Black Star

By Yuki-D-Raizel

Ranked #1 04/02/20 , 14/03/20 , 27/05/20 , 12/09/20 , 08/10/20; 16/09/20; 13/10/20 , 20/12/20 , 10/10/21 , 0... More

Page 00: Prologue
Page 01: Black Bull
Page 02: Don't judge a book by its c(l)over
Page 04: Dark Persuer
Page 05: We live under the same sky
Page 06: Healer
Page 07: Bond
Page 08: Black Grimoire
Page 09: Hand of Sorrow
Page 10: Conspiracy
Page 11: Black Star
Page 12: Myth
Page 13: Nameless Child
Page 14: Stars
Page 15: Silent Truth
Page 16: Say my name
Page 17: Illusion
Page 18: Cost of the crown
Page 19: Power
Page 20: Tales
Page 21: Opposites
Page 22: Will
Page 23: Hope
Page 24: The Legend of the Fallen Moon
Page 25: Game
Page 26: Home
Page 27: Chaos
Page 28: Despair
Page 29: Love
Page 30: All VS One
Page 31: Reminisce
Page 32: Sacrifice
Page 33: Hunt
Page 34: Lost Child
Page 35: Land of Sleep
Page 36: Hellion
Page 37: Sé do bheatha 'bhaile
Page 38: Overlord
Page 39: Viridity
Page 40: Metanoia
Page 41: Ataraxia
Page 42: Agape
Page 43: Wish upon a star
Page 44: Prayers
Page 45: You are only as blind as you want to be
Page 46: Virtues
Page 47: Arcane
Page 48: Supernal
Page 49: Curses
Page 50: Old friends
Page 51: Faith
Page 52: The Sun & The Moon
Page 53: Judgement
Page 54: Lord of the Throne
Page 55: Family
Page 56: Abience
Page 57: Breaking Point
Page 58: Reunion
Page 59: Carnifex
Page 60: Triggers
Page 61: Not Giving Up
Page 62: Anam Cara
Page 63: Master of war
Page 64: Mettle
Page 65: Two Faces of the Same Coin [Part 1]
Page 66: Seraphic Soul
Page 67: Iterum
Page 68: Lost in paradise
Page 69: Ephialtes [Part 1]
Page 70: Mercy
Page 71: Envy
Page 72: Vad Leaders
Page 73: Two Faces of the Same Coin [Part 2]
Page 74: Mole
Page 75: Dungeons
Page 76: Crimson Knight
Page 77: The Fall of the Sun
Page 78: When the Sun falls, the Moon raises
Page 79: Lethiferous Uranus
Page 80: Back To The Earth
Page 81: Clamant Wish
Page 82: Hoire a Rìgh
Page 83: True Heir
Page 84: The Ninth Lord
Page 85: To Your Eternity
Page 86: Like Father Like Son
Page 87: Let Me Hear
Page 88: Selenophile
Page 89: Undead Devotion
Page 90: One Light
Page 91: Redemption
Page 92: Stairway to the Sky
Page 93: The Cross
Page 94: Awoken
Page 95: The Voice
Page 96: Solemn Hour
Page 97: Endless War
Page 98: Dangerous Mind
Page 99: Son of Man
Page 100: The Last Dance [Part 1]
Page 101: The Last Dance [Part 2]
Page 102: The Last Dance [Part 3]
Page 103: The Last Dance [Part 4]
Page 104: Our Hero
Page 105: The Last Dance [Part 5]
Page 106: The Last Dance [Part 6]
Page 107: For the Glory and the Fall [Part 1]
Page 108: For the Glory and the Fall [Part 2]
Page 109: For the Glory and the Fall [Part 3]
Page 110: For the Glory and the Fall [Part 4]
Page 111: For the Glory and the Fall [Part 5]
Page 112: For the Glory and the Fall [Part 6]
Page 113: Belight
Page 114: Evanescent
Page 115: Farewell Promise
Page 116: Epilogue
Characters Sheets (1)
Characters Sheet (2)
Characters Sheets (3)
Characters Sheets (4)
Characters Sheets (5)
Last Characters Sheets

Page 03: No Magic

11.4K 407 97
By Yuki-D-Raizel

3rd person's POV

The main hall falls silent when the base shakes accompanied by Yami's curses. When those noises are the closest, the wall is destroyed with a kick and the captain throws Y/n inside the room.

