Regain [l.t + z.m]

By prattpratt-baby

Zayn & Louis were high school sweethearts until Zayn announced he was 4 months pregnant at the age of 19 with... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

2

2.1K 110 19
By prattpratt-baby

"Oliver William! Stop running away from daddy and put your pajamas on!" Zayn laughed chasing the now three year old boy throughout the flat.

"Have to catch Oliver, Daddy! No sleep yet!" The toddler giggled, continuing to run from Zayn.

"Fine then, I guess daddy will have to go and sleep all by himself," Zayn pouted "G'night Oli."

"Daddy!" The little boy squealed, "No leave Oli, daddy. No leave!"

Zayn tried hiding his smile, as he continued to walk down the hall to his room, "Oli doesn't wanna sleep with Daddy."

"No, Oli sleep wif daddy please." Oliver whimpered tugging on his dad's oversized shirt.

"Aw bug daddy was only kidding. Now c'mon bef-" Zayn was cut off by his phone ringing.

"Daddy phone!" Oliver shouted, trying to wiggle from his dad's arms.

Zayn nodded, "Go lay down while daddy answers the phone okay bug?" Oliver nodded before climbing into bed, with his stuffed elephant. "'Lo?"

"Yes is this a Zayn Malik?" The unknown caller asked.

"Yes it is and who may I ask is calling?"

"Ah, good evening Mr. Malik. I'm Dr.Rogers from St. Thomas' Hospital," Dr. Rogers began, "I understand you have relations with Louis Tomlinson?"

Zayn's breath hitched, not hearing Louis' name for well over 3 years "I, uhm, yes. He's the father of my son as well as my ex-boyfriend." Zayn hesitated, "Is he alright Doctor?"

"It appears Louis has been in a terrible accident-," Terrible Accident is the only thing Zayn hears. It keeps replaying over and over in his head.

Terrible accident.
Terrible accident.
Louis.
Terrible accident.
Louis' been in an accident.

"Ex-cuse me did you say accident?" Zayn stuttered.

"Im afraid so Mr. Malik,-"

Zayn's breath hitched, not knowing how to feel about this. Sure Louis was an arse for leaving him all alone and pregnant but Zayn still sort of loved the man. Only just a little (he knew he was lying to himself, it's more like he never stopped). Zayn couldn't believe what he was hearing, he refused to believe it.

Louis was strong. Zayn knew that much, he knew that Louis would be okay but he also knew that Louis didn't have anyone to fall back on. That must be the case right? That must be why they're even calling Zayn. "Excuse me doctor, but doesn't Louis have a significant other? Why are you calling me?"

"Well no, it seems you were his emergency contact. You have been for years now."

And oh. Zayn wasn't suspecting that.

Zayn zoned out letting his mind wander to all the things they used to do when they were together.

There was one time when Zayn was at work and Louis was back at the flat trying to create the perfect date but ended up making a fire in the kitchen. They ended up spending the night at a hotel with Pizza, movies and a bottle of soda.

Then there was when Zayn wanted to surprise Louis with tickets to the premier of the new Spiderman movie but they didn't make it since Louis insisted on thanking Zayn a little afterwards and didn't let up until half past 11 (when the movie started). Zayn had a giggle fit, kissing the pout off of Louis' face with promises to get the tickets for the next marvel movie, only for the same thing to happen again.

Then of course there was Zayn's all time favorite of when they met back in primary school when Louis kicked a football and it ended up against Zayn's face, while he colored.
Zayn didn't want anything to do with the older boy until Louis kissed his cheek apologizing with a cookie and "Mummy says to always kiss an ouchie to make it feel better."

Zayn couldn't wait to tell Oliver how his daddies met and can only hope Oli found it funny.

Then there was also their first date when both boys were so nervous and Louis knocked over their soda all over Zayn's lap at the cinema. Zayn let out a quiet chuckle "-I'm gonna need you to come down as soon as possible for Louis. Is that alright Mr. Malik?" Came Dr. Rogers' voice through the other line.

