Spartans never die (Freezing...

By TheRealAlucard

Honestly yes I know there's a bunch of these out there but I wanna try one so don't hate me lol {THIS WILL AL... More

Feet First!

Prologue

531 5 1
By TheRealAlucard

Location Unknown,

Drifting in deep space, was half of a destroyed UNSC cruiser. The year was 2557, the covenant were finally destroyed and the flood were gone. We find our heroes sleeping in cryo pads, hoping for rescue to bring them home.

An alarm went off inside, making the A.I known as Cortana, appear on the holopad in the middle of the room. She looked around the room, seeing the snow building from the sheer cold of the cryo room. She began to open the ships systems, seeing their vitals green except for two that were red.

"Johnson.... Miranda..." she said sadly, looking to where their dead bodies laid in the cryo tubes. She shook it off and woke up the others, seeing the chief the first to move as he opened his cryo pod.

"Cortana... whats the situation.." he said as he got out the tube, seeing Linda the next to awaken before Buck and Carolina.  "We are still adrift in the dawn. Although I am getting signals from a forerunner planet that caught us in its gravity well. What's interesting is that I'm picking up the signal of the other half of the dawn. What's left of it." She finished as the others awoke.

"Is it possible that the arbiter is Alice down there?" The spartan II known as Carolina spoke as she checked her rifle. "I don't think so, I'm seeing one escape pod bay empty. He must of left before he was caught in the planets gravity well." Quickly came the voice of Cortana spoke with a sad smile on her face, making Romeo shake his head.

"Well, what's there to waste? Let's go see what this planet has to offer." Buck said as he clipped his MA5C Assault Rifle on his back. "Well you could die. I could die. All of us could die. Honestly going there alone could kill us." Repiled Romeo before he was elbowed by Kelly. "Knock it off, ODST" Kelly said with a tone barring no room for argument.

"She wipped you dude." Said Mickey.

"Oh shut up." Replied Romeo before he went to sit down. "Leave it to Romeo to be the annoying one." Said Dutch as he got out the Spartan Laser and holstered it into his back. Romeo got offended and got up to face Dutch. "Hey man it's not my fault I'm being cautious. Besides I'd rather stay alive rather than having another one of my organs punctured. You really think I'd-"

"SHUT UP!" Screamed Cortana as a surge of energy beamed out the room, her body flicking into a red hue as the others stared at her shocked.  She quickly returned to her blue colour, looking down to the ground as Chief slowly stepped towards her. "Cortana... What was that." He asked in a tone meaning that she better answer now.

"It's nothing chief." Cortana said quickly before Linda walked beside the green Spartan. "Don't lie Cortana. What is the issue?" She asked. Slowly, Frederick, Dare, and the odsts began to step towards her, leaving her no way out but to tell. "I.... I'm heading into rampancy..."

Everyone was silent from the news. Not expecting that the best A.I The UNSC ever made was beginning to fail. "I see.... if that's the case, we should investigate this forerunner planet. If we are lucky, the inhabitants may of left something behind to slow your condition down until we can get back to Dr.Halsey." Carolina Said before walking off with the Odsts and Kelly to the hangar bay.

"Chief..." Cortana said as she looked to her protector. The hero of the UNSC looked at Cortana who had her look of guilt on her face. "Were going to fix you up Cortana. I'm not going to lose you again." He said quickly before he yanked her chip out the holopad and into his head.

"Just... don't make a girl a promise you can't keep." Cortana said before going silent, making chief nod to Linda before going to the hangar bay.

Meanwhile, other side of the planet

The forgotten lost ship of the UNSC, known as the spirit of fire, was studying the planet while Serina and Captain Cutter were speaking with Professor Anders.

"And you are sure that we are picking up a distress signal from a UNSC frigate?" Came the gruff voice of Captain Cutter. Serina nodded, her body flickering due to rampancy. "Indeed captain." She replied.

Cutter sighed as red team stood in attention behind him. "Jerome, take your team and go to that planet. When you get the all clear, we will bring the fire in as close as we can. God knows we need repairs after our recent endeavours." Said cutter while Anders was continuing to scan the planet.

"Yes sir. Alice, Douglas, lets move." Jerome commanded before walking off the brig with his team. "You sure this will work?" Said Anders.

"It has to. I never left a man behind and I don't plan to start now. there are unsc down there, and I'll be damned if I don't help them." Cutter said with determination in his voice, making Anders give a soft smile.

"Now let's go get our men."