"Captain, what are you doing?" asks Finral walking over the new member. "Are you ok, Y/n-san?"

"Y-yes." the evident blush is a sign that Finral shouldn't be closer to her. "I-I'm sorry."

The others would love to help her back onto her feet, but knowing how shy she is, for now they watch over her before intervening.

"Finral, Noelle, Asta, Magna and Y/n, you brats go to this village and help the chief to free the hostages." the mage breathe out the smoke of his cigarette. "It's a time limit mission, don't fuck anything up. Now go get ready, you have to depart in 10 minutes."

-10 minutes later-

The mages are outside waiting for the new member, but when Magna vocalizes the rookie's absence, a voice makes everybody jump.

"I'm here..." she shyly walks out from behind a tree. The others can't help but to stare at her and how intimidating she is dressed in all black. Tight trousers, tight long sleeved shirt and the cloak of the Black Bull... She's very, very intimidating.

"Since when are you there, Y/n-san?" Finral keeps Magna quiet and talks with a calm and low voice.

"5 minutes... I'm sorry I was so early, I should have come due time."

She is like Asta-kun. She has zero mana. Finral smiles at her and reassures her that she's in time, they were late since she was already waiting.

On that note, the group is teleported to the closest village to go by foot over the other one where they have to fight.

Walking, Asta slows down and approaches Y/n keeping a big distance in between. He whispers and tries to make the girl comfortable around him, and to be sure he can protect her since she walks far behind from the rest of the team.

"Don't worry, Y/n. I'm here to help if you need it." the little guy tries to sound as friendly and reassuring as possible.

"That's very kind of you, Asta. Thank you." the girl bows her head a little with a tiny smile on her lips.

"Mph, what's with that attitude?" Noelle flips her hair and looks at the other girl. "I'm royalty, you know?"
That's when everything takes a turn nobody expected.

Y/n stops walking and stands straight to glare at Noelle. The royal girl isn't the only one under an amazing pressure, her senpais and Asta as well feel the air so much heavier.
Those green eyes that were always looking down or elsewhere, are now glued on Noelle and they are so scary that the men had chills down their spines when they crossed those orbs.

The tension in the air can be cut with a knife and when Noelle talks again, she feels something brush against her cheek and her blood freezes.
When she realizes what happened, she sees Y/n's arm stretched with those cruel eyes.

"Keep your eyes open, your highness." Y/n talks with a very cold and distant voice when she walks pass everybody heading over the village.

When the men go closer to Noelle to ask if she's alright, they see a snake nailed to the tree and they know the specie since it's a very dangerous one.

"Hold up!" the teams run after the girl and now is afraid to even talk to her.

They weren't expecting that change of mood, they weren't expecting to be actually scared by the new member who showed herself so vulnerable and shy.

The four know well they have been fooled by the innocent nature of the girl. To throw a knife at a speed that makes the object invisible to the naked eye requires a lot of dexterity, and to aim so perfectly at something that moves like a living being in that short amount of time is another action that requires a lot of skill from the user.
Asta though wants to know why the shy and kind girl was replaced by the new side. Was it something that Noelle said? Or she felt something that he couldn't due to his lack of magic?

Suddenly, the girl stops to look at the sky. Finral jolts when she calls him, her voice still stern but less than when she was talking with the royal girl.

"When you don't see me anymore, use your magic."

-Village-

At the entrance, the Black Bulls can see the entire village held as hostage. The villagers are nervous and seem they want to tell something but restrain to do so in fear of something.

"We are here, don't worry!" the kids run to help, but as soon as they touch a hostage, a huge magic circle encloses them with the villagers inside a freezing coffin.

"It's ok everyone, don't panic!" Magna tries to settle the fear because the space isn't wide so people could hurt each other. Also breathing seems to bring damages too because the air is too dense and cold.

"Our children are in the church!" , "Please, help the children first!"

