❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

By thegirlinstarydreams

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... More

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T W E L V E |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S I X |
| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T W O |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S I X |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F O R T Y - N I N E |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| F O U R T E E N |

5.5K 698 96
By thegirlinstarydreams

Meeting the love from past life , is the Sign of new beginnings. 

***

Amigos Cafe

" Fine . i will find sometime to go to the hospital . " Nandini said to Mukti , and she gave her a sheepish smile making Nandini sigh , but soon her concentration shifted to the amazing cafe , mukti set up ,  She started moving from her place admiring the beauty of the cafe as it was so white , with the tables for two arranged on the left side with colours contrasting the wall colours and  large Sofas facing each other with center table on the right side near the window pane , giving the exact view of outside .  

The main serving platform or known counter was pure marble white , with all the necessary appliances spread out to be installed , there were wooden shelves diving the space to enter and the sittings .

She had a different smile looking at the place and she said " Mukti , You made this place so beautiful . " Mukti smiled at her comment and then something clicked and she ran to her and said " Let me show you upstairs . Let's go . " 

Mukti said and ran upstairs with Nandini's arm in her hand , they reached the first floor , it was an open space , with wooden tilling , and marble finish walls , and after a  small walk from stairs to the required open space where nandini will be working . 

" Look , this area belongs to you . You can decorate it yourself " Mukti said showing her the area , She gleamed in happiness looking around the area and said " I have to design  it nicely . " She paused a bit and looked at her and said " Mukti , I will pay my rent in few days . " Mukti chuckled at her and side hugged her and said " It's fine , Lets talk about it later .  We will be family " 

" Huh " Nandini looked at mukti , in confusion about what she is talking about , mukti stifled her chuckle and held her hand and said " Let's go . "  And started bringing her downstairs . 

" Let's have a taste of my new coffee . " Mukti said , but nandini made a sorry face and said " Sorry , but i can't , My parents are going to come to my place for dinner . I have to go to supermarket . " 

" Fine , you can taste it when you are free . " Mukti said with a bad face , as she didn't felt that nandini should go but smiled at her , and both bid bye to each other . 

Mukti smiling went back to the table where she saw her brother's coffee cup and Nandini's cup , she picked both of them and kept extremely close to each other and said " You both are made for each other . " And chuckled at herself . 

Nandini walked down the street ,her arm was sore due to the box she picked so she was relaxing her muscles by shrugging her arm , she needed to walk down the lane towards the grocery shop , as she was walking , the clouds thundered , indicating that it will rain soon , and as Nandini looked up at the sky , and forwarded her palm open a little rain drop felt on her palm and she scowled saying " No way " and soon enough clouds thundered and it started down pouring , Nandini looked at the rain but immediately put her bag over her head preventing from rain and ran to the nearest store to find shelter . 

She stood in the pavement of the store , dusting the water droplets from her arms , and mumbled " It started raining so suddenly . " and again the down pour started to get worse , and she started getting drenched standing in the shelter too . 

-------------

" Are you sure , I don't need to comeback ? " Manik asked Neha  through the call , as he was driving the car , in the extreme downpour . Neha replied " Yes , Dr.Vibha has confirmed it . The patients index also returned to normal . I am sorry Dr.Manik , I was too hasty . " 

"There is never too intense to our patients . Okay , just ask Vibha to help you , If there is anything , call me . " Manik said and after listening her okay , he disconnected the call . He was driving the car back to Mukti's cafe , when his eyes caught , Nandini walking inside the Book store where she was standing saving her self from the rain . He parked his car at the side , and waited for her to move inside  . 

After a few minutes he moved out from his car and started walking towards the Book store . 

Nandini was settled on the floor leaning to the book rack reading a  book and the cloud was thundering without any stoppage , she looked at the large window and she sighed at the downpour and continued reading the book . 

