We, the Dreamers: A RWBY x Wa...

By After_Hours_Writer

In the furthest depths of the void, a new solar system was discovered. A system of planets, unknown to any fo... More

Chapter One: I Mean You no Harm
Chapter Two: An Invitation
Chapter Three: The Ride There
Chapter Four: Meeting the Ice Queen
Chapter Five: Initiation Preparation
Chapter Six: Partners
Chapter Seven: Stress
Chapter Eight: New Roommates
Chapter Nine: The First Day
Chapter Ten: Sparring
Chapter Eleven: Lesson Learned
Chapter Twelve: Conspiracy
Chapter Thirteen: Revelation
Chapter Fourteen: Jaunedice
Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy
Chapter Sixteen: Forever Falls
Author's Note: Quite A Dilemma
Chapter Seventeen: Rememberence
Chapter Eighteen: Tending Wounds
Chapter Nineteen: The Stray
Chapter Twenty: Chaos
Chapter Twenty-One: The Beach
Chapter Twenty-Two: Board Games & Investigation
Chapter Twenty-Three: Quality Time
Chapter Twenty-Four: Distress Call
Chapter Twenty-Five: Intimacy
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Orokin's Ball
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tiny Kubrow
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Search and Destroy
Chapter Thirty: Vytal Festival
Chapter Thirty-One: A "Gift" From the Void
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Gruesome Finale
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dreamer's Greatest Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Inevitable
Volume II Preview: Defy our Destiny
Volume II / Chapter One: Natah
Volume II / Chapter Two: Prison Break
Volume II / Chapter Three: Coming Home
Volume II / Chapter Four: Reclamation of Vale
Volume II / Chapter Five: War on the Grineer
Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch
Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities
Volume II / Chapter Eight: Stolen Army
Volume II / Chapter Nine: Hostage
Volume II / Chapter Ten: Love United
Volume II / Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before The Storm

Volume II / Chapter Twelve: The Storm After The Calm

2.5K 46 104
By After_Hours_Writer

The Next Morning...
Schnee Family Manor...
3rd Person POV

Jacques: WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?

In the Schnee family manor, the owner of the place was livid as he stood in the room of his youngest daughter. Expecting to see Weiss in her room by herself, he instead found her and the Tenno together in the same bed. Their clothing scattered across the room, their bodies covered up by a single sheet, and the smell of sweat filling the entire room.

As he yelled, the two jumped out from the bed, panicking by the sudden cry from Jacques. As they jumped from the bed, Jacques looked away in disgust as he yelled some more.

Weiss: AAAAHHHH!

Ryoma: AAAAHHH!

Jacques: DAAAAH! PUT YOUR DAMN CLOTHES ON, YOU HEAVENS!

In a rush, the two proceeded to jump from their beds and put on the clothes they had left scattered across the room. After a few minutes, Jacques looked back at the two before exploding into a fit of rage.

Ryoma: You ever heard of knocking!?

Jacques: You... You sleazy bastard!

Approaching the Tenno with his decrepit finger on his nose, Jacques continued.

Jacques: How dare you deflower my daughter in this household, you son of a bitch!

Weiss: Father!

In response, the Tenno mirrored him.

Ryoma: You know nothing about me, you hateful old coot!

Jacques: That's the point!

Weiss: It's my body, and my choice to-!

Turning his finger to his daughter, he interrupted.

Jacques: Do not speak till you are spoken to, young lady!

Weiss: !?

Ryoma: And clearly, you know nothing about your own daughter!

Jacques: GET OFF MY PROPERTY, BUM!

Weiss: Why are you acting like this!?

After saying that, her father's attention was now set on her. Behind the doorway, Whitley peeked through with the same smile as last night.

Jacques: Do you have any idea what your recent stunts cost us!?

Weiss: I-.

Jacques: And don't think I'm just talking about Lien here! Our reputation! Our lifestyle! Our...! AAAARRGGGHH!

Unable to finish his sentence, Jacques blindly planted his fist into what he thought was a nearby wall. Upon a second glance, he found that he had punched the center of the Tenno's chest, doing very little to him as he stood with disappointment in his eyes.

Ryoma: Really, gramps?

As silence followed, Weiss broke it by making up her mind about last night.

Weiss: I want to leave.

