Bloom

By xFakingaSmilex

After declining a marriage proposal from the supposed love of her life, Evolet decides to work on herself and... More

Bloom
Lily
Zinna
Valerian
Anthurium
Salvia
Banksia
Tetratheca Pilosa
Waratah
Goodenia

Gloxinia

695 54 65
By xFakingaSmilex

Gloxinia

🍂 Caelum 🍂

Solis inhales a puff from his tobacco spun joint and exhales the smoke. The cloud looms around a young blonde who inhales a deep breath. Her eyes gleam with excitement as she presses her torso against his chest. He holds the joint for her to take but she parts her red lips and flutters her eyelashes.

He places the joint between her lips and she takes a deep drag. Her eyes widen as she coughs and splutters. Solis pats her back and tries very hard not to laugh. She hands it back and coils away, her cheeks beat red.

I take a long sip from my drink and shake my head as the whisky burns my throat. I tap my foot against the ground and sigh.

Solis brushes her blonde hair behind her ear and whispers something. She slides her hand over his thigh and giggles.

"I'm going to the bar."

She whispers a reply which amuses Solis. I wander inside and sit at the bar, thankful to be away from those two. The bartender wanders over and leans against the wooden bench.

"What can I get you?"

"Glenfarclas on the rocks, thanks."

"No problem."

He pours the drink and I slide the money across the counter.

"Keep the change."

He pockets the change and moves onto another customer.

I clutch the glass and stare at the ice cube. The woman from the blossom shop comes to mind, I haven't stopped thinking about her, especially her vibrant green eyes.

The stool beside me scratches the floor as a young redhead sits beside me. I take a sip and shoot her a charming smile.

She eyes the drink and chuckles.

"Rough night in paradise?"

I take another sip and shake my head.

"Celebrating, actually."

Her posture straightens as she bites her lip.

"Oh, well then, congratulations."

"Thanks." I nod.

"Caaaelum," Solis shouts. "What's taking you so long?"

Solis bumps into the bar and clutches onto it for support. He peers past me and grins.

"Hi there." He waves.

"Hey." She tugs on a smile.

His elbow darts into my ribcage and I grumble.

"What the fuck's wrong with you? She's hot and you're doing nothing."

I shove him away and glare.

"We need drinks! Oi bartender, four shots of tequila." He digs out his wallet and slams it on the bench. "Mary? Hey, where'd she go?"

The cute blonde bobs to his side and clings onto his button-down t-shirt. He wraps his arms around her waist and leans in for a kiss. Mary shoves his chest back and shakes her head.

He sighs and turns to the bar.

"C'mon. Four shots of your best tequila! We're trying to celebrate my brother's success."

The bartender flicks a tea towel over his shoulder and crosses his arms.

"Mate, I think it's time for you to go home."

"What I need is four shots of tequila."

The bartender turns his gaze to me.

"Take your mate home or I'll have security haul him outside."

I finish the drink and slide my glass to the bartender. The woman beside me with the pretty doe brown eyes smiles with hope. She's beautiful but she's not the woman holding my thoughts.

"I'm sorry about my brother. I hope you enjoy the remainder of your night."

She slumps against the bar while I direct Solis and Mary to the exit.

Solis stumbles across the pathway with a bright grin.

"Where to next?" he shouts.

Mary hangs off his body, and he enjoys every bit of attention. Solis wraps his arms around her tiny waist and plants a kiss on her lips. He peers back and frowns.

"Where's your lady friend?"

"What do you want to eat? It's time for you to sober up."

"I have something better in mind." He winks at Mary.

"I'll find you a taxi then."

"And leave you alone? No. Let's find somewhere to eat. I'm sure there's something around here." Solis hooks his arm around Mary and leads her down the pathway.

"Look, food." Solis beams.

We dart across the road to an old industrial building. Solis and Mary stumble towards the pub styled section while I wander towards the crowd forming to the left. I should keep an eye on them but I'm curious about this place.

There's a small wooden stage with a live jazz band. People dance while others gather around the fringes sitting on wooden chairs and leather couches.