Manik entered the library and started searching through racks , if he could find Nandini , but apart from her , he thought to find a book and was searching the racks , On the other side , Nandini , yawned reading the book , and she rubbed her eyes , and then relaxing her back on the rack and closed her eyes leaning backwards . 

Manik was searching the book in the shelve , when he turned towards his  left when he saw Nandini leaned to the rack sleeping , he moved near her and knelled infront of her , and saw her sleeping peacefully , but he knows her back will ache being in this position . He picked the book she was reading , which was kept in her lap and saw that it was some Travel magazine , he looked at her again and then at some distance , he got settled down in the same way as Nandini and leaned on the opposite rack to hers and then started reading the magazine which she was reading . 

While reading the magazine he kept glancing at Nandini time to time . 

----

Affection : Expression Of Love 

"Manik Malhotra is going to purse Nandini , I don't think she will say yes . After all , you two have been together for so many years . You can't just let her go . " Anuj said to Arayaman who was looking at the profile of manik , which Anuj collected for him , Arayaman settled his profile on the table and kept his finger on his chin and got settled in a thinking position while Anuj continued saying " What's more , Doctor Manik has no merit at all But has a handsome face . But when I looked him up , I have seen him take part in a competition named 'The Most Handsome Doctor ' and he won the first prize . He is pretty famous . Thereare so many people who like him . " 

" Do you like him ? " Arayaman asked stopping Anuj's talk and he directly look at him and Arayaman said " Did I ask you about him ? " Anuj nodded in no .

" Are you free ? " he asked sternly to him for which Anuj replied meekly " I will work . " and started walking out of his cabin when arayaman called him back and said " I heard that Nandini is going to open a Studio , Help me too find out about it . " Anuj nodded at him and left the cabin only to come face to face with Aliya who was entering his cabin . 

She got settled infront of him and he asked " Its raining outside . Why are you here ? " 

" It was so boring to be at home , So I came here to visit you . " Aliya said smiling at him , but he didn't smiled back as the only thoughts in his mind were of Manik and Nandini , Aliya noticed this and then also saw a profile on the table , which she picked up to look before Arayaman could protest . 

She looked at manik's profile and said " You are investigating on him . " She left a small chuckle and gave the profile back to him and said " I have looked at him already . " 

" Why? " He asked in confusion as why she investigated him . 

" Off course I want to help you , You want Nandini back with you and He is your biggest rival . Umm If i am right , He likes Nandini , Just we don't know about Nandini's feeling . She is so simple , . I am afraid that she will be cheated easily . If you want I can find out her feelings for you ." She said and Arayaman looked at her and asked " Why are you so in this ? "

"Because I want to help you . " She said , but arayaman looked outside and said " No thanks , I will take care of my affairs on my own . " 

---- 

Books Attic

 Nandini was sleeping leaning over the rack , when her eyes cringed due to the sun rays which peeked through the window on her face , she opened her eyes , and blinked it for a few seconds to adjust the light and looked at the window and mumbled " The rain stopped . " 

" It has been stopped for over an hour. " she heard the voice of manik which shocked her and she immediately looked at the opposite side to see Manik sitting like her and reading the book she was reading before sleeping . 

" Thanks to the book , it was interesting , and was thick enough . " He said and gave the book back to her , she took the book and asked " Didn't you go back to the hospital ? Why are you here ?"   

" Things has been settled down . I came in to get out of the rain ." he said and Nandini nodded at him , when manik noticed sweat droplets over her forehead and chin , he chuckled and then picked out his handkerchief and gave it to her to wipe her sweat off , she blushed a little at this and wiped the sweat and said " What a coincidence ! " 

" Its not a coincidence . I am here for you . " He said truthfully to her . 

" What's wrong . " Nandini asked him . 

" Nothing wrong . I just want to ask you . How is the recovery going . " he asked . Nandini looked at him expecting him  to speak something else from what he just spoke , but the she said " It's much better . I walked most of the streets carrying my toy box today " Manik looked at her with stern gaze as she was told not to pick stuffs , she bit her lips after realizing what she said and to safe from his angry gaze she said " I still remember your advice . It was not heavy at all , Its true , Just some toys and decoration items . " Manik listened her explanation but didn't said to her something , he just huffed and looked at the other side . 

