Her Vocation

By alin958

"Allah guides whom He wills to the straight path." (Al Baqarah | 213) Aasiya is the girl who has it all. At... More

FOREWORD
CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
1. The Beginning
2. The Assault
3. The Chance Encounter
4. The Intruder
5. The Blackout
6. The Nightmare
7. The Secret haven
8. The Accident
9. The Promise
10. The Festival
11. The Farewell
13. The Foreboding
14. The Common ground
15. The Confession
16. The Celebration
17. The Conclusion
18. Moment of Truth
19. Naveed Suleiman
20. His Memories
21. Aasiya
22. Hasbi Allah
23. Tawbah
24. Sirat ul Mustaqeem
25. Her Vocation
26. Mirage
27. Revelation
28. Al-Rahman
29. Ghafoor ur Raheem
30. Kaffarah
31. Fee Sabilillah
32. Sabrun Jameel
33. Labayk Allah
34. Reunion
35. Qadr
EPILOGUE
AFTERWORD

12. The Fateful Kin

3.3K 223 44
By alin958

I continued to stare blankly at the ceiling of this unfamiliar hospital. A cannula passed into my right hand was hooked up to an IV line. I had no regard of the time or days since that day. It seemed like last night but I knew it must have been a few days. I had no recollection of the events following that incident. Yet, as the memories of those days started to return to my mind, my eyes started brimming with tears. I closed my eyes and the tears slid down my cheeks, soaking the pillow.

"Captain!" His mouth forming into a smile when I called him out.

"It's a promise." His soft warm eyes as they looked into mine.

"You are no intruder." I wonder how I didn't realise the lies behind his words.

"You were playing around so I decided to play along." A sob escaped my lips and I shut my eyes closed.

"You didn't even think about anything and fell for me. How can you trust people so easily. Girls like you are only good for playing with."

'Stop. Please.'

The sobs had once again broken loose and I covered my face in my hands. Didn't even hear someone come in.

"Aasiya! What's wrong?!" Navi cried, pulling my hands away from my face. I let him but didn't look up from his chest when he held me against him.

"Shh. It's alright now. You're okay. I am here." He continued to console me but it only took me moments to push away from him.

"What happened? Why am I here?" I found my voice hollow of emotions and heard him exhale a deep sigh before replying.

"You had a nervous breakdown. I stayed with you in Gilgit hospital for the past 4 days. You were transferred here today." He continued blankly but my mind whirred with the worst possibility.

"How—how did you find me—" My voice stuttered as I turned to watch him whose face had took on a dark look. Did Navi say something to—

"I went to the hotel looking for you, but they said you had long before checked out—Why did you lie to me in your text?" He glowered peering into my eyes and I gulped unintentionally. How had I forgotten about that text? I don't think I made it to the hotel, where I planned to meet him—So, did he find me at Hadi's—

"How did you find me?" It was my turn to glare.

"Someone gave me the address when I called—you had blacked out, they said." He returned plainly but I averted my gaze from his brows knitted in suspicion.

"Why? Are you worried about your pretty little Captain Hadi?" A cold shiver ran down my spine at his voice. Slowly turning to look up at him, I found him regarding me carefully with a sinister grin. I didn't even want to try to think how he came to know about him. I knew it was stupid to underestimate Navi, yet I had made that mistake. 

"Navi—" I didn't mean for my voice to break but it did and I watched Navi inch closer, with a murderous intent.

"Tell me Princess—Is he the one that gave you a breakdown? Did I make a mistake to not take him seriously?" He remarked softly, tugging a lock of hair behind my ear. I could only gape at him through quivering lips as he cupped my face, making me look up at him. His eyes held threat that rendered me speechless.

"Do you still not get it? I am the only one who can never hurt you—Even if the entire world goes against you, I'll still believe in you." His voice was low and cracked with grief as he touched my forehead to his. I knew this was true—I knew if there was one person who could never betray me, it was Navi. But he was also the only person whom I could never make the mistake to put my trust in.

I ripped his hold on me and turned away. A few moments passed when I heard him say again.

"You are so selfish Aasiya. Have you never thought about me? What is it that I have not done for you? What more do you want me to do? What can I do for you to accept me?"  His face had nothing but hurt etched on it. I knew that I had hurt Navi. But this relationship would bring nothing but hurt to both of us. Yet, he refuses to understand.

"Navi—" I shook my head at him, whose eyes gleamed with unshed tears.

"I have always been waiting for you—For seven years—Just standing around, waiting for you to look at me." He pleaded, taking my hands in his.

"Navi—Please—You can't help me. Why don't you understand—!" I remarked defeated, pulling away from him and dropping my head in my hands; only for him to roughly grab me by my elbow and turn me to face him. 

"No, Aasiya. Don't you get it—?! I am all you've got! You can run to the corners of the earth and I'll still find you." He seethed through clenched teeth.

"Then I guess, I'll just have to die." I gave a bitter laugh and saw a dark shadow pass on his face.

"You. Are. Mine. You hear me? You can't even die without my permission. I won't let you." I noticed the tremor in his hand as he cupped my face in his hands and bent down to place a feeble kiss on top of my head. I didn't want to admit it, but I recognised the fear in his eyes.

Fear of losing me.

I never thought things will go this way with him. Not even when I saw him for the first time that day, 7 years ago. Even though now that I think about it, Navi never gave me any other ideas...