I head to the bar and glance around the place. There's a balcony that overlooks the small bar and dance floor. A spotlight moves around the room and catches something green and sparkly. A lady clutches onto the railing of the stairs as she descends them.

Her green sequin dress sparkles under the light. She holds her hand up to cover the bright light, when it moves she tucks long black hair behind her ear. I wander closer until I realise it's the same woman from the blossom shop.

She reaches the bottom of the stairs and I take in all her beauty. The dress has a deep v cut showing her cleavage and the high split reveals her toned thigh. I turn back to the bar and grapple with my thoughts.

Should I introduce myself? Would she remember me from the blossom shop?

As I look up, I freeze at the sight of her beside me. She's leaning across the bar attempting to grab somebody's attention. She looks at me and her green eyes light up with recognition

"Do I know you from somewhere?" She smiles.

I inhale a deep breath and smile. I take a moment to scan her face and pretend to think about it.

"Have you been to Rosemary's Blossom Shop?"

"Yes, I bought a plant there."

"I remember you." I fake gasp. "You purchased the peace lily. How's the plant going?"

"If you're asking if it's still alive, then yes. I haven't forgotten to water it yet." She chuckles.

Her laughter is intoxicating.

"I'm glad to hear that."

"I'm Evolet by the way."

"What brings you out?"

"It's my sister's birthday today. What about yourself?"

"I just graduated from University."

"Oh, congratulations! What did you study?"

"Business and botany."

"So you must really like plants then?"

"Yes." I nod.

A bartender appears in front of us and I smile, capturing his attention.

"Jacks and coke please, and whatever the lady wants."

"Oh, um, a martini, please."

He nods and quickly makes our drinks. I pay the bartender and we step away from the bar. She takes a sip and smiles.

"Thank you for the drink."

"Evolet!" someone shouts.

She peers over her shoulder and steps aside to hide.

"Sorry, that's my sister calling. We're on a strict, no boy's night."

"I'm not sorry for breaking that rule."

The comment takes her by surprise but from the smile, perhaps she feels the same way.

"You never mentioned your name."

"What do you think it is?" I chuckle.

"Please don't make me guess, I'm really bad at these games."

"One guess."

Evolet frowns as she tilts her head to the side.

"Joseph?"

"Not even close."

"What's your name?"

"Caelum."

"I was never going to guess correctly." She sighs.

"Hey, Evolet." Her body freezes as her sister's voice rings through the air.

"Give me your phone before my sister slaughters me."

I unlock my phone and pass it over. Evolet takes a picture, then opens the contact app and adds her picture and phone number.

"The picture is so you remember who I am in the morning."

I could not forget her, but it's a good reminder I didn't imagine our meeting tonight.

Evolet's sister storms towards us, but manages to force a smile before joining us. She hooks her arm through Evolet's and raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, but it's my birthday and we're supposed to be celebrating together."

"Happy Birthday."

"Thanks!" She grits her teeth.

"Send me a message and maybe we can meet up?"

Her sister snatches her phone and shoves it down her bra.

"I'll message you tomorrow."

"Goodnight." She waves before dragging Evolet away.

Evolet it pulled back upstairs and I'm left standing there. I reluctantly turn around and groan. Two burly security guards escort Solis and Mary to the exit, at least he's not fighting with them. I quickly finish another drink and head outside.

* * * * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 112 69
In the shadows of her seemingly perfect life, Clarice, a talented graphic designer, yearns for something more than the pleasant facade she presents t...
7.8K 842 67
A violent passion. A dangerous bond. A nightmare that will change everything. To Ava, love is about as real as fairytales. But it might be that fairy...
280 21 17
What would you do, if you had the chance at a second life? Chloe Byrne has lived her life playing by the book, never stepping out of her comfort zone...
Ode to The Vines By Fish

Mystery / Thriller

167 29 9
Mayla, a street herbalist is thrust into the world of forensic science. When Mayla saves the life of Monica, a stranger's wife, her act of kindness s...