Why Him? (Draco Malfoy Story)

By Rey_Frost462

My name is Davina Lilith Potter, I'm Harry Potter's little sister. And as if learning about this new life wh... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
News! News! News!
Its up!

Thirty-One

12.9K 288 82
By Rey_Frost462

I was getting ready for the party. Hermione was also, along with Ginny. Alice was helping Ginny out doing her hair and applying a bit of make-up. Alice wasn't part of the Slug Club but she didn't mind, thankfully she was the friend I was going bring, so basically my date. I want to take Draco but we haven't talk in a while since that night but that doesn't mean we haven't kept away, it was mostly silent though. Ginny had left soon after to find Dean since she was going with him. So we were alone in our dorm, just Alice and me. 

"You alright?" Alice ask me.

"You haven't told... Ginny and Hermione have you?" I ask her.

"No." she said. "But then again you said nothing was happening. And I completely disagree with you because obviously something is happening. And agree with you that something's go on with him, he looks dreadful. But I haven't told. Why does your brother know yet?"

"He's already accusing Draco of things, I don't want him to get into anymore trouble. Either of them. They hate each other. Can't even call each other by their first name. Draco doesn't reference Harry as my brother, just Potter."

"Well how do you expect this to go on? Eventually they will have to sort things out. Pray it might not go badly. What if they make you choose?"

"I dont think that's possible."

"Davina." Alice came over and sat in front of me while taking both my hands. "Right now Im going to be brutally honest because one day Harry will find out about you two. I just think you brace yourself when it does come because Harry not going to like it one bit."

"You're right."

"In the mean time, I say work things out between you two.  While your brother is oblivious. You might be what Malfoy needs right now.

"So everyone who knows about us say."

"Then listen. Are you finish getting dress?"

"Have to admit. I was surprised Simon let me take you away for the night." I said putting on my mother's locket on.

"He and I got into an argument." she said from the bathroom. "Does it count as cheating when you look at another girl passing by when he's clearly standing in front of you."

"Not sure." I said. "But he shouldn't be doing that."

"My thoughts exactly. It's like he's looking everywhere but me." She came out and threw her other clothes on her bed. "Have I done something wrong?"

"Boys are boys. Sometimes they don't take into account about us."

"Except people like Neville. Hes a sweethesrt." She gestured at me. "Look, I am on your side whatever you choose but I have to know. Why waste your time with Draco? What if he breaks your heart again?"

I look down and sat on her bed. "That night I told you when I talk to him again. He told me not to leave him." Alice look at me. "He sounded scared, worried, he was holding me like he might not ever seen me again. He said he was sorry and I got that feeling agajna the ones I always get when Im around him last year. It was like we made a promise, and I dont think I can leave him alone like that. Maybe I'm over thinking it."

"Just promise me that if he does hurt you, does anything bad to you. I get to be the first one to hex him."

"We're not dating."

"No you're spending quality time with a boy, who happens to be the same boy you dated last year. Who told to not ever leave him alone. Not to mention who probably curse Patrick."

"Cursed?"

"Two weeks ago, about three days after the night you told me about. Someone told me that Patrick has been throwing up slugs. Not to mention, gave him a nasty dog tail. It was hilarious but no one knew who. I'm guessing we solved that mystery."

Draco... did that?

After I waited for Alice, we got up and headed over to Slughorns part. Before we even got there we saw Ginny and Dean fighting again. Alice and I look at each other as Dean stormed off. Ginny look angry and sad

"Ginny?"

She look at us and gave us a small smile. "How much did you hear?"

"Well mostly watch actually." Alice said walking over to her.

I look down a hall and saw Draco sitting there, behind a pillar alone. Lost in thought.

"You two go head." I told them. "Alice can be your plus one tonight."

"You sure?" Ginny asked.

"You need her more than I do."

The two took off, after Alice notice who I was looking at.

"See you inside." Alice told me while giving me a small smile.

Once they were gone from sight I slowly walk over to him and when I was just a fee feet away Draco's eyes look up then rested on me.

"Hi."

"Hi." He said leaning his head back against the wall. "You look beautiful."

I went over to sit across from him. "We both know, that's not true."

"Why do you doubt yourself so much?"

"Mostly because most guys want to be with me because my brother is Harry Potter. The chosen one." There was a small and soft scoff that escape his lips. "I'm nothing compare to other girls. Luke the girls from Beaubaton or other around here. My name gives me what I am. Otherwise no one would notice me."

