Carousel

By tomhollanduk

Venetia Nightingale, a successful actress, navigates the glitz and glamour of a lesser-known but star-studded... More

March 18, 2022
Behind The Flashing Lights
Unexpected Apartments and Familiar Kisses
April 4, 2022
The Unexpected Partner
Groceries and Whispered Desires
Vulnerabilities at the Dinner Table
April 5, 2022
Unveiling the Dark Side of Fame
Mirrors and Smoke
Fragments of Love and Uncertainty
The Balancing Act of Stardom and Pending Motherhood
Embracing Uncertainty
May 1, 2022
The First Monday in May
Shadows of Morning Sickness and Golf Course Revelations
Airport Candids

A Nighttime Interruption

14.6K 411 99
By tomhollanduk

APRIL 28, 2022

The blaring sound of Venetia's alarm pierces the air, cutting through the heavy stillness of the morning. She blinks her eyes open, disoriented and groggy, her body heavy with fatigue and nausea.

With a deep sigh, she stretches her aching muscles, feeling the twinge of soreness in her arms and legs. It's a stark reminder of the long hours she put in on set the day before, the physical toll of her craft. Slowly, she drags her feet across the plush carpet, relishing the softness beneath her soles.

She makes her way to the kitchen, the scent of fresh coffee and toast filling the room. Tom is already there, helping himself to a bowl of cereal, his back to her. She watches him for a moment, the familiar shape of his body bringing a sense of comfort.

"Good morning," Tom greets Venetia with a warm smile, the corners of his eyes crinkling as he leans over to kiss her cheek.

Venetia's response is muffled by a yawn, her voice thick with sleep.

Tom chuckles at her grogginess, the sound echoing in the cosy kitchen as he turns to pour himself a bowl of cereal. Venetia watches as he deftly pours milk over the crispy flakes, the clinking of the spoon against the bowl a comforting sound. She craves something more substantial and opts for crumpets and tea, the thought of the warm, buttery bread and fragrant tea coaxing her out of her drowsiness.

Venetia's hair is a wild tangle of curls, and she's still wearing the oversized t-shirt and shorts she slept in. Tom, on the other hand, is wearing a plain white t-shirt, as well as loose-fitting sweatpants, looking every bit the part of a laid-back actor.

As they eat, Venetia's eyes droop with fatigue, but her spirits lift as she savours the taste of her tea. Tom breaks the silence, "You look like you could use some more sleep," he says, concerned.

In return, she just shrugs and takes another sip of her tea.

"I know, but we have a long day ahead of us. Might as well fuel up now," she says with a small smile.

Venetia and Tom sit across from each other at the small wooden table, their morning routine a comfortable familiarity.

She takes a sip of tea, feeling the warmth spread through her body.

"What's on the agenda for today anyway? Are you back filming in public?" she asks, breaking the peaceful silence that had enveloped them.

Tom sets down his glass of orange juice and rubs his eyes, his mind still foggy from the early wake-up call.

"I have a scene where Danny gets fucked up the arse. I've got to speak to an intimacy coordinator who wants to make sure I'm comfortable, but I'm game."

Venetia nods in understanding, knowing how seriously Tom takes his craft.

"Do you want me there for your first gay sex role or-"

He cuts her off.

"Nah, it's just acting. I'll be alright."

"Fair enough. Anyway, I'm going to head to the cafe for lunch later. Do you want me to bring anything back for you?" She asks.

Tom shakes his head.

"Nah mate, I'm good. I'll probably grab something the way. The town we're filming in this afternoon has a lot of cafes."

They continue to chat, the sound of their voices mingling with the gentle clinking of silverware against the bowl.

The soft morning light filters through the window, casting a warm glow over the kitchen. In this moment, all that matters is the simple joy of each other's company.

After breakfast Venetia wanders into the living area of their production accommodation that's fit for Hollywood royalty.

Their apartment has become a sanctuary, a cocoon from the outside world. The cream walls were adorned with a collage of posters and photographs, snapshots of life on and off the set. A vintage velvet armchair sat in the corner, a perfect spot for Venetia to sit and read her script. She could feel the texture of the velvet under her fingers, the softness of the worn fabric.

Tom emerged from the bedroom, dressed in gym clothes and a beanie.

"Right, I'm off to the gym," he announced. Venetia smiled, knowing how much he enjoyed his morning workouts.

"Have a good one," she replied, before settling back into her script.

She was lost in her lines, the words flowing from her lips in a soft whisper. She rehearsed the scenes, each word a mantra, a prayer to the acting gods.

*

After a gruelling hour at the gym, Tom walks to the sound stage feeling a mix of exhaustion and exhilaration.

His arms and legs ache, and his clothes are soaked with sweat, but he feels a sense of accomplishment. It's been a while since he's been this dedicated to his workout routine, but he knows it will help him get into character for the upcoming scene.

