Why Him? (Draco Malfoy Story)

By Rey_Frost462

My name is Davina Lilith Potter, I'm Harry Potter's little sister. And as if learning about this new life wh... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
News! News! News!
Its up!

Thirty

11.8K 244 77
By Rey_Frost462

We were all in the Great Hall the following morning. Everyone was excited for the first Gryffindor versus Slytherin game. And always it was always the talk every game with both rival houses it was bound to be the game you cant miss. 

I was reading my book while sitting next to Hermione and Harry. Ron walk over, looking terrified, and while some of the other houses were calling Ron a loser just to get him more nervous. I glance up when I saw Crabbe and Goyle making fun of Ron.

I gently and slowly lifted my wand under the table. I notice then tossing a paper ball around. My eyes fell on one that a young slytherin was throwing at Goyle.

"Engorgio." I whispered.

The paper ball grew and smack into Goyle's head. I snickered as everyone around laughed at what they had witness.

"Nice one." Alice said.

"Davina lucky no one else saw that." Hermione said.

I placed my wand back where it was.

Ron sat down and look even more on edge.

"So how was it?" Ron asked.

"How was what?" Hermione asked.

"Your dinner party."

"Pretty boring actually." Hermione replied. "Though I think Harry enjoyed dessert."

Harry look at Hermione and Ron was probably thinking of something else.

"You know Slughorn's throw a christmas party before we leave for the holidays. And we're meant to bring someone." I changed the subject. "Though personally I find it a unsettling and might not attend."

"Come on Davina, we both have to go." Harry said.

"I suppose you're taking McCallin, he's part of the slug club too isn't he?" Ron look at Hermione.

"Actually I was going to ask you." Hermione said with a bit hurt in her voice. No one but Harry, Alice, and I notice it. Ginny had just walked over and sat by my brother.

"Oh." Ron said.

I smiled and went back to my book. Until someone wall up to Ron catching all our attention.

"Good luck today Ron." Lavender spoke. "I know you going to be brilliant."

I glanced at Ginny and we both shared the same concerned look.

She walk away and Ron look at us. "That's it after the match, McCallin can have my spot."

"Come on Ron."

"No, I can't do this. I thought I could but I change my mind."

"Fine suit yourself." My brother said handing him a goblet.

I look at him wondering if he was really going to let his best friend leave the team.

"Hello everyone." I look up and saw Luna sitting there with a lion head mask.

"You look amazing Luna." I told her with a smile.

"Thank you. Oh, you look dreadful Ron. is that why you put something in his cup." At that I look at the cup Ron had and then at my brother. "Is it a tonic?"

I saw my brother putting a vile into his pocket.

"Liquid Luck." Hermione said. "Don't drink it Ron."

Ron drank and I wanted to slap the bloody idiot out of him.

"You could be expelled for that."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Ow!"

I slap the back of his head.

"You're lucky you're my brother, otherwise I would've turn you in for being a cheat." I said to him.

Ron place the cup down and smiled. "Come on Harry we got a game to win." they high five each other and got up heading out of the great hall. Excited for the game.

"Idiots." Hermione said.

"Let's go and make sure they don't cause anymore trouble." I told her closing my book and grabbing my coat and scarf.

We walk out and I saw Draco sitting separately from his friends. He look dazed sort of out of it. Something was clearly on his mind and he look as worse if not a bit worse when I last saw him.

"Davina." Hermione said snapping me out of my thoughts.

I realized I was just standing in the entrance of the Great Hall, debating whether or not to go to him. Alice place a hand on my arm as I turned around, but not before catching Draco looking at me just as I left

The three of us went to the Quidditch pitch. We sat down alone, the threw of us, until Luna, Seamus, Dean, and Neville joined as well and we all waited for the game to start.

The teams came out and again, and to my surpirse Draco wasn't seeker. He wasnt even present anywhere. No else was bothered by this, actually some were cruel and said he'd probably chickened out, others said they hoping he would come back. But mostly no one cared.

The game started and Ron was amazing. The game ended with Harry caught the snitch and Ron had block most of Slytherins attempt to score. He was quick and agile. Everyone was cheering Ron on. Except Cormac, who I assumed was still bitter that he hadn't gotten for keeper. But that still didn't stop him from eyeing Hermione most of the time.

When the game ended. Everyone went back to the common room, actually a few other people from different houses joined as a big party was thrown to congratulate the team. Mostly Ron for being amazing. I had grabbed my journal, some assignments and walk out of the common room as everyone was celebrating.

Parties weren't really my thing. So instead I wander around a bit until I went to a grand staircase that leaded to the astronomy tower. It was one out of two stairs, that and no one used this entrance often. I sat myself down by a window working while hearing the music and celebration still going around. Looking out I saw everyone dancing and just having fun, one of them being my brother.

"Well it is as if fate destined for this moment. You look absolutely ravishing tonight Davina."

I didn't look up to meet his eyes. I should probably mention that he was a Slytherin sixth year and was known to never stayed with one girl for more than a half a month.