"That's not true." He said sitting up. "Davina I notice you. Have since we first met."

"That's because I scolded at you. You were being rude."

There was a small smile on his gave one that was rare.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Fine." he look at his hands.

"Alright." I got up and notice he was doing the same thing.

"Thought you said you weren't going."

"I wasn't. But my friends and my brother drag me into it. I brought Alice, but I guess she's now Ginny's plus one... so I'm alone."

"What about Potter?"

We both began walking down the hall together, with a small space between us.

"He's bring Luna. She's a sweet girl and a good friend."

He only nodded.

"I should get going." I said stopping once we reach back where I had seen him. I took a step back to walk to Slughorn's party, but he grabbed my wrist slowly pulling me back to stand in front of him. I gave him a questioning look before he step behind me and raised his hands, holding something. I look forward until I saw what he was hands were placing around my neck. It was the pedant I'd given back to him. My hands went to touch the familiar jem as I turned around and look at him.

"Promise me you won't take it off." He ask taking my hand in his.

"I won't." We were standing close. "Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Alice told me how Patrick was cursed puking slugs and then suddenly he grew a tail. You wouldn't happen to know about that would you?"

I saw a small smile crept onto his lips. "Possibly." His eyes never took of from our link hands. But then they finally look into mine. "He had it coming frankly."

He reach hisnither hand up to brush a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"As much as I agree, you have any idea what would've happen if the teachers found out?" I told him while my heart began picking up its pace like it was did.

"But they haven't." He leaned down and place a small gentle kiss on my forehead.

I shut my eyes and melted into his touch while my free hand reach up and held his that was holding the side of my head.

"I miss this." He whispered.

I felt him pulling me closer and place his forehead against mine.

"We should get going." I whispered not really wanting to break this but we had to.

"I know." I reopened my eyes to see his looking into mine. "Go enjoy yourself, I'll see you soon."

He slowly pulled away then he left. I stood there for a few moments now feeling cold. I watch as he turned down another hall and I cross my arms to hug myself. A moment pass I collect myself before walking to the party.

There was bright lights, people talking, music playing in the background. When I walked in the first thing I notice was Harry talking to Slughorn.

"Ah, Davina my dear." Slughorn summoned me over. I walk over seeing Alice and Ginny looking at me from the other side of the room when Slughorn said my name.

"Good evening, Professor."

"Good evening my dear, Philp." he called to the man who was taking pictures. "Take one of us, if you please."

I glanced at Harry as Slughorn placed me on the other side of my brother and he standing on the other. Course Harry was the prized jewel he wanted to hold pride in, afterall he was the Boy Who Lived. Once the picture was taken. One of the older guest that Slughorn invited walk over to us. We were bombarded with questions and explanations, mostly them talking how proud they were of their lives. Harry and I nodded and commented back politely. Once we were able to breathe, I gave Harry a reassuring smile and walk over to Ginny and Alice.

"Must be nice being a celebrity." Alice said teasingly.

"Is it me or do the adults treat me as some prize like my brother?"

"Probably." Alice said. "My parents were asking me boundful questioned when I mention I've befriend you, Davina. It's like mum fawning over Lockhart."

"I really don't see what everyone else does in Lockheart." I told Alice while taking a sip from my drink. "Not to mention he did a spell that made my brother's bone disappear."

"Let's not forget to mention him getting shown off by Snape." Ginny said as we all laughed and enjoyed the party. Even though some of the older guest came in to talk to me, we were polite and having fun. 

"Evening ladies." the three of us turned to see Simon standing behind Alice. 

"Simon? how did you get in?"

He gestured to himself as we all notice he was in the same attire Neville was in while holding a tray full of drinks. 

"Slughorn needed help I figured I would help out."

Alice wasn't looking at him. "Alice?"

"Alice, I'm sorry."

She finally look at him and then smiled a bit. "You're forgiven."

"Here" he held out his tray towards us. "I have to get back to work now."

We each took one drink as Simon gave us one last smile before going back into the crowd. and the three of us were joined by a women who knew Alice, apparently she work in the same department as her mother. 

we all listened to her talk when suddenly i felt the world spinning. This was new. I causally set my drink down and look at the girls.

"I'll be right back. Excuse me," I said walking away. 

