ā†  TwiNj Musical Stories ā†ž

By Mystic-Devil

She is a sunshine in hurricane, He is calm as waves of water. Yet, they are soulmates, destined to be togethe... More

02| Be Intehaa
03| Naina Da Kya Kasoor

01| Behka Na

995 61 43
By Mystic-Devil

Happy Birthday IAmMsMarshmallow
Here you go with the surprise!

Behka Na

"Kunj! Kunj! Where are you?", Twinkle called out his name, but only heard her voice echo in the silent and secluded area of Amtitsar.

She was here waiting at their secret spot for him, for past fifteen minutes but he was nowhere to be seen, which irked her alot.

Already past few days had been no less than a shock for her. Reason? Well the reason was, that he was getting engaged! Yes engaged and that to whom she didn't knew yet, even though she was his childhood bestfriend.

Well, he was gonna reveal this to her today and this made who day a living hell for her as she could not wait to see the girl that was 'perfect' for him. Oh! Note the sarcasm in 'perfect' *giggles*

Amidst this, all she knew was it was a girl chosen by his mother and he had readily agreed to the alliance.

The problem wasn't that he was getting engaged. The problem was that why she felt bad and upset hearing about this, but why?

They were bestfriends from past twenty years, since they both were four years old.

They have practically spent more than half of their lives together, almost 14 hours a day of their time belonged to eachother, since past twenty years.

Their was hardly a day when they didn't met. They have done alot of crazy and stupid things together. He was her saviour and she was his siyappa queen but she didn't knew why it felt that something sharp was stinging her heart, when he broke the news of his engagement to her.

She should be happy for him right?

Then why everything felt wrong to her?

Then why could not she had that genuine smile when he talked about his soon to-be-wifey?

Why it stinged her heart every single time seeing him talk about his to-be-wife with a happy and contended smile on his face?

She didn't knew why this happened to her but she wanted an answer of this 'Why?'.

Twinkle was snapped out of her thoughts, when she heard his apologies from a little far and looked upto see him walking near her, looking as usually good but today he looked more handsome and attractive to her, or maybe she was focusing to much on him.

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! I am really sorry for being late but I was stuck somewhere.", Kunj said, with a cute puppy face to melt her anger, as he knew he was late and she wasn't gonna spare him this time cause it was happening for the third time this week.

"Where were you stuck?", Twinkle questioned, squinting her eyes narrowly at him, in an accusing manner.

"Uh! Actually mom was telling that Guru Ji is gonna come today and fix final date for engagement.", He replied, with a small blushy smile, but her face went expressionless hearing that and her heart dropped a beat.

Finalising the engagement date was about to happen and she knew it was meant to happen any day but she felt short of breath. Twinkle managed to fake a smile and asked him, "U..Uh okay. Congratulations but then why did you called me here? You should be at home right?"

"Uh, Actually I want to buy a gift for her, Twinkle.", Kunj said, slightly hesitant.

"Her? For whom?", asked Twinkle, yet she knew the answer well but her messed up feelings made her ask such stupid questions.

"Who else can it be Twinkle? Obviously the one I am getting engaged to right? I should be buying a gift for her only.", Kunj replied, with an'isn't it obvious' face.

"Once it used to be for me Kunj.", uttered Twinkle, to herself.

"You said something?", Kunj questioned.

"No, Why will I? Scratch that. Why did you called me here for?", asked Twinkle, faking a smile.

"I need your help to find perfect gift for her and I know you will help me choose the best.", replied Kunj, smiling sheepishly.

Crap! Wasn't the shock of his engagement date getting finalised enough, that he was making things more difficult for her?

"Kunj, umm..", started Twinkle, but was cut short of her words, as he interrupted her before she could make an excuse.

"Please! Please! Please! Don't deny me and you know what, you are coming right now with me and gonna help me.", Kunj ordered.

"But Kunj.", Twinkle tried to resist but was once again cut off by him.

"No ifs and buts Twinkle! You are coming means coming!", Kunj said, cutting off her conversation once more.

He held her hand and took her towards his car and opened the door for her, having no other option left Twinkle quietly sat on the passenger seat, while he took the driving seat.

