Last Try

Av jensooffs

The neighbours Jennie and Jisoo are stuck in an elevator for hours. By the time they are rescued, their relat... Mer

Introduction
*1*
*2*
*3*
*4*
*5*
*6*
*7*
*8*
*9*
*10*
*11*
*12* 🔞
*13*
*14*
*15*
*16*
*17*
*18*
*19*
*20*
*21*
*22*
*23*
*24* 🔞
*25*
*26*
*27*
*28*
*30*
*31*
*32*
*33*
*34*
*35*
*36*
*37*
*37.5* 🔞
*38*
*39*
*40*
*41*
*42* 🔞
*43*
*44* 🔞
*44.5*
*45*
*46*
*47* 🔞
*48*
*49*
*50*
*51*
*52*
*53*
*54*
*55*
*56*
*57*
*57.1*
*58*
*59*
**60**
**61** 🔞
**62**
**63**
**64** 🔞
**65**
**66**
**67** 🔞
**68**
**69**
**70**
**71**
**72**

*29*

5K 225 106
Av jensooffs

"H-He...He's dead..!" Chaeryeong stated horrified.

"How could this happen..." Yeji was in disbelief.

The hamster was lying lifeless in his cage.

"Maybe he is sleeping." Lisa poked his stomach.

"He looks dead to me. Don't touch corpses Lisa." Chaeyoung swatted her hand away.

"No way..." The tears pricked Yuna's eyes.

"Don't be sad, he is in a better place now." Ryujin commented.

"He was fine minutes ago...." Jisu frowned.

"I know a good vet. He could check on him and look if he really is dead or could still be fixed." Lisa suggested. "I'll give him a call."

Chaeryeong nodded with teary eyes.

Afterwards Jennie and Jisoo returned and informed them about giving their friends a visit. The kids were excited to know it was in the woods and cheered up.

With all the food and kids divided into two cars the J's and twin towers drove to the hut.

On her way Lisa left the hamster in the cage at the doctor's place.

Meanwhile in the other car,

"Did you two fight?" Jennie asked bluntly seeing how distant Yeji and Jisu were.

Jisoo inwardly sighed. Jennie was too straightforward sometimes, the question clearly made them uncomfortable.

"Actually," Jisu thought she should finally come clean with everything.

"No. We are fine." Yeji interrupted, suddenly grabbing Jisu's hand to prove her point.

Jisu tilted her head but Yeji wasn't meeting her eyes.

She never had the chance to talk to Yeji alone recently. They still had some issues to speak about.

How come Jisu feels like she has so much to say but so little actually leaves her tongue.

"Um, how about we listen to an audiobook?" Jisoo tried to lessen the tension.

"Great idea!" Jennie remarked. "Grab my purse I bought a new one."

Jisoo put the cassette in.

The audiobook started with a light melody that had a creepy undertone.

The Exorcist read by the author--

The brunette clicked pause immediately.

"Wrong one Jisoo!"

"Oh my, do you secretly like scary stuff? No way you heard the whole thing without puking or fainting."

Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Stop bringing that up, it was a moment of weakness okay?"

"What's The Exorcist?" Jisu asked.

"Can we listen to it?" Yeji added.

"Ah that's just something boring. I have a story about dogs. It's much more exciting." Jennie took a left turn, following Lisa's car since she knows the directions.

A Dog's Purpose a novel for humans

At last Jisoo picked up the correct one.

The audiobook was narrated by a sarcastic boyish voice.

The dog questioned the point of his and his siblings existence.

Then he spoke about his daily life and began,

When my mother licked my stomach to stimulate the flow of fluids from under my tail--

And Jisoo choked on the air before she started laughing loudly.

"Very mature Jisoo..."

"What dog talks like this!" She kept cackling.

"Can I get a puppy?" Jisu pleaded all of sudden.

"I'll think about it." Jennie answered.

Moving on the raven kept laughing whenever he spoke about his tail, jumping others, sniffing their butts and liquid.

Jennie stopped the book.

"You are in trouble auntie." Yeji sighed.

"I'm not! Right Jen??"

***

"Manoban on the phone yo."

"Yo this is Jisoo. Jennie said she wants to throw me into your car cause I'm disturbing the child friendly atmoshpere over here."

"As expected. I'm parking the car."

"What do you mean as expected.."

"I halted on the side, why do you guys keep driving?"