Nandini sighed looking at him and then her gaze fell on her phone and she checked the time and her eyes widened and she said" Ohh no I overslept . I have to go to supermarket in hurry . My parents are going to come over tonight "  

She started to get up , while manik looked at her and he to get up from the position and said " I will give you ride . " which was immediately denied by Nandini as she said " No thanks , I can take a cab . " But manik was Manik , he ignored her words and pucked her bag from the floor and started walking fast , nandini shouted at him , but he just walked fast so nandini have to run behind him catching the speed . 

----  

Nandini opened the door of her house for Manik to let him enter in as he was holding the grocery bag . Manik entered the house , and kept the bag on near the Dining table meanwhile Nandini closed the door , and Manik looked at him and said " I will leave now . "

" Have Water , first . " She said , and started to pour out water for him in glass when manik said " No , thank you , Go ahead with your work . " and he started to leave when she remembered something and she said " Wait . " and started shuffling through her bag and picked out a thing and gave it to him saying " This is for you . I know you have different cases and you can differentiate  them buy using these , as this will be more convenient as you can label them.  " 

Manik looked at the thing which she gave him , as that were sticky bookmarks of various stuffs toys drawn on it , and he was looking at bookmarks only , while she continued saying " Thanks to your care all the time . Thank you ."

Manik looked at her and said " We are friends , I should take care of you . "  

" I want to know ... umm... Why do you want to make friends with me ? " She asked with hesitation , Manik looked at her and asked " So I can't make friends with you ? " 

" No... I just want to say , we met through surgery , And we don't know each other before . And you are still willing to help me " As nandini was saying this Manik glanced at her bag where the familiar blue star was hanging . 

As she was speaking , the only thing which was playing in manik's mind was how the girl saved him while crossing the road in the childhood.  { His memory in chapter 8 and the down memory is its continuation .}

" Watch out , you should pay more attention when the traffic lights are on . " the little girl said holding his hand . Little manik looked at her and then at her hand , the girl too looked where he was looking at immediately left his arm and said " I am sorry " 

And then the girl moved a little close to him and just kept her hand on his shoulder , and said " Just cry if you want , My mom told me not to suppress your feelings when you are sad . " Not knowing how she got to know that he is sad , but she said these things to him and like this was the final stone which was needed to be kept aside to let manik overflow his emotions , he just hugged the little girl standing in the middle of the street in the heavy downpour crying his heart out . While the little girl just patted his back . 

After a while they both got settled on the bench near by , while Manik was continuously crying and the girl looked at him and then picked out two things  from her bag and forwarded only to him , It was a star , a yellow star .

" I made this by myself , It will absorb all your unhappiness , then it will turn it into happiness and release it . If you are unhappy in future , just tell it and you will became happy . " she said forwarding the little star to him , but he was not reacting so she just stuffed the star in his hand and said " Trust me , it works . "  Manik looked at the star and kept it close to his heart and got up to see the girl leaving when he shout " What's your name " But that was not listened by her and manik just saw a similar  blue star hanging to her bag like she gave him .

{ Size of both the star is very small its like a keychain , and this was the only star which is hanging on Nandini's bag , as said in chapter 1 too . } 

Manik moved his mind out of his memories and looked at nandini and said " If i said we had met before "

" Really ? When? " Nandini asked him with a shock for which manik smiled and said " I can't tell you now . I just can tell you , You helped me before . "

" Don't keep me in suspense . What is going on , tell me ? " She asked him again but manik just smiled at her and shoved the bookmarks in his pocket and said " See you " 

As manik was leaving and Nandini following him till the door the door opened shocking both of them as Pragya said " Nandu , we are back . " 

Pragya and Abhishek both looked at Manik and Nandini , while the same condition was of manan too , composing herself pragya asked " Manik , when did you came ? " 

" Hello ." not able to know what to say Manik just greeted them and they responded to him , and Pragya held Nandini's hand and said " Please come inside , have a seat . " 

" Mom , Dr. Manik is  leaving . " Nandini said , Pragya made a bad face and said " Ahha , you should give your guest a warm welcome , not to let them leave the house . " As she said this she looked back at her husband to make him agree of what she was saying and he nodded at them and manik said " No , Aunty , I am leaving ."

