A Place To Call Home [OC x Ak...

By Gasai-

[3rd place Naruto Watty Awards (2014-15 winter) - Akatsuki] [1st Place Akatsuki Watty Awards 2015 Winter - Ot... More

A debt repaid part 1
Grasping my bearings part 2
True intensions revealed part 3
Going mental part 4
Tila's answer part 5
This is, Oh so wrong part 6
I was better off alone part 7
A new face arrives part 8
What Is This Feeling part 9
The truth surfaces part 10
Decisions, Decisions part 11
Nothing is as it seems part 12
I Really Should Invest In A Four Leaf Clover part 13
The world shall know pain part 14
Planting the seed of doubt part 15
Dreams and Jutsu part 16
Secrets part 17
Storm Release part 18
Unexpected end to a long day part 19
Long awaited fight part 20
Tilas First Mission Part 21
Eternity Is A Curious Thing Part 22
Covert Operation Part 23
Bounty Hunting And Sake Part 24
Nine Phantom Dragons Part 25
Distorted Reality Part 26
Alter-Ego part 27
Snow Fall Part 28
His True Feelings Part 29
Revisiting The Past Part 31
Come With Me Part 32
Washing Sorrow Away Part 33
Making Kakuzu Proud Part 34
Explosions Part 35
The Reality Of Love Part 36
A Graveyard Of Colour Part 37
Intuition Part 38
Ulterior Motives Part 39
Gone For Good Part 40
Change Of Heart Part 41
Just Like Old Times Part 42
Tesselate Part 43
Fear Part 44
Quite The Predicament Part 45
Heed My Warning Part 46
The Ultimate Sacrifice Part 47
Held Captive Part 48
The Akatsuki's Rebirth Part 49
The Reunion Part 50
Every Second That Ticks By Part 51
Guilty Conscience Part 52
Break Of Dawn Part 53
Lost In Confusion Part 54
The Tale Of Tila Part 55
Giving It A Chance Part 56
Silhouette Part 57
Salvaging The Remains Part 58
Misunderstood Part 59
The Sharingan Part 60
The meeting Part 61
The Plot Thickens Part 62
The Awakening Part 63
Don't Let Tomorrow Come Part 64
The Devil In Disguise Part 65
The Place I Call Home Part 66
Special Message
Epilouge Whispers Of My Mind
SUPER IMPORTANT

Smoke And Mirrors Part 30

687 32 45
By Gasai-

As I woke up I could still feel the warmth radiating off Deidara's bare skin, it felt so comforting that part of me wanted to stay cuddled up next to him. But, I knew I couldn't. Today was an important day, I had lots of things to do before I left for my mission. So, I slowly lifted Deidara's arm from around my waist and tried to carefully put it back down beside him but he started to rouse. "Deidara" I whispered.

"Mmh," he groaned tiredly. I nudged him gently and he sleepily opened his eyes.

"I have some things to take care of, you can sleep in and I'll just come and find you before I leave tonight," I told him. He gave a nod then closed his eyes again. I don't blame him for being half asleep, blowing things up all the time must surely wear him out. Carefully, I manoeuvred my way off the end of the bed and went to the bathroom, quickly grabbing a pair of jeans, a plain shirt and a big puffy jumper before getting in the shower.

I stood under the hot water as it ran down my back refreshingly. A rumble in the pits of my stomach ached, I didn't know if it was because I was hungry or scared about having to go back. I turned off the shower tap and stepped out into the steamy bathroom, grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body then took a look in the mirror. I couldn't see a thing because it was shrouded in hot mist from my shower. I wiped a small portion of the condensation away and cougar a glimpse of my long wet hair and soft light skin.

Was there something I wasn't seeing?

I dried myself off, got ready then headed down to the kitchen for breakfast. Guess I would know what was causing my stomach to ache after I ate something. A growing girl also needs to eat right? As soon as I walked into the kitchen I saw Kisame sitting at the bench and Itachi flipping an omelette high up then catching it again in the pan.

"Impressive" I cooed as went over and opened up the pantry door.

"Sharingan" Itachi answered casually, his attention still on cooking.

"Yes, I must say that Sharingan of yours comes in handy" Kisame jeered sending a playful smirk my way. His carefree attitude always put a smile on my face.

"I saw that," Itachi said, still not taking his eyes off the omelette in front of him. I took an apple from the cupboard and sat down beside Kisame. Itachi slid the omelette onto a plate then handed it to him. I caught a glimpse of his hypnotic red eyes for only a moment before averting my gaze. "Perfect as always" Kisame took the knife and fork from Itachi. I ate my apple and watched as the two exchanged looks, Kisame had a big grin on his face and Itachi looked pretty emotionless as he retracted his Sharingan. All of a sudden I felt a poof of smoke.

