'The Wolf Within'

By Incredibletosay

*This book is a good few years old now so apologies for the poor writing - make sure to check out my newest A... More

Author's Notes
Cast
Soundtrack
Trailer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11 part 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 18

2.1K 73 16
By Incredibletosay

• • •

"Cause you're so gorgeous 

Cause you make me feel gorgeous"

• • •

Zack led the way to the locker rooms where we hung our bags up and changed into our gym uniform. While we were changing I couldn't help sneak a couple of glances at Zack's body. He honestly had a body of a Greek god, with a nicely tanned six-pack. I kept my glances to a minimum scared of being caught out by him, due to the locker room being completely empty apart from us.

Our army combat uniform consisted of a khaki t-shirt under a camo shirt and trousers, paired with combat boots. Luckily, Zack told me that we only had to wear our shirts if we were taking part in physical exams or if it was just cold. So I copied Zack's actions in hanging up my shirt on the hook in front of me, along with my backpack.

• • •

I followed Zack into the gym I had visited only a couple of days prior.

"Ah, Cadets. Good of you to finally join us."

"Sorry, Ma'am I was informing Cadet Barnes of the buddy system and we lost track of time." Zack replied in his 'military' voice, which contrasted greatly to how he was speaking merely minutes ago. His voice, less smug, but now more dominant.

"Ah yes. Cadet Barnes. It's great to welcome you to K Unit. Unfortunately, as you two were both late you missed warm-up for training. You both can run two laps now instead. Count this as your punishment for your tardiness, both of you. Next time I won't be so lenient". Agent Hills commanded, causing Zack to reply with "Yes Ma'am." They both looked at me expectingly causing me to panic and quickly copy Zack's words. Hills simply nodded my way allowing Zack and I to begin our jog around the gym.

"Don't worry Wolfie, you'll soon get used to the way the academy does things," Zack reassured me, obviously noticing my worry.

We quickly finished our two laps around the gymnasium, as Agent Hills called us other to join the rest of the cadets lined up in front of her.

"Right, K Unit. We have a new Cadet joining us. You will tret Cadet Barnes like you do the rest of the unit." Hills announced to the other 20 cadets, causing them to turn their heads in my direction, in acknowledgment.

"Today, you will pair up and run through drills using the gloves and hand pads. Then tomorrow we will use the drills in real hand to hand situations. Any questions?" Hills questioned waiting a couple of seconds before nodding her head.

"Very well. Fall out." Allowing everyone to split off into pairs as they all went and grabbed the pads and gloves from the back of the room. 

I stood still for a minute probably looking like a lost sheep, unsure of what to do, until Zack tapped me on the arm, causing me to jump. 

"You're with me Cadet Barnes," he said with an apologetic smile, not meaning to scare me.

"You want to go first?" Zack queried causing me to shrug not really minding, as he handed me the boxing gloves. I slipped them on to my hand as Zack took up a firm stance with the pads already covering his hands. 

The cadets with pads had already began shouting out numerous hand drills to their partners. I turned to look at Zack nodding my head as if to say I was ready allowing him to run some drills.

"1-1-2!" Zack shouted out at me causing me to jump again at the commanding tone of his voice. Yet I quickly shook my memories of hydra that had started to appear in my head as I through two jabs and a cross punch at his gloved hands. 

I hit a little lighter than I normally would if I was running this drill with Bucky, knowing Zack would not be used to the ways I trained when I was part of hydra. 

We continued like this for about 20 minutes, until I had started to break a sweat, as Hills shouted for us to switch roles.

As soon as we had switched I looked at Zack checking he was ready before I shouted out some drills. 

"1-6-3-2 (Jab - right uppercut - left hook - right hand)!" They were a little more advanced than the drills Zack got me to run through but these were the ones I had remembered from running through sequences with Bucky. This caused Zack to look at me with a stunned look before he attempted to run through the drill, taking his time so he didn't mess up the order.

His shock expression had me wondering if maybe the other cadets here didn't know about my past. I then started to begin to wonder what would happen if someone found out I was ex-hydra. Will Zack despise me if he found out my past? 

