Rebirth of a Rose

By frostfujoshi

Dong Fu, was a well settled and self-made businessman at the age of thirty-two. Who would have ever thought f... More

Authors Note
1. Rebirth
3. Leave the past behind
4. Haunted House
5. Memories of Past
6. Steal his Money
7. 78 Millions
8. Meeting a Plastic
9. Dong Fu's Meets His Princess
10. Defeated
11. More Dead Chicken
12. 88 Roses of Apology
13. Murdered
14. His Will
15. A Lie from the Beginning
16. It's Happening Again
17. Feng Sui is a Bad Boy
18. Sniper Attack
19. Feng Sui's eyes
20. Memories of Past (part 2)
21. Countdown of 48 hours
22. Adopted
23. Captain Ma Yo
24. Winning calls for Celebration
25. Follow Him
26. Meet Silver Devil
27. Silver Rose
28. Big News
29. New In-laws
30. Now, we are even.
31. Meet the Anderson's
32. Three winters ago
33. Jealous
34. Drunk on Wine
35. Suspect
36. Prison
37. Christmas
38. Shall we begin?
39. Day Feng Sara Jin died
40. Dinner
Author's special Note
41. Sanokaya Laboratories
42. Juice Commercial
43. White Roses
44. Cheating wives
45. Drugged
46. Ritual
47. Rose and Devil
Not An Update
48. Nincompoops
49. Heavy heart
50. Trust no one (part 1)
51. Trust no one (part 2)
52. Orchids
53. Disappeared
54. Knives
55. Broken Doll
56. Being played
57. Revenge
58. Kicked him out
59. Interrogation
60. Rest in Peace
61. Children at War
62. Addicted to Games.
63. Promise of death
64. Cheating Uncle
65. Stranger In Bed
66. Very Very Dirty
67. Fried or Steamed
68. Amsterdam
69. Target
70. Only if You Knew
71. Recordings [Part 1]
72. Recording [Part 2]
73. Recording [part 3]
74. Regret and Redemption
75. Never Married
76. And it did
77. Face to Face
78. Life and Death
79. A Choice
80. Fate
81. I Lied
82. Shopping Bags
83. Locked in the house.
84. Joining the dots
85. The Happy Couple
86. Unexpected Meet
87. Fake
88. Some things in common
89. Deserved It
90. Chasing the Truth
91. Statements
92. Forced Confession
93. Being Insane
94. His True Words
95. How to smoke a butler?
96. My Ugly Children
97. Small Talks
98. Jealous of a Man
Not An Update
99. Never been so Sure
100. It was you
101. Who is Ziyi?
102. The Wedding
Extra
New Book

2. Who am I?

8K 291 81
By frostfujoshi

When Dong Fu opened his eyes, he saw a white ceiling. He smelled the strange disinfectant and the smell of medicines. He hated it, but he was glad he was alive. The sunlight reflecting through the windows hurt his eyes. His body was feeling numb, his head throbbing in pain and he felt very thirsty.

He tried lifting his head to take a look around. There was an IV connected to his hand, various monitors showing different things, blinking red and green.

There was another bed next to his, a young boy around seven was sitting with his legs crossed, he gazed at Dong Fu with his cute almond eyes. His head was shaved clean, there was a scar on his head, which was healed but there was a little pink color around its edges. His heart ached looking at this young baby in pain.

Dong Fu smiled at the boy, and the boy smiled back. He was feeling a little thirsty. He saw steel thermos on the table next to the bed. He tried to reach out for the water bottle on the small bedside table but his muscles felt lifeless. He could barely move his hands.

The little boy quickly got down from his bed and pressed the bell to call the nurse.

Dong Fu recalled his last memory. He was going for an important meeting, he felt chest pains and fell on the ground. The last thing he saw was Sam's fearful and panicked face.

'That heart attack was so painful.... Where is this nutcase Sam anyway?' he wondered.

The nurse quickly rushed in, she saw that Dong Fu was awake and smiled.

"It's good to see you back Mr. Sui. You got us all worried." She looked at his chart and smiled again, "The doctor will be here shortly. I will inform your aunt, she will be here soon with you."