"Tom, over here!" Akiva waves him over to where he's standing with the rest of the crew. "How are you feeling?"

Tom approaches him, still feeling a bit jittery.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just a bit nervous."

Akiva nods understandingly.

"For sure. I'll let Mona know. We all believe in you, Tom. Just remember to stay in character and let yourself go."

Tom nods, taking a deep breath.

"Got it. Let's do this."

Once he's in his dressing room, Tom takes a quick shower and changes into a fresh set of clothes and sits down at the small table in the corner of the room.

As he looks over the screenplay, reading the paragraph where it's revealed to the audience that Ariana has been Danny the entire time, Tom starts to feel a sense of excitement. He knows this scene will be challenging, but he's ready for it. He's confident in his abilities as an actor, and he trusts everybody involved. He finishes going over his lines and steps out of the dressing room.

He walks over to the set that's been created within the past couple of days, and Tom sees the red and white barn which is his character's trigger. The set designers have done an incredible job of making it look authentic. Tom can't help but feel a sense of foreboding.

"Okay, everyone, we're ready to roll!" Mona, the director, calls out to the crew. "Tom, take your position."

Tom walks over to where he needs to be, feeling the weight of the scene on his shoulders. He looks around at the actors playing the other drug users, taking in their ragged appearances and vacant expressions.

"Action!" Mona shouts, and the scene begins.

Tom starts to speak his lines, feeling his heart rate increase as Elijah Virdee-Jones, who plays Jerome, Ariana's lover, leans into his body from behind. He takes a deep breath and focuses on his character, letting himself go. He can hear his own voice slurring slightly.

It feels silly, and maybe it is, but this side of acting is what Tom's more accustomed too - which unfortunately is the type of acting Sony and Marvel dislike. He reckons any day now Amy Pascal will turn up at his apartment demanding him to take on another kid's franchise. Then again, he plans on telling the world next year about his sobriety. Maybe it will help promo for the show... Or it'll ruin his career. Either way, he reckons Marvel will fire him for being a liability and drunk. He doesn't care though.

He looks up and sees his directors and producers watching him closely, his eyes filled with approval.

"That's it, Tom, keep going," Mona encourages him. "You're doing great."

Tom feels a surge of adrenaline as he continues with the scene, giving it everything he's got. Well, in this case he play pretends receiving it. He can hear the other Elijah grunting. He tries to keep himself composed, but breaks into a laugh as it gets a bit too much for him.

Finally, the scene ends, and Mona calls "Cut!"

The actor takes a deep breath and looks at Elijah who is also laughing. They slump over, looking like they've been through a war.

"Good job, everyone," Mona says, clapping his hands. "If you're both comfortable... I'd like to do a few more takes."

Tom nods, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. He knows he's done well, and he's grateful for their guidance and support.

*

Meanwhile, as the hustle and bustle of the film set starts to overwhelm her, Venetia decides to take a much-needed break.

She hails a taxi and directs the driver to a quaint cafe a few blocks away. The gentle hum of chatter and clinking of silverware create a soothing atmosphere, providing a welcome reprieve from the chaos of the set.

After perusing the menu, Venetia decides on a refreshing salad, and as she waits for her meal, she takes out her phone and opens Getty Images.

She begins scrolling through the latest photos of Tom on the set of 'The Crowded Room'. As she scrolls, she marvels at the vibrant colours of his seventies attire and how 'normal' he looks in comparison to the darker, moodier shots. She can't resist saving a few watermarked photos and sends them to Tom in a text.

[13:23] Venetia: Isn't Danny supposed to be moody?

As Tom readies himself for his next scene, his phone vibrates with Venetia's message.

He grins at the sight of the photos and quickly replies, feeling grateful for her support amidst the stress of filming.

[13:31] Tom: Don't worry, he is! x

Meanwhile, Venetia finishes her salad and, feeling reinvigorated, heads back to the set to continue the production.

*

After a long day, Venetia and Tom made their way to the kitchen where the tantalising aroma of their dinner wafted through the air.

The centrepiece of the meal was a succulent roast beef, slow-cooked to perfection and garnished with a medley of fragrant herbs.

Venetia sliced through the tender meat, revealing a mouth-watering brown centre that glistened with juices. The rich, savoury aroma filled the room and tickled Tom's nostrils, making his mouth water in anticipation. The meat practically melted in their mouths, releasing a burst of flavour that was both complex and comforting.

As Venetia savoured each bite of the beef, she also enjoyed a crisp, refreshing glass of water. Tom notices and cracks a smile.

"Not in the mood for wine, again?" Venetia scrunches up her face and shrugs her shoulders upwards.

"It's too hot to drink," she softly says, avoiding eye contact with him.

He doesn't think anything of it.

