Years Like No Other || (BTS X...

By trashburger

Hogwarts holds many secrets, so do the students. Plenty of students have caused issues, but many students sho... More

Background
Introductions
1 - Jealousy
2 - A Slytherin and a Gryffindor - Part 1
4 - Where's Jimin?
5 - New Friends
6 - Thankful
7 - Eavesdropping
8 - Quidditch
9 - Jungkook's Heart
10 - Animagus
11 - You-Know-Who
12 - Christmas - Part 1
13 - Christmas - Part 2
14 - Confession
15 - Sharing Secrets
16 - Flight
17 - Mother and Father
18 - Followed
19 - Feelings
20 - The Journey's End
Ask Questions!
Thank You!
A/N
A/N (2)
Stars Preview
A/N ×3 (Sorry about all the A/Ns)
Stars Sneak Peak
Published!
Thank You ×2
Lost At Sea Rewritten Published
Years Like No Other Year 2 Published!

3 - A Slytherin and a Gryffindor - Part 2

5.4K 200 82
By trashburger

Flashback

     Once you and your new friend arrived at Hogwarts you followed Professor McGonagall with the rest of the first years into the great hall. You stood herded into a crowd in the center of the great hall as Professor McGonagall explained the old ragged hat that was sat on a stool. You weren't paying much attention though. You were mesmerized by the floating candles and the night sky stretched across the ceiling.

     After a few moments Professor McGonagall called on your name. You jumped then shyly walked up to the stool and sat down. As McGonagall placed the sorting hat on your head you could hear it mumbling. You didn't really care about which house you would be sorted into. Ravenclaws showed wit and intelligence. Hufflepuffs were loyal and hard-working, also least likely to become deatheaters out of all of the houses. Gryffindors were courageous and chivalrous. And Slytherins were cunning and ambitious. You thought you could fit in with any house.

     You could tell the sorting hat was struggling to find a perfect match for you, seeing as it took a considerable amount of time for it to finally call out,

     "Gryffindor!" You smiled as your new housemates stood and cheered from their table. Professor McGonagall pulled the hat off your head and you slid off the stool and over to the other Gryffindors. You plopped down next to an older Gryffindor boy that looked to be about two years older than you, although he was rather handsome.

     You waited a while before you saw your new friend, Jimin, step up to the stool. You smiled brightly at him in reassurance and he smiled back. He sat down on the stool and McGonagall lowered the hat on to his head. But before the hat even brushed his hair it called,

     "Slytherin!" You and Jimin both frowned. You were mildly disappointed that you and your friend weren't in the same house but it didn't keep you from wanting to be his friend.

-

     As the years went on you and Jimin had become the closest of friends, you told each other everything too. Jimin knew you better than you knew yourself, and vice versa. You also befriended quite a lot of other people, seeing as your older sister was very popular. You met Hoseok through her and you both became rather close as well. Plus you became friends with Bill Weasley, a Gryffindor boy in your year, as well as Seokjin Kim and Jungkook Jeon.

     But of course, being a Gryffindor and best friends with a Slytherin earned you a lot of bullies and odd looks. But you didn't mind. Either way, Jimin wasn't like the stereotypical Slytherin. He had the attributes of a Slytherin, yes, but he wasn't cold and hard like most other Slytherins were. And either way you didn't discriminate against Slytherins, they were all people too, and your parents always taught you to treat others the way you wanted to be treated.

     You always stuck up for Jimin since he was bullied by his own housemates since he wasn't "Slytherin enough" for their standards. Jimin and you both pulled pranks on the teachers together as well. One time you infested Snape's storage room with pixies. And another time you poured a love potion onto Fang's food and the dog was infatuated with the pumpkins outside of Hagrid's hut for a week. And the two of you helped each other study since Jimin struggled in subjects that you excelled in and vice versa, plus a lot of your classes were merged with Slytherin this year. Jimin always begged for help with Defens Against the Dark Arts, Care For Magical Creatures, and Transfiguration. While he tutored you in Charms, Potions, and Divination.

     The two of you were inseparable. Everyone knew it too. The professors, the other students, even the creatures in the Forbidden Forest knew.

End Of Flashback

     As you came back to reality you were still up in the clouds with Jimin. You heard his steady breathing and you smiled as you lifted your head from his shoulder and stretched your arms over your head.

     "As much as I'd like to stay up here, my back is starting to feel sore and I have divination soon. Jimin pouted but nodded.

     "Fine." He yawned and gripped the end of his broom, "I'll race you down."

     "Oh you are so on." You smirked and Jimin grinned at you. The both of you sped back down through the clouds. Now it had been raining but that didn't stop you. You both flew straight down to the ground and Jimin was just barely ahead. When you reached the ground you skidded to a stop on your brooms, and Jimin barely beat you. He chuckled at you and you rolled your eyes.

     Later in the afternoon you had a free period, but both Jimin and Hoseok had class so you were sitting out in the courtyard studying Herbology, since you were struggling majorly in that class. Eventually you got bored of the book so you closed it and sighed glancing around the courtyard. You spotted two boys, both sporting red and gold ties and a white button up. One boy had broader shoulders and the other was very muscular. You smiled, immediately recognizing two of your housemates that you hung out with when Jimin and Hoseok were busy.

     "Seokjin, Jungkook! Hey!" You called out to the two boys, standing and walking over to them.

     "Oh, hey, Y/N." Jungkook said. Jungkook's hair was disheveled and his tie was very loose around his neck. His button up was unbuttoned at the top and the sleeves were rolled up. Jungkook's appearance contrasted majorly to Seokjin's. His hair was neatly styled, pushed up to show off his forehead. Seokjin's tie was perfectly around his neck and his sleeves were rolled all the way down.

