Two Birds [S.Uris]

By strawbadoobee

Chapter one and two in one book! Chapter one completed Chapter two is completed "I don't know if I like you o... More

๐šƒ๐š†๐™พ ๐™ฑ๐™ธ๐š๐™ณ๐š‚
I. Last Day of School
II. Trashbag
III. Henry Bowers
IV. Sleeping at Stan's
V. The Barrens
VI. Lie or Die
VII. Returning the Favor
VIII. Quarry Quarrel
IX. Miss Me?
X. Cleaners' Club
XI. Rock War
XII. 4/7/89
XIII. Attacked in Bill's Garage
XIV. Drowning
XV. Two Fallen
XVI. Invitation
XVIII. Open Your Window, Dumbass
XIX. Back At The Old House
XX. You're Okay
XXI. Forgiving
XXII. It's gone
XXIII. Blood Oath
Chapter Two Cast
I. Stanley Takes a Bath
II. Restaurant Reunion
III. Don't Leave
IV. Hallucinations
V. Losers' Clubhouse
VI. The Bird Book
VII. You Let Me Die
VIII. Spider Stan
IX. Burning Tokens
X. Stanley?
XI. Goodbye, Eddie
XII. We Won
XIII. Phone Call
XIV. EPILOGUE
Authors Note

XVII. Bar Mitzvah

1.9K 72 54
By strawbadoobee

July 13 1989
Stanley's birthday and Bar Mitzvah

"Fleur, calm down. We'll just say we're going to Chloe's party." Adelia says, tying the blonde's hair in a half up- half down way. "Yeah, And i'm dressed up all nice and you're dressed like usual." Fleur rolls her eyes, sighing.

"Fleur, you really shouldn't worry too much. We'll just say we're gonna stop by mine to get me ready. He won't know. He trusts you more now ever since I've come back." Adelia hands the blonde some mascara, which Fleur quickly applies. "Yeah, and I'm just gonna make all that trust disappear because of me wanting to go to Stanley's Bar Mitzvah."

Fleur spins around, putting the cap back on the mascara and giving her a friend a look. "Remember what Richie said? He said don't break that poor kid's heart. Now, are we done here? You're gonna be late." Adelia chuckles, grabbing the girl's arm and pulling her downstairs.

"Hey, Arthritis! We're going over to Chloe Garcia's party." Adelia calls out, running down the steps with the blonde. "Woah, Fleur. Don't you think you overdressed?" He asks, widening his eyes. "It's a formal party. We're gonna swing by my house so I could get ready." Adelia cuts in, smiling innocently.

"Alright, have fun then. Need a ride?" Arthur asks. "Nope! That won't be necessary. See ya!" Fleur quickly says, running out the door. "I'm not ready. I haven't seen Stanley in like two weeks and it's gonna be awkward and- I cant handle that-"

"Fleur! Stop being a dumbass bitch and get on the bike. I'll leave you once we get there." Fleur doesn't speak. She simply nods and gets onto her bike. It looked quite ridiculous. A girl dressed in a beautiful purple dress, riding her bike along the dirty streets of Derry, Maine.

••••

"Well, here we are, Ms. Uris." Addy smirks at her friend, causing the blonde to smack her arm. "You know what? I will fucking slap you." Fleur threatens, yet feels butterflies inside. "Go ahead. Your boyfriend's waiting at the door." Adelia points behind the girl. There he was. Stanley was standing right at the entrance, nervously standing and watching the blonde.

"Wish me luck." Fleur smiles, then waves goodbye to her friend. As she gets closer to the curly headed boy, she starts feeling more nervous. She stops right in front of him, standing quietly.

Stanley looks down at her purple dress for a moment, then clears his throat. "Hey- Hey Fleur." He greets nervously, his cheeks rosy. "Hey, Stan. I got you this. I mean, I've never been to one of these before so I didn't know what to get you. Happy birthday." She purses her lips, handing him a small book. The book was filled with little drawings of birds the girl had drawn based off memory and watching the birds outside.

Stanley opens it, smiling at every painting and drawing. "I'm not much of an artist, but it's the thought that counts, right?" She chuckles, scratching the back of her neck. "It's amazing. Thanks so much, Fleur." Stanley says, giving the girl a huge hug. "Um- you're really pretty today, Fleur." Stanley says, anxiously scratching his head.

"You look pretty too, Stan." Fleur jokes, feeling her cheeks flush red. "That compliment is much appreciated." Well, I have to go prepare. Richie's inside. You can go sit beside him there." Stanley says, motioning to the other room ahead of them. "Yeah. Alright, I'll see you."

The boy leaves, leaving Fleur alone. The blonde sighs, studying all the formal wear of the other guests. Some looked similar to Stanley, some not so much. Entering the room, she hears Richie call out to her. "Fleur! Over here!" He says, waving her over.

