Why Me? (TodoBaku)

By WokeASF

Depressed Bakugo tries to hide his secret. However, things never go his way. Word Count Total: 134, 990 More

Just A Little Heads Up
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue

Chapter Eighteen

19.5K 553 979
By WokeASF

Katsuki's POV:

It's Thursday and I could hardly sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about my date with Shoto today. I asked Kirishima if he thought the clothes that we tried on at Forever 21 were good enough for a date, and he said yeah. He asked me if I was going on a date and I told him no. He didn't believe me though. When I didn't tell him the truth, he got sad and gave up. I hate that I couldn't tell him. I'm too nervous about coming out and I don't know if Shoto wants to come out. It's a while after lunch now, so we should be leaving school in about an hour. Yesterday when I asked Mother if I could hang out with my friend after school today, she got suspicious and beat me.

When she was done, she said I could go, but if she finds out that 'I'm being a faggot', she'll kill me. I'm in class and after tapping my pen furiously, the bell finally rang. Me and Shoto are meeting at the store we went inside to change on Halloween. I brought my clothes with me to change there because I didn't want to run into Mother as I'm hurrying to leave. When the bell finally rings, I grab my stuff and rush out of the room. I try to get there as fast as possible so that I have enough time to change and pretty much get ready in the bathroom. I brought some Cologne. It's not too strong, but it's really good.

After a while, I get to the store, and then go into the restroom to change. I run into a stall and lock it before turning around and quickly taking off my school clothes and putting on the outfit that the guys and Mina got me. It's chilly outside so the checkered sleeves would be good and I didn't know whether or not to leave the chain. I wasn't going to wear the sunglasses and the chain kind of made it what it was. I don't even know if Shoto would like it. How would he dress? Are we going somewhere fancy? Ugghh I don't know. I'm going to ask him. I pull out my phone and go to his contact name 'snowflake.' I text him, 'are we going somewhere fancy?'

After a minute, he replies. It read, 'not anywhere fancy like the first restaurant I took you last time. It doesn't really matter because you'll look great anyways.' I blushed at the last part. I texted him back an 'okay thank you.' I decided to put on the chain. After a minute or two, I was done. I put on the scar make-up and double check the eye make-up. I put my stuff in my backpack and then head out. I brought my money so that I could buy my own dish. I would hate it if he thought that I expected him to buy everything. That was not going to work with me. I got out and was looking around the store. There were a few toys and snacks. I checked the time and saw that it was 4:36. We were going to meet at 4:45.

I continue looking around and then I hear the bell of the door. I turn around and see Shoto standing there. He's wearing a black turtle neck, some black skinny jeans, and some white converse. We make eye contact and we both smile. We start walking towards each other. "You look good," I say, trying to sound casual. I look away while saying that and when I look back up, I see that he's still looking at me. I get a confused look on my face. Do I look ugly? Did he realize that he's making a bad decision? "You look amazing Katsuki," he says. "I-um thanks," I say. I'm pretty sure my face is beet red. He sounded out of breath though. Did he run here or something? He didn't look sweaty or tired when he came in. "Why are you so out of breath? It doesn't look like you ran here." He looks at me for a moment before responding, "It's nothing. No I didn't run here." I just nod and stand there.

Shoto's POV:

Katsuki looked absolutely amazing. He was so breathtaking. I had breathed out, "you look amazing Katsuki," because he was just so wow. Anyways, we were just standing there before I realized that we were going on a date. I planned everything out. We're going to a park that no one really goes to. It's beautiful and I love going there. "Oh yeah let's go," I say. Before I turn around, I look at him and say, "Oh um can I hold your hand?" He nods. I see that he still has his stuff though. Did he just come here right after school? He only has his backpack, so maybe he brought his clothes in there. Why didn't he go home and change though? He still would've made it on time if he had gone home. I'll ask him later.

I grab his hand and see him blush before I walk out of the store with him in tow. "The place we're going is pretty far. What time do you have to be home?" He's next to me when he says, "At around 10." I nod. I planned to go to the park. I had a basket of food and a blanket hidden in a place that no one goes, so we'll be there. At around 7, I was thinking maybe we could go to the mall and get some ice cream from there or maybe watch a movie. I could take him shopping maybe. I just know that I want to spend as much time with him as I can. We're near the park and when I check the time I see that it's already 5:08.

We maneuver our way through some branches and bushes until I spot the tree that we're going to sit under. I had made all the food this morning and asked Mom to hide it in this area at around 4 while we were at school. She said that she left it in a bush that had some reddish flowers. I had also set up some small glass-like ornaments. The light reflected off of them and they looked like lights. They were intertwined with the branches and hanging off them too. It looked like they were a part of the tree. I spent hours looking for a whole bunch of these things. I didn't know where to find them, so I went to every possible store I could think of and they were, of course, in the last store I was going to check.

