Trial & Error

By themanbeckylynch

After ending a three year relationship abruptly. What happens when Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins see each othe... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
53
54
55

52

1.6K 44 8
By themanbeckylynch

"What do you mean you don't know?" Annette asked as everyone in the room moved closer to them.

"The placenta ruptured and when they forced me out.... B-Becky was pale and I never heard a c-cry." A sob slipped from his lips at the last word. Just about everyone fell silent as Annette's arms moved to wrap around Seth and Holly. Slowly more and more of the others in the room joined in. Nobody moved until the door opened and Ronda walked in with Tyler.

Seth moved from the embrace before he moved to grab Tyler. The older man was silent as he sunk down into one of the chairs. His arms wound tightly around his son, his face burying into the young boys shoulder. Nobody knew what to say or do as they saw tears once again begin to flow down Seth's cheeks. Tyler's arms wound around his fathers neck, the two silently holding each other as the others slowly went back to their seats.

Alexa was the first to move towards Seth. As she sat down next to him her hand immediately moved to run along his back. Charlotte moved to take the seat on the opposite side of him. Her hand gently squeezed his thigh before Tyler's eyes met hers.

"Where's Mum?" The entire room fell silent as nobody knew how to respond to him.

"S-She's having surgery Ty." The young boys head snapped towards his father.

"B-But..." Seth's lips pressed to his sons shoulder. "W-Why...?"

"She was bleeding Ty." As he slowly pulled away Tyler's face moved to bury in his fathers chest. "It'll be alright Ty." Almost as if on cue a doctor walked in.

"Mr. Lopez, could we have a word with you please." Tyler was carefully passed to Charlotte before he stood and walked out of the room with the doctor.

"What is going on?" Seth asked instantly.

"Your fiancé is experiencing some traumatic bleeding from her delivery. We've done everything we can to stop it but nothing so far has worked. We need to ask your permission to do a full hysterectomy." He stared at the women for nearly a minute. "Mr. Lopez?"

"She won't be able to have any more kids?" The doctor shook her head. "There's no other options?" Once again he saw her head shake. "Just do what you have to do to save her." She nodded. "How's my daughter?"

"I'm sorry I haven't been updated on her condition. But you should have some more answers soon." He nodded. "I'll be back when your fiancé is in recovery."

"Thank you." He choked out before returning to the waiting room.

"How are they?" Before Seth could answer they all saw his knees give out and his body drop to the floor. Roman and Jon were the first to move lifting him off the ground and into a chair. He pulled his knees to his chest before his head buried into his legs. All of this was happening way too fast and he had know idea how to digest all of the information.

"They're doing a full hysterectomy to stop the bleeding." He said nearly twenty minutes later.

"What about the little one?" Ronda asked as she gently squeezed his shoulder.

"She didn't say anything..." Everyone in the room could tell he was broken. Slowly he was pulled into the blonde as her arms wrapped around him. His face buried into her shoulder as he spoke. "I-I can't lose them Ronnie."

"You won't Colby. They're both going to be alright." He was silent. He knew she had no idea if her words were true.

Hours passed with no doctors entering the waiting room. As the time went on Seth got more and more nervous and worried. He looked around the room at just about everyone sleeping. When his eyes met Tyler's he moved towards his son before gently scooping him up.

"Wanna go for a walk little Love?" The young boy nodded as his head moved to rest along his fathers shoulder.

"Is Mumma going to be okay?" He asked once they left the room.

"I don't know Ty." He said quietly. "But I hope so."

"So do I Da." His lips pressed to his sons temple as they walked through the empty halls of the hospital. "Is Riley here yet?" Seth slowly nodded. "Can we see her?"

"Not yet Bud." Tyler said quietly.

"Why not?" The older man sighed as he followed the sign to the nursery.

"She's still getting looked at Ty." He hated to lie to his son but he knew it was necessary.

"But it's been hours." Seth nodded.

"I know Ty. But we have to be patient." The young boy sighed as he nodded. Seth stopped in front of the large windows of the nursery. His eyes scanned each and every baby in the room. He shook his head as there was no sign of his daughter. Slowly Tyler got heavier in his arms signaling that he was falling asleep. Seth gently pulled the hood over his sons head to keep the lights out of his eyes. "Love you Ty."

"Love you too Da." He said tiredly as the older man began to move again. He had no desire to go back to the waiting room so he let his feet take him wherever he could.

"Mr. Lopez." He immediately stopped at the words before turning towards Becky's OBGYN. "She's alright." His eyes met hers as he tried to read whether or not she was lying.

"Why did it take so long?" Her eyes met his.

"Once inside we were able to determine the exactly location of the bleed in her uterus and were able to cauterize it." He was slowly digesting the information.

"So she didn't need the hysterectomy?" She shook her head.

"Thankfully she did not." A long breath was released by him.

"And what about our daughter?" The doctor looked at him.

"Nobody has updated you on her condition?" He shook his head. "She's doing alright she is just in the neonatal intensive care unit. When she was born she wasn't breathing, we were able to get her breathing but we've been running some tests to see if she has any deficiencies from the lack of oxygen. If you like I can take you to see her, though you won't be able to hold her for a few days." He nodded.

"All I care about is seeing them both." She chuckled as she nodded.