They gave me an okay before I walk out of the party and into the hallway. I went over to a balcony that was further down the hall. I walk out into the cold and felt myself taking deeper breaths. I felt more relax but then the feeling came rushing back. I reach out to grab the ledge or the door before I completely lost grip and felt my body collapsing into the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco

"I swore to protect you." Snape said to me as I push him off of me. I was gatecrashing the party after working on the vanishing cabinet before getting caught by Flitch. We walk down the hall while he was still trailing me. "You can lie to everyone Draco but I can see the truth."

We were now in a different hallway away from any prying ears.

"Let me help you, that's all your mother ask--"

"I don't need help." I hissed at him

"No?" he look down at me.

I was about to look away when I notice someone pass out on the balcony. I wasn't going to walk over since Snape already headed that way once he saw what I was looking at, but I did. My heart drop when I saw her on the ground.

"Davina." I push through Snape and got on my knees carefully lifting her head to place on my lap.

Snape kneeled down and pulled out his wand, chanting some nonsense spell.

"She's been put to sleep." I look at him as he was beginning to get up. "

I grabbed Professor Snape's arm and glared coldy at him not caring at all that he was my professor or head of house.

"If you want to help me, then help me make sure she stays safe. Help me protect her."

"I see..." Snape look at her then back at me. "It would be unfortunate if the Dark Lord finds out about your realtionship with Miss. Potter."

My body was filled with anger. "Is that a threat?"

"A word of caution. I suggest you heed it." He look at me and then went back to healing her. "Someone put a sleeping draught with poison. If I were you Draco, I would be careful on who I trust to know about your feelings towards her."

"If she dies." knowing full well he wasn't really going to help. "I'll have nothing to live for. She is the only soul reason I'm going through all of this. I would gladly stop the dark lords bidding and die with her.... Wonder how my mother would react to you bending the rules of the vow."

Snape look at me once more before turning his attention and helping me save Davina.

"Interesting." he lifted the necklace up. "Something is keeping her alive, when she should've been long dead." he glance at Draco. "Your doing I presume."

"Yes."

He did took out vials from pocket and began mixing and doing several spells.

"Lift her head." 

I did as he told so he would let her drink the potion. We waited and I watch as the color came back to her.

"She'll be fine, I suggest you take her to the hospital wing." he stood up and turned to leave.

"Swear to me." I said stopping him in his tracks. "Swear to me that you'll never tell the dark lord or a soul about this. And you'll help me protect her once everything is in place."

Snape look at Davina before looking back at me.

"You have my word."

~~~~~~~~

Davina

"Davina." I heard while someone shaking me awake. "Wake up please." the voice said. "Please, please don't leave me. I can't lose you."

I opened my eyes and heard that person let out a sigh of relief before I could see who it was, they had buried their face into my neck. I relax a bit until I saw pale hair and a black suit.

"Draco?"

He lifted his head and help me sit up from where i was laying on the ground floor.

"Bloody hell... you scared the life out of me." He said grabbing both side of my sides of my head. 

"How long was I...?"

"Not long, I saw you when I was walking down the hall. You weren't at the party..."

"What?" I said holding onto his wrist, they were the only thing supporting me at the moment since everything still felt like it was spinning. "What party?"

"Slughorn's christmas party." he said looking into my eyes.

"Oh. Wait when were you are the party?" my thoughts were jumbled and mushed. I couldn't think straight.

"I wasn't. Filch caught me and I told him I was invited. Slughorn denied the accusation, though I hoped you'd get me out of that predicament but you weren't there. Snape escorted me out I walk away and found you here."

"There was something in my drink." I said getting a better picture. "Can't remember what."

"Don't think about. Come on." He removed his jacket and placed it over my shoulders. "Let's get you back inside."

I place my arms through the sleeves while Draco came back in front of me to take my hands. 

"Can you stand?"

"I think." 

He help me stand but once I was up all the way, I felt my knees giving a bit. Luckily Draco caught me. 

"Here."

He place one of my arms around his neck before squatting down a bit and placing his arms underneath me so he would be able to pick me up. I place my head on his shoulder. He carried me inside then headed towards the hospital wing. Madame Pomfrey came over as Draco set me down on a bed. He didn't leave my side as she check up on me, taking my pulse, my temperature, before leaving to make a quick warming potion. She told me that I must've consumed a small sleeping potion and that I was fine just a bit drowsy. 

"Thank you." I said to Draco as his eyes met mine. 

He gave me a small smile as took my hand and kiss it. "Your welcome."

Madame Pomfrey came back and I took the potion to feel like myself again. She then said I was able to go and that I should get some sleep. Draco then walk me to the common room, watching my every move incase I was going to collaspe.

When we reach the staircase, the fat lady was asleep and so were the rest of the portraits, so I turned to look at him.

"Thank you, again."

"You never have to thank me, darling."

My heart stop for a moment. He hasn't called me that since last year. It's always been Davina.

"Sleep well." He said then kiss my cheek. He walk back for a bit as I was left speechless for a moment, he turned around but then  I step towards him.

 "Draco." he turned back and look at me. "Um... your jacket." i said taking it off me.

He came back as I handed it to him. We just look at each other before I gathered the courage and  lean up to place a small kiss on his cheek. 

"Thank you, again."

He smiled a bit before I turned around to walk up the stairs. 

"Princess." I froze on the steps halfway then look behind me and saw he didn't move from where he was standing. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas Draco."

