Tale of Two Hoods (Completed)

By thereallashleynicole

Two different people from two different sides of Atlanta. Kirkwood and Buckhead. The hood and the suburbs. Wh... More

two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty - two
twenty - three
twenty - four
twenty - five
twenty - six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
thirty
thirty - one
thirty - two
thirty - three
thirty - four
thirty - five
thirty - six
thirty - seven
thirty - eight
thirty - nine
forty
forty - one
forty - two
forty - three
forty - four
forty - five
forty - six
forty - seven
NEW BOOK

one

3.6K 73 31
By thereallashleynicole

~Jessica POV

"Oh my baby is growing up so fast." My dad said sitting on the edge of my bed. "Dad this is the third time you've said that today." I said looking up from my phone. "I know it's just, you're a senior now. Seems like yesterday you were starting kindergarten." He said reminiscing. "Well look on the brighter side. You still got a few more years with Adrianna." I said referring to my little sister.

"Yeah. I just wish your mother was here to see you." He said. My mother was away serving her time in the army. She had been gone for about two years now and I miss her everyday. "She will be. She told me she wouldn't miss my graduation for the world. Now let me rest." I laughed hugging him. "Alright, alright. Just promise me you wont let no one get in your way from being the Valedictorian. I need you to be at the top." He smiled. "Goodnight dad." I said pushing him towards my door. "Goodnight Jess." Once I closed my door I cut off my light. I set my alarm for 6:00 a.m.

I couldn't wait to start school and get this year over with. No troubles, just me, my grades and I.

~Isaiah POV

"Ight Auntie I know. You don't have to keep reminding of this bullshit ass school." I scoffed over the phone.

"Well Zay you don't have a choice. With your intelligence and everything you can do, the School of Arts is best for you." She said.

"So what I'm supposed to do if I let my problems get the best of me?"

"I haven't spent all that money on therapy sessions for nothing. Use what they taught you. Control yourself baby." She said.

"Ight auntie. I'm going to bed." I hung up the phone sitting in this empty ass house.

I spent most of my time with my auntie back home in Kirkwood. I grew up in the hood so all this upper class bullshit, I'm not used to. Tomorrow is my first day at a school like this. But it's my only shot to make it where I want to be so why the fuck not.

I turned all the lights off in the house and went upstairs in my room. I took off my shirt and shorts leaving me in my boxer briefs.

**

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.

"Hello." I answered already knowing it was my auntie. She was the only person I talked to. I don't trust nobody else but her. "You was still sleep wasn't you." She said. "I'm up now." I sighed. "Call me when you get to school. You are riding the bus right?" She asked. "Why would I do that if I got a car." I said.

"Just call me when you get there okay." She said. "Yeah ight." I hung up the phone and just laid there looking at the ceiling. "Fuck." I said to myself. I got out my bed making my way to the shower.

After my shower, I wrapped the towel around my waist and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I walked to my closet pulling out a black crew neck, black jeans and black air max. All my clothes are basically black. You might find a little color or something in there but it's rare. After I got dressed, I sprayed some cologne on, grabbed my phone and headphones and my keys.

I walked out to my car and got inside. The school was like a 10 minute drive so it wasn't gonna take that long.

**

I pulled to up the school seeing a whole bunch of people running in the building. I fucking hate people and crowds so this shit already irks me.

~Jessica POV

"Did you hear about that new boy." Mariah said as we entered our first block. "It's the first day Mariah. Everybody is new." I sighed.

"Well yeah I know but like, he's new new. Have you heard about him?"

"Yep. That's all that people seem to be talking about today." I said rolling my eyes. "I don't see what the hype is about." I shrugged. "The hype is that he is fine as hell and word on the street is he sells drugs." She said making a mug come across my face. "So some low life drug dealer is what got y'all all hype this morning. Y'all need to pipe down." I said.

"Good Morning and welcome seniors!" Mr. Walker said walking in. "This is your last first day of high school so let's make it count." He smiled. "I'm not aware of everybody's name yet so I'm gonna call the role. Plus this is a pretty small class so I'll get it soon."

