𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 | π˜›π˜¦π˜¦...

By skaikrurogers

in which Meilani McCall's werewolf problems only get worse after Derek becoming the new alpha of Beacon Hills... More

INTRO
1 | where in the world is lydia
2 | we need each other
3 | there's another wolf
4 | another day, another problem
5 | what the holy hell is that
6 | ninety-nine problems and three wolves are one
7 | everything is (not) fine
8 | houston, we have a problem
9 | operation: save lydia
10 | you're not gay
11 | killing people to death
12 | i'm the worst
13 | any other theories, sherlock?
14 | gotta catch them all
15 | everything is ruined
16 | it's my party and i'll go crazy if i want to
17 | the truth about matt
18 | i didn't ask for any of this
20 | masterplan
book three + ASK MEILANI QUESTIONS!

19 | time's up

2.4K 100 59
By skaikrurogers

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦'𝘴 𝘶𝘱

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Meilani had never been more nervous in her entire life and she had to go through being a werewolf with no knowledge on how to handle it. However, seeing her spastic boyfriend run around the field like a chicken without a head was quite nerve wracking. She didn't know who's heart beat louder in ears - hers or Scott's. Both twins sat with their elbows on their knees and their hands clasped together, chewing on their thumbnails anxiously.

"Sit down, McCall," Coach ordered, pushing Meilani's shoulder when she tried to get up off the bench.

"Come on, Coach! We're dying out there," Meilani complained, gesturing to the chaos that was on the field. Not even Jackson could save the team from this. If Meilani was out there, she could at least assist in getting the team back up there on the scoreboard so it wasn't just Jackson.

"Oh, I'm aware of that. Now sit," Coach replied and pointed to Scott. "Lesser McCall, make sure your clone stays."

Meilani pouted as Coach walked away from the two to go back to coaching the team. "Stay? What am I? A dog?"

"Well..."

"SCOTT!"

Scott chuckled when Meilani punched his shoulder for his comment, rubbing the sore part that Meilani hit. "Don't use your werewolf strength against me!"

Meilani opened her mouth to rebut back, but Isaac dropped down onto the bench between the two siblings. She froze in shock at the sight of the blue eyed werewolf since just hours ago he said he was going to run away with Boyd and Erica. "Isaac, you came to help."

Isaac smiled at Meilani, strapping his gloves onto his hands and grabbing his stick. "I came to win." His eyes flickered over to Gerard who stood to the side of the bleachers and quickly looked away when Gerard turned to glance over at the two werewolves. "You got a plan yet?"

"No, right now it's pretty much just keep Jackson from killing anyone," Meilani replied, sighing softly. "I don't know what else to do at this point."

"Well, that might be easier if you're actually in the game. We have to make it so Coach has no choice but to put you in," Scott chimed in.

"How do we do that? He has a bunch full of guys he can use before he even gets to me. He'd even put you in before me and you can only for so long before you wheeze and get out of breath."

Isaac's face morphed into a smirk and he winked at Meilani. "I think I have an idea."

Meilani glanced to Isaac and saw the mischievous glint to his eyes and she quickly caught on to what Isaac planned to do to the other players on the field. "Please don't put anyone in the hospital."

Isaac placed his helmet on his head and pushed off the bench. "I'll try."

"This isn't going to end well," Meilani groaned and hid her face in her hands, peeking out through her fingers.

Isaac took out three kids in the course of ten minutes and Coach sounded progressively more and more pissed off with Isaac that he took his own teammates. Scott faked not being able to play because his asthma was acting up, even going so far as to use his asthma pump twice for added measure. So, Coach had to put the three other players that never saw a game because they quite literally could not play lacrosse. Meilani didn't even think these kids ever saw a game of lacrosse before coming to Beacon Hills. 

Isaac was about to take out one  more guy to get Meilani in when Jackson slammed into him and sent Isaac flying to the ground. Meilani gasped and rushed over to Isaac who laid motionless on the ground, but he was awake because she heard his groans from the bench. She dropped down next to Isaac and checked him over, but didn't see anything twisted or poking out of his skin.

"It's not broken," Isaac rasped, noticing Meilani's calculating gaze. "It's not broken, but I can't move it. I think Jackson nicked me 'cause I can feel it spreading."

"You want to play chess, Meilani? Then you better be willing to sacrifice your own pawns," Gerard's voice sounded in Meilani's ears.

Meilani stood to her face when the paramedics that came to every game politely asked her to move so they could get Isaac on the stretcher. A helmet was thrusted into her chest and she noticed it was hers, glancing up to see Coach stood next to her who she didn't even hear approach.

"McCall, either you're in or we forfeit."

"Yes, Coach," Meilani said, taking her stick from his outstretched hand and shoved her helmet onto her head.

Melissa ran over with Scott at her side and she looked freaked out over whatever was happening. "Hey, something's happening, isn't it? Something more than a lacrosse game?"

Melissa frowned and glanced to Scott who merely shrugged, not knowing how to word any of this to Melissa either. She was still knew to the whole wolf thing and Meilani didn't necessarily want to give her all the werewolf drama just yet. "Mom, you should go. Go with Scott and go home, okay?

"Oh, I'm not going anywhere. Everything that I said before, forget it. All of it. If you can do something to help, then you do it. You have to."

"I will," Meilani promised, squeezing her mom's hand before turning to run into the middle of the field with the rest of her remaining teammates.

The other team became more ruthless the second Meilani came on the field, seeing her as a threat for whatever reason. She didn't know if they were scared to lose to a girl or felt they had to act tough since she was a girl. Either way, they didn't care about knocking her to the ground - not that she did either. Stiles and the rest of the team took their own hits to the ground and it quickly became a battlefield on the lacrosse field.