Asta pulls out his rotten sword from his Grimoire to break the chant but a shady voice stops him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were at your place." the bandits show up, and they are many. "You wouldn't kill all these innocent people, right?"

"What? What do you mean?" yells Asta irritated.

"Look up, mister knight." the coffin has huge spikes hanging from the ceiling and they don't look stable at all, they look like they are about to fall at any second. "You aren't able to cut all of those in time to save everybody, little guy."

"And whoever thinks is smart enough to run away from that, drop that heroism." another bandit joins the threads. "If you don't want to be impaled like meat, stay good."

Finral bites his lip. He sees more spikes ready to spring up and make skewers out of everyone. This is a very tricky situation and the Black Bull wizards don't know yet how go get out of it.

In the middle of the thinking how to protect all those people while escaping the death trap, Asta sees a person walking over the roofs. Shortly after, his companions notice the walking shadow as well.

Y/n-san?! Finral exclaims when he catches a glimpse of her green eyes. When the girl makes eye contact with him, she runs a hand over eyes and removes it. When you don't see me anymore, use your magic. Remembering her words, the older gets a hold of himself and nods to her.

"Humans are quite stupid." Y/n sits on the roof and hangs her legs with a smirk. "Day by day they never stop being a disappointment."

"Where this kid comes from?" the leader whispers seeing the gold emblem on her cloak. "Indeed. What the Magic Knights thought to reclutate a bratty girl with no mana?"

"Just because I have no mana doesn't mean that I am not capable to defeat you, you know?" Y/n chuckles.

"Oh yeah? Come down here and show me, pretty girl." the leader walks backwards to be shielded in case she'll aims directly at him. "I should teach you a lesson too."

Sighing, Y/n jumps down and easily softens the fall. "This is all humans wish, money, power and something to use for their carnal desires." she walks and removes her hood. "Have you ever looked up at the stars, sir?"

The group of bandits follow her finger raise until the clear sky, but when they look down the girl is gone.
In a slight panic, the bandits open their Grimoire and Finral jumps into action too, opening a portal to the outside and quietly lead the villagers with the help of his comrades.

"Over there!" with that shout, the Black Bulls freeze on spot.
Slowly, they turn to see if they have to sacrifice to save the poor villagers, but they see the new member standing there with hands behind her back.
With a quick gesture, the girl signs to her friends to hurry and so they do. Quietly, they speed up and leave the decoy role to her, until the villagers are safe.

"Hahaha!" the bandits laugh when the girl pulls out two closed fans. "Are you gonna fight magics of all elements with fans? Hahahaha, this is easy guys, take her!"

There are too many for her to keep the bluff! Magna opens his Grimoire but before he could use any spell, the tables are turned so fast.

The men who charged together with their magics are now unconscious on the ground, Y/n stands with an elegant pose and a smirk.

It's the pose of this morning. Asta walks closer to watch the fight. How she did that? I couldn't see much.

"If that's all you got, I'll make my move." snapping open the fans, everybody is confused by the numerous blades and the shape itself.

Making them spin skillfully, Y/n locks them in between her fingers forming a circumference. Right after that, she charges and begins to knock them out with ease. The blades block any magic direct at her, she spins, bends, jumps back, makes splits and flicks, cartwheels without hands, so many acrobatics in a fighting style, but it's slaying since the enemies are decreasing in number by the second.

The Black Bulls are mesmerized by her style, so new and strange to their eyes, but so beautiful and pleasing to watch being delivered. It's like watching someone dancing because Y/n's moves don't look offensive at all, her body seems to draw the tides of a river, waves like it has no bones, her wrists twist all the time to move the fans and reject spell after spell, but those weapons never make contact with the enemies' skin once.

It's like she's playing. Asta and Magna find strange a few moves, like what's the purpose of clapping her hands before spinning like a dancer? Or her 'swush' sound when she brings her hand to her nose and snaps her head to a side before grinning and keeping moving like that. She's teasing them for sure.

