Thugged Out

By j_fromig

Her mom left her and her sister to live her best life. India is 19 years old and trying to take care of her 3... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
feedback
8
9
10
12
13
sorry!
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25: The Party
26: The Party pt. 2
27
28
29
Please dont be mad
30

11

4.3K 140 30
By j_fromig

Later that Day
India

Skylar and I were out looking at apartments. "Sky what you think about this one?" I asked.

"Hmm it's nice mommy." She said. I nodded and continued to look around. This was a three bedroom two bathroom. It had a nice sized kitchen and a nice living room. The place was in a nice neighborhood and it was pretty nice.

"Well ma'am, I think this is the one." I said.

"Okay, well we can go back to the office and fill out the paper work. You can make your deposit and you can get your key." She said. I smiled and nodded. It was gone be probably a week before I move in. I have to get lights and stuff transferred. I'm getting new furniture and stuff and i'll give a majority of my old clothes to Ms. James granddaughter. I held on to Skylar hand as we followed the lady back to the office.  I held the door open and let Skylar walk in front of me. I closed the door behind me and took a seat in front of her desk.

"Okay so first we'll discuss a few of the things that's in the paper work." She said.

"First thing first is it just the two of you that will be living here?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay and in the paper work they ask you about your employment status, honestly I help everybody out and tell them not to put their true income amount on there because that'll make your rent be sky high." She said. "Umm your deposit amount will be $800 and this will basically be taken out of your first months rent. That way you'll only have to pay $100 dollars. Rent start at $900 but if you want a security system that'll be $50 added on to your rent and you won't have a water bill." I nodded listening to everything she was saying.

"No pets are allowed inside of the apartments. We have a pool but you can't bring more than 3 extra guest with you to the pool. Your daughter does not count as a guest. You will be given a keycard to access the pool. I think that's all of the major stuff you can fill out your paperwork now and we'll get you your key." She said. I gave Skylar my phone to keep her occupied as I read through and filled out all of the paperwork. I made sure I read all of the stuff before I signed my signature.

20 minutes later

"Thank you Ms. Royale, I hope you enjoy your new home." She said handing me my key and my gate card.

"Thank you!" I said smiling. "Come on SkySky." I grabbed Skylar hand and took the keys to the truck out of my purse. I made sure Skylar was buckled in before I got in. I started the truck and put on my seat belt before putting the truck in reverse. "Sky let me get my phone." I said. She passed it to me and I connected it to the radio and played "He be Like" by KenTheMan (Ladies let me put y'all on 😂). I turned it up and drove off. I made a mental reminder to hire a mover so my stuff can be already at my new house.

I drove around for a while and pulled up to the pizza joint on the south side. I grabbed my purse and got out. I opened the back door and got Skylar out.

"You want some pizza?" I asked her.

"Ooo Yes!" She said skipping. I held her hand and we walked in.

"Hellllooo how many do you have with you today?" The girl at the front desk asked.

"Two." I said.

"Alright, follow me to your seat." She said. I followed her and she sat a table. I made sure Skylar was in her seat before I sat down across from her. "What can I get y'all to drink?" She asked.

"A lemonade and a kids fruit punch." I said. She nodded her head and went to go get our drinks. She came back to the table with our drinks and Skylar a kids menu.

"Are y'all ready to order?" She asked. I looked at Skylar and asked, "What kind of pizza you want?"

"Pep-roni and cheese." She said taking a drink out of her cup.

"Okay so half pepperoni and half cheese." I said. She wrote it down and smiled.

"She's so pretty." She said.

"Thank you." I said smiling. "Thank youuu." Skylar said. She is so extra. After about 20 minutes out food came and we were sitting there eating when King walked in.

"Wassup ma." He said walking to our table.

"Hey." I said. I took a minute and checked out his outfit. He had on a Moncler sweater, some Balmain jeans, and some timbs. He had some Cartier shades on and a simple diamond rope chain, and a iced out Rolex. He licked his lips before speaking, "What y'all up to?"

