The Equal Claim

By JessSolanki

24 year old Athena is on her journey to success; but she has a secret. She is not human. What happens when At... More

Authors' Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue
Sequel Announcement

Chapter 34

3.4K 152 51
By JessSolanki

Theo and I are having our breakfast next morning when we hear a knock on the door. I look at him, confusion all over my face. ''It's too early for him to come isn't it?''

I get up and walk to the door and I recognize the scent from the other side.

''Ethan? And uhhh Axel, what brings you here so early in the morning?'' I ask as I open the door for them to come in.

''Morning to you too Ena,'' Ethan answers and Axel gives me a small smile as they both walk in.

''Neat place bro,'' Ethan says as he marvels the house; Axel awkwardly shuffling behind him.

''What are you two doing here?'' I ask him but he ignores me and walks towards Theo. I look at Axel for an answer and he just shrugs.

''Oh hey Ethan, didn't expect you until later,'' Theo says as he emerges from the kitchen.

His eyes zero in on Axel and they both stare at each other intensely. The tension in the room so thick you could cut it with a knife.

''Ahemm...you called them here? Why?'' I ask Theo accusingly at the same time trying to divert his attention.

''Yes love I did. Ethan and the beta here want to help.''

''It's Axel,'' he comments gruffly.

''Come again,'' Theo says in a threatening voice and takes a step towards him. ''Theo no, stop it!'' I shout and come stand in front of him as he stops.

''I don't understand why you guys are here; we will handle this. You can go back,'' I tell them.

''No one is going anywhere Ena, we are here to help you in this. Theo might have agreed to let you go with that man but that doesn't mean I do.''

''You don't make my decisions for me Ethan. Sebastian is the only person who knows where this place is. Besides in some weird way we are friends.''

''You're friends with him Athena, seriously!'' Axel shouts and attempts to come close.

''Hey man, back off,'' Theo warns him and comes to stand by my side.

I try to hide my smile but fail miserably and catch Ethan's eye as he winks at me. Damn him; his having fun being an audience to this interaction.

''Look you guys, I know it's stupid for me to go with Sebastian and then come back for you all but I've been thinking and I have a feeling that I can convince Sebastian to agree to it, but the possessiveness and jealousy has to stay away,'' I say in a stern voice looking at both Theo and Axel respectively.

''Morning guys, waiting for the big bad wolf are we,'' Aiden jokes as he walks in and grabs a waffle from my plate.

''Hey that was....'' I complain, ''never mind, it's gone,'' and I watch him wolf down the waffle. Pun intended.

''I hope that we find Nadia today, mom's super worried. She hasn't slept properly in days,'' Aiden says in a worried voice.

''Well count yourself lucky little man, because help has arrived,'' a smug voice says from the doorway.

I never thought I would say this; but boy am I happy Sebastian's here.

I look at Theo who has his poker face on, but I can feel his emotions. He is worried for both me and Nadia. Scared too, clearly he doesn't trust Sebastian. I squeeze his hand in reassurance.

''Well aren't you going to welcome me in to your home brother,'' he says opening his arms wide, his black eyes shining with playfulness.

''Come in Sebastian, make yourself comfortable,'' Theo replies.

''That I'll do but first...'' he chides and walks to Ethan.

''You must be Athena's brother, pleasure to meet you,'' and extends his hand forwards. Ethan shakes it eyeing him warily as he walks towards Axel.

''Ahhh... and you must be the ex, am I right?'' he smirks and I catch him side eyeing Theo clearly wanting to garner a reaction.

''uhh.... the names Axel,'' he replies and Sebastian chuckles, ''of course it is.''

''Brothers,'' he mock salutes at Aiden and Theo and finally turns to me. 

''Darling, always a delight to see you,'' he says in a sweet voice and I smile at him.

''So shall we?'' he extends his right arm to me.

''Uhh could I talk to you for a minute before we leave?''

''Sure darling, lead the way,'' and we walk out to the front porch.

''So...I know you said you only want me to go with you but can you at least let these guys follow us, because we don't know what we are up against and I'd feel safe knowing they are all there with me,'' I lie to him and put on my best remorseful smile ever.