A quick kick on the knee to make the enemy kneel and then with a turning kick she knockouts him, the next one is confused by her agility and is KO with an elbow on the chest and a split kick on his chin that lift him from the ground.
Another poor man couldn't even understand how he passed out because what Y/n did was against the normal rules of the Clover Kingdom; she ran towards him and using his own knee as a platform, she did a backflip scissoring her legs and the man was down with blood coming out of his mouth due to the loss of teeth.

"It's just one against all of us!!" the leader cannot believe his eyes. Half of his team is unconscious and the only kid is winning so easily.

When the bandits use their magics all in once, chains drop the fans to the ground and making her leg slide on the soil, Y/n raises the tension more for her opponents.

"If you surrender, I won't use this against you." she says keeping the chains loose. With a whip motion, the fans are violently smashed against the ground and with sparks, they burn in an angry fire.

"Charge!!" the leader yells the command and the first row obeys, but freezes after a few seconds when the little girl does another trick of hers.

Vortexes of fire.... The Black Bull wizards are as impressed and/or shocked as the bandits.
The chains are moving fast, they draw circles in every direction, and the combo fire+speed create the illusion that there are plently of streams all around Y/n.

"Are you scared of fire?" with the help of her fingers and hands, Y/n skillfully changes trajectory and throws the burning fans at the bandits that instead of using magic to fight, they retreat scared of the unknown.

As she moves forth, the blades cut the ground like butter and mark it with fire, the sound of the void created with the rotatation of the chains, the whispers of the fire, her light and precise steps... All seems so hypnotizing to be real.
The chains coil her neck but following the flow of her body spinning, they are thrown with a little upgrade. Like strings of a puppet, Y/n commands the chains so they trap two criminals and then with a hard pull, the bad guys are hurled against their band-mates.

Those chains look so alive. Asta is staring the life out of his new friend because he finds everything so fascinating and cool. How can she do that so easily?

"If you don't come, I'll do it for you mister." raising her arms to the sky, the chains curve and follow the new direction.
Spinning, Y/n braids the chains together and seeing how her back arches, the leader knows she's gonna yank those things down and upon him.

"Alright, you win!!" the leader screams and kneels.

Like a safe word, the chains are pulled down and the fans are grabbed by the girl.

"Your friends don't seem to be on your same page, sir." just a little move of the fans is enough to make the leader jolt and collect the rude followers.

"You bastards, follow my lead!" reluctantly, all the bandits kneel to surrender. With the last snap, the fans are shut and the fire is killed.

"Finral-senpai, I go over the church. May I leave the villagers in your care?"

"Y-yes, don't worry." it seems that being polite and respectful of her spaces and times put him in a favorite position. "Be careful, Y/n-san."

The girl bows deeply before marching towards the church while the Black Bulls cage the bandits ready to bring them back to be punished.
After that, they take care of the villagers, if they need water, a blanket or some treating for their wounds, everything in their power is granted to those people.

"That was damn dope. I hate admitting it as a fire user too, but it was awesome." speaks Magna annoyed about the fact that his kouhai is a better fire user than him.
Magna is not the only one high-key impressed by the new member's skills, Asta feels the same exploding excitement about how incredible Y/n was.

"That was fantastic." for Finral it's love at first sight... the elegance and grace in her moves despite the purpose, every movement and expression is printed in his mind.

"I bet she comes from another country." whispers Noelle. "There's no way someone in Clover can do those things. Those fans seemed to cut through spells and even repulse them..."

"Well, I think we can agree that we hit the jackpot with Y/n." says Magna with a proud smile. "Yami-san will be happy to hear that she isn't weak as we all thought."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 1.1K 26
Noelle Silva is next in line to be the Queen of the house of Silva after her mother's death in the War. A young man known as "The Black Bull" has bee...
3.6K 96 46
Iris has a severe case of amnesia. She doesn't remember a single thing before she woke up half-blind in the village of Hage and was saved by a boy na...
50.2K 780 41
Asta is a kid who was born without magic in the world that magic is everything... He went through hard times and finally in the age of 15, the five...
272K 4.7K 51
What if Asta met Nacht after he got his grimoire? And what if Asta had 2 grimoires? What kind of drastic change will happen if this happens. Black Cl...