Just finding them took forever and putting them up was no different. I started looking right after school and then finished at around 1 or 2 in the morning. Then I woke up like at 4 to make the food I was going to bring.

When Katsuki saw the place, he gasped. He turned to look at me with this look on his face that screamed pure happiness. It made my heart skip a beat and all of the problems I had while setting this up, didn't matter at all. He jumped and hugged me which made me stumble back in surprise. "Thank you Shoto, it looks amazing. I love it." I smile at how happy he is. "I'm glad you like it, I didn't know if you wanted to go to a restaurant. I'm sorry if you did," I say as I'm scratching the back of my head nervously. "No way! Well, I didn't care where you took me, I just wanted to be with you. I'm just surprised that you did all of this. How long did it take?"

"It didn't take me that long," I lie. I didn't want him to worry about that. "I also made us some food," I say as I walk towards the bush with the red flowers. Thankfully no ants had gotten to the basket. I bring it back to the blanket under the tree and put it down. Me and Katsuki sit and he still has this happy look on his face. "You really like this?" He nods like a maniac. "It's beautiful Shoto. I really love it. Thank you." I look down and take out the food while saying, "You deserve more than this, and I plan on giving it to you. Just wait, you'll see how amazing you are. I'll prove it to you." When I look back up I see that he's crying. Great job Shoto, you made him cry on the first date.

"Hey what's wrong Katsuki? Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry," I say as I go over to him. He shakes his head. "No. You didn't say anything wrong. I just didn't know someone would ever care about me this much and I'm so happy right now." He wipes a tear and I want to hug him. I go to ask, but as I open my mouth to speak, Katsuki throws himself to hug me. We sit there for a while, just enjoying each other's company until it's interrupted by my stomach growling. Katsuki let's out a small laugh. I start laughing too and then go to grab the food. I hand him a plate with sushi on it and then grab one for myself.

"I was thinking we could go to the mall at around seven. I know we don't have a car, but we can rent a bike. You know those double person ones?" He starts laughing and his laugh makes me laugh. "Yeah that sounds great," he says. I nod and we continue eating. He asks me questions and I ask him some too. It doesn't get too personal. I want Katsuki to enjoy this. I don't want to make him feel like he's being interrogated. "Where is your favorite place to go?" He thinks about it for a but before saying, "The empty classroom we go in during lunch. It's fun being there with you." He smiles brightly at me and I can't help but smile back.

"Okay my turn, umm let's see. What's your favorite chocolate?" I reply quickly, "Bunch a Crunch." He smiles because of how fast I answered. "Hm that was fast." I nod proudly. "Which do you prefer. Sour or sweet?" He responds faster than the last time and says, "Sweet." We go on and on while eating until we're done. I check the time and see that it's already 7. We start putting our things away, and I grab the blanket and put it in the basket. We didn't bring any trash, so I just put the basket back where it was so that I could come get it tomorrow.

We walk back towards the street to find one of those bike rental places. Katsuki puts on his backpack and follows me. He goes to grab my hand and then acts like nothing is happening. As we continue walking, we finally see one. We walk towards it and then Katsuki let's go of my hand to pay for the bike. As he's about to put in the money, I stop him. "Hey, no. I'm paying." He looks at me before saying, "No, I can pay for this." I shake my head. I reply, "I didn't say that you couldn't, I'm just saying that I'm going to pay. I asked you on a date. That means I pay." He shakes his head. "Let's split it, yeah?" I knew that he wasn't going to take no for an answer so I just nod.

We pay and then hop on. Just getting on is a struggle, but we finally manage to balance ourselves after a whole bunch of laughing and falling. When Katsuki laughs, it makes me so happy because I'm the one who made him laugh. I was the one who put a smile on his amazing face. He wanted to go in the front because I was 'too tall' and I was going to block his view. When he said that though, it made me feel so amazing. He trusted me to be behind him. He told me he hates when people are behind them because he doesn't trust anyone, so the fact that this is happening, makes me feel like I'm doing something right. I will continue to do this so that Katsuki can have me to confide in. I will never break his trust.

We're biking to the mall and thankfully, we haven't fallen off. When we get there, we put the bike on a bike rack and head inside. "Where do you want to go Katsuki?" He thinks about it for a second before saying, "How about for some ice cream?" I nod. "Hm I expected you to want that." He smiles at me and grabs my hand. I don't know if he wants to keep this on the down low, so I whisper to him, "Are you alright with people finding out about us? I am, but if you aren't, I totally understand that." He shakes his head no before letting go of my hand. Instead, he just gets closer to me, so our shoulders and hands graze each other every once in a while.