"Since when did you become an incredible cook?!" Tom exclaims, savouring the flavours with relish. Venetia cracks a smile, putting down her glass. Tom sighs. "I mean... I can't wrap my mind around how delicious this meal is."

Venetia smiles coyly, twirling her fork around her fingers.

"Well, I have a few tricks up my sleeve," she teases, enjoying the flirtatious banter.

The flavours mingle in their mouths, creating a symphony of taste and sensation that leaves them feeling satisfied and content after every bite.

"I could get used to this," Tom says, raising his glass in a toast. "Late night dinners and small talk. What more could a man ask for?"

Venetia clinks her glass against his glass of squash, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Well, I think there might be a few more things on your list," she teased, her tone flirty and playful. "But for now, let's just enjoy the moment."

And they did.

*

APRIL 29, 2022

The aroma of roasted chicken and potatoes still lingers in the air as Venetia and Tom lay in bed, their bellies contentedly full.

Venetia's eyelids droop with exhaustion, but her heart races with excitement and desire. The warmth of Tom's body next to hers sends a shiver down her spine, and she can feel her pulse quickening with every breath she takes.

They nestle into the softness of the covers, their bodies intertwined, their limbs entangled. The soft glow of the bedside lamp casts a warm and inviting light over them, creating an atmosphere of intimacy and love.

Venetia rests her head on Tom's chest, listening to the steady thump of his heart, feeling his warm breath against her skin. She feels so safe and secure in his embrace, so loved and cherished.

Tom strokes her hair, his fingers playing with the strands as they talk about their hopes and dreams. Venetia can see the love and passion in his eyes, and she knows that she is the only one for him.

"I love you," Tom whispers, his voice soft and tender.

"I love you too," Venetia replies, her voice barely above a whisper.

They kiss, their lips locking in a slow and passionate embrace. Venetia feels a surge of desire course through her body, her heart pounding in her chest. She wants Tom more than anything, and she knows that he feels the same way.

As they fall asleep, wrapped in each other's arms, they are overwhelmed with a sense of peace and contentment. However, Venetia is jolted awake by the blaring sound of her phone.

She fumbles for it, barely able to see through the sleepiness in her eyes. The caller ID reads 'Invicta'. She hesitates for a moment before answering.

"What the fuck, Invicta?" she says groggily.

"I need to see you," Invicta's voice sounds urgent.

She looks at the clock, it's 2:37 am.

"Jesus, it's the middle of the night. Can't this wait until morning?" she asks, trying to stifle a yawn.

"No, it can't wait. Please, Venetia, I need to talk to you," the British woman pleads.

Venetia sighs, knowing full well how stubborn her father's assistant can be.

"Okay, okay. Whatever. Just give me a minute to wake up fully, yeah. Whereabouts are you?"

"I'm outside your building. I took an Uber over here," Invicta says quickly.

"What? Invicta, you can't just show up unannounced like this," Venetia exclaims, suddenly feeling self-conscious in her rumpled pyjamas.

"I know, I'm sorry. But please, Venetia, just let me in. I promise I won't take up too much of your time," Invicta says.

Venetia glances over at Tom, who is now awake and looking at her with concern. She mouths "dad's bitch" to him and he nods understandingly.

"Fine. Uh... Just give us a few minutes," Venetia says before hanging up abruptly.

She quickly changes into some more presentable clothes and combs her fingers through her tousled hair. As she walks towards the door, she takes a deep breath and tries to prepare herself for whatever it is that Invicta wants to talk about.

When she opens the door, her father's assistant barges in.

Venetia gazes upon her father's assistant. She used to be is apprentice, but now it seems likely she'll become her step-mother at some point. It angers her because she's only five years older than she is. Her, Casper and Invicta could be mistaken for siblings – it disgusts her.

Even now, completely flabbergasted by her sudden appearance, Venetia can't help but feel a twinge of envy.

Invicta, with her striking figure and natural beauty, is a woman who commands attention wherever she goes. Venetia admires Invicta's confidence and self-assurance, but she can't help feeling resentful of Invicta's effortless grace and poise.

Invicta, on the other hand, is the epitome of elegance as she stands before Venetia, her posture erect and her speech measured. Venetia notices the impeccable fashion sense of her assistant, who seemed to know exactly how to dress for any occasion. Jealous, again.

But despite her father's "assistant" many successes, Venetia can't help but feel a little annoyed by Invicta's insistence on wearing makeup. Venetia has always been a firm believer in natural beauty and has often chided Invicta for what she saw as a frivolous expense. But Invicta, with her natural beauty and striking features, seems to effortlessly pull off any look, whether it's a bold red lip or a cat eye.

Venetia longs to be as confident and fearless as Invicta, but she knows that it would take time and effort to build the kind of self-assurance that Invicta exuded.

