Unforgettable Second Chances...

By CeruleanBlues

When Raine was just a child, someone had promised her that he would one day come back for her and they would... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (part one)
Chapter 8 (part two)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (part one)
Chapter 10 (part two)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (part one)
Chapter 13 (part two)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (part one)
Chapter 17 (part two)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24 - SPECIAL CAMEO
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Marcus' Wish

Chapter 23

8.2K 241 7
By CeruleanBlues

Hey there guys!

here's chapter 23 and I know you guys must be waiting for a long while especially from the previous chapter's cliffhanger.

I included a special person in this chapter and you'll soon know who it is when you read through out this chapter.

Anyways, I'm quite nervous about asking this of you guys, and well. . . *laughs nervously* my birthday is coming up this saturday on October 20 and I was hoping that it would be a special gift for me to received if you guys would vote this story for the WATTY AWARDS 2012.

SOng of the day: I WON'T GIVE UP by Jayesslee (read through out the chapter and you'll understand why I choose this song)

note: not edited

XOXO

~CeruleanBlues~

==================================================================

RAINE’S POV

“Where is he?” I immediately asked when I saw Fiona, Tyrell and Marcus the next block of the hallway. I went near them quickly while panting.

“Have you been running?” Marcus asked, as he made me lean over him for support and allowed me to sit in one of the chairs in the hallway.

I just gave him a weak smile. “Where is Gregory?” I asked again. No one answered, of course. I turned to faced Fiona since she was the one who informed me of his whereabouts. “Fiona, please tell me what the hell just happened?”

Fiona just gave me a passive look before she answered. “Gregory was going to meet with us,” she gave side way glances at Tyrell and Marcus, “but on his way to Marcus’s office, Gregory encountered a terrible accident,” she said grimly. “The cab he was in just loose it brakes.”

Tears suddenly appeared on my eyes.

I immediately covered my face with both of my hands. I don’t want them to see me crying especially letting them know that I’m crying over for a man who can’t be mine, yet who captured my heart. It was no wonder I can’t seem to forget about him no matter how hard I try.

Gregory was my other half of my soul.

Without him, I would have died a thousand times more in my life.

“Fiona,”  I heard Tyrell sat beside me. I know he was trying to comfort me, and I really appreciate of his concern, but right now, I just wanted to know one thing.

I slowly pulled my hands away from my face and lifted my face. “Tell me. . .,” I stammered, knowing I was still in the state of crying. “Will Gregory be alright?”

Tyrell doesn’t exactly know how to answer the question, although he was saved when a doctor just came out from the emergency room. He look at the four of us before he ask, “Are you family or friends of Mr. Blaire?”

“We’re his friends,” Marcus spoke.

“How is he doctor?” Fiona quickly asked.

I look at the doctor, waiting for his reply to Fiona’s question. I hoped that he would be tell us the good news instead of the bad one. If he doesn’t, I don’t know how my heart could handle such news.

“Mr. Blaire’s condition is now stabilized,” the doctor informed. All of us sighed in relief, at least he is safe from danger. “Although,” he added, which immediately caught our attention.

“ ‘Although’ what doctor?” Tyrell prompted.

The doctor gave us a concerned look whether he should tell us or not. “Well, Mr. Blaire is currently in a coma,” he said calmly.

Gregory’s in comatose state?!

Tyrell put an arm on my shoulder, as if to remind me that he was there by my side to comfort me. “Doctor,” Tyrell said, “Gregory being in a coma isn’t the worst news that you were going to tell us, isn’t it? There is more to what you told us.”

I looked at Tyrell, who only had a calm expression when he told the doctor.

“Being in coma after a car accident is only natural for the victim to be in that state,” Marcus added, then he narrowed hi eyes, “although, it wouldn’t last at least hours for the person to be in that condition.”

I looked at Marcus. “What do you mean?” I asked confused clearly written on my face.

“I believe the doctor would like to explain further about our friend’s condition,” Fiona said quietly.

Seriously, seeing three of my companions looking calm at this certain situation makes me want to envy them. Although, I do admire their sharp senses, especially now.

“Please,” I faced the doctor, “tell us what you know. I need to know what Gregory’s current condition. So please, please tell me,” I pleaded, strugling to keep myself contained and stopping my tears from falling.

