At One With Water

By zara1581

Attack on Titan: Merman Levi + Human Reader AU: When visiting an aquarium to get away from your abusive fart... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Book 2 + New Book

Chapter 8

19.3K 613 177
By zara1581

As soon you heard your father's stomps through the kitchen you jumped into action, you grabbed Hange's arm and dragged her over to the bed and shoved her underneath "stay there don't say anything no matter what happens to me"

You also grabbed your bag and shoved it under the bed with Hange to hide her from your farther's piercing gaze. Thundering footsteps came up the stairs just as you jumped away from your bed and stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, you tried to make yourself look less suspicious but you were out of time.

The door opened quickly, not fast enough to slam against the wall but enough to make you jump on the spot. Your farther stood in the door looking at you with a frown, you fidgeted under his gaze.

"There's a car outside" he growled.

"Is there?" Your voice came out shaky and you worried he would see through your lie.

His eyes scanned your room looking for anything out of the ordinary. You tensed when his eyes moved over your bed, you inwardly sighed in relief when they quickly moved away. You tensed again though when he stopped looking around and then began to walk closer to you.

"Give me more money, this isn't enough" he demanded.

You nodded and turned going through all of your now empty draws, you didn't open them very far so that he could see in them and see that you didn't have anything else in your draws. Your heart dropped when you realised that you had no more money.

Slowly you turned back around "Sorry. I have no more money. I'm so sorry".

You watched his frown deepen at your words. He was considering what you said, this could only go bad, you tensed and readied yourself for a punch or a kick.

He delivered a punch, your face was the contact point and you fell to the floor, but still sat up. You tried to look anywhere but your father, knowing that if you made eye contact with him your beating would be ten times worse. That challenging part of you was beaten out of you a long time ago, within the first week of living with him.

He grabbed your scruff and pulled you up to his face so that his spit could spray you "tomorrow you better have double or your going to the basement, and you know what that means."

Just after he had said this Hange must have slipped her arm or something and banged against your suit case as a scraping sound came through the silence as your farther was holding you by the scruff. Out of the corner of your eye you saw your suitcase poking out from under your bed.

Your farther's head turned, he must have seen your case it was hard to miss. He dropped you back to your but and walked over to the suitcase, he pulled it out from under your bed and dumped it in front of you with a bang making you jump at the noise.

"And what exactly is this?" He pointed you it a growled low.

"Just a suitcase, I moved in with it." You murmured.

"And what exactly are you doing with it under your bed and full?" His voice was so low you barely heard it.

"I moved it and am using it for my work stuff while I clean out a draw to put them in" you answered quickly.

You watched as he grabbed the zip on the side of the case and slowly but surely undid it, luckily the last things you had packed were your work clothes so all he could see were the blues and blacks that were your uniform, as long as he didn't go digging through it you wouldn't be punished too badly.

"I better find them in a draw by the time I get back, you understand? I can't have you running away on me" he was no longer growling but instead was clear as he once again lifted you up by your scruff.

You nodded fearfully and he dropped you straight after and then stormed out of your room, as soon as he was out of view you wiped your face with your hands. You hissed when your hand brushed your recent punches cheek, when your hand came away from your face your saw little drops of blood on your fingers.

Finally, when the front door slammed again you called to Hange "Hange you can come out now".

You stood and let out and let out a shaky breath to make yourself seem fine to Hange's outside eye, you were embarrassed that she had to witness and be around for your farther's evilness. You turned your face away from her so that she couldn't see what had happened.

"(Y/N) are you ok?" Hange rushed over to you trying to see any damage.

"Yes, I'm fine, we can sort it out later, we need to get out of here first" you grabbed her and your suit case trying to quickly get out of your house before your father came back.

You ran down the stairs and cautiously peered our looking for your farther, once you were sure he was nowhere to be found you opened the door and then ran to Hange's car. Your eyes widened at the sight of it, your farther must have done it to her car. They were key lines running the whole way down the sides on the car and all over the bonnet.

"Hange I'm so sorry I'll pay for it to be fixed" you shook fearing that Hange would hate you for this.

"No don't worry it was your father not you, I'll put in a complaint with the police and they'll sort this out, most likely he'll have to pay a fine" Hange explained and she took your case from your hands and headed to the boot where more of the paint was scratched.

