𝔽𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖 | ☆ | 𝔸 ℍ𝕒𝕫𝕓𝕚...

By twostard

When you first arrive in hell you'd expect there to be fire and screaming right? Torture at every corner and... More

[ 𝟘 ]

{ 𝟙 }

96 4 10
By twostard

~ Alice Fable ~

    When you first arrive in hell you'd expect there to be fire and screaming right? Torture at every corner and your own skin practically peeling off? Well, that's not the case, that's just a lie, a story. Hell is so much worse.

02/04/2004
20:13

    It began with a drink, I remember that part. I was out with Lee in some bar downtown where the barkeepers were in a hustle and the drinkers were in a glossed over daze. There wasn't a dreamer insight as far as the bar could reach. Even the singer on stage looked extremely uptight and maybe even aggravated no one was paying attention to her. Lee was swinging and swaying with a drink in hand and the bartender already preparing her next. She was a lightweight, although not as much compared to me. All it took this chick was a shot or two of tequila. In this case, a tequila sunrise but without the sunrise.

    Lee did not falter. With her heart-shaped sunglasses that had orange lenses and large white feather earrings, I couldn't blame her. Even the dejection in this bar could not keep her down, not while she was drunk anyway. She wore black overalls over a white and black striped long-sleeved shirt that managed to match her long disheveled black hair and quite pale skin. She had small eyes and a curved nose. Lee always said that her mother, before she joined me in the orphanage, always hated her curved nose and couldn't wait til' she was old enough to change it. I use to wonder if that's why she wore glasses. As a way to hide them, distract viewers. But I think she just likes glasses even when she doesn't need them. She was giggling loudly and unapologetically. At what, I have no clue. Probably at the intoxication bubbling in her brain. She had this sense of ebullience, clear as day in her eyes. Past the dramatic sunglasses and the glaring night sky, it was easier to see than storm clouds on a supposedly clear day. I was a dull pen compared to her, with little to no ink left. I wore practically what I wore everyday. Blue mom-like jeans and a large sweater that didn't fit me or really any of the men in this room. It would slide off my shoulder slightly every once in a while, and it was starting to bother me.

    Lee was fresh with confidence as soon as we stepped into the bar. But I was left feeling drained and out of place. I didn't wanna drive downtown let alone hang out at some isolated pub, that if it wasn't sandwiched between two other buildings, would be in the middle of a forest. There was a deep forest from behind the buildings on the one street we were hanging out on. It was presumably haunted, with many uncanny fables being awarded the front page of the newspapers. The only reason I read the papers. was because I worked on them. Editing the pages took a lot less work than I thought it would. But that was most likely because I was more prepared to do actual writing, than reading. They were a joke, the stories. That didn't mean I felt comfortable, being in some sketchy bar in front of a probably still very deadly forest.

    The fact that we were practically the only woman in said bar, didn't help my worry. We were the only ones, besides the waitresses and the impatient singer. Who had been disconnected from the microphone a long while ago, but still managed to voice her opinion across the room. Apart from them, were several older white men. The guys that inhabited the bar were aged and greasy from working in factories and working in fields. Each had a different kind of drink besides them but were probably still in the heavy alcoholic category. There was beer, whiskey, even some rum in a bottle. It smelled awful. Lee was unfazed and still giggling at nothing. She leaned over my shoulder with one arm around me and leaned in close enough for me to smell the bile in her stomach.

    "Allie, Alice," She started with her mouth still hanging open uncomfortably. I held my lips into a tight line, raising a dark eyebrow at her. "Allie listen" she giggled uncontrollably, "I think I've gotta pee" Lee busted into laughter at her own comment, spilling some of her drink and consuming even more of it. I grimaced at the sight of my over-intoxicated friend and wondered just exactly how I would get her out of here.

    It was just as the bartender was about to pass Lee her final drink that a group of tough necked men walked in. They held their chests out like trophies, ones that were getting uncomfortable to hold. They had bricks for arms and gold for faces. They were the kinds of guys you find in fairytales and other types of fantastical fantasies. You'd expect them to give you a true loves kiss. Some girls might even consider more. Lee and I were not those kinds of girls. Lee would've laughed in their face if they tried to talk to us. Which she did, as soon as the lead in front opened his mouth. We were the only girls here on a Tuesday afternoon between nine and eleven o'clock. Their presence was anticipated but never called for. Our gazes lifted at the same time, to reach his as soon as he spoke.

    "Names Luke, Luke Conan," he introduced himself so proudly like it was impossible for us to not know who he was. "Can I buy you gals a drink?" His eyes were glazed over like honey on a chocolate donut. But he was anything but sweet. Those eyes read evil and those lips were wicked. You could tell by how he smirked with such ease as if he and his buddies had been doing this to women all day, drinking them up til' they were toxic and wasted. It was fucking vile. I couldn't wait to leave. Lee was sober enough to realize now would be a good time to do just that.

    "Thanks for the offer fellows, and despite your pretty eyes, I think we best be off. Good day" Lee tilted her imaginary hat then stood with anything but ease. She smiled none the less with a slur in her line of sight, before grabbing my palm and staggering towards the door. I felt kind of bad for her, but I also couldn't help but laugh at the way she walked like a monkey in heels.