Forerunner planet

Chief, along with blue team and the ODST's, landed on the planet with the pelican close by. Linda and Romeo were the first to get out, scanning the area for any signs of hostile before chief and Fred came after.

"Clear." Said Linda before holstering her sniper rifle. They began to search their surroundings before Mickey looked into the distance. "I got a city, bout half a click north." He said through the comms, making the others look and see the city that was destroyed and flora covering every inch. "Cortana. Is there any signs of life?"

After a couple of seconds, Cortana replied. "None. No signs of the covenant being here during the war either. Although the other half of the dawn was stationed in there so if the arbiter did leave the other side of the ship there, Our best bet to find it there." Cortana replied through everyone's mic, making them nod.

"Affirmative. Blue team and Buck, you are with me. Mickey, you're the best pilot we have so I need to stay with the ship with Dutch and Rookie." The chief said before heading out with Kelly, Fred, Linda, Carolina and Buck.

Twenty minutes later

After an intense jog from the Spartans and Buck, they finally reached into the heart of the city. Buck was aiming his MAC5 Assault Rifle at the rooftops, looking for any hostiles while Fred and Linda did the same.

"I don't like this. It's too quiet. I don't even see a damn sentinel. There's no way the forerunners would leave an entire planet abandoned." Fred said quietly through the comms while aiming his DMR down a street. The Chief agreed that the area was to quiet, which was never a good sign in the Spartans and the ODST's mind.

Just then, a loud clang erupted, making Buck turn and aim his rifle at the area only to see a small, monkey like creature looking at him before scurrying off. "What is it?" Linda asked through the comms.

"Nothing. Just an animal. We're clear here." Buck replied before catching up. As they got deeper into the city, three yellow pings erupted from Kelly's radar. "John, I'm tracking three friendlies on my radar. They are to our left done that street." She said before quickly taking cover behind a wall.

She slowly peeked and what met her sight made her gasp in shock. "What is it. Is it the arbiter?" John asked before he too was looking at what Kelly was. One by one, blue team and Buck gasped at the sight.

John holstered his Rifle in his back and stood in the street. "Jerome! Is that you?!" He shouted, making the three Spartans gasp in shock before running to him. After they quickly closed the distance, Jerome and Red Team stood in front of John and blue team. "Jerome, Alice, Douglas. I thought you were dead... where have you been?" Came the shocked voice of Carolina.

"After the little show we had when we first came in contact with the covenant, we got sent into cryo sleep.... just woke up about four hours ago." Jerome said to dare gaining the nod from chief and Linda.

"What have you guys been up to?" Alice asked her fellow Spartans, making Buck chuckle. "Lady, you about gonna believe this. But the war is over."

The three red team Spartans stiffened and gasped in shock, turning to chief for confirmation. "Is it true? Is the war actually over?" Douglas asked in utter disbelief. "That's correct. I'll explain everything once we are done here. I'm looking for the arbiter's other half of the ship."

"What's that bastard here for? He tried to kill us back on harvest. Almost killed Sergeant Forge." Jerome spat with venom in his voice.

"It's a different Arbiter, 092. The one you are speaking of is in fact dead. This arbiter helped us against the covenant." Kelly said, making Alice tilt her head in confusion. "What do you mean he helped you against the covenant? What exactly happened during the war?" She asked in confusion.

"After we find him, I'll come clean." John said before following the tracking device in the other side of the Dawn. As they entered in the middle of the downtown area, Bucks tracker was going haywire yet there was no one there. "You guys sure it's here? I'm pinging it but I don't see Jack shit."

"Easy Buck." Said Dare.

"I'm positive, it should be here." Kinda said as she watched the radar. Fred was wasn't paying attention, listening to his surroundings to better understand the situation. He then began to hear a whizzing noise. A noise he was far too familiar with.

"CONTACT!" He shouted. However, the large energy beam collided with the Spartans and Buck, sending them crashing into the wall. Master Chief was on the ground, his vision blurry as he saw a clarion object floating to him before passing out.

Three days later

Slowly, Spartan-117 began to open his eyes, seeing himself in an unfamiliar room. The lights were dim, giving him a slight sight of the bare feet walls. He reached up to his face, his eyes slightly widened from the skin to skin contact.

"Glad to see you are awake, Spartan." A gruff voice came from his side. He looked to his side and saw a older man wearing UNSC captains uniform. The tagged read as "Captain James Cutter".

John sat up to salute, only to be sat back down from Cutter. "Relax 117, you are safe." Said the gruff voice of Cutter.