After he finished role he started the class. "Alright. For those who don't know, this is Drama. Literally every assignment or project will be through acting. We have a lot to get done in one semester so we're gonna jump right into our first assignment." He said pulling out a clipboard. "Now w-" He was cut off by a knock at the door. He opened it revealing the principal. "Good morning Mr. Walker." Dr. Richardson, our principal said.

"We have a student new to the area coming from Maynard High." He said making me think. I've heard bad things about that school. I thought to myself. A tall dark skin boy walked in. "This is Isaiah Washington."

"Welcome to the School of Arts Mr. Washington. You're just in time for our first project. Just find an open seat." I looked around seeing that the only open seat was next to me. He walked up to me and just stared. "Are you gonna sit?" I said confused on why he was still standing. "Are you gonna move yo shit?" He said making me look down. "Oh sorry." I said moving my books out the chair. When he sat down, the cologne he was wearing hit me. Not gone lie, he smelled good.

~Isaiah POV

Of course, I got to work with somebody. Some girl walked up to me. "You want to be my partner?" She said with a smile. I could tell she was hoe. She was leaned over my table showing all her titties. "I guess." I said leaning back in my chair. "Move Jessica. Let me sit." She said to the girl sitting next to me. She rolled her eyes and moved. "Now that the partners have been picked, I will assign the project. You all have to reenact a romance scene from any movie or play." He said making the girl next to me smile.

"Of course there will be no kissing." Mr. Walker said. "Now I'll leave you guys to your partners to pick your scene." He said sitting at his desk.

"So what scene do you want to recreate?" She asked. "It don't matter." I said shrugging. "We could do the scene from The Titanic." She said making me shrug.

**

~Jessica POV

The bell for lunch just rung. "That new boy definitely likes me." Mariah said as we sat down at the table. "Likes you?" I said raising a brow. "Yeah. I'm working with him in Drama for the romance scene."

"Mariah how many times have I said you cant fuck every new boy. Haven't we learned that with the last two." I said nonchalantly making everybody at the table laugh. "Whatever. Let's talk about something better, cheerleading tryouts." She smiled. "I already told you I'm not doing that."

"Whyyyyyy." She cried out. "So I can fall into the typical cheerleading stereotype at this school? No thank you. I'll stick to sitting in the stands." I said with a small smile. "Ouu look. There he goes." Mariah said making me look back. He was cute, but a drug dealer is definitely not something I need to associate myself.

"ISAIAH!" Mariah yelled making him look over. She signaled him to sit down next to her. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Giving him a place to sit." Instead of coming to sit down, he walked back out the cafeteria.

" Maybe he didn't hear me."

~Isaiah POV

I don't know why shorty called my name like we was besties or some shit. I walked out to my car and sat inside. "Hey Zay baby wassup?" My auntie said answering the phone. "Fed up already. Ready to go home."

"Well the school day is almost over with, you can hang on."

"Ughh I want to go home. This school is full of preppy ass kids who got it made. All they do is walk around here flexing daddy's money. These mutha fuckas wouldn't last a day in Kirkwood." I scoffed. "Well I could have told you that. It's okay, just wait it out. I'll tell you what, if you get through the day I'll let you go to that place you love."

"You serious auntie?" I asked with a smile

"Yes. But you have got to get through the day."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

Characters Introduced :

Jessica (17)

Isaiah (18)

Mariah (18)

Kevin (50) *Jessica's Father*

Gina (50) *Isaiah's Aunt*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 1.3K 45
what happens when Tezz and jaymeire cross paths ?what if two of the most dangerous thugs combine ?read and find out
106K 3.6K 27
A bunch of Atlanta shit A lil Chicago shit Some hoodrat shit A lil drug shit A little bit of love in this bitch , but most importantly a good ass r...
321K 11.9K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...
21 0 10
After the long war with Salem everyone goes on a break. Everyone goes back home to chill for a while. After the break they all contact each other but...