"Hold on a sec,"

"Well fuc--"

"Jisoo!"

"Well crap."

"What?"

"The brakes are not working. We might die."

"WHAT!?!" Lisa stepped on the pedal and went after Jennie's car.

"What's going?" Chaeyoung questioned and the three in the backseat looked at her with big eyes as well.

"They can't stop!" Lisa explained and managed to keep up with Jennie. She was slightly behind her.

"That must be Seungri's doings!" Ryujin gritted her teeth while Chaeryeong and Yuna had goosebumps.

"Who??" Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows.

***

"Why are you just telling us now!?" Jennie tried to desperately stop the car but it didn't work. Therefore she maneuvered through every car in her way even if she had to cross red lights.

They were convinced Seungri manipulated the car and out of panic confessed everything.

"I-It's my fault..! Don't be mad at Jisu and please don't move to Auckland!" Yeji was holding onto Jisu for dear life. They kept speeding up in the car.

Jisu turned her face to Yeji perplexed. Did she not want to tell them because she thought Jennie would send her away once she considers this place as too dangerous? Well Jisu did mention once to her that Jennie talked about leaving this place for Auckland if Jisu doesn't eat her broccoli.

Jisu chuckled shortly. So that's what was bothering her and made her act weirdly.

"Auckland?" Jennie repeated. "Hmmm"

"Don't even think about it." Jisoo complained.

"I was just joking." Jennie shrugged after giving Jisu and Yeji a mini heart attack.

"Good." Jisoo voiced out nonchalantly.

"I think I'm going to--" Jisu's stomach churned but she choked the nauseous feeling down.

"Yeah me too..." The blood already rushed to Jennie's head, leaving her red.

"Anyways I think we should jump out of the car and roll on the grass." Jisoo suggested.

"Why are you so calm about it?"

"You are too." She stated.

"Huh... I guess I'm used to alarming situations when I'm with you that it even leaves me cold."

"So it's my fault?" Jisoo challenged.

"Before I met you these type of things never happened to me." Jennie pursed her lip.

"Meaning I spiced your life up. You are welcome."

"I'm pretty sure it didn't need to be spiced up this drastically."

"Uwu." Jisoo muttered and pinched Jennie's chubby cheeks that puffed up more and more.

Jennie frowned. "Um why did you just say that."

"You already forgot?" Jisoo squished her fluffy flesh. "You were the one who told me to."

"Ohh." Jennie recalled.

She did say that in the elevator but only because she wanted Jisoo to embarrass herself in front of other people at that time.

"Are they always like this?" Yeji asked Jisu quietly.

Jisu shook her head. "They usually scream. I think their friendship levelled up."

In fact Jisu was extremely surprised. She thought Jennie would be furious about the Seungri thing but instead she is busy talking with Jisoo and doesn't even scold them.

The next time she messes up something she will make sure to call Jisoo over, so her mother forgets about her penalty.

"Aren't they flirting?" Yeji spoke into the car and Jisoo immediately retracted her hand from Jennie.

Yeji's moms get touchy like that too so she knows what flirting is.

But Jisu had no idea. "Friends flirt?"

"I don't know." Yeji muttered unsure. "But lovers do for sure!"

Jisu's eyebrows kept rising to her scalp. She leaned forward, making Jennie nervous. Should she tell her? How would she react?

"Are you two lov--"

BEEP BEEP

BEEP BEEP

Lisa's loud beeping interrupted her question.

"Right we need to stop the car..!" Jisoo reminded.

Jennie turned her hazard lights on to at least warn the other drivers. She already took her foot off the gas pedal and shifted the stick into a low gear.

"Roll all the windows down to create air resistance." The raven suggested.

Jennie did as told and also turned the key in the ignition switch to off.

They were slowing down but they weren't stopping.

"The GPS says there is a cliff!" Yeji pointed to the device on the front.

The likelihood for Jennie to be able to drift without using the brakes in such a slim path is low.

"Mommy drive against the guard rail!" Jisu looked out of the window.

"Nice idea!" Jisoo cheered. "Come on Jen, run along it to slow down."

"But this is my favourite car! It'll be destroyed!" Jennie whined.

"Are you for real now?" Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows.

"Maybe we should jump out after all." Yeji said unimpressed.

"Please don't embarrass me in front of my friend mother." Jisu whisper pleaded.

Jisu only calls her mother when Jennie is acting unreasonable or she is mad at her.