Oh. I must have been summoned again.

_________

I was right. Kure was standing in front of me as soon as the smoke had dispersed.

"Well, well. Are you're ready?" She asked. I nod quickly taking the last bite of my apple and discarding it, Kure comes a little closer towards me, all eight of her legs walking in sync.

"Before we begin, I must teach you the fundamentals of Dark Release." She told me, so I focused all of my attention on Kure's words.

"Dark Release is a shade style that is an advanced nature Kekke Genkai. It can be used to absorb, manipulate and release Chakra taken from an opponent," she explained.

"Wait, then... You can only use it if someone's attacking you?" She nodded.

"Yes, Dark Release can only be used for self-defence, Tila. This Kekkei Genkai runs through the Gokegumo clan bloodline. Your fathers' clan. You see, self-defence is a black widows specialty," Kure smiled darkly.

"I see. So, I can only use it for self-defence," I recited and she nodded again.

"Secondly, I need to give you the double diamond mark if you're going to use this shade style. Come a little closer and hold out your left palm," she said slyly. I looked at her with scepticism but held out my palm anyways. She leant down and bit into my palm with her sharp pincers, I watched in a panic as I saw venom!

"Ah! You just poisoned me Kure! Am I going to die?!" I squealed. But, she just chuckled at me.

"Don't be silly. Look more closely," She said. As she pointed to my palm with one of her long slender legs, we both leaned in and stared as a grey mark began to appear on my palm. It was of one diamond overlapping another, it felt cool on my palm and I watched as it started to turn black and settle.

"The upper diamond is to absorb Chakra and the lower is to manipulate and release it," she said as she pointed to each diamond as she spoke, "Now!" She stepped back.

"I want you to try and absorb my Chakra with the upper diamond," she told me. I suddenly felt really overwhelmed.

"Wait! Just like that? Right now? I don't know what I'm doing though Kure!" I worried but she just chuckled airily at me.

"If you don't practise you'll never learn!" And without any further notice, she sent a small blue fireball my way. I quickly held out my palm and tried to imagine absorbing the attack but as the flames collided with my palm a hot burning sensation hit me.

"Ah! I'm on fire!!!" I screamed, quickly retracting my hand and blowing on it profusely. Kure deadpanned as she watched me fumble around like a loser.

"And again!" She said, now somewhat more enthused at my dismay. Sending out another fireball.

________________

We practised for a few hours until I started to get the hang of it. She showed me how to use my Dark Release seal to absorb Chakra at close contact, which, was from directly touching someone. And, told me that it was called Dark Release: Grasp of the Underworld. She also taught me how to manipulate and release the Chakra I had absorbed, I wasn't too good at it but I had those basics down by the end of our session. This Dark Release style was really challenging me and I could already tell that It would take lots of practise if I wanted to come anywhere close to mastering it.

Kure told me to make sure I practised the basics before she summoned me back again tomorrow morning. I promised her I would. She really was a strange character, she reminded me of a motherly figure in a way but she also had a creepy dark side too. I thanked her and said goodbye as she reverse summons me back to the hideout.

________________

It must have been about midday. As the smoke started to clear and I saw that I was back in the kitchen sitting where I was before I'd been summoned.

"Oh shit! What the fuck is that!?" Hidan yells unexpectedly as the smoke around me disperses. Kisame, who I could see standing on the other side of the bench, pointed and laughed at Hidan, who'd fallen backwards off his chair in surprise.

"Oh. Sorry Hidan, here. Let me help you up," I quickly held out my hand for Hidan to take, he pulled himself back to his feet.

"You scared the shit out of me. Don't ever do that again, fuck." He sighed, sitting back down next to me. I smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry" I apologised.

"Where were you anyway? You just vanished earlier?" Kisame asked curiously.

"I was training with my summon" I explained, getting up, "I have to get ready for a mission, I'll see you both when I get back."

They both nodded and waved goodbye as I took my leave. I headed straight for my room to get ready, I felt a curdle of fear arise in my stomach again as I walked into my room. I really wasn't too fond of going on this mission but I didn't see any way to get out of it.

I started to pull out scrolls and organise them but before I could finish I heard a faint knock on the door. I put my scrolls on my bed and went to see who was there. As I opened the door I was greeted by dark cold eyes.

"I came to see you before you left," Itachi said, his gaze flittered around my room casually before falling back onto me.

"I'm just in the middle of packing, come in," I said, going back over to my bed. He followed in behind me and closed the door. I fumbled my scrolls into my leg pouch.

"You seem worried," He said, words only making my fear amplify. I sighed, putting down my pouch and looking back at him with a frown. I watched as he raised his hand and tapped my forehead with two fingers, smiling gently.