"Nothing major we about to go to Lailani house after we eat." I said. He pulled a chair up and sat down with us. "What you up to?" I asked.

"Bout to get some food and go to the crib til later." He said.

"You can get some of this pizza." I said. He grabbed a slice and took a bite. This man was more than fine, I gotta be the luckiest woman ever to be dealing with him.

"Wassup Skylar?" He said speaking to Sky.

"Hey King." She said smiling. We ate and talked for a lil bit.

"Okay so I got the keys to my new place today." I said.

"Oh fr?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"You a boss! I like that. You young and on yo shit and you doing it with a baby that's real ma." He said.

"Thank you! It get hard because everyday isn't a good day but, I do it so Skylar won't have to want for nothing she is my motivation to be better than my mom." I said.

"Meant that, so um tell me more about yourself." He said.

"I'm 19 if you didn't already know, I used to dance, my grandma raised me until I was 11, my dad live in Cali but he make sure i'm straight. Even as a child he sent thousands of dollars to my granny to make sure i'm straight. He's a great provider but, money don't mean nothing when someone isn't physically there." I said. He nodded as he listened to what I was saying. The girl came back to the table with the ticket and King took it. "I got it." I said.

"Nah ma, you can just leave the tip." He said. I pulled out a 5 dollar bill and laid it on the table.

"Thank you..come on Sky." I said. King got up and went to the front desk to pay for our food. Skylar and I waited on him before we walked out. I pulled the keys out of my purse and hit the unlock buttons. King opened the door me and made sure I was in. She opened the door for Skylar and helped her climb in. He made sure she was strapped in and closed the door.

"Drive safe ma." He said licking his lips.

"You do the same King." I said smiling. I started the truck and put it in reverse. After I backed out I put in drive and headed on to Lailani house. I called King because I needed somebody to pick my car up.

King- hello
Me- hey, can you meet me at this gas station down the street and get my car keys?
King- yeah
Me- alright i'm finna pull up now, i need somebody to pick my car up before they tow it
King- i'm sure you don't want a random person driving yo car so ima just park and get in with you
Me- okay thankssss
King- you owe me a kiss
Me- boy get off my phone

I laughed and hung up and waited on him to pull up behind me. A few minutes later he parked beside me and got in. He made sure he locked his doors and I pulled off. "I love this truck so much." I said.

"Shiiid I do too." He said.

"If I don't get a Rolls Royce this will most definitely be my next vehicle." I said driving to the restaurant.

"Meant that." He said. He let his seat back and scrolled on his phone. After a few minutes passed I made it to Benihana. I looked in my purse and found my keys.

"Don't wreck my shit." I said mimicking him.

"Ahh you got jokes huh?" He asked.

"Yup, now get out so I can go." I said. He looked at me funny and walked to my car. I waited until after he was in before I pulled off. I typed Lailani address in and headed towards her place. I pulled up to the red light and stopped.

"Mommy?" Skylar said from the backseat.

"Huh?" I said looking at her through the rear view mirror.

"Gun." She said before somebody fired shots. I instantly panicked I put my foot on the gas and sped off. I looked back and Skylar laid there lifeless. I slammed on the breaks and jumped out of the truck. "NOOOOOO." I screamed. "SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!" I started shaking and I opened the door and picked up Skylar and ran into the nearest store. "CALL THE POLICE." I screamed. "SOMEONE S-SHOT MY BABY." Everything was spinning and all of a sudden I blacked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 519 39
Depression and heart break isn't a good combination. Imani found herself dealing with her momma issues and finding herself. Imani was in loved at a p...
651K 20K 54
22 year old August Alsina, was the youngest King Pin in New Orleans. He had it made, the cars, the clothes, fancy house, cars, girls, you name it! Bu...
122K 2.6K 30
Imani's a quiet girl who doesn't have any friends. She goes through her school days alone. Her life at home is pretty much non-existence. She comes h...
1.4K 28 44
Jaliyah 'Blu' Washington and her brothers are your definition of the grind. at 19 , 20 , and 23 years old , she and her two older brothers have done...