    "Oh come on baby," I was forced to pause as Luke's palm laid over my wrist. "leaving me so soon?" His hands were cuffs that burnt into my hands like melting iron. His buddies smiled similar wicked smiles that bounced off the walls like bullies laughter. I remember looking back into his eyes and I remember seeing myself in them. I was terrified by how horrifyingly deep they were.

    "Hey now come on boys, let her go" Lee gently snapped as she let go of my hand. Luke's grip persisted against my small wrists. He didn't listen to her, and kept on with his bruising. Lee grew with livid energy, and her hands formed tight fists. She was prepared to fight. That was easy to gather as she stood tall. She was practically a tree, being held up by her pair of rocks for hands. "Let her go" she repeated when he didn't move the first couple seconds.

    Lee, like every human, would get angry. But there was a few times where that anger of hers, spiraled. Just a few times. It showed me just how easy things could spin out of control. Just because of a few pestering emotions.

    "We don't mean any trouble," I pleaded with eyes that read fear clearer than my skin grew pale. I was quiet, and I'm sure he didn't even hear me. I pulled from his grasp, literally grasping at straws as I searched the counter for something to get him off of me. He was to close, he was holding me and I was scared. I was scared, I remember that.

    "Or what? You gonna do something? Huh? Slut?" He responded with a threatening scowl. Lee dropped the act that was her wasted game and threw the first punch straight into his jaw. His friends straightened up and persuaded backward a slight step, as if walking away from a wild animal. He was a beast and showed it so well, even his friends who were supposed to trust him, saw it. He felt the pain, but barely took a second to process it and instead finally let go of me. Only to push my friend back into a clutter of chairs and tables. She glowered at the muscular man in front of her. His toxicity was sickening and the way he looked down at my friend as if she was nothing angered me.

    No, it did more than that. It nearly shattered me, breaking away at pieces of glass that were holding me back. Lee was hurt and distraught. She knew I could see it but would not let that phase her. Lee was trying to protect me and she did, only to cause herself more pain. I refused to let her experience any fear under his piercing stare. I was more than angry, I was fucking enraged.

    I remember hitting him square in the jaw with a bottle. It was in the barkeep's hand originally and still smelled of whiskey even after Luke started bleeding. I remember cursing his name before picking my good friend up by her both her hands. She was chipper as could be, seeing as her usually timid friend got a chance to stand up for herself. But that once confident persona didn't last long as their attacker roared.

    "You stupid cunts! Fuck you! I'll kill you!" Luke was not happy and followed us as we ran from him and his goons out the bar, without paying if I do recall. "Get back here you twats!" He screeched as if in agony. I don't remember looking back or up or down or anywhere except forward. I could hear my panting, Lee's, and even the gang behind us as they were popping off one by one to breathe oxygen back into their lungs.

    We didn't have a chance, Me and Lee. At least I didn't, because I had to make sure she did. She was the one who attempted to protect me in the first place. If anyone deserved to not get beaten to a pulp, it was her. So I shoved Lee into a separate alley from the one we were running into. I watched as betrayal soothed her face like bittersweet candy. She hid under shadows and panted quietly. I noticed her concerned face drift farther and farther away. I don't remember how flushed she was but I'm sure she was very. I'm just glad she survived that night. She deserved it.

    I ran as quickly as my small legs could take me and wondered if I should have stopped sooner. My chest felt tight and lungs were falling into themselves. My heart was everywhere and my throat burned from the cold air, not being used to the smooth forest crisp. The moon illuminated the trees and myself so well I could see my shadow. I followed it with my cedar eyes, as it fell over Luke who was getting closer and closer. He had a stick now, one that was thick like a bat and dark like one too. He had probably found it on his way over here. I tried searching the surrounding ground beneath me but found that anything of value was nonexistent. I remained trapped between a rocky cliff, a crispy forest, and a hollow gaze. His face was now flushed and chest was heaving with much-needed air. I was getting impatient with him just standing there, out in the open with a makeshift bat in hand.

    "I'm sorry" I pleaded but immediately regretted it. I didn't take it back, but I really wanted to. Why was I the one saying sorry to the man about to murder me, for saying no to a drink? "Please, leave me alone" Because I was desperate.

    "Not happenin' sweetheart" He parted his lips and showed his teeth for all to see. They were gross and his grin didn't help.

    He was tired, he was alone. Maybe I could escape, call for help, yell, shout! Sing! I wanted to sing so bad but my throat was sore and hurt so horribly. Cry! Please god, help me now! Bliss, bliss, think of bliss. Think of cheer! Please god. My legs are weak, I needed to run. I needed to flee! I was a rabbit, I had been wronged because he was a wolf and I was trapped. I had been wronged.

    "See you in hell, baby" He swung the chunk of wood right into my head and down I fell like a tree in silence. I could barely process the last thing I saw before I died.

    I remember seeing a red deer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
254K 8.2K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
203K 13.5K 19
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
86K 4.8K 34
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...