Modern Marauders (Jily fanfic...

By lilytat

What I'm doing here is taking the Marauders' (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter), Lily Evans', and Severus Snap... More

Intro
1) The Quidditch Match Of Bromance And Broomance
2) Notes From The Marauders Who Shall Be Murdered
4) Deatheaters Wish My Sister A Happy Birthday
5) Daddy is Dead and So Is James
6) The Letter
7) Stupid Snape
8) Team Lily
9) Movie Time
10) Whispers
11) Wet Mop Disease
12) The First to Go
13) A Slave of the World
14) The Search and The Fight
15) The Plan(s)
16) Executing Said Plan
17) Surprises
18) The Return

3) Tuney Time

5.8K 111 156
By lilytat

A/N: Don't forget about the cover contest. Details are on my last post.

****Lily****

"Are you ready?" I asked, jumping on Marlene's bed. "McGonogal's escorting us out! Wake up!"

"Someone woke up on the right side of the bed," Marlene mumbled and pulled the blanket over her head. If only! I thought sarcasticaly. I didn't wake up at all...

I sighed and yanked the covers down and away from her face. "GET UP MARMAR!" I screamed/sang as loud as I could. Today was going to be perfect. McGonogal would be 'escorting' the two of us off campus, my parents would meet us at King's Cross, take us home, and then we'd have the night to catch up with my muggle friends and stuff before the party tomorrow. Notice two things that were not on the day's scheduel, 1) Severus and 2) James. Yeah, this was going to be a good day!

Marlene sat up and shoved me off her bed. I rolled onto the ground and landed with a THUD on my butt. "I'm up! You maniac!" She screamed, getting of bed.

"You won't be calling me a maniac when we get take out muggle pizza!" I sang, standing and dancing around. "Get on your muggle clothes! You get to meet Vernin, Tuney's horrible boyfriend! He hates me but it's okay because I'm his bestie. And Severus- I mean Snape's family, Merlin- I mean gh my God. You're going to have to start saying that for the party."

My friend threw a hairbrush at me. "Just stop talking! Please!" She screamed.

I smiled and smoothed out my favorite muggle t-shirt. It was simply a black t-shirt that said 'Normal' across the chest. Doesn't soundd like much, but it makes Petunia go mad. I was wearing light ripped jeans and black leather combat boots that I got in like 2nd year becaue my mother forgot about the dress code. Three years later, they still fit. I have small feet, okay? "Fine! Get dressed," I said, grabbing my overnight bag.

"I never understood that shirt," Marlene said, thoughtfully. "But I have the perfect counter shirt."

"Counter shirt?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

Marlene smiled slyly and reached under her bed, where she kept all of her muggle clothes. She pulled out a black t-shirt- almost identical to mine- that said 'Normal People Scare Me'. "Counter shirt," She said boastfully.

"I stand countered," I agreed, smiling. "I'll be in the great hall. See yah," I called, leaving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, la la," Alice said in a form of greeting as I slid into the seat next to her.

"Someone has found her sense of fashion!" Sng Mary, who was constantly bedazzling her tie or teaching the Hufflepuffs how to hem their skirts. "I love it. So casual," She chripped. "Where's Marlene? Has she gotten the swing into Muggle Fashion?"

I smirked and helped myself to a buiscut. "She'll be here," I answered smoothly. "I made sure of it."

Mary giggled. "Oooh, wake her up, did you?" She asked. I winked. "Way to get on her bad side. You need her to behave for this! You've created a monster."

Looking around the room, I leaned in to whisper to her. "I slipped a bit of caffine into her morning pumpkin juice. Don't tell her, though."

"HELLOOOO FRIIIEEEENNNNDDDSSS!" Marlene sang, skipping down the eisle between our table and the ravenclaws. "Beautiful morning we're having, isn't it?" She asked, tossing Sirius's hair as she passed him.

"Just a bit?" Alice asked. "More like a pint of it!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks, again, professor," I said as we arrived at the station.

McGonogal smiled. "No problem, dear. Have you got your potion?" She asked.

"Potion?" Marlene repeated.

"Got it," I answered, ignoring my friend. "See you Mond-"

"LILY!" My mother's voice screamed as she ran to come and hug me. "We missed you so, so, so, much, darling! You wouldn't believe it!

My face turned scarlet. "Mum, it's been like- two months!" I reminded her. "This is my best mate, Marlene. Marlene, this is Mum," I introduced them. "Dad and Tuney didn't come?"

Mum smiled sadly and took my bag. "They're waiting at home. Planning for the party and all. Now, come along girls."

