothes on. I go over to the door and look at Katsuki. He nods and then I lock the door. Then I head over to the bed and get under the covers with Katsuki. He scoots closer to me and I take that as a way of saying he wants me to hug him so I do. "Hey why are you so tired Katsuki? Are you alright? You seemed fine earlier." He nods into my chest as he lets out a heavy sigh.

"I don't know. I was fine. I just don't know what happened. My mood flipped and now," he stops as he lets out a little sob. What happened he was fine when the bell rang. Maybe he just really is tired. I squeeze him tighter and he cries into my chest. I pull him away for a bit and then see his face. It's so sad and it makes me want to cry. He doesn't have his under eye make-up on. He probably took it off earlier, before I came. He doesn't look at me and I say, "Hey tell me what's wrong." He shakes his head and goes back to cry into my chest. "That's the problem, I don't know what's wrong. This just happens sometimes. I'll be fine and then I just start crying out of nowhere. I'm sorry," He says.

I rub his back and say, "You have nothing to be sorry about okay? Just let it all out. I'm here. I've got you." He nods into my chest and after a while his crying stops and I hear his breathing slow down. I pull away and see that he fell asleep. He still has his arms wrapped around me and after a while, I fall asleep too. The last thing I remember thinking about is how I'm going to make Katsuki the happiest person he can be.

***
Word Count: 3303
I know this chapter is pretty short. Sorry about that. I thought I was going to have time in between the week, but I really don't. I thought I had no life, so it would be easier for me as a writer, but I was wrong. I guess I do kinda have a life. Looool. I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'm really sorry it's so short. Have a great Thanksgiving! I love you all and thank you for the reads and comments, they make me happy<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 6.6K 54
When Todoroki turns up on Midoriya's doorstep, crying and mentally in pain, what will Midoriya do to help his best friend and crush? Includes : -Baku...
3.5K 173 25
Bakugo is depressed and has been diagnosed with being bipolar he has to take medications to help. Every one is worried about him he assures them that...
58.3K 1.5K 19
Everything's fine. Everything's fine on the outside, but on the inside, Todoroki is hurting. Life pretty much sucks between his abusive dad and...
1.5K 144 37
"Why do I want to die so much when nothing gives me the right to be anything but happy and content?" Todoroki is unable to tell truth from lie as he...