" No . no . No . Stay here , We didn't thank you properly last time . Its in our destiny to meet , Just stay here for dinner  . " pragya said and started dragging manik inside while Abhishek just agreeing to them followed them keeping the things they bought on the dinning table . 

While Nandini was looking at them like ' what the hell is happening 'and on the other side Manik was looking at Nandini indicating her to save him . While Nandini with a sigh just shut the door .

After  some time they all got settled on the dinning table having dinner , while Pragya was full concentrating on serving Manik all the things she made for him , specially the non-veg items . They were continuously serving him leaving no empty space on his plate for which Nandini said " Mom , dad , You should let him finish the food first . " they both chuckled at it , while Manik Thanked them and everyone started eating . 

Pragaya looked at both Manik and Nandini eating silently and looking so perfect with each other that she asked  " So Are you dating now ? "      

Manik just chocked on his food listening this and started coughing while Nandini forwarded him a glass of water and said " Mom , we are just friends . " 

" It's fine , friends can go further , Am I right Dr Manik " She asked Manik who was drinking water but didn't said anything , while Abhishek said " That's right , Manik , As you get along with her , you will know it , She is very confident and aspirant . But a little bit suttborn sometimes . please take good care of her in future . " Nandini just looked at her parents dumbly while manik chuckled and said " I will " 

" Manik , what does your parents do ? " Pragya asked .

" My dad runs his own company , My mom .. is dead " As he said this the whole table grew silent and Nandini looked at him , Pragya apologized for what she asked and manik said " It's okay , She died , when i was a kid . It was the hardest time for me . Luckily there was one person  , helped me to get over my pain ." he said slightly looked at Nandini , and then after changing the topic they continued the dinner . 

----

On the other Side , Arayaman showed Aliya a rented flat to live which she liked but their was time to shift her things from a hotel to the flat , they both returned to Arayaman's house where Aliya cooked food and served it on the dining table while Arayaman looked at her .

" What are you looking at . " aliya asked bringing him out of his trance .

" you can cook now ." Arayaman said with a smile , and Aliya chuckled and served them food and said " Yeah , you think I just a rich model , you need to learn everything when you are out by yourself "

They both continued talking , Mainly aliya as she was telling him about her struggles and Also said that she will do not anything improper in future , for which arayman nodded and said " Above all , Don't hurt Nandini . " As Nandini's came out of his lips , Aliya curled her palm in a tight fist controlling her anger and just nodded at him And they both continued their dinner .   

***

Chapter 14 ♥

How was it ..

Hope you guys liked it . 

What was the most favorite  part in today's update.

Precap : Studio And Face-OFF 

Do try the story 'Instagram Love ' On my second account Speaking_love

Thank You 

Love . 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 7.7K 50
Separated by the destiny, connected by their hearts! Their story was like a half crescent moon, Incomplete, yet Beautiful! Dive into this romantic sa...
70.6K 3.1K 7
A series of short stories, featuring Manik/Parth and Nandini/Niti as protagonists. ❤ List of stories:- 1. A Day With Me (2/2) 2. It's Never Too Late...
838K 43K 69
Love is just a 4 letter word but a very precious feeling in the world but still a few fail to understand the true meaning behind it. A similar thing...
107K 5.4K 36
Her calm creates chaos in him His behaviour is something she can't tolerate but they don't know when they become part of each other's life and all...