''No can do Athena. I had put a condition and Theo agreed to it; so yeah... that's about it,'' he says and starts to walk down the steps but I grab him by the arm and pull him back. I can't believe I'm about to do this.

''Sebastian please, if you ever thought of me as your friend; you will consider this,'' I whisper and let go of his arm to create some distance between us. 

''Right, so now that you need me, we are friends is it?'' he says accusingly. Well he got me there.

I sigh and shake my head, '' fine, I'll go get my jacket,''and walk towards the door.

 ''Athena.... wait,'' he calls and I stop. 

''Regardless of everything you are my friend and so I will allow them to follow us....but we get a 10-minute head start and when I tell you, you can mind link Theo and they can follow our scents, is that okay?''

I nod and walk into the house to get my jacket. ''Got it love, '' Theo says before I can speak and we all walk out. 

''Charles and Mila will be staying behind taking care of the pack while we're gone,'' he informs me.

''Ready darling?'' Sebastian asks, ''Yeah ready, let's go.''

Theo pulls me in for a passionate kiss and I return it back. I see him smirk as we pull away and glare at him. He just did it purposely to piss Axel off and I can see it working as Axel looks away uncomfortably. I hug Ethan and Aiden and lastly hug Axel; only to piss of Theo.

 ''Behave,'' I warn them both.

Sebastian and I walk around the house down a winding path that leads to the deepest parts of the forests. Even deeper than where we are located.

''So the beta boy still has feelings for you,'' he comments and I look at him. 

''Are you confirming the obvious to me or are you asking me?'' I question him.

''A little bit of both darling,'' he chuckles. '' You know; I don't understand what you saw in him. I mean, there are way better men out there.''

''Ohh so you're now an expert, are you?'' I tease him. ''Well I don't like to flatter myself but if the shoe fits then why not,'' he replies and I scoff.

''Gosh you're so conceited, thinking a bit too much of yourself aren't you?'' I ask as we come up to a narrow path and are forced to walk behind each other. 

''I wouldn't call myself conceited darling, just very goal driven.''

We continue walking for a while when he says,'' You can tell Theo and the others to come,'' and I nod.

''Heyy, you guys can come now...just follow our scents,'' I mind link him.

''Okay love we are coming.... are you okay? Has he done anything stupid yet?

''I'm fine Theo. He is surprisingly being civil. I'll see you at the clearing, '' I reply and cut the link off.

''Thank you Sebastian, for listening to me,'' I say honestly and he looks back.

''Not a problem darling. I would kill for you,'' he says the last part in a whisper but I didn't quice catch it as we hear a loud rustling sound.

''Get back Athena,'' he warns and I look at him in irritation.

''I said get back,'' he pushes out his left hand to stop me and I shove it away to walk past him. 

''Damn alpha female,'' he grumbles and follows me quietly as I approach the sound warily.

Suddenly something leaps out of from the bushes and jumps on me as I fall back to the ground. 

''I told you stay back, damn woman can't listen to me,'' Sebastian says in an annoyed voice.

I look at the animal properly, it's a coyote. Guess it was out hunting and smelled us. It latches it's claws on my shoulders and growls.

 ''Oh not my shoulder you bitch, this thing just healed a day ago,'' I grumble and use my strength to shove it off me. It lands on its side and whimpers a bit before getting up and snarling at me, it's teeth snapping.

''Guess it's time to show you who the boss is little one,'' I say as my eyes flash red and a growl rips through my throat. The coyote recognizes me as an alpha and whimpers , she lowers herself to the ground before running off in the opposite direction.

I hear slow claps from behind me and I turn to find Sebastian who is casually leaning against a tree an impressive look on his face.

 ''Nice!!! I'm impressed darling,'' he comments and starts walking ahead. I just shake my head at him. Idiot.

Soon we come to a place that is strangely familiar but I couldn't put a finger on it. We continue walking until I notice the trees becoming fewer and fewer. Guess we are close and sure enough we come to a clearing and my entire body feels with dread.