You then jumped into her car shaking as Hange quickly followed behind "you're OK now. He can't hurt you ever again"

You loved Hange for this, she never blamed you for your farther's behaviour and you felt completely safe around her, one of only two people had that type of trust with you, one being Hange the one begin Levi.

*Time Skip*

You had considerably calmed down when you had gotten to Hange's house, and with her help, started to unpack into an unused room.

"Do you go to school (Y/N)" Hange asked.

"Yes I'm back again tomorrow." You answered.

"Ohhhhh, I was wondering why your name was on the schedule late tomorrow" Hange smiled.

You didn't say anything and just smiled back. You saw her eyes widen at your face "omg. We need to sort your face".

Hange dashed over to you pulling the clothes out your hands before seating on your new bed, and then running off for what you presumed was the first aid kit.

Her stomping feet soon started to come back towards the room, a rattling with it from the contents in the small plastic box following. She came in with a smile and then bang to treat you wounds slowly and carefully.

"So, how's school going?" Hange asked.

You were surprised at the question, you were never asked how school was going. Your mind flicked to your second hell, Kieran's torment every day, taking your money and scaring you away from the cafeteria leaving a deep hunger settling in your stomach that you couldn't even solve when you got home.

"It's fine, I don't have any friends, so I just have to get through it" you looked away from her.

She paused looking at you in concern before shaking her head once you presented her with a smile "do you have enough money for lunch?".

"No, but it fine, I don't ever eat lunch anyway" you answered.

*Time skip*

You walked the halls of your second hell, other students ran and barged past you like you were completely invisible. For the moment this invisibility you had gave you a sense of security, maybe Kieran wouldn't see you.

This is how school always was, the other kids ignoring you until Kieran would pick on you. Then they would pay attention just to get a laugh out of your pain. You had no friends and kept to yourself, just to keep out of trouble with the other students, your anxiety was still constantly on edge.

You were desperate to run away back to the aquarium, see Levi, and see where Erwin had gotten with opening up his home to the public. Ideas for keeping him calm had been bouncing around your head all night, all of them ending with you being in the tank with Levi.

You managed to make it to your locker without being caught but that was because they were waiting for you "I'm surprised you're still alive after you knocked yourself out and fell into a tank with a murderous creature."

Laughter followed, you didn't look at them, you just stood there waiting for them to move out of the way of your locker so you could run away to class.

"Money?" Kieran thrust his hand out to you. Everyone was out for your money, no matter where you were someone wanted your money.

You sighed to yourself ready with what was about to come "I don't have any".

"I don't believe you" he began walking towards you.

You stepped back in time with his steps trying to stay at least past an arms length away from him "I'm not lying I promise"

He sped up and once he reached you, he violently shoved you against the lockers, pain exploded in your back and at certain points you felt the sharp edges of the locker digging into your back like pin pricks. He nodded to his meat heads who started to search your clothes and pockets for the money they thought you were hiding.

He tutted when his meat heads stepped back and shook their heads indicating that there was nothing. Before you could even blink you were lifted by your jacket, which dig into you under your arm pits, and then shoved you back into a nearby bin. Everyone around watching the torment began laughing at your pathetic state as your clothes were ruined and your shoes began to soak through with an unknown liquid sat that the bottom of the bin.

The bell sounded and all laughter does down as everyone ran to their classes. You felt tears begin to run down your cheeks from the embarrassment, you couldn't go to class looking like you had been living in a dumpster and the only spare clothes you had were your work clothes.

Knowing this you dashed away and out of school, ignoring all of the concerned eyes that watched you as your ran, from unaware passers by. You went straight to work; they wouldn't mind and you could actually start to plan the opening of Levi's tank. You would worry about the questions later.

————————————
AN:
Hello❤️

My new Levi + Reader Oneshots book is out. Please go and check it out if you have time.

One again thank you for reading At One With Water ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 517 60
Growing up together in the Underground, Anya and Levi had been together ever since they could remember. Fate tore them apart, and kept them apart, ag...
679 13 18
You come from Marley on one of the ships to inspect the "Heaven". But instead of investigating, you end up being held by the survey corps (as an impo...
131K 5K 43
{Levi x Reader} {Trilogy: Pt 2} **Read 'Breaking Barricades' first!** When one threat is eliminated, another will take its place. This time, Levi kn...
6.8K 109 50
"Listen to me. Life is cruel and unfair. It only gives you one chance, so don't fuck it up." ~ (Levi Ackerman X Reader) (Y/n) ha...