Rejected Lovers

By WYLD_ROSE

Atticus and Olivia have a past...and share the same fate. But as they're trying to move on from the cruel car... More

AN: IMPORTANT!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue

Chapter 26

22.4K 854 49
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Twenty-Six - Whole Again

Two Years Later.

I walk into my bedroom before setting my books and bag down with a heavy sigh. Jumping slightly when I feel hands on my shoulders I relax when the delicious tingles give away who it is. I turn and wind my arms around Atticus' neck as he hugs me. He peppers kisses to my mark and I find myself melting in his embrace.

"Tired?" He murmurs softly as he rubs my back.

"Exhausted, more like." I grumble before I pull away. "I threw up twice today and I felt sick the entire ride home."

After I graduated high school Atticus and I got married during the summer on our pack territory. I then got accepted into the University of Toronto and am currently in my second year of studying accounting. But recently, I've been feeling quite tired and nauseous which is weird since werewolves don't get sick. At first I thought it must be from juggling my duties as a Luna and attending college but then again, I was fine in my first year.

I groan when the feeling worsens and walk into the bathroom just in time to throw up my lunch. Atticus rubs my back and holds my hair away from my face until I'm done. He leans against the wall with a thoughtful expression as I clean my mouth.

"Did you take a pregnancy test?" He asks hesitantly which makes me stiffen.

After the incident it took me a few months to fully get back to normal. With the tissue of the miscarried fetus Atticus and I had buried our first baby but I was an emotional wreck and went through depression over losing my child. Atticus and I didn't try for another baby again until we talked last month about starting a family. But I had never really spent too much time thinking about becoming pregnant than I did over losing a child again.

"Uh...n-no. No, I didn't think of that." I whisper as I put the towel back on the rack. "Do you think I could be?"

"Your scent changed when you started throwing up a few days ago." He admits and I stare at him in surprise. "I was waiting for you to realize it on your own so you had time to process it. That's why I gave you that necklace so it hides your changed scent from everyone else."

"So..." I lick my lips as my throat suddenly feels dry now. "I'm pregnant?"

"We could take a few tests to confirm?" He smiles gently as he opens a drawer to reveal the tests. "I got these from the infirmary just in case."

"Thank you." I smile weakly but make no move to grab them.

Atticus doesn't move either and stands before me. I feel a slight tremor run through my body as I glance at the tests again before meeting his gaze. His honey colored eyes that I love so much are filled with patience and understanding as they stare back at me. I feel hot tears brim my eyes when I sense him pouring his love for me through our bond.

"Whenever you're ready, love. We don't have to do this right now." He murmurs gently as he reaches out to wipe the first traitorous tear that escapes my eye.

"I-I'm scared." My bottom lip quivers and I bite down hard on it. "Fuck! I've had two years for goddess sake!"

"Hey..." He hushes me as he cups my face in both hands with a frown. "It's not something that we can forget about. I'm sure we'll remember our first child every time you get pregnant. It's okay to be scared, Livi."

"I don't want to be though." I whimper as the first sob escapes. "But I can't stop thinking about miscarrying again."

"Nobody's out for our throats this time and if you are pregnant I'm not letting you out of my sight. I'll leave no room for mistakes this time, that I can assure you." He promises with determination shining bright in his eyes. "Unless your body isn't physically able to carry our pup, you won't miscarry. Believe that, Livi."

"Okay." I breathe shakily as he wipes the endless number of tears that have streamed down my cheeks by now. "Okay, I will."

"I'm with you every step of the way, remember?" He grins boyishly which makes me laugh.

"I don't know what I did to deserve you." I mumble with a shake of my head.

"We were destined from the start, my love." He murmurs huskily before his lips come crashing down on mine.

I smile into the kiss and pour all the love I feel for him into it. He coaxes my lips passionately before I open and let him in. Our tongues dance together enticingly before eventually, oxygen becomes a matter of priority. I pull away and close my eyes when he rests his forehead against mine as we catch our breath.

"Are you sure?" He asks gently as I take a few tests and start opening them up.

"Yes."

He nods before leaving the bathroom and I take the tests with slight hesitation. Leaving them on the counter I walk back into the room and take a seat beside him on the bed. He intertwines our hands as he presses a firm kiss to my forehead before we sit in silence. My leg bounces nervously as we lose ourselves in our thoughts but eventually, the alarm I had set beeps and catches our attention. Atticus turns it off before turning to me expectantly.

I take a deep breath and am just about to get up but end up shaking my head. "Can you please..."

"Of course." He smiles handsomely as he walks into the bathroom.

I wait on the bed with my heart hammering away in my chest. He's completely silent as he walks back into the room with a test. I stare at him with anticipation as my hands clench the bed sheets in my fists.