"Where am I?" Said John as he sat on the side of the bed. His question was answered by a fellow spartan. "You are in a medical bay underneath a Forerunner facility chief." Carolina said as she walked through the door with the ODST, blue team and red team. What also shocked him was the sight of a familiar floating metal orb that made John tense.

"Greetings! I am 313 Defensive Tangent. Monitor of this shield world. I must apologize for the attack, you did not have the clearance for the entrance of this installation so the sentinels had to take action." Defensive said as he floated to Captain Cutter.

"Is my team okay." John demanded to the monitor who beamed with excitement.

"Oh? The other reclaimers? They are  well! I have also noticed you had two Deceased reclaimers in your vessel. So I had the liberty to revive them with the leftover technology from my creators." Defensive said with joy, making John's eyes widen at the word. "Wait... you mean..."

"It's us, Chief." Came the voice of Johnson. John looked up to Johnson and Miranda standing beside Frederick and Kelly. John sat up with the captain and saluted Miranda.

"Commander." They said in unison, giving a crisp salute. Miranda chuckled before breaking out into a full laughter.

"At ease men." She said with a smile. Cutter and John relaxed, standing in line while Johnson took a cigar out and began to lit it up. "With all due respect commander, how are you alive? I saw you get shot in the back by the prophet." John said in shock. Miranda visibly shuttered, she still felt the spikes going through her back.

"Oh the reanimating process is easy! Although they were infact Deceased, the body still sends out an electrical pulse in the body. I simply used nano hurogak to revive them and heal all of your injuries! You should find plenty of upgrades with them as well such as an accelerated healing factor, body enhancement and even greater speeds! Oh how marvellous!" Said defensive tangent.

"Meaning that I'm back and better than ever baby." Johnson said with a smirk, gaining a smirk from Dutch and Mickey. "Maybe Romeo can finally keep up with Linda." Came the voice of Fred, gaining a chuckle from Buck and Rookie. "Whatever. Jackass." Romeo said with a sigh.

"Back to the topic at hand, Monitor. Is there any ship even remotely able to jump into slipspace? The vessel the Spartans and I were on split into two and the Others ship is too damaged to jump." Anders said in a huff voice. " I am afraid not. After the flood had came into contact with my creators, the ships are reduced to hunks of metal." Said Defensive sadly.

"Is it possible to use the parts of the dawn and the forerunner technology to add to the Spirit of Fire?" Cutter said to the A.I who kept floating. "I must see the damage in order to get the calculations. Perhaps your construct can be of assistance." 

"Speaking of which, where is Cortana?" Kelly spoke from the crowd. The monitor floated to the Spartan before Anders answered for Defensive. "The monitor here had her and Serina in the lab fixing her rampancy, adding new parts to her core to further amplify there processors and core, apparently they are on par with the mendicant Bias." Anders finished with a smirk., making Mickey and Dutch nod in agreement.

"Hell yeah. At least there's some good news." Said Romeo.

Anders began to pull up a hologram from her tablet, showing the image of the Spartan's, ODSTs, and Johnson out of armor along with the Spirit of Fire. "Defensive. Is it possible to salvage with the parts her on this planet." She said in a more demanding tone, making the monitor humm in silence before answering. "By my calculations? It should suffice. Although for the upgrades on both shall take up to four and a half months. So please, do enjoy your stay." Defensive Bias said politely before disappearing in a flash to bring the Spirit of Fire along with Forward unto dawn and the Spartans, ODST and Johnson's armour to the laboratory for testing.

4/12 months later

The team were finally finished the upgrades to their equipment, the Spirit of Fire was now larger than the Pillar of Autumn and two times the size of a Covenant super carrier. The ship was now outfitted with energy shields curiosity of Defensive and the sentinels.

The armoury now has weapons ranging from the standard UNSC guns to Plasma Rifles, Plasma Pistols, Needlers, Spikers, Carbine Rifles, Spartan Laster, ChainGun, Gravity hammers, Energy Swords, Pulse Rifles, Beam Rifles, Plasma Repeaters, Needler Rifles, Concussion Rifles, Longswords, Scorpions, Grizzly tanks, Wolverines, Cyclops, Vultures, Nightingales, Shortswords, Banshees, Pelicans, Hornets, Warthogs, Mongooses, Vampyrs, Phantoms and maulers.