"Itachi.." I whispered in astonishment. What was that about? That smile...

"Just relax. I'm sure you'll be fine," he told me, lowering his hand, expression still soft.

"Yeah you're right" I giggled, it was weird seeing Itachi smile... But it was a nice feeling, it made me feel so warm. Like everything really was going to be alright.

"I have to go but I'll be waiting for you when you get back," Itachi said, making his way back over to my door. We said our goodbyes and he closed the door behind him. I went back to packing my scrolls and strapping my leg pouch on. Suddenly, my door swings open

"Tila you here? un." Deidara poked his head into my doorway.

"Yeah, I'm getting ready," I said, he came in and looked me up and down cheekily.

"What's that look for?" I asked curiously.

"Hm, nothing" He smirked.

"I don't have much time, I was wondering... Can you come down to Sasori's lab with me? I have to go and get my needles," I asked, he raised a brow.

"All the way down there? I suppose, hm"

"Let's go," I hastily grabbed his wrist and lead him down to Sasori's room. I let go of him as we reached Sasori's old bedroom door. A shiver came on and my body went cold. I hadn't been in here since that night. I slowly opened the door, only to see that everything was exactly the same. Deidara and I walked over to the carpet, I moved it aside and cracked open the floorboards. The two of us went down the rickety old stairs.

I fidgeted around in the dark, feeling for the matches to light the candle. The room lit up dimly, Deidara looked around curiously. I quickly pulled down the jar of poison and inspected it closely. The bright purple colour was a good indication that it was ready. So, I slid over the box of needles and opened it up. Deidara watched quietly as I tipped the needles into the jar of poison and poofed it into my weapons scroll.

"I didn't know you made poisons, un," Dei said as we made our way back out of Sasori's room.

"Sasori helped me make this one," I told him quietly. The thought of Sasori still made me feel empty. By now, I just wanted to avoid the topic when I could.

"I need to let Leader know I'm going," I told Dei, the two of us now making our way down the corridor towards Leaders office. He nods in reply. We walked silently together down the hall, eventually reaching the end. I knocked on Leaders door.

"Enter." His chilling voice spoke. Deidara and I went in, Leader watched intently as we both stood before him.

"I'm leaving now," I informed.

"Good. I have marked coordinates for you on a map so that you will be able to locate the hideout," he said, handing the map over to me. I took it from him, quickly scanned it before putting it away in my itinerary.

"I shall see you when you get back, take as long as you need. This mission is one of priority."

Dei and I both nodded, Leader dismissed us. We silently made our way back towards the training hall. As we both approached the entrance I started to feel my heart sink. This was really happening. I was leaving, after I had finally just started to feel as if I had found somewhere I belonged. I felt Dei pull me into a hug, he must have seen my expression change.

"Til, don't do anything I wouldn't do yeah?" I felt Dei let go of me, still holding me by the shoulders at arm's length as he gave me one last cheeky smirk.

"So your saying, blow up and kill as many people as I can?" I giggled, biting my lip. Deidara just rolls his eyes playfully then let me go.

"Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it," I said, more trying to convince myself than anyone else. I turned around and released the boulder. I'm ready.

Deidara's figure disappears behind the rock. I pull out the map from my leg pouch, quickly scan it, then start running in the direction of the hideout. I hadn't worn my cloak, I had to leave it behind otherwise Orochimaru would have been suspicious.

I made my way through the forest at a good pace, the blurry vision of trees passed as I made my way closer to my destination. I kept running for what seemed well into the night, checking my map regularly as I went. As I started to get closer I slowed down my speed and proceeded cautiously.

I stopped as I landed on a tree branch and looked around, seeing the entrance to Orochimaru's hideout. It wasn't concealed very well. I jumped down onto the ground and stopped just out of the front of the path that led underground.

Should I just walk right in? How else could I go back..? I slowly started to make my way down the dark tunnel, I couldn't see anything as the pitch-black started to surround me. I continued to walk cautiously, all of a sudden I saw something blue illuminate the tunnel and a face that I wished I'd never had to see again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 282 24
"So, you fell in love again, huh?" * * * "I'll love you, even after we're done counting the stars." * * * Uzumaki Y/n, a Kunoichi from the Village Hi...
189K 6K 66
An experiment subject. That's all Yoru's life was defined as until she escaped Orochimaru's lethal experiments. Her lust for blood along with an acci...
41.7K 792 10
Akatsuki x reader HC, drabbles, scenarios, etc. The first couple of chapters were written long ago and really suck, so sorry. Gender Neutral Reader P...
1.4K 279 33
"Since you supported me then, I think it's safe to assume that you support me now, and you'd support me in the future. I wanted to confide in you bec...