'Did she just call me Sui? Which aunt was she talking about?' Dong Fu wondered.

He tried whispering, "water."

The nurse poured water into a glass and helped him drink. After which he again drifted back to sleep.

When he woke up again, he looked at the beautiful, tall woman dressed in a red floral dress sitting on a chair next to his bed. The woman saw him wake up and her eyes lit up in excitement.

She held his hands tightly, "Oh, my baby you are awake. I thought you would leave my side too. Sniff.. The doctor said you are all okay now, all the tests are normal. I am so happy."

She waited for him to reply or have some sort of expressions. Looking at his blank expression, she asked worriedly, "Sui, How are you feeling? You have been sleeping for quite a long time. Does it hurt anywhere? Can you move your hands and legs? Do you want to sit?"

Being bombarded with multiple questions, Dong Fu's head started spinning, but then again he wondered, 'Sui? Who the hell is Sui? Even the nurse before had called me Sui. Is that a nick name given to me? So strange.'

Dong Fu starred at the woman who was looking at him affectionately. He felt a little awkward, "I am feeling okay, my right leg is aching though."

"Sui, you have a mild fracture on your right leg due to the accident, the doctor said there is nothing major and you will be fine. I should have never let you stay by yourself." She sniffed.

Dong Fu's brain was running out of oil, he couldn't understand what this lady was talking about, "Who are you and why does everyone keep calling me Sui? Also what accident are you talking about?"

The expression on the woman's face was a complete quizzical, she had her eyes and mouth wide open, she then closed her mouth and tried to say something.. "I.. You.. You don't remember?"

"What do you mean I don't remember? Of course I remember, I just don't know you or why you keep calling me Sui. Where is my family, they should be here with me." Dong Fu said.

"I am your aunt, your only family. You are Sui, Feng Sui.." she replied. Dong Fu thought he was dreaming or this was some sort of prank.

"That....." Dong Fu paused for a while, then laughed lightly, "What kind of prank are you playing on me?" He questioned.

"It's not a prank." She replied seriously and held his hand even more tightly.

Dong Fu starred at her hand that was holding his. He observed something odd and pulled his hand away. He looked at his right hand and then left, the infinity rose tattoo on both his wrists were gone. His hands were much thinner and paler than he remembered.

"Did they get rid of my tattoos?" He asked her. He was feeling a little angry, he had a heart attack, not skin allergies.

"You didn't have any tattoos, but if you are worried about the scars, you don't have to. We can help you find a doctor and do the surgery to remove the scars later, if needed.'' She replied smiling.

Dong Fu thought for a while, he was really confused. He repeated what the woman said, "So, you are my aunt? That makes me your nephew or niece? " Dong Fu wanted to freak out, he quickly moved his hands to feel his treasure and let out a sigh of relief. His jewels were still intact.

The woman was dumb founded. She really wanted to call the doctor to ask what was wrong with her nephew.

Dong Fu ignored the woman thinking she was some mental patient. He wanted to call Sam and ask about the situation at the company. Sure the news about him getting heart attack made headlines, even if he left modelling a decade ago there were always paparazzi roaming around him to get a piece of juicy news.

He looked around to find his phone, but it wasn't there. "Where is my phone?" he asked the woman.

"Baby, your phone is with the police. There is an investigation going on regarding the car accident you were involved in."

He ignored the car accident thing, what irritated him more was how intimately she called him baby like she was his sugar mommy.

"Can I borrow your phone?" Even though it irritated him, he didn't want to kick away the only help he had for now.

She unlocked her phone and gave it to Dong Fu. He dialed Sam's number and it went straight to voicemail. He was really worried about the deal, he wanted to connect to the company's intranet but his login ID and password were invalid.

He thought it was some technical error and checked if there were any announcements made by the company with respect to the new hotel they were about to start constructing, but after what he read, he wanted to vomit blood.

His heart was beating fast, he checked other news websites. Every page he visited, announced the news of his death and funeral.

His hands started shivering. He opened the front camera on the phone and his eyes almost popped out. The face he saw was of a stranger.