~~~~~~~~~

We were at the burrow for christmas. The train back was amazing, mostly because I had the compartment to myself while Simon and Alice had gone elsewhere and Ginny was with Dean. And Hermione wanted to avoid Ron and Lavender. Yes it was lonely but I had no choice, that and Harry was going on about Draco and how Snape was helping him.

As much as I believe my brother, I knew it was possible what Harry was saying was true. I wasn't an idiot because Draco told me once he would do things to help his family. But if it was true it meant that... 

"You alright dear?" Molly ask.

I was with her in the kitchen trying to ease my mind and relax.

"Fine, Mrs. Wealsey."

Molly attention was quickly taken as she was telling Fred and George to stop eating and to clean the mess on the table, or something along those lines. Remus, Tonks, Mr. Weasley were with Harry talking about what I assume was that Snape was helping Draco. I tuned out as they left Harry, Ginny had walk over to sit next to Harry then give him a pastry. I turned around. No matter how many times she won't tell me, she still has feelings for Harry. And Harry really did care for her, whether he admit to or not.

"Alright everyone dinner is ready." Molly said once we were finally finished. I went over and sat next to Ginny.

"I saw that." I spoke to her as everyone talk.

"What?"

I smiled and glanced at her. "You know what, Ginny."

I glanced over at my brother who was in the middle of the table looking at Ginny then me. Soon and eventually, once we make it through this war, Harry would settle down and his love life would be first and his family. 

I look at my plate and rethought everything between Draco and me. It was pointless, a tragic love story. Dumbledore was right. Voldemort would try and kill me to bring Harry closer. And with my death Harry would be stronger, not exactly and equal match but close enough to make it through. If Harry were going to die, I would die with him. I was a loose end that was just weighing him down.

After dinner everyone got ready for bed. Before I headed up to the room Ginny and I were sharing, I went to my godfather who hugged me and gave me a wrap present. 

"I help him out." Dora said making me smile. 

"Thank you." I told them both. 

"Go on, off to bed dear." 

I hugged remus as his arms came around me. "Night Remus."

I went to the room and sat down by the window then stroke Athena. I was writing in my journal about everything that was happening from Harry to Draco, to the link. Every thought that was going through my head.

I saw a glow outside the house from the window, and saw a circle of fire. I let Athena go, and rushed down to the living room. Then I froze halfway down the stairs when I saw her standing in front of me.

"Well well well, if it isn't little Potter." Bellatrix said with a viscous smile. "Oh how much you look like your mummy."

My hand slowly reach for my wand that was behind me. 

"Davina!" I heard Ron and Molly shout. 

She threw a curse at me as I blocked it and ran back into the room hearing her laughing. 

I shut the door and lock from letting her in. I quickly rush over to the window and opened it up. Before I could jump out the door slam open making me look back. 

"Where are you going half-blood?" she ask. 

she threw another spell at me but I block it and threw a spell at her which she dodge. 

"Gifted are you." she said. "Incendio." she lit the room on fire and took this moment.

I saw the vanish dust from the twin's shop on the bedside, thinking quick I took it throwing it to the ground. I went out the window and got ready to jump, something had hit my back left shoulder as I threw myself off and apparitating to the the ground. There was a strong painful burn that I felt once I landed to the ground, since I landed on top of it. I did my best to look and manage to see it was a deep cut on the back of my left shoulder. I heard glass breaking and saw the death eaters leaving. I tried not to scream in pain as I sat up and trying to hold in the pain.

"Davina!" I heard Harry shouting.