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ 

7 YEARS AGO

"Asiya this is Naveed my only child. You might remember? He'll be starting Uni this year." Auntie Samra pipped in cheerfully. I looked from her to the tall handsome boy standing beside her. He smirked before extending his hand to me, with a hi. I scoffed at that before turning to Auntie. 

"Can I go to my room?" I inquired blankly, clutching at my backpacks belt. 

"Of course darling. You must be tired from the long journey. I have fixed up a room for you. After you get some rest, I will help you unpack." She returned with a smile and I sufficed with a nod. 

"Naveed, go show Aasiya her room." 

"Sure thing, Mom." He returned cheekily, at which I rolled my eyes and earned a chuckle from him. Ignoring his ridiculous behaviour, I bent down to pick up my heavy suitcase only to have him beat me to it. I shot him a glare, which he accepted with a grin. 

What the hell is his problem? 

"You can barely lift your own weight and you are thinking about picking up this suitcase which is twice your size?" I frowned at his nonsense while he grinned like an idiotic monkey. 

"I CAN---" I tried saying when his mother cut me off. 

"Naveed! Be nice to your little cousin. She is my adorable niece after all." I tried to ignore her but she had bent down to kiss me on the head. Still giving death glares to the monkey who was looking at me as if I were a free public amusement show. 

"Naveed will bring it to your room sweetie. I'll inform your parents about your arrival until then."  I gave her a blank look as she uttered the last sentence. She smiled before going into one of the closed rooms. I watched her even when the door was shut behind her. 

"Hello??" That idiotic monkey was now waving his hands in front of me. I shot him a scornful look before walking past him to the staircase. 

"You don't even know the way to you room. Why are you walking ahead of me?" Monkey questioned coming after me. Ignoring his remarks, I continued to walk up the long staircase.

"Geez Princess. Slow down will you?'' That idiot asked breathlessly.

'PRINCESS?!' I abruptly turned around and accidentally head butted him, who almost slipped down the stairs. Reflexively, I grabbed at the front of his shirt before he could fall.

"GOD! You almost killed me princess." He remarked with a chuckle but I could only stare at him stunned. 

"You can let go now, you know." He added with a smirk. I frowned at him, contemplating his words and immediately let go as his words registered on my mind. He chuckled at that and I rolled my eyes at him. 

"TA-DA!!" He yelled cheerfully, while I just stood in my place stunned. 

What. The. Hell. 

"You like it? Mom especially decorated it in pink for you. Though I find the colour disgusting myself. But I guess it goes well with you. Right, Princess?'' He stated calmly, going in and placing my bags on the floor. Instead of replying, I stood in my place in a daze. 

"You don't like it?" Monkey asked coming to stand in front of me. I glanced at him and then the room. 

"Can you step aside?'' I asked with a hint of annoyance. 

"Oh. Of course."He returned with a sheepish grin before moving away. 

"Anything else you need?" He inquired plainly coming to stand next to me. 

"Not need. But I do want you to leave my room." I returned calmly turning to face him with arms crossed over my chest. His eyebrows shot up in surprise but I held his gaze. He smiled slightly before continuing. 

"Don't you think you are too rude for your age Miss Princess?" He asked calmly with a hint of amusement. 

"SO? You want me to address you as bhai (brother)?" I mocked him at which he snorted. Still, I continued to eye him narrowly. 

"Well are you going to do that?" He inquired evenly, still maintaining the eye contact. I glared at him before turning away. 

"I never said I would. I simply asked your wish. Also, close the door behind you when you leave." I returned calmly before getting into the washroom. 

——————————- 

"What are you up to, your Highness?" Monkey asked, slumping on the sofa next to me. I straightened up and scooted to the far end.  

"You reading?" He questioned while bending to look at the back cover. 

"A series--of-unfortunate events?" I sufficed to roll my eyes at this.

"You don't look bookish—" He remarked in confusion. 

"And you not only look annoying but even are." I returned blankly without looking up from my book. 

"Cute. So you have already formed an opinion about me, huh?" He asked with a tilt of head. 

"Don't you have anywhere else to go?" I asked exasperated. 

"Well, I do have to go to Academy in the morning. Entrance exam preparations, you see." He explained slowly, lying back on the sofa. I exhaled an exhausted sigh unconsciously. 

"By the way, Mom told me you will be in A-levels this year. What school have you decided on? Mom was thinking about my old school. It's the best school in the city. Mom mentioned that you are very bright, so it will be easy peasy for you."  He continued animatedly. I didn't say anything in return, though I was now contemplating  to leave the lounge. 

"Still I don't get it. Why did you choose to complete your primary—" 

"Can't you shut up!" I almost yelled at which his mouth pursed into a thin line. He continued to watch me blankly for a moment before turning away with a sigh. 

"Fine. Continue with your stupid book." He ended annoyed and got up to leave. I glared at his retreating back before returning to my book. Although my focus was lost by now.

Please don't forget to vote & comment, if you enjoyed reading. Thankyou :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

492K 26.5K 76
"What's meant to be, will always find its way." Jasmina Sheikh, a spoilt, pampered princess with a kind and loving heart. An innocent crush leads to...
708K 46.9K 39
[Highest ranking: #1 in Spiritual on 15/8/18] ••• • In which a girl saved a boy's life in the most unexpected of circumstances • She drank water. He...
13.3K 2.1K 41
People told her to forget. People told him to move on. She could not forget. He had pushed away the past. Even though, her lips were sealed- her...
91.1K 4K 45
She knew this bus wasn't going to bring her to school today. She was afraid and scared that she would have to face this day. But it all happened and...