"Warning, Mrs. Evans, I'm pureblood," Marlene said. "I've never been in a car before."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I HATE THAT I HATE THAT I NEVER WANT TO GO IN ONE EVER AGAIN!" Marlene screamed, leaping away from the car the second we reached my house. "How do you muggles do this stuff? That was the scariest experience in my life. I almost died."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Oh, please. You're like my father when I tried to put him on a broom. 'Why does it go up like that? Make it stop!'" I mocked.

Mum laughed and handed me my overnight bag. "Well, you know where your room it. Your father and Tuney should be back from the party store in a half hour," She said an unlocked the door.

Immediatly, my black lab boumnced outside and ran to me. "Sage!" I called and went to pet her. "We got her the year before I left for Hogwarts. I wanted to name her Demon Killer, but my mom wanted to stick with the plant theme with Tuney and I. I said Venus Fly Trap, but I was out-voted by pretty much the entire planet," I explained to Marlene, who was kneeling next to me to pet the dog.

"Is your Mum a gardener?" She asked.

"Pft, hell no!" I said, holding back a laugh. "She killed a cactus over the summer."

"Is everything named after a plant?"

I thought for a moment. "Well... our goldfish was named Daisy before Sage ate him. We once babysat a cat named Snowy. Snow isn't a plant and I think I had doll named Anne when I was little. Anne and her sister, Tulip, although I accidentally killed Tulip."

Marlene's eyes widened. "What- you know I don't want to know. Let's venture onwards! I have to see this bedroom of yours. I may or may not have promised a certain James Potter I'd tell him everything about it, including details." My smile turned into a scowl. "Kidding! I would never tell your crush about Anne, whom I'm certain is currently hiding underneath your bed."

"How'd you kno-"

"CALLED IT!" Marlene screamed, doing a little jig.

I scoffed and walked into my house, Marlene and Sage following me at my heals. Enter door, five steps, right three steps, twelve stairs, three steps door one, two steps door two, three steps door three, my room. Before I made muggle friends, I had alot of free time. "I do not like James Potter," I told Marlene, tossing my bag onto the yellow and green bed in the center of the room. My room was extremely cluttered, with sutff everywhere. Old potions homework, notes passed between Alice and I (we always passed notes when we were bored), my framed acceptance letter.

Surveying the room, Marlene nodded. "Funny. That's not what you told him when you two were flirting it up last night." I froze mid-picking up a picture of my best muggle friend, Lana. "When were you planning telling me about the Insmonia? I mean, I know I've got a bit of a big mouth, but if you told me to keep my blabber shut, I would!"

"I'm sorrry, Mar!" I broke. "It's just, he was there, you know? And you weren't. And it was time for me to snap and he asked and you know I can't lie! I had to say something!"

"It's fine, Lily," Marlene said. I loved her for things like this. She didn't get mad easily, unless it had something to do with waking her up. "but you're still lying."

I coughed and turned to look at her. "No... I'm not."

Marlene sighed and stood up so that we were face-to-face. We were always those best friends who were constantly the same height. Those girls that if one of us works out, both lose weight. In first year, we bought our first bras together. In third year, we bought our first tampons together. In fifth year, we bought our first lace underwhere together. We were practically joined by the hip. If I study, we both ace the test. If someone breaks up with Marlene, we both get the heartache. As Sirius always says, he can't shag Marlene without shagging me, too. Of course, this isn't true because last week, we bought Marlene's first pregnancy test (negative, thank Merlin). The point is, we're close. "The thing is, honey. You are lying still," She placed her index finger over my heart. "In there."

"I'm lying to my boob?" I asked.

"Close, your heart," Marlene smiled.

"SOMEONE CALL THE MOUSE BECAUSE I FOUND HIS CHEESE!" I screamed, stepping back and pointing at my friend. "Get it. Cheesey?"

My friend sighed and shook her head. "What are we going to do with you? It was funny before you explained it."

I giggled and battted my eyes. "Speaking of cheese, if we're going to have a heart-to-heart, we're going to need pizza and ice cream."

Marlene shrieked with joy. "I've always wanted to try muggle pizza! What's the difference between muggle and wizard pizza?"

"First of all, Muggle pizza isn't made by trolls."

"I love it already!"

"I know right!" I gigggled. "MUUUUUUM! MARLENE AND I ARE ORDERING A PIZZA!" I screamed.

We waited for a second before the response came. "OKAY. I'LL LEAVE CHANGE ON THE COUNTER!"

Fumbling for my cell phone, which was covered in a layer of dust due to the fact I don't bring it to Hogwarts, I formed a plan. "Okay, so pizza, heart-to-heart, I'll explain muggle technology, we'll call my muggle friends, and then we can annoy Petunia. Deal?"

On my bed again, Marlene grinned evilly. "Saving the best for last, I like it. Now call the man of pizzas."