A cold shiver ran down his spine, he looked at the woman in front of him and asked "I was in a car accident and in a coma?" she nodded to it.

"This face belongs to person know as Feng Sui?" She nodded again.

He gulped the saliva in fear, 'What happened to me then? I died? I became a ghost and possessed someone else?'

He just wanted to wake up from this terrible nightmare. His hands and feet turned cold, and he lost consciousness.

-----------------

Do you know how it feels when you work hard, for hours to prepare sushi, keep it in the freezer to have it later, only to find that it was eaten by someone else? 

Something similar happened to Dong Fu but what was eaten, was not Sushi but his nine-digit bank balance and eighteen years of sweat and tears. He never woke up from the nightmare, but got used to seeing the stranger in the mirror.

He stood outside his company hotel thinking if he should go in. He talked to Sam before but he was told to stop hallucinating to be someone else.

His mother and sister were scared and told him if he was alive, to stay dead so that they could get his life insurance and the money.

It's been two months since he woke up in another body. His leg was healed and he could walk properly. He installed a camera in his room to see if real Sui would gain consciousness when he was asleep. But there was no sign of him.

Feng Sui was twenty-two, had a master degree in finance and was a brilliant student. The woman who visited him at the hospital was his aunt and wife of the president of FW Entertainment, her name was Christin white. That is why he thought he had seen her before. He had met her for various events.

Though he had healed, his body was still weak. He was thin and his hairs were small like he had been in the military. They were still growing after being shaved for the surgery. The scar on his head was invisible due to the tiny hairs, but he wore a baseball cap to hide it.

For two months he lived in an apartment rented by his aunt. She would come once in a week, other times a maid would come to deliver food and clean the place. The plaster on his leg was gone and he could move freely now. He was going to his aunt's place to meet her and her family. He stopped on the way to his hotel.

He was feeling nervous in his stomach, he wanted to meet Sam and talk to him. He was scared and alone in this messy situation. Even if he was a thirty-two-year-old matured man, his current brain was still young.

He walked at the reception desk, there were two young ladies he had never seen before. Too many things changed in these two months.

He smiled at them, "Can I meet Mr. Zhang Ling?"

The two women gave each other a confused look. Dong Fu continued, "He is the General Manager here?"

"Oh... Mr. Zhang. He doesn't work at the company anymore. He resigned from the job two weeks ago."

Dong Fu didn't wait there to ask any further questions. If he wasn't here, he would find him elsewhere. He hired a cab and went straight to Sam's place. He lived in a small four-bedroom villa, the area was a nice, decent and family-friendly neighbourhood. He knocked on the door.

A young man opened the door for him. He was wearing cotton pants, and his chest was exposed. One would drool looking at the handsome man and his 8 packs. That was the same reaction of Dong Fu, he was left starring.

"You are?" Dong Fu asked.

The young man chuckled looking at his reaction, "You are at my house asking me who I am?"

"Where is Zhang Ling?" Dong Fu asked again.

"Are you sure you have the right house? Or you are just making an excuse to talk to me?" The man licked his lower lip.

"No, I am looking for my friend. He stays here?" Dong Fu was a little confused himself.

"I just moved in two days back, maybe you are looking for the previous owner?" He suggested.

"They moved? When? Where?" Dong Fu asked.

"I can call the real estate company and ask." The man licked his lips again, "You are free to wait inside while I give them a call."

"No, I will find some other way." Before Dong Fu could leave he was pulled inside the house.

"I don't take no for an answer." The man chuckled.

A/N: please vote, comment and share...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 122K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...
9.7K 421 10
Discontinued. 9 chapters total.(may continue later at some point or not) After falling to his death Wei Ying wakes up, wait. Wakes up? WangXian FF We...
214K 7.4K 44
Zen Yodai, 27 y.o virgin 'straight' man. He claimed to be 'straighter than a ruler' but some people doesn't believe it (Me). Anyway, he died in the a...
104K 4.7K 59
Chen Li jie, a well-known criminal died and transmigrated into a soon-to-be-concubine of the cold General Feng Delun. As a straight man himself, he w...