"I uhm," Zayn let his mind wander back to the memories and found himself smiling once again, and he knew what he had to do "I need a bit of time Dr. I've got no one to watch my son but I'll gladly stop by tomorrow after my shift and I pick up Oliver from the nursery. Is that alright?" Zayn asked nervously.

"Of course Mr. Malik! That's fantastic news. I'll see you tomorrow then. Have a lovely evening." Dr. Rogers' voice rang through.

"As well as yourself Dr." Zayn hung up, getting into the other side of his bed, pulling Oliver to his chest. Memories of him and Louis filling his mind as he drifted off to sleep, a small smile on his face.

***

The following morning Zayn was up by 7, his shift not starting for another 2 hours. He decided to let Oliver sleep for another half hour, getting up to make his baby's favorite food.

Pancakes.

He knew Oliver would be upset, as his father normally wakes him up to help but Zayn had so much going on in his mind that he just needed a few to himself. Zayn knew what he was doing and that when Louis regained his memory, he would have to let him go back to his life. It would be hard but Zayn won't hold him back.

Sure he still loved the older lad, hasn't been able to stop even after he left. Deciding that was enough of torturing himself (and finished with Oli' breakfast) it was time to wake up his little sunshine, "Babe," Zayn whispered, gently running his fingers through the feathery brown hair.

Oliver made a sound of protest, "no daddy. No get up."

"C'mon bug, daddy made pancakes." Zayn whispered, rubbing his sons back. "Get up for Daddy please."

"Fiiiiine," Oliver whined "only cause pancakes." He giggled.

Zayn chuckled picking Oliver up and taking him downstairs, "D'you wanna go to day care or do you wanna go to work with daddy? So I can call uncle Harry and tell him you'll be joining us."

"Go work with daddy." Oliver replied, voice muffled from his hiding place in Zayn's chest.

Zayn nodded and made a mental note to shoot Harry a text, letting him know Oliver would be joining him in the studio. Oliver has been there with him more than he actually goes to nursery. Harry doesn't mind though, treats Oliver as if he was his own. Meaning he buys Oliver gifts and Oliver loves it.

To: Haaaz
From: Zee & Baby O
Hey, I hope you don't mind Oli joining today plus I have some news for you . See you in a bit ! Xx

Once Zayn was dressed he checked his phone seeing a message from Harry,
To: Zee & Baby O
From: Haaaz
I don't mind at all Zee!
Tell Baby O, uncle Harry has a present for him.
Be careful, I'll see you when you get here xx

Zayn chuckled picking up Oliver and taking him to the car, "Uncle H has a surprise for you baby!"

"He always has a surprise for me daddy!" Oliver giggled "I love you Daddy."

"I love you too baby, now let's get going. We have to go pick up a friend from the hospital later. Okay?"

"Alright Daddy. Is he nice?" Oli questioned looking up at his Zayn.

"He's pretty nice baby, you'll love him. I promise." Zayn smiled, trying to convince himself that everything will be okay.

---------------------

This is long over due ! But I hope you guys enjoy it ! Feedback is always welcomed and if you like it please please please don't be afraid to vote ! Thank you ! ✌ ~Miranda

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 4.2K 45
Harry Styles, a quite cheeky and charming lad, was living the dream with his fellow band mates. But on one unfortunate day, he had to make the most h...
49.4K 2.5K 37
Zayn Malik is content with his life. His parents accepted him in his choice of lifestyle, he has a very cute baby, that even if the biological father...
3.1K 231 40
Harry becomes pregnant but the thing is, he doesn't know if Zayn or Louis is the father -Stick with me on this I wrote this years ago and it got del...
47.1K 743 31
Louis Tomlinson was only meant to be Robyn's one night stand. But what happens when she bumps into him? Does she tell him? Or does she leave it? 'Lo...