ᴘʜᴀsᴇs - ʀɪᴄᴋʏ ʙᴏᴡᴇɴ

By brizzebaby

"Think of is as a relationship, without it being a relationship!" "So friends with benefits?" "No. Yes. Kind... More

Phases
Playlist
Act one
Cafés + Bad Ideas

Movie Nights + Yellow Hearts

1.5K 44 13
By brizzebaby

"Nyla"

"Nyla wake up."

I shifted, hoping that my imagination was playing tricks on me. I don't want to get up yet, it feels like I've been asleep for two minutes.

"Nyla get up!"

I hummed hoping that would satisfy my older sister.

"Nyla you said you'd go on a run with me."

"What time is it?" I mumbled hoping I slept a decent amount of time. I'll be honest I didn't fall asleep until around 2 in the morning because I was binge-watching Narnia.

"It's 5:45 and if you don't get up now we'll miss the sunset."

"Aurora I've been sleeping for three hours and you're really going to make me keep my word of running with you."

"Yes. Now get up and get dressed I picked an outfit out. I expect you to be downstairs in 10 minutes."

I saw Aurora by the coffee pot putting the grinds into the filter. She shut the top before starting the machine.

"You're making coffee?"

"No, why would I drink coffee before going running."

"Well, you have the machine on!"

"That's because mom and dad's alarm will be going off in 5 minutes."

"Why do you even know that."

"Enough talking about me let's get running. I'm thinking two miles will be fine for today."

"If I make both miles you're buying me food."

"If it's what motivates you to actually run with me then yes I'll buy you a healthy breakfast."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

💛Ricky💛

💛Ricky💛
Hey Nyla, sorry that I haven't texted you in a few days. I forgot you gave me your number.

Nyla
It's okay!
How is your morning?

💛Ricky💛
A little rough, but I don't want to talk about it.
How is your morning?

Nyla
It's pretty good, I went running this morning with Aurora and then brought home breakfast.

💛Ricky💛
I don't think I'd be very good at running

Nyla
Well skateboarding and running use most of the same muscles so I'm sure you'd be good at running.
Maybe one day I'll have you come running with me.

💛Ricky💛
When pigs fly Nyla.
That will be the only time I'll run.

Nyla
Ricky I will get you to run with me before summer is over.
What are you doing today, do you want to hangout?

💛Ricky💛
I'm going to the skatepark and then going into town to meet up with my friend Big Red for most of the day, but I'll probably be free around four o'clock.

Nyla
Do you what to come over later and watch some movies or something?
My sisters will most likely be here too.

💛Ricky💛
Yeah sure, your family is super nice! I liked talking to them the other night.

Nyla
Great I'll see you later!

Instantly I rushed downstairs to catch my mom before she went to work.
"Mom, can Ricky come over tonight?"

"I thought it was Movie Night?"

"Oh no I forgot about that, maybe I should tell Ricky tomorrow would be better."

"That sounds like a good idea."

"But bringing a friend won't kill anyone."

"Nyla don't assume that you need to check with your sisters."

"Mom everything will be fine. So what's your answer?"

"My answer is yes, but I don't think Isabella will appreciate you breaking tradition. Especially because all of you want to hold on to memories from Florida."

"Fine I will double-check with Aurora and Isabella, but I'm telling you everything will be fine."

"Whatever you say, but don't be surprised when they use this against you."

"Mom you're supposed to give me fake encouragement."

My mom instantly broke into a fit of laughter.
"Who told you that, I'm telling you the truth! Anyways I'm going to the office, I'm going to be super busy today, make sure you at least know Isabella is alive today. I love you!"

"I always make sure she's alive, I love you too."

Hey Soul Sisters💞

Blossom🌸/Starfire🌟🔥
So I might've invited Ricky to join our movie night.

Isabellarella👠
Movie nights are sacred you can't just invite someone to them!

Blossom🌸/Starfire🌟🔥
I know and I'm sorry, but I just want to hang out with him!

Sleeping Beauty💤
Because you like him

Blossom🌸/Starfire🌟🔥
No, I don't🙄

Isabellarella👠
Oh, you so don't deny it.
Aurora you aren't going to comment on how Nyla is breaking sacred Movie Night rules

Sleeping Beauty💤
Actually, I made plans with the neighbor's daughter, so I'm not joining tonight.

Isabellarella👠
W
O
W
You guys just want to break my heart.
You're both fake and I'll never forgive you.

Blossom🌸/Starfire🌟🔥
Stop being dramatic.
Didn't you meet someone at the park?

Isabellarella👠
I don't know what you're talking about.

Sleeping Beauty💤
What!?
You met someone at the skate park!
TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT

Isabellarella👠
There's nothing to tell, Nyla is just starting drama.

Blossom🌸/Starfire🌟🔥
Mmm
Her name is Lizzie and our dear little sister has a crush.

Sleeping Beauty💤
Oh my god! I want to hear more about this  Lizzie.

Isabellarella👠
Oh, would you look at that moms calling me gtg.
I'll talk to Lizzie and then tell you her answer later Nyla.

Blossom🌸/Starfire🌟🔥
Okay, whatever this conversation isn't over.

Sleeping Beauty 💤
Mom didn't even call her did she

Blossom🌸/Starfire🌟🔥
No, moms about to leave for work.

Sleeping Beauty💤
You know I would usually blow Bella's phones up to get more info out of her, but I have to go!

Blossom🌸/Starfire 🌟🔥
Bye-bye, little butterfly!