For now, though, Venetia is beyond fucked off.

"You need to explain how the fuck you got my address. What's going on? Why did you have to come here in the middle of the night? Did you finally kill dad to secure your inheritance?" Venetia asks, trying to keep her voice calm.

"So those photos of you two being lovebirds are true then, huh?" Invicta hits back.

Venetia feels a knot form in her stomach. She knows exactly what photos Invicta is talking about. Those photos that have been swirling around the internet for the past few weeks...

Those photos she forgot her family can see at any given time.

"It really isn't anyone's business apart from mine and Tom's. We're not letting psychotic fangirls with parasocial tendencies ruin what we've got going on," Venetia says firmly.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner? Your father has Daily Mail bullshit for weeks now. I personally made sure that your reputation won't get damaged," Venetia scoffs.

"And yet... I've seen every single bullshit headline. Jesus, Invicta. Why did you get involved? You and Luther have made it so much worse. People are starting to believe that we're PR. What if we want to reveal to the world we're dating? Then what, Invicta? They made it ten times fucking worse and you know it."

"At least I stopped your father from thinking you're getting caught up in the Hollywood lifestyle and that it's going to ruin your life," Invicta says, her voice cracking with emotion. However, she doesn't shed a single tear.

Venetia feels a wave of frustration wash over her. Before catching her father shove his tongue down her throat – she respected Invicta. Now when she looks at her, all she sees is someone who fucked her way to the very top.

"As a grown woman I think I'm capable of handling my life, thank you very much. And as for the Hollywood lifestyle, it's not like I'm partying every night. I'm working hard, just like everyone else on that set. Jesus fucking Christ."

"You didn't even bother telling us that you're back with Tom. You didn't even tell me, Maze. I'm your friend... You're supposed to tell me this shit," Invicta laughs.

Venetia feels a pang of guilt.

Venetia puffs her cheeks outwards and shrugs. She has no idea what she's doing. She's just so tired, full and... Unbothered.

"I need to sit down."

Invicta follows her Venetia through the door of the production accommodation and immediately feels a sense of claustrophobia. The air is thick with the smell of beef and cigarettes, and she wrinkles her nose in disgust.

She looks around, taking in the decor. The walls are bare, and there is little in the way of decoration.

Invicta can't help but feel a pang of disappointment for the actress. Venetia is only twenty-five, and yet here she is, living in this dingy little apartment with her ex-boyfriend. She doesn't see its charm like Venetia does.

"Would it be the end of the world if you met up with him? Luther is your dad and he loves you," Invicta queries.

Venetia childishly scoffs, "How much is he paying you to be here? Don't shake your head and bullshit me – he pays me and Casper to visit him when elections are coming up. Is it still nineteen grand per trip?"

Invicta pouts her lips together, knowing that she can't answer that question without telling the truth.

"I think it's best if you'd leave," Tom chimes in. Venetia slightly nods her head in agreement.

"He loves you, Venetia. He always talks about his little girl. You don't realise how much you mean to him," Invicta leans across the sofa and nudges Venetia's thigh. "You haven't seen them since January and... I think it'll be good if you behaved like a normal person for once in your extravagant life and reintroduced Tom."

Panic settles on Tom's face. He isn't ready to face her parents - not yet at least. After the breakup he got rejected from a suspicious number of roles for a year afterwards. He knew that her father must've paid someone off and put him on a temporary blacklist.

Invicta notices his glum expression and laughs, "Luther doesn't hate you anymore. In fact, we watched that druggie film you did last week. Honestly, they'd be delighted to see you."

"Oh, how fucking delightful! My father and his mistress watched a film of my partner pretending to cum in a fucking port-a-potty!"

Tom stays silent, which is undoubtedly the best thing he can do right now. He wants to laugh, but he manages to conceal the urge.

"Just-" Invicta presses her fingertips together and bows her head downwards, as if she's about to take part in a holy prayer. "Just have dinner with Luther. That's all he wants. I'm sure if you explain that you're happy... He'd stop being up my arse for information about you."

"Fine. Whatever. You win. Go and arrange a fancy dinner with dad."

Invicta nods her head through a relieved smile, Venetia might have a new surname but she's still as stubborn as a Vose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 91 12
tomhollandxreader trying out this fanfic... hope you like! check out instagram: @thetomhollandfanpage
205K 5K 31
tom fell in love with his best friend the day she decided to get married plot created by @capechaser tom holland x fem!oc marvel
287K 3.4K 29
⚠️ PSA: THIS BOOK IS INACTIVE! ⚠️ I am no longer writing for Tom since I have moved on to other things. You can find my other future works on Tumblr...
67.2K 1.1K 30
Tom walks forward, your back hitting the wall, he then pulled away with a dark look on his face as he brings his lips closer to your ear "I love you...