The Last Descendant || KnY OC...

By ablublub0811

As the Moon illuminates the dark sky, demons lurked in the lands. They are heartless and void of mercy creatu... More

Prologue
1 | Aroused
2 | Indoctrinate
3 | Ratify
4 | Operation
6 | Fortitude
7 | Sever
8 | Pillar
9 | Secure
10 | Tokitou
11 | Befriend
12 | Interweave
13 | Connections
14 | Vow
15 | Fabricated
16 | Consecrate
17 | Soothe
18 | Convey
19 | Reunion
20 | Rue
21 | Ameliorate
22 | Freighted
23 | Enquiry
24 | Caress
25 | Absolution
26 | Peregrinate
27 | Bludgeoned
28 | Headway
29 | Hushed
30 | Bond
31 | Train
32 | Mendacious
33 | Clew
34 | Akaza
34.5 | Chagrin

5 | Peculiar

3.7K 135 44
By ablublub0811

"LOOK! THE SUNSET is so beautiful!" exclaimed Mitsuko, gawking at the setting sun. The once azure sky was now flooded with bright and glowing orange hues as it mixed with the slightest hue of blue like a painter's canvas with soft mixture of colors. The Sun itself was mesmerizing. Mitsuko was glad she was able to see such view with unlimited opportunities. She mentally noted to at least take the whole family in this part of the mountain so they can watch the Sun set on the horizon.

"Hey, you! Get down here!"

Mitsuko's crimson orbs were averted from the orange Sun to an old man who was shouting at her. After one last look at the view, she eagerly complied to the old man's demands of her descending the tree she climbed earlier. Her leather covered feet landed on the green grass, producing a crunching sound upon its impact. She looked up at the man and took in his features.

His face was decorated with wrinkles. So, the four-year old girl assumed he was a senior citizen. His eyes were slick and sharp like a hawk watching from the sky as it glided. It reminded her of the characters in the picture books her mother often read to her. His clothes told her he was a hunter. The weapon behind his back gave it also away.

Mitsuko inquired, "What do you need, mister?"

"Kids shouldn't be out in their houses at night. There are demons that eat humans," the man explained. He took out his hand and lent it to Mitsuko to take. Mitsuko hesitated for awhile—her instincts sometimes tell not to trust strangers. The old man noticed this and assured her, "You're with the Tomiokas right? I'll bring you back home. We must move before the Sun sets."

With that, Mitsuko was brought back to her house.

She listened to the conversation her parents were having with the old man by the door. Her eyes noticed Giyuu's disapproving look etched in his visage. Tsutako was looking over her with a small smile, encouraging her now and then to eat.