Sleeping Beauty💤
You need to stop binge-watching Miraculous Ladybug 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Lizzie is here, so we'll be in my room until Ricky gets here."

"Okay!"

I was sat in my room, scrolling through Instagram missing my friends I left behind. Even though most of them suck at texting me back, I still get small updates about what happens down in Florida. I really need to make some more friends here in Utah. The only friend I have is Ricky and though I don't mind that I need a girl to talk to and have sleepovers with. I let out a soft sigh beige leaning my head back on my headboard.

Ring

I opened my eyes not really processing the sound at first. Then I realized it was the doorbell so I quickly went to get it. Sure enough, when I opened the door there stood Ricky. He was wearing a red hoodie with jeans and red vans.

"How are you not dying?"

"I usually wear hoodies a lot." He shrugged.

I stood there astonished at the fact he's not dehydrated after being in 90-degree weather, with a sweatshirt while skateboarding and walking around all day. Then I remembered that he grew up in Utah so he's probably used to the heat. 

"Take a picture."

"You did not just use the cheesy line."

"I did, and I don't regret it."

"You're so corny. You can go up to the "spot" as we call it. First door on the left side, I'll be up in a second I'm just grabbing everyone water." 

"No, I'll wait for you."

"Okay." I said as I grabbed 4 cold water bottles then met up with Ricky in the living room.

"I would race you up the stairs, but knowing my luck I'd fall."

"You'd lose anyway."

"How would I lose if you don't like running?"

"Because I wouldn't let you beat me."

"I would definitely win." "no you wouldn't he said as we made our way past Izzy's 

"Isabella, Ricky is here." I yelled as we passed.

"The movie is probably going to be something with Dave Franco in it." I told Ricky. 

"How do you know?"

"Isabella only picks stuff the Franco siblings are in, and last time it was a Jame Franco movie so she'll most likely pick either Nerve or Now You See It."

The two girls came into the "spot" a few seconds later with the movie Nerve in hands.

I looked at Ricky and laughed at his face when he realized I was right.

"What are you laughing about? " Lizzie questioned. 

"I told Ricky that Isabella would either pick Nerve or Now You See It and I was right."

"What can I say, Dave Franco is hot."

I shook my head at my younger sister, but she's not wrong. The Franco siblings are fine.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"It's kind of a weird how comfortable I am with you." Ricky said out of nowhere, quietly while the movie was playing. 

Head tilted and face scrunched up in confusion I looked away from the tv. Obviously it is a little weird I feel as comfortable with the curly-haired boy as if I've known him for years when truly I just met him a few days ago.

"Not a bad kind of weird, but a good kind" Ricky stuttered out.

"I feel the same, usually it takes me at least a month to be comfortable with new friends."

"Maybe we're soulmates"

Ricky's eyes crinkled slightly as he let out a few soft chuckles.

"Don't laugh, soulmates can be best friends!"

"We just met we aren't exactly best friends yet."

"Well yeah but we will be!"

"Okay Nyla whatever you believe." Ricky teases playfully letting out another laugh.

I playfully rolled my eyes turning back to the movie after his statement.

"Ny, mom's bringing home dinner, but she wants you to go make a salad and set the table for every one us. Also, include plates for Ricky and Lizzie."

"Does mom want me to do it or does she want you to do it?" I ask slightly glaring at my sister.

"My phone never vibrated, what are you talking about?"

"Did you lose it again, that's like the tenth time this week alone."

"Will you call my phone to please Ricky, I don't want to hear Isabella give me a lecture on responsibility like she's the older sister."

Ricky was too busy laughing but handed me his phone so that I could call myself.

I heard the vibration on the couch and Ricky, who was still laughing was checking in between the cushions for it.

"I got it!"

"You're a lifesaver, thank you!"

"Yellow hearts?"

"What are you talking about?"

"My contact name has yellow hearts."

"It's my favorite color and the color of friendship. Anyways will you come down with me so I have someone to talk to while I make the salad."

"Sure thing."

"You're not allergic to any vegetables are you?"

"No."

"Good."

"Lizzie are you allergic to any vegetables?"

"Orange peppers."

"Thank god I asked you because we usually use them in salads!"

"That would have been a disaster." She laughed.

I laughed too before looking at Isabella communicating for her not to do anything wild while we're downstairs.

Ricky stares at me while I was taking all of the ingredients out of the refrigerator.

"So, yellow hearts?"

"You're not going to let that go are you?" I whined, turning around to look at him.

"I dint think I will."

"I just explained to you what they meant! So your imagination must be making you think things aren't what they seem."

"Did you just quote Wizards of Waverly place?"

"What no, why would you think that?"

"You just said things are not what they seem."

I stopped cutting the cucumber and looked at Ricky. "Did I really, I didn't even notice."

"Sure you didn't Nyla, anyways chop chop."

"That was such a horrible pun."

☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆

"She put yellow hearts around my name
I thought they all were the same
To you, what do they really mean
Have you been playing games"

Bri's news
Hello! Sorry it took me so long to update the book, the holidays always stress me out. The chapter will probably be edited sometime before the next chapter, So, sorry if this has spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I feel like it's needed to tell you that Aurora has her as Blossom (Powerpuff girls) and Isabella has her as Starfire (Teen Titans.) Ricky doesn't have a nickname for Nyla yet, just because they only just met a few days ago and haven't really talked. Other than that I hope you have a beautiful day/evening/night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

414K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
68.3K 1.6K 30
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
438K 11.4K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
567K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...