hiatus- Reincarnated as a Mob...

By AnimeMadWoman

----- hiatus ---- One second I'm in my room, casually scrolling through anime, and the next I'm in a new worl... More

Welcome
1 - Hello sunshine
2 - Breakie
3 - Business.
4 - Holy Statues
6 - Negotiations
7 - Not So Late Night Arrival
8 - I am smurt

5 - The Meeting

570 24 10
By AnimeMadWoman

Thud.

I freeze, my heartbeat thumping into my ears. The knife landed beside me. It's metal edge glinted at me in the light of the candle-lit chandelier.

As I pick it back up I analyse it, looking for a reason. A reason as to why it had just went spinning out of my hand. 

Upon further inspection, nothing was special about it. A simple kitchen knife, it's edge a bit blunt from it's usage.

Sometimes the correct answer is the simplest.

These words echoed in my head as I look back up at the statue ominously looming in front of me.

Once again, I pick up the knife, but this time, I was sure. I put one hand on the marble beast for stability and I stab upwards. The knife once again goes flying.

A smile slips out onto my face. Third time's the charm, I think to myself as I thrust the knife upwards.

Suddenly, my hand holding the knife cramps and, and-

I open my eyes slowly, confused. I was sure I'd accidentally stabbed my hand. But there was no pain. There was nothing.

"Holy fu-"

I was right. There was nothing. Literally. The statue and the room had gone- there was only me, enveloped in the white.

"Uh, hello?" I call out timidly, only there was no response. I sigh with frustration then hold my arms out. There was no walls, so I walk forward, expecting to bump into something. "Hello? Anyone?"

I suddenly felt someone speak into my right ear and I flinch, turning around.

"What?" I strain my ears, expecting something, anything. There was only silence. My eyebrows furrowed. "Look, hurry up. I don't have time for this. I'm wasting valuable fangirl time,"

After a second, there was a long, drawn out sigh. "It wasn't supposed to be like this,"

"What do you mean?"

"We're supposed to meet later, not now,"

Something flicked my head, and I cried out in pain, "How is that my fault?"

"Well, I'll just wipe your memories of this encounter and send you back. It doesn't really matter, I guess,"

"Wait, wha-"

"Bye, Rena, see you again in a couple of years,"

"Oh my God, My nAmE iS NoT rEnA!"

A pause. "What?"

I turn around, unsure of where to look. "My name's not Rena. But I think you should've know that because, you know, you're like a God or something? Not quite sure,"

A spewl of curses hurdled out of the person's mouth.

"Well, looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," I brush my now shoulder length hair behind an ear, "And is there anywhere to sit? My legs really hurt,"

A chair poofed out of nowhere.

"Oh thanks," I sat down, rubbing my legs.

"So, you're Spencer?" the voice was now confused, put off by the revelation of my identity.

"Yes, my name is Spencer. Hello, nice to meet you,"

"But you're supposed to be Rena,"

"Yeah, but I'm not," Was there something wrong with this person? They were quite slow. "I've been reincarnated,"

"No, you don't understand. You're supposed to be Rena until you have your accident and regain the memories of your previous life,"

"Wait, I'm gonna have an accident? How?"

The voice ignored me, and murmured to to themself. "I knew I shouldn't have left it to that person. So stupid. Honestly, have to do everything myself,"

"What?"

"I should probably just wipe out your memories anyway,"

I hold out my arms in front of my face, as if that'd stop my memory wipe " Hold up, why do you have to wipe my memories?"

"Because you're not supposed to have your memories yet," The voice replied in a patronising tone.

"Well, it doesn't really matter now, does it? I'm going to get them anyway," I gulp. Losing my memory was too much of a risk. Who knew if I'd be able to regain my memories in time to fangirl before my favourite characters' deaths?

I held my breath, waiting for a response. "Well, I guess you're right," And I let it out.

"Oh, by the way, why can't I see you?"

"We don't have bodies, our appearance changes for each soul depending on their capacity of understanding and creativity,"

"So, you turn into what I think of?"

"Yeah," I swear they sounded disappointed at their long spiel being shortened into a few words.

I close my eyes, then open them again.

"Wait, does this mean you look so revealing in your statue because the people who originally saw you were perverts?"

".... Yes," they said, that single word full of embarrassment.

I tried to not laugh at this and shut my eyes. When I open them again, I burst out laughing.

"Why am I a banana?" 

After the laughter died down, I wipe away my tears. The person was dressed in a banana suit, huge chocolate buttons for eyes and a tiny smile underneath, their limbs painted yellow.

Although I hadn't played the game because of how much I suck at PvP, Fortnight was everywhere, and that Banana skin must have been what I unconsciously chose.

"Well, thanks," The irritated tone coming from a smiling banana drew a few giggles from me, and then a quick apology, promising the to think of a better body.

I closed my eyes and opened them again. They were still dressed as a banana.

"Okay this is not working,"

"Obviously," The banana crossed their arms, and I had to cough to mask the giggles.

"Well, are you male or female?"

"It isn't as simple as that,"

"Jeez, well you think of something then,"

"I can't do it, you have to think of it. My body comes from your mind," The banana crosses it's arms, radiating it's anger at me.

"Hey, why don't you just think of something and just send it to my mind," They pause, as if the idea had never crossed their mind, "Good idea, right? I swear I'm so smart"

"Just be quiet and shut your eyes,"

"Tsundere much," I shut my eyes, and after a few seconds, I swear I could feel something tickle my mind.

"Did you get it?"

I open my eyes.

They were wearing a tracksuit and shin-length boots with a tattered ascot tied around their neck. Their midnight blue hair was unkempt and their eyes a staggering sky blue. Their left hand awkwardly rubbed their right elbow, waiting for my reaction.

"Hold on a damn moment, are you Yato?"

"You know him?" They visibly brighten at this.

I scoff, "Who doesn't? He's the greatest God in all anime, ever,"

"I can't wait for the next season," Their smile as wide as their face. I remembered this. It was something I'd been through many times before: Fangirl mode.

"Have you read the manga?"

Their face drops. "There's a manga?"

I laugh, "Yeah, there's a manga for like almost every anime,"

"Shoot, I didn't realise,"

A mischievous smirk plasters itself onto my face, "Should I just tell you what happens?"

"No- no spoilers!"

I open my mouth, and the horror on their face as I recount how Yato turns into a human to be with Hiyori and he goes to Hiyori, who was killed by Nora, who then pretends to be Hiyori, and then-

"You know I'm kidding right?"

Colour rushed back into their face. "I actually believed you for a second,"

"I can tell."

*  *  *  *  *  Characters  *  *  *  *  *

Banana Guy: (from Fortnight)

Yato: (From Noragami)

Welp, I've done it. Like a month later.

Sorry, I've just recently gotten a new obsession :(

Also, I swear my writing's getting worse and worse. Or maybe it just always sucks. wHeLp.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

592 18 12
[VERY SLOW UPDATES!] She's the same woman, the same girl from before. But why does it feel so much different? Why does everything feel so much differ...
5.1K 165 26
~~~~~~𝖧𝗈𝗐 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗆𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝖺𝗌 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗍 𝖺𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎 ? 𝖨 𝖽𝗎𝗇𝗇𝗈, 𝗆𝖺𝗒𝖻𝖾 𝗂𝗍𝗌 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝖺...
369 38 12
My name is Min Ae-ri Shin ... Or it was that. One day as I was taking a bus home from my college as usual while playing an otome game on my phone si...
18.4K 630 15
I'm not good at descriptions but who cares? (Y/n) was just an average girl. Wake up, get to work, do tons of paperwork, go home and sleep. That was h...