"Leave Patrick I'm not in the mood."

"Come on Davina let's not get to hasty, the night just only begun." He said as he sat down beside me.

"I suggest you leave, otherwise you'll find yourself waking up with a sudden urge to puke out slugs."

"Everyone mention you were a bit touchy." he said placing on hand on my shoulder.

"Touchy?" I shoved his hand away then stood up and put as much space between me and him as possible. "Actually unlike other girls I'm not willing to become another one of your flings. Now leave."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out like that." He stood up and was standing in front of me so I wouldnt escape by going downstairs.

"Oh I think you did."

"Forgive me."

He grabbed my arm and turned us so I was against the railing. He placed both his hands on either of me caging me against the railing. I tried to keep some distance but I was pressed against the rails. It was try pushing him off, or most likely fall to my death.

I look at Patrick as he suddenly leaned down and kiss me. My eyes widen as I hit his chest and tried to move him away from me but there was no luck. I lifted my knee and kick him between his legs, making his groan and I push him back.

"Well everyone right you do have that spunk."

"You're drunk." I hated the kiss but there was a strong taste of alcohol. But he wasn't drunk because he knew what he was saying and what he was doing, that was clear. I got my things but he grabbed my journal and started going up stairs.

"Patrick handed it back."

"Come and get it love." As he went upstairs.

I groaned and followed him, pulling my wand out. He kept going until we were inside the astromeny room and he was leaning against a pillar.

"I'll make you a deal." he said pushing himself up. "One date, and I'll give it back."

"Go to hell." I said.

"Come on, just one date. I'll make it worth your wild." he took a few steps back then turned around.

"Not going to happen now will you please give my journal back?"

"After you agree."

"No."

"Then no."

Just as I was about to send a spell stunning him, something else hit Patrick which sent him flying back and petrifying him.

What just happened?

I heard footsteps and look up to see Draco walking over with his wand lowered. I stood there confused while still processing what just happened as he walk over and took my jounral from Patrick's hands then came over handing it back to me.

"Thank you." I said meeting Draco's eyes as I took my journal and held it close.

"He should learn some manners." he said walking over to stand a good two feet beside me.

"Sadly he can't take no for an answer." I said still looking at Patrick. "We can't leave him like this, we should unpetrified him though."

"Be my guest." he gestured.

I raised my wand and did the countercurse. Partick stood up and look at both me and Draco.

"Malfoy."

"Stevens."

"Nicely done, but this doesn't involve you." he look at me. "Knew you couldn't resist me."

"As if." I scoffed.

"Come on dearie." He step forward as I step back abd before he could get closer Draco grab Patrick then roughly pushing him back with one arm.

"Wouldn't push your luck Stevens."

"Why do you care, Malfoy?" He look at Draco.

"I'm still a prefect. Easily able to give you a month long detention or worse..."

"As if you ever would do that. Face it Malfoy." Patrick came up to him as they were standing off. "You don't have the juice anymore since your father is in Azkaban. You're nothing, everything you had you lost-"

Draco then shoved him as Patrick laughed and swung his fist to try and punch him.

"Enough!" I step between them as I shoved Patrick away. "Leave Patrick. And don't bother me again." I was about to walk away when...

"Wait." He moved to grab my arm but I moved quickly away not wanting him to touch me. "I'm... is there anyway I can make up for it?"

"Yes." I said, holding my books close to me. His smiled grew, he was thinking the opposite of what I was. "Leave, and if you ever come near me again.... Let's just say I know a couple of hexes, that'll make you sleep under your bed calling for your teddy bear."

I could've sworn I saw Draco smile for a second before going back to his normal look. Even though it wasn't a smile it was more like a ghost smile.

"You know what, you aren't worth the time Potter." And with that he left.

I let out a sigh of relief and glanced at Draco who was still standing there.

"Mind explaining what that was about?" He ask.

"He's just being a bloody idiot is all." I said looking at the ground and placing my bag down to put away my journal.

"I'd assume you'd be at your pathetic house party celebrating, after today's win."

"Not really into those things. Besides there was too many people there, even outside the common room. Just wanted to be alone."

It was quiet as I place my bag back on my shoulder.

"Did he..." I pull all the courage I have and look at him while he walk over and stood in front of me, leaning against a pillar "Try anything? Inappropriately."

"Thought I was the least of your worries." I mumbled out without even thinking. 

It was silence but neither of us moved or made the intention of leaving.

"He kiss me." I admitted getting his attention. "I kick him off of me but he wouldn't take no for an answer."

There was small silence again but this time we were looking st each other.

"Are you alright?" Our eyes lock and there was this feeling like an invisible rope pulling me towards him.

"Don't know what you're talking about?"

"I saw you in the Great Hall, you were barely eating." I placed my things on the bench. "You have bags under your eyes that say you haven't been sleeping properly. You're not playing Quidditch, which I-- everyone knows how much you love playing. Especially against my brother and the Gryffindor team. And I hear you've been skipping classes too."