"Bye bye my love." Jennie gave in and bid farewell to her car.

Quickly she turned on the ignition and rolled the windows down, aiming for the barrier. She drove closely alongside until she dared to brush against. Obviously it scratched her vehicle.

A loud squeaky sound and sparkles greeted them.

"Woah that's cool!" Yeji's mouth was wide.

Jennie smirked at her daughter.

"Yeah, yeah. Not embarrassing." Jisu chuckled.

Meanwhile Jisoo was on a phone talk with Lisa. "You see that?"

"Yeah! I'll make sure no other car comes close to you guys!"

"I think I'll be able to drift." Jennie voiced out. Suddenly she was in a serious mode.

"Are you sure?" Jisoo was now beginning to tremble.

Jennie nodded. The adrenaline made her veins pump loudly.

Jisoo grinned, witnessing her determination.

"Go ahead, we have the power of god and anime on our side!"

"I don't watch anime and I don't believe in god." Jennie deadpanned and kept the steering wheel steady until the curve came.

"Aaaaaah!" The kids screamed. They had to hold each other to ease their nerves.

That's when Jisoo realized they were already slowing down. Jennie used the guard rails to slow down with her perfect drift.

***

"I still can't believe Jennie can drive like that." Lisa stated in disbelief.

"Neither can I." Jennie herself agreed.

"It was the power of god and anime. There is no other explanation." Jisoo stated adamantly.

They let Jennie's car be towed away while they squeezed themselves in the backseat of Lisa's car.

Jisoo had Yeji in her lap while Jennie had Jisu in her lap in order to fit with Ryujin, Chaeryeong and Yuna.

"We should have filmed it and uploaded it on YouTube." Lisa giggled. "We would have gotten tons of views."

"Is everyone okay though?" Chaeyoung inquired, receiving a small nod from them. "So what now?"

"We should head to the woods nevertheless and inform Jeongyeon about Seungri." Jisoo stated.

"Nabong will be mad at you for getting her to work and ruin their romantic day." Lisa chuckled.

"I'm irresistible. She will forgive me." Jisoo shrugged.

"You sure about that?" Jennie teased

"Considering the fact I went on dates with my hard to get neighbour?" Jisoo smirked. "Very sure."

Jennie rolled her eyes.

"What neighbour?" Jisu looked at her.

That question again.

Jisoo turned cluelessly to Jennie.

"Guys," Chaeyoung interrupted, making Jennie feel very grateful since she didn't want to throw this on Jisu on a whim. She wanted to carefully explain her.

"I remember hearing about a Seungri before. My boys say he is the one who got the credits from YG." The chipmunk explained.

The wheels in Jennie's head started turning. "He works with YG.... We could see him in court tomorrow..."

"If only we had some proof to take both of them down at once..." Chaeyoung sighed.

"I have some proof." Yeji said nonchalantly, all eyes were on her in an instant.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo raised a brow.

"Remember when we were stalking him?" She asked the kids. "I hid a voice recorder in my pocket and recorded him."

"He was the guy you were stalking in the middle of the night??" Chaeyoung gasped.

"Stalking? Middle of the night?" Jennie asked quizzical.

"What did you record?" Lisa tried to swat her questions aside because she didn't want to get in trouble with her.

Yeji retrieved the recorder from her pocket and pressed play. They listened curiously. It was the guys discussion before they noticed their presence.

"Good job!" Jisoo ruffled her hair. Her monolid eyes squinted happily upon being praised.

At the pace they were going, they would reach the end of the street in ten minutes. Then they would have to walk for like 2 minutes to arrive in the hut.

Lisa opened the car radio while Jennie was busy talking in a commanding tone with someone on her phone. It sounded like she was talking to one of her assisstants about YG.

"We are there." Lisa announced and halted the car.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

171K 9.8K 38
Heiresses Jennie and Jisoo ran away from a blind arranged marriage. They meet on the street and seek shelter in each other, unaware that they were to...
18K 1.1K 8
Lisa and Jennie were both thrilled to finally move into their new apartment (as friends). But the problem starts when their next door neighbour gets...
34.5K 1.4K 32
"May I ask what you're doing in my kitchen?" or Jennie accidentally breaks into Lisa's apartment.
886K 25.8K 105
She's not a graduated woman and has difficulty earning money just to provide for her two sisters. She gave up her dreams just to allow her siblings t...