When we get to the ice cream place, we see Hot Topic. "Oooo let's go there right now," I say pointing at the store. He nods excitedly. "Wait no I want to check out this other store that sells a whole bunch of snacks. Is that okay?" I nod, "Damn that sounds cool." He goes to pay for the ice cream, but I quickly hand the cashier the money. "Hey!" He says. I just wink at him and watch him blush. The cashier gives us our money before saying, "You guys are cute together." We both blush and thank him. He walks the opposite way of Hot Topic and leads me to this store of junk food. When we get there, I see a whole bunch of food. Ranging from super spicy chips, to really sour candy. They even have crazy looking drinks.

"Um wow," I say completely shocked. He nods before saying, "Yeah I know, they just opened sometime this week." I just nod my head in acknowledgement before grabbing his free hand and walking towards the spicy chip isle. We got small cones, so we're almost done with them. I take one last bite before throwing what's left of the cone into my mouth. I let go of Katsuki's hand to grab some of the chips to read the packaging. He finishes too, and then grabs some lemon chips. I've had those before and so has he. I have them at my house, but they're really good. He puts them back and goes to look at the candy. I grab a random bag that says, 'habanero' and follow him quickly.

He's looking at all the chocolates. "You want some?" He looks at me and nods. "Yeah, but no. I'm trying to save up, so I should be more responsible with my money. Ooo let's go to Hot Topic now," he says trying to change the subject. I shake my head. "Nope you're taking at least one and I'm paying. My dad is rich, I can have as much as I want, but all I want right now if for you to get something. Even if it's just one or two things. Please Katsuki?" He looks super guilty. "No, it's okay Shoto. Is that what you're taking?" He asks gesturing the bag of chips in my hand. I nod and as he turns around to walk to the cash register, I grab two of the chocolates he was looking at.

We go and I place the items down. When he sees the chocolates, he looks at me and asks, "Really?" I smile sheepishly and nod. I pay and wait for my change as I grab the bag. When she hands me the money, we start walking out. "I told you not to Shoto," he says. "I know but I just want to spoil you for a bit. Just let it be, it makes me happy. Also it's not hurting me to spend money on you. There's plenty of money that I can spend because when I get my allowance, I save it because I never really have anything to spend it on. Thankfully now I do because I have you." He just nods hesitantly. I can tell that when I spend money on him, he doesn't like it.

There's some people who will say, 'oh no don't waste your money on me,' but they don't really mean it. They just have a motive behind those words. Katsuki doesn't. It's like he thinks that it's burdening me. "Katsuki don't worry, I mean it when I say this is making me happy." I smile at him and he smiles back. As we walk into Hot Topic, he pulls me towards the band shirts. He's looking through them and I am too. He takes out a crop top and calls me. When I turn, I see that he has it over his shirt with a wig on and flipping his fake hair back like a girl. We both start laughing our heads off. As we're laughing, it gets interrupted. "Bakugo? Todoroki?" We stop and look up to see Kirishima with a surprised look on his face. He drops the piercing he had in his hands and when I turn to look at Katsuki, he's definitely freaked out.

***
Word Count: 2931
Did you guys expect the ending? Anyways a cliff hanger yay. I wanted to stop it here again because of the cliff hanger, so now you'll have to wait for Thursday. Next week is Thanksgiving break, so thankfully, I'll have more time to write. I'll write like 10 chaptets ahead, so that I can update at reasonable times. I just turned 16, so yeah. It seems so young when you think about it, BUTTTTTT I feel older than that. Hehe butt. Anyways have a great day and thanks for reading. What is your favorite holiday? Mine is Thanksgiving. Love you all and I hope you liked this chapter<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 132 15
"𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞,𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝" 𝘽𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙤𝙪 𝙆𝙖𝙩𝙨𝙪𝙠𝙞 𝙭 𝙏𝙤𝙙𝙤𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙞 𝙎𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙤 🖤🖤...
110K 1.9K 30
Todoroki is depressed and shit cause of damn endeavor fawk him and his abuse.soo anyways Bakuhoe helps him and yea......... Also this is my first sto...
14.9K 599 17
Shoto Todoroki is beloved by adversity. Although he struggled with depression most of his life, Endeavor's abuse only augmented the agony of fighting...
14K 781 23
Todoroki is reticent and withdrawn, but one day, he begins to smile quite frequently. This piques Kaminari's curiosity, so he decides to acquaint him...