Bhagtey enn nazaron mein,
Hain yeh kayse pal thhehara huwaa,
Bhattke se humm,
Bhattke kaddam,
Mahka hain jayse ruwaan ruwaan,

Kunj started driving the car and turned on the radio, as if everything planned, the song perfect to her situation started playing, erupting thousand of memories in her head.

She looked at him, whose concentration was on the road ahead but she was just staring at him, his black shades shielding his hypnotic brown orbs behind them, as the wind ruffled through his goldenish brown shade.

It was already 30 past 4 and since the winters were already here, the cold breeze coming from the car window made her quiver in unprecedented feelings and anticipations, that she had never felt before.

Naa hi sochha naa hi samjjaha,
Bas karne ko main challa,
Abbhi ton mann merey paas thha,
Kabb behka kabb talla,

She was noticing him more and more since past few days, maybe the day she and Chinki were randomly talking about a few things, that so obviously included Kunj. Chinki suddenly out of nowhere exclaimed a conclusion that she (Twinkle) was in love with Kunj.

Why? Because according to Chinki, she was talking about him more and more often. She seemed to indulge herself in things that she didn't liked alot but because they made Kunj happy. She seemed to be lost these days and when asked 'What was it?', she had uttered Kunj's name in a daze and that made Chinki sure of it but Twinkle clearly denied it.

Was it true, what Chinki was saying?

Binna boley jo nazar kah jayein,
Haulley haulley dil ko dil se millayein,
Janney janna mujjhey behka na,

"Twinkle!", Kunj called out, her name this time a little louder than before making her snap out of her thoughts.

"I have called your name for the fifth time. Where are you lost Twinkle?", Kunj questioned, a bit irritated at her absent mindedness.

"In you.", Twinkle uttered, in daze.

"What?", Kunj whisper yelled, in a dramatic way making Twinkle jump in her seat.

"Aah..What happened?", asked Twinkle, taking a deep breath.

"What did you said?", Kunj questioned, raising his brows in his ever-so-famous one eyebrow-up look.

Twinkle was stuck for a moment before regaining her composure and counter questioned him back, "What did you heard?."

"Hey! I questioned first, so answer. What did you say? I didn't heard you cause this is the second time today you have been lost and talking to yourself. Are you okay?", Kunj said and kept his hand on her forehead to pretending to check if she had a fever.

"What are you doing?", Twinkle asked agitated and shrugged his hands away.

"Checking if you have fever cause you are behaving weird.", said Kunj, shrugging his shoulder.

"Idiot!", muttered Twinkle, smacking his shoulder.

"Oow! Don't hit me, I am not married yet.", said Kunj, dramatically earning a disgusted look from Twinkle.

"Eh, sorry. See we reached and it's already 5 and we need to reach home back before dinner. So let's quickly get things we came here for. ", said Kunj, unbuckling his seat belt.

Both of them came out of the car and walked inside the mall.

Binna boley jo nazar kah jayein,
Haulley haulley dil ko dil se millayein,
Janney janna mujjhey behka na,

Binna boley jo nazar kah jayein,
Haulley haulley dil ko dil se millayein,
Janney janna mujjhey behka na,

It was almost an hour since they both were loitering around trying to find something for Kunj's to-be-wife and all this while, he was talking about her.

Twinkle mentally wished to strangle that woman who had made her bestfriend turn into a chatterbox ranting about her and her continuously.

"Twinkle see this dress is so beautiful.", said Kunj, as they searched through another shop.

He took that beautiful pink anarkali dress and like always showed it to her but this time it was for a different person or say the person who was gonna take him away from her.

The mere thought of losing him brought tears in her eyes. They have been inseparable for past twenty years but now it was going to change forever.

He was gonna have so many new responsibilities and a person who would ask much more attention then her and it was her right but why did this thought hurted her so much?

Duwaon mein saddaye thhi,
Saddwaon mein na thha koyi,
Chhuwaa jo garm shaanson ne,
Lagga yuin ho seelah koyi,

"Hey Twinkle! What happened? Why are you crying?", asked Kunj, out of his never ending concern for her and cupped her face to console her, without caring that they were standing in the middle of a shop.

She looked at him and saw so much concern and worry for her in his eyes but will that remain same forever?

"Stop crying Twinkle. You know I can't see tears in your eyes.", said Kunj, wiping away those unshed tears that threaten to spill her eyes.