She slowly makes her way to him, sitting beside him. "This is my sister, Juliet." Richie motions you the girl sitting beside me. "Oh sorry, did I cut in between you two?" She asks, looking over to the Tozier girl. "No, stay. He's a pain in the ass." Juliet whispers, chuckling. "Tell me about it." Fleur rolls her eyes.

"Richard, Juliet, the ceremony is about to start. So pl- oh! Hello. What's your name?" A woman that looked a lot like Richie asks, looking to the blue eyed girl. "This is Fleur. She's Stanley's girlfriend." Richie states.

"I'm not his girlfriend. I'm Stanley's friend, Mrs. Tozier." Fleur sends the woman an awkward smile. "And Richie's." She adds, placing her arm around the boy. "Well, it's nice to meet you, Fleur." The woman says before taking a seat next to Richie.

Suddenly, Mr. Uris comes on stage, lightly tapping the mic a couple times to get everyone's attention. "Alright, hello everyone and thank you so much for attending this celebration. What is a Bar Mitzvah? A Bar Mitzvah isn't simply reading from the Torah, or saying a few prayers, or partying. It's about a young boy becoming a man. Maturing, if you will. We are here to be celebrate the coming of age of Stanley Uris." On cue, Stanley walks up on stage, looking extremely nervous.

•••••

After what seemed like a Torah reading that lasted forever, Stanley brings the mic closer to himself. "Reflecting on what I just read, I like what it says about indifference. Well, when you're a kid, you think the universe revolves around you. That you'll always be protected and cared for. That you'll always have the same friends as when you were twelve." Stanley glances over at Fleur and Richie for a moment, then looks away.

"Then, one day, something bad happens and.. you realize that's not true. You wake up, suddenly not caring about lives outside your own. Nothing going on outside your front door matters anymore. You separate yourself from anything that might matter to you."

Fleur continues to listen attentively. "Neighbors, family, your friends.. But when you're alone as a kid, the monsters see you as weaker. And they start to come for you and you don't even know they're getting closer until it's too late. So they attack you before you find the truth about what's happening. If any of you open your eyes, If you really care, you would see what we're going through. I guess.." Stanley pauses for a moment.

"Indifference? Is a part of growing up." His father begins to intervene. This speech was going on for much longer than planned. "Stanley.." He warns. "Becoming an adult isn't about being able to vote or being able to drink or drive." Stanley continues.

Mr. Uris tried to grab the microphone, but Stanley pulls away. "Becoming an adult, according to the holy scripture of Derry," He walks down the steps of the platform, not being able to move on any further due to the mic wire. "Is learning not to give a shit." Stanley snaps, dropping the microphone and storming out, leaving his father and the other guests in shock.

Fleur slowly gets up, quickly following the boy out as Richie stands up, clapping slowly. His mother grabs him, pulling him down and leaving the boy disappointed.

"Stan!" Fleur calls out from behind the boy. "Stan, wait up!" Stanley stops walking, spinning around to face the girl, tears in his eyes. "Stan, what you said back there, that was awesome." She smiles sadly, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Yeah, I guess. But this birthday, is the worst. I wanna spend my time with friends! But you and Richie are the only people I still talk to! And I barley even speak to you!" His voice cracks.

"And instead of eating out, I'm in this dump wearing clothes that make me sweat like crazy, and this stupid hat that I only wear around my dad." He lashes out, grabbing his kippah and throwing onto the floor. "This religion is bullshit."

"Stan.. you know you don't mean that-" Fleur begins, but is cut off. "No, Fleur! You're just like everyone else! I'm not what everyone expects me to be,  and I never will be. Life isn't all sunshine a rainbows, and you know it. "This summer has been the worst ever. And no one made it better. Not a single soul." Stanley chokes out, causing a tear to roll down the blonde's cheek.

"I'm glad that's how you feel about me, Stan." She says, turning around, pausing for a moment, then walking off. "Oh, and by the way? Take me off the list of people you talk to." She adds, then leaves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 154 29
Andrea Tyler had always wondered things about her father; his secrets and past life. Moving to his hometown led to her uncovering the truth and horro...
333K 9.2K 29
โshe thrusts her fists against the post and still insists she sees the ghostโž in which she intends to save four ex-best friends from henry bowers, bu...
59.1K 1.3K 17
COMPLETED : Stanley Uris x Reader with bonus alternative ending for IT chapter 2. "Wait!" he calls after me, "Welcome to ...
111K 3.1K 23
โ Kinda funny that a simple sketch could lead to all of this. โž โˆ˜โ—ฆ ใƒŸโ˜† โ—ฆโˆ˜ IN WHICH stanley uris and felicity warrens fall in love during a summer ar...