I was immediately brought out of my thought process as I felt Zack's gloved hand come in contact with my right cheek. My thought process must have caused my hands to drop causing Zack to accidentally punch me. I looked up to find Zack standing there in shock as panic washed other his face.

"Oh my gosh, Wolfie! I am so sorry!" Zack rambled completely in shock that he had hit me, unaware of how he even had missed the pad. 

"What seems to be the problem Cadet Miller, Cadet Barnes?" Agent Hills shouted as she marched her way towards us, completely baffled as to why she had just witnessed one of her Cadets hit another Cadet.

"I accidentally hit Cadet Barnes, which I'm incredibly sorry for," answered, directing his apologies at me. "I accept full responsibility for the matter, ma'am." 

"I see. You're both excused, you may hit the showers now seen as there is only 15 minutes left. If needed Cadet Miller you will escort Cadet Barnes to the nurse's room." Hills commanded, seeing this was all just an accident.

"Ma'am yes, Ma'am." We both replied before exiting the room and making our way towards the showers. As soon as we exited the gym Zack was rambling apologies, causing me to smile as he reminded me of Bucky.

"Wolfie, I'm so sorry about that." 

"Don't worry about it, Zack. I've had worse." I chuckled rubbing the back of my neck shaking the memories of hours spent being tortured at hydra.

"You okay mate? You completely spaced out. I knew I was good looking but geez!" Zack teased with a smirk causing me to blush as he began to strip down out of his combat uniform, grabbing his towel before walking towards the communal showers. 

I felt hesitant to follow Zack into the shower, seeing as it was just the two of us... completely naked. But mainly I was scared he would judge my scar covered back, courtesy of hydra. 

I decided I might as well get over my insecurities knowing that I would have to take a shower at some point, and showering with Zack was better than dealing with the rest of the boys in 15 minutes.

I walked into the communal shower with just a towel wrapped around my waist as I saw the back of Zack in the far corner. I hung up my towel alongside Zack's and headed to the opposite side of the shower room, only to interrupted by Zack.

"These three showers on this wall are the only ones without scolding hot or freezing water. But be my guest," Zack announced with a smirk as he obviously checked me out, knowing I skeptical of showering in such close proximity of him. I was slightly surprised that he was checking me out but decided to ignore the scars that littered my body.

"I'm not going to bite," he chuckled noticing my discomfort standing so close to him being naked. "... unless you ask me to," he winked with a smirk causing me to scoff and roll my eyes at his flirtatious remark.

I pressed the shower on and began to wash all the sweat of my body, relaxing into the warm water. Until I felt the presence of eyes staring at my causing me to turn to look up, only to find Zack.

"Wow, I got you pretty good, huh," Zack commented as he reached out his hand holding my cheek as he looked at the small bruise forming. For some reason, I went against my instinct of cowering back and instead I found myself leaning into his touch.

His tongue slipped out from his mouth wetting his lips as he leaned in towards me. He could probably hear my heart beating a million miles an hour. I closed my eyes as my stomach twisted in a knot, holding my breath. Completely and utterly terrified as I felt his warm breath on my lips.

All of a sudden the sound of a door opening and numerous people chatting filled the locker room causing me to open my eyes to find Zack walking away.

"Catch you later Wolfie," a huge smug smirk evident in his tone.

A/N

Gosh darn it zack is a tease. I wasn't going to write his character like this but something has led me to and I don't know why.

anyways you might have noticed I decided to treat this as the next chapter instead of part... i just want to go into more detail and have it as a chapter not a part... we still got a couple more lessons so there would end up being 5 parts... im rambling now.

anyways please vote and comment what you think xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84K 2.4K 44
"I stopped waiting for a new family. It was harder to get hurt that way. Now, I'm realizing the only hard thing is returning the love you're giving m...
33.5K 1.2K 12
แด˜ส€แด‡แด ษชแดแดœsสŸส แด‹ษดแดแดกษด แด€s =sแดแดœส€ in which an amnesiac Slayer loses herself in the world of magic and mages. Will she and her terrible memory survive? Or wil...
239K 10.1K 60
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
61.9K 2.6K 19
Mari Greenfield. A name everybody knows, from whispers on the street, to every pack in North America and still farther. Why, because she's the most d...