"All the tests confirm that you're pregnant." He grins as happiness and excitement lights up his honey eyes.

Immediately, I burst into tears again. He laughs before picking me up and twirling me around. I find myself laughing along with him as he yells joyously. I'm going to be a mom! I think to myself. Happiness courses through me and I press my lips to his. He kisses me back with equal passion as we celebrate the beginning of a new chapter.

"We're going to be parents." I whisper as he sets me back down on the carpet but doesn't let go.

"I love you." He smiles as he rests his forehead against mine with tears brimming his eyes. "You're going to be such a good mom. I can't wait to love our baby just as much as I love you. And I promise, I'll do everything in my power to keep you both safe."

"I love you too, Atticus." I peck his lips softly as I wind my arms around his neck. "I know that our baby is so very lucky to have someone like you as their dad."

We head over to the infirmary next because although the tests I took all say that I'm pregnant we still need to get it confirmed by an actual doctor and tests. After getting those done Atticus and I return to our room and spend the rest of the evening just talking about the future and basking in the feeling.

Eventually, we're mind linked by the doctor to come back to the infirmary. We make our way into his office within minutes and with a smile he congratulates us on the pregnancy. He states that I'm only two weeks along with other things such as how the pregnancy is going to be three months. Atticus squeezes my hand in excitement as the doctor talks about medication and vitamins that he'll be prescribing me and I struggle not to laugh at how adorable he's being.

After scheduling me in for an ultrasound we leave the infirmary before heading back home. By now Atticus' parents and siblings have returned too and dinner is ready. We decide to tell them first before calling my parents later. As we take our seats at the table and the food is served Atticus takes a deep breath before calling for everyone's attention.

"Olivia is pregnant again!" He grins before everyone screams and cheers in delight.

As expected, Vasilia cries as she hugs us both tightly. Tobias, Arcadia and Elias fare much better and congratulate us with happy and excited smiles. It takes Vasilia a few minutes to gather her wits but eventually she gets there before she spends the rest of the dinner talking about grandchildren.

"Oh, I can't wait! What do you guys think, boy or girl?" She asks excitedly and everyone chuckles at her enthusiasm.

"Girl!" Arcadia smirks confidently before Elias chimes in with a "boy!"

Tobias, Vasilia and I think it's going to be a boy too before Atticus joins the girl team with Arcadia. They both high five each other which makes me laugh. Even though I'm only two weeks along everyone starts chatting about a baby shower, a nursery, baby clothes and all sorts. The more we talk about the baby the more excited I get but doubt still lingers. I hope I'm a good mom, I think to myself nervously. What if I mess up?

"You won't. We'll learn together." Atticus replies through our mind link as he intertwines our hands.

I smile gratefully before tuning back into the conversation. I'm so glad I have someone like him by my side forever. He was patient and understanding when I was healing from miscarrying and gave me space and time when I needed. I just hope I'm as good of a mate to him as he is to me.

After dinner, Atticus and I call my family when we're in the privacy of our room. They're equally as overjoyed as his family was. Mom immediately starts talking about visiting and sharing some advice which I eagerly take. I spend more time catching up on the phone with them and Jason. He's now in his senior year of high school and is hoping to get into a university on a sports scholarship which I have no doubt that he will.

Eventually, I get off the phone after agreeing to mom coming over within the next two weeks. Sighing blissfully, I look up at Atticus as he makes his way over to the bed. He smiles knowingly and I raise my arms so that he can take off my shirt easily. One by one every article of clothing is taken off until I'm left bare. I hold out my hand expectantly for my pajamas but am surprised when he throws them behind him.

"Atticus – ah!" I squeal when he pounces before moaning breathlessly as he starts placing open-mouthed kisses on my body.

He slips his own clothes off while I watch in both desire and admiration. I tangle my fingers into his hair as his body hovers over mine before trailing them over his naked torso. He catches my hands with a heated growl just before I take hold of him. Chuckling huskily, he presses kisses to each of my fingertips before leaning down and kissing me hungrily.

"Let me show you just how much I love you." He whispers as he pulls away.

"I think I already know." I hum pleasingly as his hands roam my bare body. "But I guess a reminder wouldn't hurt."

"No, it definitely wouldn't." He smirks as he nips and sucks at my jawline. "I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you too." I smile and we spend the rest of the night making sweet, heavenly love. 

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

The epilogue is already up on Inkitt! Click the link in my bio or announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

Update schedule is: every Monday, Wednesday & Friday!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.3K 2.6K 13
He went from omega to Alpha just in two days His family relatives are dead because he killed them bare handed? What if you did worse... I didn't unde...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...
1.5K 106 13
He watched as her eyes skimmed over his dark eyes and black hair with barely a reaction. He felt his pride twinge a bit so he went further. Lifting h...