Ryoma: Hm?

Jacques: I beg your pardon?

Weiss: I said, I want to leave. I don't want to stay here anymore. I don't want to stay in Atlas anymore! I want to-!

Jacques: Young lady, I don't give a damn about what you want! This isn't about you. This is about the Schnee family name and your apparent insistence on dragging it through the mud!

Ryoma: Now, hold up...

Weiss: I have done nothing but fight to uphold the honor of my family name, a name that you married into!

As Jacques raised his hand to smack his daughter in retaliation, the Tenno gripped his raised wrist with his right hand.

Jacques: ?

Upon seeing the Tenno holding his wrist, Jacques soon found the dark aura of the void enveloping around both his wrist and the Tenno's hand, ready to detonate at the Tenno's command.

Jacques: !?

And in that moment, the Tenno whispered in an oddly calm manner.

Ryoma: Don't even bother, Jacques. I've lost my patience, as well as a hand, to get here. I'll be more than happy to take yours in its place.

Letting go, The Tenno stood idly as Jacques pulled back his arm, terrified and outraged by the Tenno's threat. Not one to express his fear, Jacques instead took his outrage out on Weiss.

Jacques: This behavior of yours is incredibly disappointing! You couldn't possibly understand the lengths I've gone to in order to keep this family where it is. You think running off like your sister is going to make the Schnee name stronger? You're wrong! Siding with her only divides us.

Weiss: I'm not siding with anyone. I'm doing what I feel is right, and that does not include wasting my time up here...

Jacques: Oh, for the love of-.

Weiss: ...with these clueless people in Atlas. The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to leave. It's mine, and I'll do it as a Huntress.

He began to walk away from the two, towards the doorway, stopping there to turn himself towards Weiss. It was while doing this that he noticed Whitley peeking in.

Jacques: No... you won't. You're not leaving with this degenerate; You're not leaving Atlas; You're not to leave the manor grounds unless I specifically allow it. You are going to remain here, out of sight and out of trouble, until you and I come to an agreement on your future.

Ryoma: Tssch!

Weiss: What?!

Jacques: Your presupposition that you can simply have whatever it is you want is a clear sign of our failure as parents. But from now on, I'll be giving you the full attention you require, starting by keeping you where I can see you.

Weiss: You can't just keep me from leaving!

Jacques: I can, and the staff here will make sure of it.

The Tenno scoffed at the thought, interrupting Jacques.

Ryoma: You sure can, old man...

Jacques: As for you, I'll have the entire Atlas military hanging down onto you if you do not leave, now.

Ryoma: Hmph....

Ryoma: Atlas has enough problems to worry about without your hearsay.

Weiss: This is only going to make things worse, Father. People will ask questions! They'll want to know why the heiress to the Schnee Dust Company is suddenly nowhere to be found!

Jacques: Which is why you are no longer the heiress to the Schnee Dust Company.

Her eyes widened in horror as she listened to her father. Standing up from the side of her bed, she asked, stunned about the situation.

Weiss: Excuse me!?

Jacques: Clearly, the trauma you endured at the fall of Beacon was too much for you. Which is why you've generously revoked your claim to the company and its earnings and passed it on to your brother, Whitley.

Ryoma: !

Weiss: !

As she stares blankly at a wall, Jacques turned himself around and began to make his way out of the room, leaving one last statement before doing so.

Jacques: It's time to wake up and face reality.

As he left the room, the Tenno noticed Whitley's eavesdropping as Weiss began to breathe heavily, shocked by the news.

Weiss: I...

Ryoma: You...

Whitley: !

As Whitley began to turn away from the doorway, the Tenno sought him down, prompting Weiss to follow suit. Upon seeing her brother, her emotions let go.

Ryoma: Hey!

Weiss: Whitley!?

Stopping himself in the hallway, the young boy turned around and greeted them with a plastered smile.

Whitley: Yes, sister?

Weiss: Did you know about this?

Whitley: About what?

Weiss: You never liked Winter. You never liked me. But you've been nothing but supportive since the moment I came back.

Whitley: If being kind to my big sister is some sort of crime, then I suppose I'm guilty.

Her eyes widened, she stated.

Weiss: You wanted this to happen...

His smile dissipated as he responded.