I nodded and pressed the call button. "Hey, yes. One large pizza please. Half cheese and half peperoni. Hold on- bacon pizza? Those Americans, eh? Okay, so forget peperoni, we're going to need bacon. No- know what? Do the cheese and peperoni and then we'll get a large bacon. Oh yes, you'd better do two cokes. You got chips? Mmmm, make it a large. And would you happen to sell ice cream still? Good, two rocky roads. Woooow price went up! No, it's fine, I'm making my parents pay. You too, ta!" I said.

"That sounded amazing," Marlene said.

"Oh, it will be. It gets here in fifteen minutes," I promised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of the doorbell was like music in my ears. "That's our food!" I told Marlene.

We violently thudded down the stairs like a herd of rinos and nearly took out the pizza guy, but we made it to the door.

"Hey, Gerald, nice to see you," I told the pizza guy as I opened the door.

"Oi, Lily!" He said. "You back from school already?"

"Just for Tuney's birthday, you know how it is," I said, shrugging. "This is my mate Marlene, by the way. She's from my school."

Gerald chuckled. "G'day," He greated her with a wink. "Well, Lily, we miss our best costomer. We can hardly pay the bills without you." For some reason, this comment made me blush. "Here's two pizzas, two cartons of ice cream, two cokes, and large chips. should be fourty pounds?"

Marlene handed him the money as I juggled the boxes. "Thanks, Ger! See yah!" I called, closing the door with my foot.

"Woah, woah, what's this, a feast?" A voice called behind us.

"Hey, daddy," I said, kissing my father on the cheek. "Gotta go, food to eat, gossip to spread!" I shouted, running up the stairs.

Marlene winked at my dad, picking up the chips I dropped. "See yah, Daddy Evans!" She said, following me up.

"MARMAR WHAT TIME IS IT?" I screamed.

"I BELIEVE THAT IT IS BACON PIZZA THAT'S NOT MADE FROM TROLLS TIME, MY FRIEND!"

"I BELIEVE SO TOO!"

Slowly, I opened the pizza boxes and let the aroma fill my room before helping Marlene and I to a slice. "Okay. Where were we?" I asked.

Marlene shoved half the pizza into her mouth. "You like James," She said, spraying pizza bits everywhere.

"No, I don't," I argued, eating my own pizza.

"Yes, you do," Marlene argued back. "Honey, face it. I know better than you know you. You like James and you have liked him forever."

I sighed and shook my head. "I think I'd know if I liked him," I told her. "I told you, I spilled to him last night because he was there when I needed to talk. Just because he likes me, doesn't mean that I have to like him," I spat.

Marlene sighed. "It's not that simple, is it? You don't know you like him, because you've never not liked him. You just want him to change for you. News flash, he's not going to change," She commented. "Do you have any muggle nail polish? I'm dying to see how it works!"

The shelve of nail polish rattled behind me as I grabbed her favorite color, aqua green, and tossed it to her, selecting embrald green for myself. With green eyes and dark red hair like mine, it's hard to find something to match. "That's rediculous, Mar," I told her. "Twist the top, there's a brush inside. You have to do it manualy," I explained and she tried to pop the top of with her thumb. "I feel the same way about James as I do about Remus or Frank."

"Do you really, though. Merlin's butthole, this is impossible," She muttered, putting down her pizza to try and paint her nail. "How am I supposed to get the paint on something so small?" She whined.

At this point, my eyes wewre rolling themselves. "It's an art, Marlene!" I was already done with one hand. "Anyway, of course I do. I just kind of hate him more though."

"Why do you hate him?"

"His arrogance," I hardly missed a beat. "The way he messed up his hair, the way he saunters around with his little gang as if they own the place, that snitch he carries around. Shall I go on?" I asked. Marlene, too focused in her nail polish, simply nodded in response. "Erm... okay. The way that everytime he asks me out, he seems genualy disappointed when I say no. As if he thought I'd change my mind! And when he gives me the wounded puppy face as if I hurt his feelings in some way, which is rediculous. I'm certain he and his friends just sit there and compliment eachother all the time as to boost their confidence. And- and the way he treats people as if they're lower than him! Especailly Severus. So what if he's a little... odd- he doesn't need James to remind him that!" I ranted, waving my hands in the air- half to dry them and half out of frustration.

Marlene made a face and glared at the floor. "Lily... is that a Pizza John shirt on your floor?" She asked, making a face.

A blush flew to my cheeks. "Maybe. I'm a John Green fan, okay?" I whined. "Leave Pizza John alone!"

"Okay, okay. You were saying?"

"James Potter doesn't like Pizza John!" I screamed. Marlene faked a gasp. "Well... I doubt he knows what Pizza John is because it's too severly awesome and a muggle thing but still! He made fun of Paper Towns. You know how I feel about people who don't like books!"

"Lily, just because you're a bibliophile doesn't mean we all have to be," She said, glaring at her finger that now had an aqua-green stripe across it.