The doctor let out a heavy sigh. “Its not actually his physical state that is worst,” the doctor paused before he continued, “its actually his mental state.”

I gave him a confuse look. “W-what do you m-mean?” I stammered slowly.

The doctor didn’t answered immediately.

Then, I heard Fiona gasped. I give her a sideway glance, only to see her looking only at the doctor.

“Are you referring to his psychological mentality?” Fiona asked slowly. The doctor only nodded. “Then that would only mean. . .”

“What?” I instantly asked, while looking at them. I have been asking questions wanting to know what was Gregory’s condition yet, no one would answer me directly. It was as if I was the only one who doesn’t know what was going on, while everyone knows. My patience was already running out, and I hated being left alone with suspense. “What is going on with Gregory’s condition?”

No one answered.

“TELL ME!!!”

“Something in his psychological mind is stopping him from getting back to reality,” Fiona answered grimly before facing me. “Its as if he doesn’t want to wake up and wanted to remain in asleep.”

****     *****   *****

GREGORY’S POV

Where am I?

Why am I only seeing darkness?

What just happened to me?

Then suddenly I remembered everything.

I was going to meet up with Marcus at his office. He said that he wanted to introduced me to some of his friends—or associates, perhaps?— since I didn’t have any plans on the following day. He told me that I should let Rogers drive me to his office but I declined his offer. I wanted to navigate my way through this unfamiliar place, so I’ll have to start using my own independence.

I called out some taxi cab, and told him of my destination. By the time I could see Marcus’s company building—actually, I saw his company’s emblem— something went wrong with the cab I was riding in. The driver panicked since his brakes was out of control, probably there might be a piece of metal that gone loose.

By the time I digested in my mind what was going on, it was already too late. I could only see darkness taken over me, before I heard voices shouting out for help.

Is it possible that I’m already dead?

No it can’t be.

That’s impossible!

I can’t be dead.

I just can’t be!!!

“You aren’t dead yet, my dear.”

There was a voice coming from somewhere. I tried to search for it until I saw a bright light, illuminating the dark. I tried to adjust my eyes from the dimness of the light.

“Who are you?” I asked.

There was a pause before the voice answered back, “Can you not recognised the voice of the person who have given you life?”

The light was coming near, before I could finally registered the words in my mind. Standing before me was none other than Meryl Blaire, who was wearing in a white glowing gown.

“Mother?” I asked surprisingly.

She just smiled before she came near me and cupped my cheek with her hand. “Gregory,” she acknowledge before she pulled me for a hug.

I was caught off guard seeing her, but I managed to return her hug.

“You’ve grown to be such a fine man,” Meryl said softly, as she detached herself from me. “And more mature when it comes to thinking too,” she added.

“Mother,” I said sulkily knowing from the tone of her voice she was still treating me as if I was an eight year old child.

Meryl just laughed, and I couldn’t help myself smile.

“Where is this place anyways?” I managed to ask, remembering the first question I had in mind.

“Gregory, you’re in a place where you will decide your next fate,” she simply replied.

“I’m not sure what you are talking about,” I scratched my head, then winced feeling that I have a bruised on my head. “What do you mean the place where I decide my fate?”

“It means you can either join me or go back to reality,” she answered.

I still don’t know what she means, and wanted her to elaborate. Seeing from my confuse look, she immediately grabbed my hand and lead me to a fountain—wait, did the fountain just magically appeared before us?— where she allowed me to stand beside her.

“Before I’m going to show you something, I wanted to tell you about how I end up marrying your father,” she said.

“But father just told me—

“But not everything,” she intercepted, before she let out a sighed. “I would presume that Greyson already told you that before we met, he was already enagaged, right?”

I nodded.

“We didn’t get along together very well on those few moments that we spend together.”

“Father told me that bad luck was always coming to you and you would blame him for it,” I laughed as I recalled what my father once told me.

“Indeed, that was the truth,” Meryl chuckled, then slightly her faced soften recalling those past memories with her lover. “But that was before, I knew that I was falling for him and something happened.”

I look at my mother and knew she was going to tell me something my father omitted to tell me about.

“Even if Greyson had been engage with another woman, who happens to be a close cousin of mine,” she paused, debating whether to continue or not, still she continued, “We had an affair.”

I gasped. I don’t know which I’m surprised about whether about the story my mother is telling me or a certain history was repeating.