"Don't you know what you're really bargaining for, Meilani? Haven't you guessed what the real offer on the table is? It's Allison. It's always been Allison. You give me Derek, and I'll let Scott have Allison again and you two can be like sisters again."

Meilani glanced to the scoreboard and saw there was only ten minutes left in the game, which meant she only had nine minutes and thirty seconds to figure out what to do about the situation. She wasn't just going to hand over Derek to Gerard, so there had to be something else she could do to save everyone she loved and cared about.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Meilani slipped out of the game without anyone noticing and ran through the school to find where Isaac and Gerard had gone. Isaac had texted her that Gerard slipped into the school and he couldn't necessarily protect himself against Gerard since he still felt some of the effects from Jackson's cut. He was close to the locker room so he'd lead Gerard and his two croons there.

Gerard's voice could be heard from down the hall and she heard the scraping of a knife or sword along the tiled floors of the locker room. It only propelled her to run faster into the locker room and she skidded to a stop behind Gerard, her eyes yellow and canines already grown out along with her claws. He hadn't noticed her at first until Isaac smirked in Gerard's direction and Gerard glanced into the mirror behind the sink that Isaac held himself up on.

Before she decided to attack Gerard, Meilani turned to attack his two croons first. She flung them against opposite walls, not hard enough to kill them. Just hard enough they'd be unconscious for a bit and just wake up with a killer headache later on when they did wake up. Meilani turned back around to handle Gerard next, but he was gone.

"Isaac, where did Gerard go?" Meilani asked, receiving a head shake and shrug from the still recovering boy. She let out a string of curses as she barreled back to the lacrosse field to see that they were back ahead and the whole stand were on their feet, cheering on the team with their comeback. However, the thing that stood out the most to Meilani on the board was the third seconds that remained on the board.

Time had run out.

The scoreboard suddenly buzzed with the end of the game and the ref blew his whistle, earning a massive outburst from the Beacon Hills fans because they had won. They had actually won even with three quarters of their team out injured and Meilani being absent for the last eight minutes of it. Stiles, who jumped around with the rest of the team patting him on the back, seemed to be the one who kept them ahead. 

"Nothing happened," Meilani breathed, eyes scanning the area for anything out of the ordinary. "Nothing."

As if on cue, the lights around the field went out which thrusted the whole field into darkness. Everyone in the stands and the players on the field quickly began to run this way and that, trampling over each other and tripping over unseen dips in the grass. Meilani used her wolf senses to see in the darkness and tried to find her mom, Scott and Stiles in the chaos the darkness created.

"Meilani!" Scott yelled along with Melissa a few feet away.

"Mom, Scott!" Meilani called, running over to them and checking them over to see if they were okay. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, I'm fine. Somebody's hurt," Melissa cried, gripping onto Meilani's wrists. "Somebody is down on the field."

The lights suddenly went back on and true to Melissa's words, Meilani could see somebody's legs sticking out from the circle of lacrosse players. Coach rushed over and pushed the boys out of the way to check on whoever was on the ground. When the mass of lacrosse boys moved out of the way for Coach, Meilani realized it was Jackson.

Not good.

Melissa ran over to the scene and Scott and Meilani were quick to follow her, standing behind Melissa as she dropped to her knees next to Jackson. Lydia stood above him with tears streaming down her face at the sight of his unmoving and unconscious body. Meilani could barely see his chest moving beneath his lacrosse jersey nor did she hear his heart.

Isaac ran up behind Meilani and peered over her shoulder to Jackson on the grassy field. "That cannot end well."

"He's not breathing. No pulse," Melissa confirmed Meilani's thoughts and pulled up Jackson's jersey to reveal three bloodied holes in his white tank top beneath the jersey.

"There's blood," Lydia cried and her chest heaved at the sight, a choked sob escaping. "There's blood."

Meilani looked down to see Jackson's fingers were bloodied and that the bloody spots did look like he had plunged his claws into his stomach. She whacked the boys' chests behind her and gestured for them to look. "Scott, Isaac, look. He did it to himself."

"Get down here," Melissa instructed Lydia who still cried silently to the side. "Get down here and hold his head!" That seemed to snap Lydia out of her trance because she knelt down behind Jackson and tilted his head up like Melissa asked her to. 

Noah walked over and stopped next to Meilani when he noticed Jackson's current state. His eyes scanned the remaining boys of the team and a look of panic flashed across his face and Meilani heard his heart rate speed up. He walked further into the field as he frantically looked around at the small crowd that remained after the lights had gone back on.

Meilani furrowed her eyebrows and scanned the field also for what he had been looking for. It only took Meilani all of ten seconds to realize she didn't hear one heart beat that always stood out in her ears. The one heart beat besides Scott's that ever helped to keep her anchored to the ground. Her eyes widened and she pushed away from Isaac and Scott, frantically using her wolf senses to find him, but he was nowhere to be found on the field.

Stiles was gone and Meilani knew exactly who took him.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi hey hello

THAT ENDING THOUGH, DAMN! We are officially one chapter away from the final book, guys. I cannot believe Meilani's story is almost done aahhhhh. Cannot wait for this last chapter because it's going to be a COASTER whew

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 1.2K 27
On the eve of their senior year, Meilani McCall and her friends find themselves facing the possibility of a future without one another, a next phase...
26.9K 1K 44
lottie bailey never expected to fall in love with her best friend, then again, she never thought her other best friend would turn into a werewolf and...
472K 11.2K 32
In which the new girl faces a lot of challenges with the supernatural and falls in love with Scott McCall. [ SEASON 2 ] Β© stilesbilinskiii
106K 2.8K 25
After everything that has happened to Clara and her friends, they all thought everything would go back to normal, well as normal as you can get in Be...