This part of the land is dry, all signs of life long gone. A sense of eeriness fills me as I shiver.

''This is where it all happened 23 years ago?'' I ask him.

''yes, this is it and I'm guessing that's where Caleb has Nadia,'' he replies and points towards what looks like an opening of a cave.

''Are you sure Sebastian? I mean, what if there are bears in there?''

''Oh Athena all these months living here and you're scared of bears?'' he mocks me.

''I'm not scared okay, I'm just skeptical,'' I reply. 

''Yeah right. Skeptical.''

We proceed cautiously to the cave and I can hear noises from inside. Sebastian gestures me to keep quiet as we continue walking in.

''I know you're there Athena.... I can smell you,'' I hear Caleb's annoying voice.

I buckle up and walk in with pride, '' Caleb you son of a bitch!'' I yell. 

''Ahh ahh Athena, I would be nice to me if I were you,'' he says in a sinister voice.

''Where is she?'' Sebastian says from behind me and a look of shock and something else passes across Caleb's face and he is about to say something but immediately stops.

''He asked you something Caleb, where is Nadia?'' I demand and he laughs like a maniac.

''Why she is right in front of you Athena,'' he gestures towards an empty wall and I look around in confusion. 

''Aww can't see her, can you? You see I made some new friends and we all have something in common; we hate Theo Argent.''

''I actually wanted to kidnap you first, ah the sight of Theo squirming would have been a delight but alas I couldn't get to you; you would've easily subdued me you know, with all that strength that you carry around, '' he sneers.

''What do you want Caleb?''

''I want to see Theo beg for his sister's life to me. On his knees!'' he hisses.

''Taking it too far aren't you Caleb?'' Sebastian says and he turns to look at him in distaste.

''That will never happen Caleb, you will never see me beg; especially to the likes of you, '' I hear Theo's voice from behind and a sigh of relief escapes me.

''I see you brought company. Don't worry I have company too,'' he smiles sadistically, ''you can come out now.''

We all turn to look on Caleb's left as 2 women who seem to be in their early thirties walk out. I eye their bohemian attires and beaded jewelry. These must be the witches.

''Theo Argent, it's been a long time hasn't it?'' one of them asks in a sweet honey like voice.

''Let my sister go, '' he threatens.

''And what will you do if we don't, kill us? Because your father already did that 23 yrs ago and look where that has brought us now,'' the other one replies.

''The whole coven was wiped out? how are you two alive?'' Ethan asks.

''We were kids when the attack happened,our parents used a cloaking spell to hide us but we saw everything. How every member of our coven was slaughtered by your father and his men!!'' The older one shouts and points at Theo, anger visible in her eyes.

''Nadia has nothing to do with this, please let her go, '' I say trying to negotiate with them.

''Nadia here is nothing but collateral damage, what we really want is revenge. Since your father is not here you will be on the receiving end of it Theo and if your family goes down with you; the better it is for us,'' the latter says.

One of them mutters something under a breath and I see Nadia come into view from behind them.

She is chained to the wall and I see blood dripping off her forehead. '' Let her go!'' I shout as anger takes over me and my eyes flash red.

''Ohhh there she is; the alpha female! I heard you were strong. Let's see if you're strong enough to take us down,'' She snarls.

''Selene, Celeste; I think my work here is done, I should leave now, '' Caleb says and proceeds to make a move. The witches try to reach for him but Aiden gets to him first.

''Where do you think you're going Jensen? You and I have unfinished business,'' Aiden growls and I see Caleb stiffen in fear.

A sinister smile appears on one of the witches face who I'm assuming is Celeste. ''Good luck getting out of here alive.''

The witches suddenly vanish into thin air and we hear howls and growls from outside as a rotten stench fills inside the cave.

Damn it! We are surrounded and that too by rogues.

****

Sebastian is back!!!

what do you guys think of the chapter. Thoughts in the comments below.

-Jessica.S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2M 327K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...
1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
1.6M 60.4K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...
42.3K 818 37
Evie a 19 year old lone rouge she-wolf is content with her life. She moves from place to place teasing the packs, people and rouges. The last thing s...