     "Did you get into a fight, Jungkook?" You teased, Jungkook rolled his eyes at you.

     "With Hagrid's Hipogriff, yes." Seokjin answered for him. You chuckled.

     "Man, you really need to stop getting attacked by birds." You chuckled.

     "Hey! That was one time! And it's not my fault, that owl had it out for me!" He responded. You and Seokjin bursted out into laughter, and Jungkook couldn't hold back his own amusement either. You all sighed in unison after your outburst.

     "Oh, hey Jungkook, are you excited for quidditch season this year?" You asked. Jungkook quickly nodded.

     "Of course I am! I'm so ready!" He started jumping excitedly, and you chuckled.

     "Cute," You mumbled under your breath. Jungkook didn't hear you but Seokjin made a face at you, so you could tell he heard. He brushed it off though.

     "When's your guys' first quidditch game?" Seokjin asked.

     "In two weeks," You replied, "And it's against Slytherin too!"

     "Oh so that means you guys will be against Jimin then?" Seokjin asked, you and Jungkook both nodded.

     "Yeah," Jungkook said, "But Y/N won't let Jimin score a single goal! Plus our new seeker has very promising skills compared to Slytherin's seeker!"

     "Charlie right? Bill Weasley's younger brother?" Seokjin asked.

     "Mhm, Charlie's only a third year, but he's really good, he must've been practicing over the summer," You began, "Plus our team captain, Angelica, had a crush on Bill so that might've been another reason as to why he got on the team."

     Jungkook made a face at the mention of Angelica's crush, since he's been head over heels for her since he watched his first quidditch game at Hogwarts, even though she's graduating this year. You and Seokjin both chuckled at him. And he smacked both of your shoulders.

     "Shut it, losers." Jungkook grumbled, which made you laugh even more.

-

     A few weeks later it was the day of your first quidditch game of the year. Everyone was hyped up, even Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, due to the longterm rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin. But you were even more excited, your team consisted of some of the best quidditch players in Hogwarts. Angelina Johnson is the best chaser in the whole school, Charlie is probably one of the best seekers this year, and Jungkook was an amazing beater, plus you weren't so bad as a keeper either.

     You and Jungkook were standing behind Angelica and Charlie, who were standing with their brooms in hand right behind the doorway that magically opened. You and your teammates mounted your brooms as Madam Hooch went on her whole spiel about having a "nice, clean game." Soon after, she threw the quaffle up in the air and the bludgers were released as you all kicked off the ground and flew up in the air, zooming towards your positions.

     "The golden snitch has been released," The announcer said into the speaker, Charlie and Slytherin's seeker flew off to find it. You saw Angelica intercept the quaffle when a Slytherin tried to pass it to Jimin. She sped towards the goal posts, then passed it to another Gryffindor chaser, Alicia, who shot their first goal. The Gryffindor stands roared with cheers and you and Jungkook gave each other a quick high five when he flew by.

     A while later, the game was neck and neck, each team only needed ten more points to win. Jimin was flying straight towards your goal posts, the quaffle tucked under his arm. You prepared yourself to block him from scoring. When a bludger was sent flying straight towards him, the other Gryffindor beater had done it purposefully too, as you saw them smirking. Your eyes widened, their aim was perfect and it was about to hit him right in the side.

     "Jimin look out!" You shouted, pointing at the bludger. He glanced in the direction of the bludger and his eyes widened as it was a mere foot from his face.

     Then another beater's stick quickly hit it away from Jimin, shooting it out of the quidditch pitch. You assumed it was a Slytherin beater but it was Jungkook. The other Gryffindor beater glared at Jungkook, he smirked back at him as the other beater didn't notice that the bludger was coming right back at him and knocked him off his broom and he fell down to the bottom of the pitch.

     While you were distracted, paying attention to the two beaters. Jimin took the opportunity to throw the quaffle right at one of the hoops that you weren't guarding. Your eyes widened as you noticed the quaffle was so close to going through the hoop. You flew to try and block it. Then, as the quaffle was about a foot away from the hoop, the announcer shouted into the speakers,

     "Charlie Weasley has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins!" Then the quaffle went through the hoop. The Gryffindor stands shook and roared with cheers and excitement. You looked across the field to see Charlie holding up his arm, the snitch in hand. You saw how proud he was in himself and you smiled at him. Your whole team flew over to him. You and your teammates patted his back and shoulders, ruffling up his hair, giving him high fives and fist bumps. You heard booing from the Slytherin stands. And you saw Jimin frowning at himself in disappointment. You frowned at him then flew over to him,

     "Hey," You said as you patted his shoulder, "Good game."

     "You too," Jimin said, perking up a bit, smiling at you, "You did pretty great at blocking my shots."

     You both chuckled and gave each other a quick hug.

♤♧♤♧♤

Hello!

I know Lost At Sea was meant to be updated today but this chapter was ready and the one for Lost At Sea wasn't soooo.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 10.6K 108
Park Jimin is a known student in the wizarding world born with living snake tattoos on his body. A talented Slytherin, friendly yet intimidating - ju...
2.7K 251 44
Status- Completed *Based on true incidents that happened throughout BTS' journey* " Was he really clueless? Or did he outsmart their fate?" A BTS x...
1.9K 104 50
Kim Taehyung, a sassy, handsome but rather problematic student arrives at Hogwarts as the last hope for him since he had been expelled from many othe...
29.2K 1.5K 40
Jimin extends his hand to you, the lights of the greenhouse illuminating his evil smirk. "Do you trust me?" You look into his eyes for a few moments...