Someone apparated in front of me, i saw it was another death eater. I grabbed my wand pointed at him. "Reducto."

He apparated before the spell hit him. I was still on the ground and took deep breaths.

"Davina." I heard Harry's voice.

"Harry."

He was at my side and so was Remus, Tonks, Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, Mr and Mrs. Weasley.

"Hey, you're alright." Harry said looking panic.

"Fine."

"We need to heal her." Tonks said.

"Come on." Molly said as Remus pick me up and carried me to their small garage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning I was fine, nothing left but a scar. The cut was a bit deep but Molly and Tonks were able to help bandage it up enough to last until I got back to school. They believe taking me to the hospital would make me an easy target for Harry and me, so I was left to get it check out by Madame Pomfrey when we get back. 

Now that the holidays are over we were heading back to school. Everyone couldn't leave my side, no one even dared to. When we got back to school Harry immediately took me to go see Madame Pomfrey. She check me out and disinfected the wound and patch me right up. Harry left to tell Dumbledore, which left me alone to walk to the common room.

I was walking down the halls, passing one of the aurors when I turned into the next hall and someone snatch me, covering their hand over my mouth to suppress any screams then drag me into a secret hallway behind a tapestry. Not to mention they were hurting my shoulder quite a bit, and it was hurting. They let me go and I was ready to snap when I saw it was Draco.

"You scared me." I said in a hush voice so we wouldn't be heard and using my right hand to smack his arm. "Don't you ever bloody do that again."

"Why were you with Madame Pomfrey?" He questioned ignoring what I said.

"I needed her to check something." I told him carefully rubbing my arm, feeling the pain.

He look at my movement and then look back at me. "What happened?"

I shook my head taking a step back. He grabbed my left arm and pulled me forward as I let out a small whimper from my shoulder moving and the pain. His eyes widen and look at me. He placed both of his hand on either side of my face and leaned his forehead against mine.

"Princess... please tell me." he begged. "Please."

Our eyes lock onto each other and I saw the worry on his face, it wasn't fake. None of this was.

"We were attacked." I whispered. "Death eaters attack us at the burrow, Harry went to go fight and chased Bellatrix out to the small lake. Ginny along with Mr. Weasley went after him to protect him. It was a distraction. There were more death eaters, and... Bellatrix came for me. I block her curses but it wasn't enough. She cornered me and I had jump out the window to escape. She left but I got hit by one of her spells. It's nothing serious just it'll heal overtime."

He didn't say anything. Because by then, he did something I didn't think he would do.

He place his hands on either side of my face and kissed me. After a moment I kissed him back, my hands placing themselves on his chest while we both deepened the kiss. This wasn't rough or lustful kiss but it was the ones you've read about in books, the ones that said everything even the unspoken things. It made made me forget about everything and focused here and now. it was a kiss that last for a moment but felt like an eternity that you didn't want to pull away from.

"I love you." he said pulling away for a bit. "You have to know that." he kissed me again, this time with more passion and urgency. "I love you, Davina potter."

I place my hands around his neck, letting my fingers run through his hair, not caring about the pain that was coming from my shoulder.

"I love you too, Draco Malfoy." I whispered back to him, matching the same passion he was giving me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They're back together! I couldn't keep them apart for long and I was waiting for the right moment for them to kiss again. I really enjoyed writing this part, so I hope you enjoyed it. 

Also since it's the weekend I'll be updating more. And 3.4k reads and 119 votes?! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you guys and really hope you are enjoying this story. It's been a work in progress I've had it pre-drafted for months but wasn't sure if anyone was going to like it. So thank you all, it really does mean a lot. 

Till next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 104K 177
READ DESCRIPTION FIRST TO AVOID CONFUSION. -currently under revision, my grammar sucks- Joy Deveroux, the last descendant of the wealthy, pure-bloode...
11.5K 143 21
This story was previously named "The Things You Do To Me." And "The Blue Rose" - The Main antagonist in this story; Voldemort. When Voldemort recrui...
980 3 75
*** I HAVE REWRITTEN THIS STORY BECAUSE I DIDN'T FEEL COMFIDENT WITH HOW THE LAST ONE TURNED OUT *** Iris Lily Potter was the younger twin sister of...
443K 10K 48
UNDER MAJOR EDITING!! IN WHICH - the potter siblings drive draco crazy, both in different ways warning: i really hate this fic lol i'll try to fix it...