As for the Spartans, ODSTs and Johnson, their combat skin was outfitted with a titanium tungsten alloy, making it light as a feather without restricting movement speed. Their armor were now insulated, Plasma resistant and can withstand temperatures up to 7500 degrees and minus 1200  in the cold. Their armor makes their shields now recharge much faster, and the shields more denser, allowing them to shrug off impacts from a phantom rifle and a wraith mortar from point blank range . The spartans armor were now made of the forerunners allow that the didact used, allowing them to easily move and take maximum firepower and move at amazing speeds. The ODST's now has similar, organic upgrades to match up to the Spartans, still no where near as close but close enough to not be under estimated. Their suits, Ship and their shield were powered by a miniature star, keeping them at tip top shape and their armours shields to almost never break.

We find our Spartans at the entrance to a pelican, looking back at Defensive with a firm nod. "Defensive, we cannot thank you enough for what you did to us." Came the voice of Cortana from Chiefs helmet. The monitor hummed in delight before Dare spoke.

"What will you do now?" She asked. The monitor looked behind into his planet before turning back to the UNSC group. "Now that you are gone, I shall deactivate myself for the rest of time. I am no longer needed after my creators have perished." Defensive said before turning back to his planet.

Cutter, Jerome and Anders looked at Miranda and Johnson before the professor spoke. "If you want Defensive, you can come with us?" Anders finished, seeing the monitor turn around quickly. "Are you certain that is what you want, Reclaimer?" Defensive Bias finished, the professor nodding at the monitor who hummed with delight.

"Very well, I shall accompany you and your constructs back to your planet. I shall leave the protector sentinels here for maintenance and Defensive measures." Defensive finished before flying away into the Spirit of fire, followed by the others.

The crew came back to the ship, now sitting in the command room overlooking the planet. "Sir, I am picking up multiple unknowns." A technician spoke from a seat. Cutter and Keyes watched as an purple portal entered their view, showing five covenant super carriers and three destroyers. "Jul mdama." Carolina spat with Rage.

"You know him?" Johnson asked as he puffed a white cloud of smoke. The Carolina growled before speaking. "He was the asshole who tried to kill Washington and I back on blood gulch." Carolina replied as she glared daggers at the ship. "Well let's give them a little present. You two, input the cordinates 500, 10000." Johnson said to the technicians who nodded before looking back at him. "Sir, that's a black hole." One said in fear before Cutter began to speak.

"Just do it son." He commanded to the man who nodded, he entered in the cordinates and a large, purple like portal erupted and began to suck the covenant in. "Serina , Cortana, enter the cordinates back to earth. We are done here." Miranda commanded to the two A.I who nodded and began to type. However, as they opened their own portal back to earth, Jul Mdana shot a concussive energy wave at the ship, slightly steering them to the black hole.

"Dammit. We need to jump now!" Anders shouted as she was typing in codes furiously. Cutter steeled himself and looked at the holotable. "Make the jump. Now!" He shouted to the technicians who nodded and furiously typed in the cordinates. They went through a new portal near the black hole, leaving Jul Mdama to die.

After a few seconds, they shot back out of hyper space, hovering over and passing Saturn. "We are back. Thank god." Romeo said with a sigh. As the ship passed Saturn, they all saw a sight that shocked even Cortana, Defensive and Serina. Earth was different, drastically different. Africa was no longer a pile of glass, and there was no defensive platforms orbiting the atmosphere.

"What the... where is the ships? The platforms.. anything?" Kelly asked in shock before Cortana spoke. "Odd... there should be some." She pondered while Anders spoke. "Serina, Run a scan of the earth." She commanded to the A.I who nodded. After a few seconds, she came back.

"I have troubling news." She said, making Miranda tense as well as the others. "I believe that after we were caught in the black holes gravity as well as going into hyper space, we didn't just travel to earth. I believe we traveled sideways in time." She replied, making Romeo growl.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean." He asked the A.I who smiled. "Time works differently around black holes, the closer you are, the more time is slowed, since hyper space speeds up time by traveling light years to out destination, it is safe to assume that The tachyons around us vibrates at an immense speed." She replied, the occupants of the room slowly widened their eyes before Miranda asked the million dollar question.

"Wait... you mean that..."

"Yes commander. We are in another dimension."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

904K 41.4K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
417K 17K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
1.7M 56.3K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
190K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~๐’”๐’†๐’™ ๐’”๐’„๐’†๐’๐’†๐’” ~๐’”๐’Ž๐’–๐’• ๐’˜๐’‚๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ~๐’†...