"I'll take you to see the little one first, right now Rebecca is in recovery, but you'll be able to see her once she's back in her room." He nodded. "Now if you'd just follow me." She didn't even need to say it twice as the second she moved he did as well. "We normally don't let more than one family member back at a time, but seeing as he's asleep and the fact that you both have had a long day I'll let it slide. Though I do need you both to mask up." She said as they stopped that the door to the NICU.

"That's fine." He said before gently waking Tyler up.

"Whats going on?" He asked as his eyes blinked tiredly. Slowly Seth pulled the hood from his sons head.

"We're going to go see Riley Love." Tyler was immediately awake. "We just have to put some masks on Ty."

"Whatever. I just want to see her." Seth chuckled softly before they were both handed masks. Once placed over their noses and mouths, Tyler was placed on his feet before the three walked into the room. As the doctor stopped next to one of babies she spoke.

"I'll give you both some time with her. When you're done let one of the nurses know and they'll help you back to the waiting room. From there I'll be in to get you once Rebecca is back in her room." A small smile appeared on Seth's face.

"Thank you for everything." He said quietly.

"Don't worry about it. I like to make this process easy on everyone involved so this is my way of making up for a more than stressful day." He chuckled as he nodded. "If you need anything let me know."

"I will thank you." Once the doctor left Seth turned back towards the crib in front of him. Tyler was staring at the infant through the glass with his hands pressed against it. His eyes moved to his daughter before he heard a nurse walk up.

"If you'd like sir you can put your hand in through the hole in the side." He almost instantly nodded. The nurse moved closer to the crib before taking off a piece of the crib so they could put their hands in.

"Thank you." She nodded before leaving the two alone. Seth kneeled next to the crib before he carefully stuck his hand through the hole in the glass. The second his finger strayed along his daughters open palm her eyes met his. "Hi Riley." He knew the awe in her eyes would be matched by his as they simply stared at each other. She grasped as his fingertip before his thumb gently ran along the back of her hand. "Hi Love." His words were soft and careful almost as if he thought he would hurt her by being too loud.

"Can I touch her?" Tyler asked quietly before Seth nodded.

"Just be gentle Ty." The young boy nodded before his fingers moved to run along the newborns hand. "She looks like Mum doesn't she?"

"Definitely." When Tyler leaned back into his father, the older man could tell that he was starting to get tired once more. "Da, can we go see mum yet?"

"Not yet Ty. We'll be able too in a little bit though Love. Why? Do you want to go back to the waiting room and sleep?" He slowly nodded.

"Yeah..." Seth's lips gently met Tyler's temple.

"That's fine. Just let me get a picture of Riley." The young boy nodded as he retracted his hand. Slowly Seth did the same, not wanting to leave the newborn yet. He took the picture and posted it to Instagram before carefully scooping his son up and walking towards the nurse. "Could you help me get back to the private waiting room?"

~~~

"Does anyone know where Colby went? Or when he left?" Annette asked waking everyone up. They all shook their heads before Charlotte pulled out her phone. When she saw the notification of Seth's new Instagram post she immediately stopped and looked at it. Once she commented she looked up.

"He saw Riley." All of their heads snapped towards her. "Look at his Instagram." Everyone except for Annette and Holly pulled their phones out and saw the post.

"Oh my god she's absolutely gorgeous." Ronda commented before showing the two older women the picture of their granddaughter.

Almost as if on cue Seth walked through the door. The smile on his face was enough to ease just about everyone.

"How are they?" Annette asked instantly.

"They're both fine. Becky is in recovery right now, they were able to cauterize the bleed in her uterus." Her eyes met his.

"So no hysterectomy then?" He shook his head. "Thank god." She commented.

"As for Riley, they're monitoring her because she wasn't breathing when she was born. But she's absolutely gorgeous and doing better now." He was pulled into a hug by Annette.

"Good." She said quietly before she pulled away and he got a hug from just about everyone. Once they all sat down Tyler moved into Charlottes lap before the young boy instantly fell asleep.

"Any word on when we can see Becky?" Seth looked over at the blonde.

"Should be sometime soon.." She nodded. It was then that the doctor walked in.

"If you all would like to follow me we got a large room and are bringing Rebecca up there now." It was only a few of them that stood.

"I'm gonna head home Colby. I'll be back tomorrow." Joe said quietly. "I just wanted to make sure she was okay." Some of the others said the same thing before he nodded. Once they left, Charlotte, Seth, Ronda, Holly, Annette, Tyler, Bayley and Sasha followed the doctor to Becky's room.

With the redheads bed centered in the room, they all moved into the chairs surrounding her. Seth's hand instantly took hers before his lips pressed to the back of it. It was almost like he was trying to make sure it was actually her there.

"See Colby. I told you she'd be fine." He rolled his eyes at Ronda.

"Still doesn't mean that she didn't scare the shit out of me." They all chuckled before Charlotte spoke up.

"She scared the shit out of all of us Colby."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hard Time By BLAKEBLADE1

Mystery / Thriller

26.5K 648 65
*COMPLETED* "You're worthless! Get out of my life and never come back!"
8.3K 193 26
Her life destroyed by infidelity & divorce, a heartbroken Becky Lynch leaves WWE & goes to the one place no one thought she would ever go to, AEW, wh...
7.1K 441 43
What will happen after 1 year? Will someone's relationship be affected? Follow Dean, Roman, Sasha, and Jade on this crazy adventure.
44.5K 1.3K 40
Sasha Banks and Seth Rollins are Best Friends. During the superstar shakeup Charlotte and Becky came over to Raw. Everyone is happy but what if this...