“I know what I did was wrong, so I decided to distant away myself from him. When I went back home few months what had happen to both of us, I found out I was pregnant. I immediately knew that Greyson was the father since he was the only man I have been with. Knowing that he was already engaged with my cousin, I decided to keep it a secret from him since I don’t want to be the reason of a broken relationship.”

Seemingly, Raine’s words came flashing back in my mind. She said the exact same words. I knew right then, why she didn’t want to tell me that she was pregnant because she was afraid that she should be the reason of a broken relationship.

Meaning she doesn’t want to ruin Belle’s marriage with me just because she was pregnant with my child. However, she didn’t know that I already broke my engagement with Belle, who happily admitted that she already knew that Raine and I would soon fall in love with each other.

“When Greyson told me that he broke off the engagement with my cousin, I was furious at first, but then, he proved to me why he did it,” Meryl then look at me, and smiled.

“Because he loves you,” I guessed.

Meryl shook her head. “Because he never gave up on me. Even after so many obstacles are getting in our way, he never gave up to proved his love for me,” she finished, then pointed to her right side, “That path would lead back to reality.”

I followed her direction. “The path that would lead you back to the person who you cherish and love in your life. The path that will lead you back to Raine.”

I was surprise of what she knew. “How did you—

“I know because you are my son,” Meryl answered giving me a smile.

I didn’t know whether I want to question her for further elaboration, but I didn’t. Instead, I keep my mouth shut.

“Gregory, I want you to look at this,” she said and pointed to the water from the fountain.

I looked to where she pointed and found myself lying on the bed. I was covered with bandages and some devices attached to me. Beside me, I saw Raine holding my hand while tears flowing from her eyes. Suddenly, I felt like my gut has been punched.

“You have been in coma for three days,” Meryl informed.

“Three days?!” I said aloud.

I was in coma for three days and I didn’t realize how time fly by so quickly.

“Raine never left by your side since then,” my mother said in a sad tone. “She also have forgotten that a baby is growing inside of her, because all she was thinking about was you. Gregory,”she said as put a hand on my shoulder. “You need to go back to her. Raine needs you.”

I know I should have agree with her but. . .

“I can’t,” I said while giving my mother a sad smile. “I can’t go back to her.”

My mother gave me a confused look. “Why?”

“Because there is nothing for me to look forward of having a future with her, when she can’t love me back,” I replied, as tears was coming out from my eyes. “Mother, she doesn’t love me,” I whispered.

“I beg to differ your answer from Raine,” she said and pointed back at the fountain. “Look closely, and pay attention.”

I look back, and saw Raine.

“Gregory, please don’t give up just yet.”

Raine was crying while holding my hand on both of her hands and place it on her cheek.

“Do you know that I was leaving today?”

She was leaving?

“I was hoping that I could forget about you and everything that happened between us. But I realized running away wasn’t the answer at all. I knew that no matter how much I try to run away from you, I know that everywhere I go, it will always reminds me of you. Gregory, you are my unforgettable second chance to love again and even more.”

I saw her touch her abdomen before letting my hand touch.

“Gregory, I’m pregnant and you are the father of the child. This is the gift of love that we shared, and know this that I will love this child as much as I love his father. Gregory I love you,”

She said that she loves me.

She finally said that she loves me.

I turned to my mother, only to see her smiling at me. “I think you know that Greyson never giving up on me was the reason why I love him. It should be what you are doing for Raine.”

I nodded. “ I won’t give up on her because I love her too much to let her go.”

=====================================================

So what do you guys think?

Oh yeah, if you guys are wondering, I'll be turning 19 this coming saturday on October 20. *smiles*

And yes, if you guys are sensing something like the story is about to end, well your gut feelings proved you right.

This story is about to end. *cries*

So prove your love for this story by voting and sharing me your thoughts through commenting. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...
349 31 12
Marco Lambert and Serena Stewart, two childhood friends who became best friends at an early age, made a lot of memories in their treehouse 'Felicita'...
30.7K 2K 43
COMPLETE✔️ A sequel of Rose Is Back With Roses *Gabrielle Oliver's story* "The man you came with," he paused as she drew in a sharp breath. "Is he yo...
32.5K 679 29
"I admit that I don't deserve you, but you know how greedy I am for you, I am selfish for you. Cause I never wanted to give up on you. I almost lost...