Labbhon pe eltejaa aayi,
Assar lein ke waffa aayi,
Dil musaafir darbaddar,
Kiss dagar pe hain laai,

"What happened Twinkle? Aren't you feeling good? Let's go back home. We will select gifts some other day.", said Kunj, concerned seeing her teary eyes that turned slightly red.

He thought she wasn't feeling well cause it was only those rare events when she behave this way and it often happens when she is sick or extremely unhappy but whatever the case was, it made him worried.

He held her hand and turned around to go back home but she stood there itself and stopped him holding his wrist making him turn again to face her but a worried look appatent on his face.

"I am okay Kunj. It's just that something went into my eyes. Let's complete the shopping.", said Twinkle gaining her composure and lied.

"Twinkle are you sure? I mean we can continue any other day. It's not more important than you.", said Kunj, concerned to which her heart skipped a beat but she managed to nod.

They quickly completed their shopping spree and settled back in car to go back home when Twinkle said, "Can we visit Gurdwara Kunj?"

"Twinkle at this time? It's already 7.", said Kunj, looking at his watch.

"Please Kunj. Promise we won't stay there for long.", said Twinkle, with a cute puppy face that Kunj failed to deny.

"Okay.", agreed Kunj and drove the car towards Gurdwara.

Twinkle sat back and looked out of the window. She closed her eyes and rested her head back against the seat to calm her heart and mind.

She wanted to find the answer of her confusions and everything that she could not find and the best place was Gurdwara.

Soon they reached Gurdwara and went inside. Twinkle covered her head with a veil.

Binna boley jo nazar kah jayein,
Haulley haulley dil ko dil se millayein,
Janney janna mujjhey behka na,

"Babaji please help me find the answer of my questions. Why am I not happy with everything happening. Do I Love Kunj?", prayed Twinkle, silently and closed her eyes to find answer for her queries to find only face image revolving in her mind.

Kunj!

It was Kunj! His smiling face came infront her eyes. A beautiful smile appeared on her own face.

Twinkle opened her eyes to look around for him but didn't find him beside her. She stood up to look around for him and found him sitting near the holy pond and cute little baby girl sitting beside him.

She was trying to take holy water in her little hands but failed to do so as she was to little to know how to take it in her hands.

She pouted cutely making Kunj chuckle and he then joined his hands together and taught her the way to do so and little girl copied him.

Twinkle smiled seeing him. He was such a genuine and down-to-earth person always ready to help anyone without any selfish reason.

She loved him.

She loved this man.

Yes she loved him but wasn't it to late?

His engagement date was to be fixed tonight, his relationship was already fixed with someone else.

The mere thought of this made her heart settle in unhappiness and something she could not explain in words, her smile was swept of her face and slight tears in her eyes.

"Twinkle? Let's go.", said Kunj, approaching her with his usual smile that never left his face.

"Let's go.", said Twinkle, in a slow voice looking away from him to hide her tears, that she knew would make him worry about her.

"Okay.", said Kunj and walked ahead.

Twinkle followed him side by side but kept staring at him. He was so near to her, practically by her side almost every day but she didn't realised, she loved him until now when she was about to loose.

Nahi hi socha nahi hi samjjha,
Bas karne ko yeh challa,
Abbhi ton mann merey pass thha,
Kabb behka kabb talla,

Kunj stopped the car on their usual secret spot. The place where they met for the first time.

This was same place where twenty years back they both met when they came with there respective parents to the park on this hill top and became friends here.

Time passed and they became from strangers to friends then bestfriends and before they knew they were inseparables.

This place was where they met but it had a secluded mountain edge that was shadowed by trees and hardly anyone knew about that place but they being the curious kids had found this place when they were mere teenagers and since then this was their secret spot.

That mountain edge gave the whole view of the city and just make it look more beautiful from that spot. Those huge buildings and empires seem so small from there and sun shadowing upon them.

"Why are we here Kunj?", asked Twinkle, confused.

"Don't question anything. Just come quickly else we will miss it.", said Kunj, pulling off his seat belt and walked to her side of door and almost dragged her out holding her hand.

"Kunj, What happened? What will we miss?", asked Twinkle, walking behind him as he dragged her holding her hand.