Whitley: It's foolish not to do as father asks.

Weiss: I... I-I can't believe you.

Whitley: Don't worry, Weiss. The Schnee family name is in good hands.

Ryoma: How pathetic.

Whitley: Hmm?

Weiss: ?

All eyes turned to the Tenno as he stated.

Ryoma: To let your own greed take priority over your family. You're no better than the Corpus who stood at your door.

Whitley: Again, shouldn't you be leaving, Mr. Nagare? We wouldn't want to bring an entire-.

Interrupting the young boy, the Tenno transferred himself into the demonic Rhino Prime Warframe and turned away from him.

Ryoma: Wouldn't want a bloodbath on my hands...

As he began to make his way towards the exit, Whitley continued on with his day, leaving Weiss as the two began to separate. Noticing her remaining still, the Tenno stopped as she fell to her knees to cry.

Ryoma: Weiss...

Transferring out from his Warframe, The Tenno wrapped his arms around her as she released her emotions to the world. After a few seconds of crying, she expressed her frustration, her hatred, and at last, her determination, as she wiped away her own tears and stared right into his eyes as she stated.

Weiss: We're leaving.
_____________________________________

One Hour Later...
Schnee Manor Backyard...

Ryoma: Is that all you're taking, Weiss?

Standing in the furthest part of the backyard, an area without gates that led into the snow filled woods, the Tenno stood with his Kubrow at his side as they waited for Weiss to pack up her belongings. To their surprise, she came with what seemed to only be her weapon and some vials of dust.

Ryoma: Do you have a coat?

Weiss: I can't pack too much, so I'm only bringing what would be of most use to us: Lien.

Ryoma: Not gonna ask how much, cause I still don't know the currency.

Weiss: It wasn't much, but it should be enough to get us a boat to Menagerie.

Ryoma: Considering that I can't make contact with Alita, that'll have to do.

Ryoma: We could always hunt down any Grimm in our way.

Weiss: That... could actually help us get some money.

Ryoma: I was thinking more of making a coat.

Visualizing herself in a coat made from replicated Grimm skin and bone, she flat out refused.

Weiss: Uh, no...

Klein: That will not be necessary, Mr. Nagare.

Ryoma: ?

Weiss: ?

Piper: ?

Looking back at the manor, the head butler stood before them with a dark blue fur coat on his right arm.

Klein: Miss Schnee, you've clearly forgotten your coat.

Ryoma: Klein...

As she approached the butler, he continued.

Klein: I wouldn't want you to freeze before reaching your destination.

Taking the coat and putting it on, she thanked him.

Weiss: Thank you Klein, but-.

Holding out his hand, he stopped her from talking before giving her a hug, his eyes changing color as he did so. As she returned the favor, the Tenno held back some tears as Klein spoke.

Klein: There was a day when you would leave this home, like Winter.

Weiss: Klein...

Klein: I overheard the argument, between the three of you. It was then that I knew that it would be a matter of time.

Releasing her from his grip, Klein continued on.

Klein: Show the world that you care, my little snowflake.

Weiss: I'll come back to visit you.

Klein: I know you will.

After patting her shoulders, Klein approached the Tenno in his Warframe. Tossing a small treat in front of the Kubrow, he complimented her.

Klein: I'll also miss this goofball.

Ryoma: Again, Klein, thank you... for everything.

Meeting his eyes, Klein stated.

Klein: It's her choice, but... I can't help myself but to say it... I leave her in your hands, Ryoma.

A few tears dripped down from the Tenno as he nodded.

Ryoma: Thank you...

It was from there that the three took off into the woods, their goal, to find their friend. And in the process, decimate anything and everything that threatened this world.

A Tenno...A Kubrow...A Huntress..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 873 54
REMAKE IN PROGRESS! When one of the last known active tenno in the origin system tries to escape the brewing conflict between grineer and the corpus...
7K 158 11
A shorter story about a journey through Remnant's history.
174K 2.1K 19
A UNSC frigate escapes from the remains of the planet Reach, using its Slip Space Drive to jump to a random location. Mid-jump, its drive fails, ope...
41.5K 960 53
A young man named kaone. An average kid with a normal life, Until a game suddenly send our boi to another world called remnant. However, He has a pow...