"Well, yeah, but PAPER TOWNS! One does not simply insult John Green. It just doesn't happen," I nagged.

Now it was Marlene's turn to roll her eyes. "I know, I know. Love John Green, live John Green, be John Green. You told me a million times. Also, Hank Green is amazing and DFTBA must be remembered as world greatness. You wrote it on my arm in fourth year," She whined. "Back to your crush on James Potter- you realize all of the things you just named would be reasons for you to like him, right? And the thing with Severus, if his friends scare you to the point of Insomnia, you can't care that much. I mean, I understand the John Green thing. Anyone who doesn't like John Green is my enemy. But still, you like him and you don't know it!"

"What is this, a teen fiction novel? No. I don't like James," I said quickly. "How are your nails? Are you getting the hang of it, because we need to call my muggle friends before they explode."

"Go ahead, I'm drying," Marlene said, showing off her freshly painted nails.

I nodded and pulled out my phone again, dialing my best muggle friend, Lana's number. "Hello, Lana? It's me! I'm home for Tuney's stupid party. Are you with Danny? Great! Call everyone and meet us at the playground. See yah!" I spoke. "GET UP MARLENE!"

"You KNOW how I feel about getting up!" Marlene muttered, glaring at me.

"Lily! You haven't been home an hour and I'm already sick of hearing your voice!" Someone yelled, slamming the door open. I could recognize her anywhere. She was as thin as a twig, always jealous of my mild cruves, with straight drak hair. She looked nothing like me, but she was my sister.

"Hey, Tuney, happy birthday!" I said cheerfully. "This is my friend, Marlene."

Pentunia frowned. "Is that pizza?" She asked, gesturing to the boxes on the floor.

"Err... yes?"

She leaped over my bed and grabbed a slice. "Hold on- bacon?" She shouted in disgust. "I'm a vegetarian! You knew that!" She accused.

I shook my head slowly. "No, I didn't. I haven't been home in two months, Tuney. You haven't been vegetarian since you were 12. There's cheese in the other box, though."

Tuney scowled as she grabbed the box and sauntered away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"IS THAT LILY EVANS?" One of my best muggle friends screamed from across the playground. His hair was a noticable bright blue and his t-shirt was bright pink, making him quite a show.

"IS THAT JASON MCDASHNEL?" I screamed back, running over to them. "Guys, this is Marlene. Marlene, this is Jason," the blue hair, "Lana," frail girl with auburn eyes a balck hair with a pink streak through it, "Danny" tall kid with a bowl hair cut, "Marshal," short kid with a bowl hair cut, "Stace," girl about average height, above average weight with very short brown hair, "and last but not least, Mich," a girl so tall, I had to look up to see her face with blonde hair almost down to her waist.

Stace imediatley pulled Marlene into a hug. "It's so great to finally but a face to the name, Marley!" She giggled.

Marlene blushed. "Marlene," She corrected. "So, you're the ones taking care of Lily all summer?"

"Please," Marshal scoffed. "Lily's the one taking care of us!" I blushed. "She told us all about your school with the house system and stuff. I still can't believe she's a perfect or whatever."

"Prefect," Mich corrected. "She was in tears when she told us!"

"Yeah, well, you know Lily," Marlene shrugged. "Always the people pleaser and stuff!"

I nodded boastfully. "Yeah well we've got to go bug Tuney. See you guys!" I called, waving as I grabbed Marlene's arm and tugged her away. "You hate them, don't you?" I asked knowingly.

Marlene gave a sob of relief. "Yes! They're horrible, how could you possibly hang out with them? I couldn't even ask what their favorite Quidditch teams were? Or what their wands were made of? Or their house or bloodtype? That narrows my smalltalk down to 'So do you know what bacon is'? And I can't get very far without laughing into how it's not made from trolls!" She cried.

"It's okay, Mar," I said, laughing. "They hated you, too!"

A/N:

COVER CONTEST PLEASED

DETAILS IN PREVIOUS CHAPTER

Anyway, that was kind of a pointless chapter. I just wanted you to see what Lily's like at home and stuff so yeah.

COMING UP

-James (No spoilers here hehehe)

-The Party

-Violence

-Dumbledore

Thank you for reading! Oh, and to those of you who have been commenting, thank you so much!!!! Please continue to do so and vote and stuff.

I LOVE YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!

-Lily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
1.6K 100 55
Marauder era: Lily takes a look back at her last year at Hogwarts. A story full of twists and turns. Her time with Severus and the love they shared...
375K 8.8K 63
Have you ever wondered how life was like for the marauders in Hogwarts? Or how Lily and Severus' loyal friendship took a turn for the worst? Or maybe...
534K 13.2K 20
Follows James and Lily through their last year at Hogwarts. Join in with the trouble making of the marauders, the suspense of Quidditch games, and th...