Kunj ignored her question for a while and made his way through the trees to there usual spot. Twinkle was about to question him once again but her words died in her throat as she saw the scenario infront of her.

The sky as far as to her sight was engulfed by paper lanterns that illuminated like stars against the inky black night in the cold weather and flew freely across the city.

It made the scenario much more beautiful and breathtaking but this was her wish! Her wish to see lanterns flying across the city on occasion of lantern festival. The wish she made this year at her birthday and he fulfilled it once again.

He fulfilled her twenty-th wish she made like always on her birthdays.

"Twinkle, Common let's lit this else we will miss it.", said Kunj.

She turned around to see him holding two paper lanterns. She was totally speechless.

Twinkle went near him and lit the lanterns with matchstick and then both of them left them free in air after making a wish.

Twinkle once again took in the view of sky and was rendered speechless. He had chosen the best spot to witness and complete her wish.

Binna boley jo nazar kah jayein,
Haulley haulley dil ko dil se millayein,
Janney janna mujhey behka na,

They layed across the mat that was on the hilly top and stared at the breathtaking view of sky that was engulfed in the yellow and orange hues of colourful lanterns flying across it.

There was a complete silence for sometime before Twinkle finally decided to spoke up.

"Kunj.", said Twinkle, turning to face him.

Kunj hummed back in response and looked at her to see her hesitating to say something. The way she twitched her eyes or the way she was fidgeting with her fingers said it all.

Something was bothering her!

"Umm, Have you seen the girl Usha Maa selected for you?", questioned Twinkle.

"Obviously Twinkle, Else why would I agree to marry someone whom I don't know?", replied Kunj, with a chuckle.

"So how is she? I mean do you love her?", questioned Twinkle, hesitantly.

"Obviously Twinkle, I love her else why would I agree to marry her? She is the one who is perfect for me. The one who is my soulmate and you know the best part about it is, that you know her too. ", replied Kunj, with a smile.

A lone tear escaped her eye as he talked about her but the end of his conversation confused her.

She knew her? How was that possible?

"I..I know her? How?", asked Twinkle, confused and sat up straight as tears escaped her eyes, her heart was already broken cause the fact that he found that girl perfect for him, shattered something within her.

Kunj also sat straight and said with a smile "Yes you know her very well Twinkle. The one who has the most beautiful smile and her one smile makes my life better. The one who is my soulmate."

"W..Who is she ?", asked Twinkle, in a crooked voice almost about to cry.

All of a sudd4n Kunj leaned in closer towards her ear and whispered slowly taking her off guard, "It's you."

Twinkle was rooted at her place and looked at him with wide eyes. He was so close to her, an inch away from her lips, there warm breaths mingling together.

"I Love You Twinkle. It's you who makes my life worth living. ", whispered Kunj, slowly as his hand cupped her face and his forehead rests against hers.

The lanterns gave the perfect background to their confession of love.

"I..I Love You Too Kunj. I Love You.", muttered Twinkle, her voice overwhelmed with happiness and joy.

She could not believe this moment and looked at Kunj confused, "But Kunj..", before she could complete her words, Kunj closed the inch gap between them and captured her lips in a passionate kiss.

He kissed her with passion, love and happiness and mumbled in between the kiss answering her all queries in two words, "It's you!"

Binna boley jo najar kah jayein,
Haulley haulley dil ko dil se millayein,
Janney janna mujjhey behka na,

☆•☆•☆••

Pens down for this shot!

I hope you liked it IAmMsMarshmallow 🙈

Fingers Crossed 🤞🏻

Here I launch my ~ Musical Short Stories ~ book I have been planning to publish for a long time and I found no other perfect day than today to launch it.

Thank You ❤
Ciao gente bella a presto.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 263 78
ā† One Shots based on songs ā† Features Vetrivel and Malarvizhi from Eeramaana Rojaave
17.6K 475 52
As you may have noticed, I love writing stories about the "Snowbarry" couple. Well, this story is a little different from what I usually write. This...
16.4K 266 55
Shine, step into the light. So bright sometimes, but he won't let her go back. *the beginning is a bit rough since I had never written anything befor...
5.3K 356 6
It's a few shot story on our popular couple of tashan e ishq from zee tv , it's about twinj aka sidmin Hope you all Iike it as other books Fingercr...