She can't help but wonder and ponder over what the old man said to her earlier. What does he mean by demons?

~~~~~

Mitsuko had been slaying demons non-stop for the last month. She had been climbing up the ranks pretty fast, no one can keep up. She had been training relentlessly by herself in the vicinity of Gyomei's estate. Sometimes, she would spar with Gyomei and reduced the forest to ruins.

Mitsuko often question herself why she is a genius with the sword. The fact she is an adopted daughter would hit her. Mitsuko might never discover how and where she was found. All that she knows is she is an illegitimate child of the Tomiokas. But, despite the non-existing biological relation, she appreciated the efforts of her foster parents raising her like one of their own. She was glad she had Tsutako to guide her most of the time with the time they had. She was overly happy she resolved the problem she had with Giyuu before they got separated.

Mitsuko still holds on the tiny chance of Giyuu surviving that attack by Muzan Kibutsuji.

"CAW! CAW! CLIMB DOWN THE MOUNTAIN! CLIMB DOWN THE MOUTAIN! CAW CAW!"

Mitsuko removed herself from her spot on the engawa of Gyomei's estate. She tightened the scabbard's attachment to her belt as her feet padded on the wooden floor.

"You're going on a mission?"

Mitsuko stopped from her tracks and looked back to see Gyomei. She put on a smile and assured, "I'll be back."

Gyomei rubbed his palms together. Nodding, he said, "Be careful. Namu Amida Butsu."

Mitsuko swiftly went down the mountain, led by her crow, Taki. Her next orders were, "CAW! CAW! YOUR TO BE WITH THE OTHER DEMON SLAYERS IN THE AREA AND PROCEED TO A TOWN! CAW! CAW!"

Mitsuko patiently waited.

Her eyes landed on a specific friend. Hitoshi's eyes found hers and he waved. Mitsuko waved her hand in a single and low wave. Hitoshi greeted, "It's nice to see you again, Mitsuko!"

Mitsuko smiled. A blush crept on Hitoshi's cheeks at the sight of her smiling at him. He didn't know Mitsuko can be cuter. She simply didn't show any form of emotion during the Final Selection. Mitsuko said, "I'm happy to see you alive."

Hitoshi scratched his nape and averted his gaze from Mitsuko, his blush showed no signs of disappearing. "I guess I'm lucky."

Mitsuko saw the others are leaving. She grabbed Hitoshi's wrist and pulled him to the direction where the others are also going. She concluded that this mission might be hard due to their number going to a town.

* * *

"Y-you're the person who saved everyone's butts in this year's Final Selection?!"

"Yes, I am."

Mitsuko looked up at a male Demon Slayer, whose eyeballs are about to fall out of shock. She blinked at the male as he ramble on and on about being a Demon Slayer.

Then, she was engulfed by a hug. Hitoshi looked away in pure jealousy, silently wishing he could do the same to her.

"Thank you so much for saving my brother back there! I don't know  what happened, but I'm still grateful!"

Mitsuko looked up at the orange sky. The Sun was touching the horizon and it was near for the time of the mission.

Her face remained calm and collected as she patiently waited for this unknown stranger to let go of her. She didn't even dare to hug back and just let the male do his thing of expressing his gratitude towards her.

The male went away right after.

Hitoshi was about to approach Mitsuko once more, but was interrupted when they finally set out to a town. He had heard about the town they were heading. First, Demon Slayers that were sent on mission near that town disappeared. One can only infer they stayed there for the night and disappeared. It continued on like that for a while. The headquarters suspected something going on, so they sent Demon Slayers to investigate the place. Unfortunately, those Demon Slayers did not send any report. Even their kasugai crows are missing with them.

A shiver ran up in Hitoshi's spine at the mere thought of being one of those missing Demon Slayers.

His eyes wandered to Mitsuko, who was silently walking with them in the forest. She was so calm and didn't have any sign of fear in her face. Hitoshi wished he can be like her. If he was braver back then, maybe his family was able to escape from that demon assault.

* * *

"Welcome."

Mitsuko felt on edge at the sound of a villager's greeting flooding her ears. The sound made her uncomfortable. Furthermore, the whole atmosphere of the town made her uncomfortable. She looked around the other Demon Slayers and concluded they felt the same with the off expression on their faces.

"Ah!"

Mitsuko snapped from looking at others to avert her gaze towards a girl who bumped into her. The girl fell on her butt. Mitsuko helped her up immediately. Mitsuko apologized to the girl.

"It's okay. I'm alright," said the girl. She dusted her yukata and looked up at Mitsuko. She flashed Mitsuko a smile. Something's off with that smile.

Then, the girl ran off. The girl turned to a corner. Mitsuko's gaze lingered over the corner where the girl turned.

"You hunters are exhausted from your journey. Let me offer you an accommodation."

Mitsuko thinks this village is somehow controlled.

* * *

"Hitoshi."

Hitoshi felt a poke in his cheek. He groaned and turned the other way.

"Hitoshi."

Again, Hitoshi felt the continuos poking of his cheeks. A groan slipped past his lips and slapped the hand away from his face.

"Hitoshi, wake up."

A shaking finally pulled him out of his dreams and he sat up, obviously angry with the person that woke him up. But, at the sight of Mitsuko, his wrath vanished into nothing.

His cheeks flushed at the childish display he put on Mitsuko. "W-what?"

Mitsuko stood straight from her crouching position. Hitoshi was confused by Mitsuko. She was on full-gear. Her white with red accents haori on top of her raven Demon Slayer uniform. Her Nichirin Blade is also with her, hiding inside its scabbard.

"Get up. We're going to scout the area."

Hitoshi scuffled in his spot on his white futon. Mitsuko spoke, "Don't wake up the others."

"Right."

The two of them set out. Mitsuko filled Hitoshi with their agenda of the night. They needed to investigate the outskirts of the town for a demon.

"So, you think the missing Demon Slayers were eaten by a demon?"

It's less complitcated than what Hitoshi had thought.

"It's one of the theories I came up. But, if the demon is just strong and the lower ranking Demon Slayers can't defeat, it can't be supported by the weird atmosphere of the town," mused Mitsuko.

Hitoshi gaped at Mitsuko's conclusion. It's even more complicated than he thought! Additionally, it's only of the theories Mitsuko is thinking. She already formed that many theories for a short time before they repose. Hitoshi only suspected the weird aura of the villagers, but he didn't think it would affect the whole mission.

Now, he was beyond confused.

"You noticed that too, right?" asked Mitsuko, looking back at Hitoshi. Hitoshi nodded at her query. Mitsuko added, "I can't unsee the very off smile the girl gave me earlier."

Wait. She was approached by a girl?

"Then, what is our purpose of going out here?" asked Hitoshi.

Mitsuko replied, "You can go back if you want."

Hitoshi panicked at the sudden change of tone in Mitsuko's voice. He didn't meant it to come out rude. He was only tired of the journey they had to go here.

Hitoshi said, "I-I didn't mean it to be rude. Sorry."

Mitsuko continued walking. She said, "I know. You're just tired from travelling."

Before Hitoshi can speak, he noticed the guarded stance of Mitsuko. He picked up the feeling of being watched, so he went into his fighting stance. His hand hovered over his katana's grip.

Mitsuko mumbled, "Two. Two demons are here."

Just as she said that, two demons revealed themselves from the trees. Mitsuko moved swiftly and decapitated the demon she was in charge with.

Hitoshi, on the other hand, dodged the attack from the other. With his form of breath, he killed the demon.

The two of them looked at each other. They broke into smiles as they sheathe their blades back in their places.

Mitsuko commented, "You did great."

Hitoshi blushed at the compliment. He replied, "Thanks. You did great too."

They continued on hunting demons. They were able to slay some, but it was very few. You can count them with your hands. They stopped from time to time to rest. But, it was mostly Hitoshi. He was amazed at how Mitsuko can keep on going without showing any signs of being sleepy. Maybe she's a night person. Inferred Hitoshi.

The first rays of the Sun reached the sky. And the two pair of Demon Slayers went back to the inn they're residing momentarily.

They were greeted by a news.

Hitoshi exclaimed, "What?! The others are missing?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 2.5K 5
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
161K 8.2K 17
ABHIMANYU RATHORE is 28 years old. He belongs to Royal family. He is the oldest son in Rathore family. He is the CEO of Rathore Enterprise. He is the...
87.9K 1.2K 47
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
38.2K 2.2K 59
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...