"You should stop listening to rumors. That's all they are because I'm fine." he placed his hands inside the pockets of his trousers. "From what I hear, you're doing splendid. Guess last year were filled with lies."

"What are you talking about?"

"Hale. Simon."

"What about them?"

"You have suitors coming at you left and right."

"Hale is just a friend, who ask for a charms assignment once. Actually he's currently dating Helen. Simon is with Alice, has been since the beginning of the year. And no, I haven't been doing well, actually. I've been frantically worried and crying all night since the end of last term, unable to sleep. I gave up on everything so I can protect my brother and finish school." I took a step back let out a sigh. "Why am I even telling you, of all people this?"

"Why are you? I'd expect you to go crawling to someone else, like Simon. But he's sticking his head with someone else because you never gave him a time of day. You were too busy keeping me from ratting out your pathic brother."

I shook my head. "You're so heartless, Malfoy. Honestly, the reason I never paid anyone attention is because you also used me." he just look at me with no emotion whatsoever. "Truthfully I fell in love with you, and I don't think you even care one bit. I never lied-- you know what? I was so stupid to think everything last year was real and you meant anything. And I've tried to get you out of my head but I can't, call me stupid or whatever you're good at that."

It all happened quick. I grabbed my things and began walking away until he stop me by grabbing my arm and pulled me into his chest. He buried his face into my neck while his arms wrap around me, holding me close trapping from pulling away. He was hugging me and his grip was tight enough so I wouldn't leave. I was stun for a moment then I melted into his warmth and wrap my arms around his torso and leaned my forehead against his shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He said as I felt his whole body began to shake and his voice cracking. "Please... please don't leave me. I'm sorry for everything, I never meant to hurt you, Davina. Believe me I wanted nothing more. Just don't leave me."

I didn't see it till now. Harry was right about Draco, but not completely right. But this wasn't someone who was acting for pride, or evil. He was scared.

I held him tightly and buried myself into his arms.

"Never." the word came out as I buried my face into his shoulder.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been two weeks since the astromeny tower. Draco would owl me to meet him someplace secluded after dinner, or early in the morning. Sometimes in the afternoon when there wasnt anything to do. We would just sit there which would comfort him and just sat there in silence.

Right now we were in a tower that we always came to, which hardly anyone comes in. Draco sat across from me as a owl, which I recognize as Slughorn's, flew in and landed beside me. I saw an envelope in its beak. I took it then it took off back into the school.

I opened it and saw it was an invitation to the Slug Club Christmas party. Gordic I completely forgot. I let out a sigh and place it down before getting back into my work.

"What is it?" Draco asked.

"Slughorn Slug Club Christmas party." I said continue writing my essay. "I told Harry I wouldn't be going."

My eyes moved to see him taking the invitation and looking at it. "You should go."

"No."

"Go." He said placing the invitation on front of my essay.

I look at him as he look back out the window. He hadn't been doing some of his assignments. We fought about it but in the end, I didn't want to push him anymore.

"You know the only reason I'm in this slug club is because Professor Slughorn love to have students who have powerful names. He mostly wants my brother," Draco glanced at me. "The boy who lived. I'm just the sister that happens to have the Potter name. But I proved to be as skill as he is to everyone's surprise."

"That's because they underestimated you."

"Or they have such low standards."

It went silent for a moment then Draco took my hand, and began to play with my fingers with his. "Who are you going with?"

"I never said I was going."

"We both know Potter is going to ensure that you do." He said in a hateful voice.

"Fine, come with me."

Draco glanced up then drop his head back down. "Not a good idea."

"If Harry makes a fuse then I'll just tell him that it's my way of apologizing to you."

"Apologizing?" he look at me.

"He's been assuming things about you. Whenever something bad happens, he thinks it's your doing."

"Such as...?"

"Katie bell." J spoke in a whisper.

I watch as Draco let go and leaned back against the wall.

"Draco?"

He's dementre changed. He was angry, scared. If someone saw him like this they would run in the opposite direction. It was like that for a long time.

I started grabbing my things. "I'm going to be late for class." I got up and headed out of the tower. My heart broke. He did do something to Katie. And yet I couldn't be angry at him. As I walk to class I was trying to piece the puzzles together. It had came down to three final answers but I couldn't be quite sure which one it was. He wasn't going to tell me, and I couldn't push him any longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.2K 838 46
Lilith Black was ignored her whole life. Her father, Sirius Black didn't care about her, because she didn't give a fuck about the Order of the Pheoni...
3.6M 104K 177
READ DESCRIPTION FIRST TO AVOID CONFUSION. -currently under revision, my grammar sucks- Joy Deveroux, the last descendant of the wealthy, pure-bloode...
39 0 10
I didn't want to be the daughter of Voldemort, but that is not something you can just ask to change. I never actually knew him, at least that's what...
3.1M 70.1K 137
You were a Potter. You grew up with Harry, your twin brother, in the same dreadful situation. You had the same lightning bolt scar, but on your neck...