Burning Wild

Od dawn_norwell

"Jake couldn't stop his eyes from dropping to my body. His gaze lingered on my curves, his face thirsting for... Viac

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Seven

1.2K 72 1
Od dawn_norwell

"Let's get out of here," Jake murmured, the innuendo in his words not lost on me.

The ride back to Chico was quiet, each of us lost in our own thoughts. The last few weeks had been full of ups and downs, but I was flying high knowing that Jake loved me. I had never been as happy as I was at that moment. I found myself eager to be back in the comfort of our home, with the man that I loved.

When we got back to the house, Jake went to the kitchen and opened a bottle of wine. He poured me a glass and I took a deep drink, allowing the rich, fruity flavor to fill my mouth. It sent warmth coursing through my body, and with it, a sense of confidence. 

As the alcohol worked its magic, we found ourselves laughing, and dancing erratically to the rhythms of Kendrick Lamar. But when the song changed to Miguel's "Sure Thing", the laughter stopped. Our smiles faded as we looked deeply into each other's eyes.

Jake held out his hand and I put mine in it, as he twirled me gracefully into his arms. He pulled me close, his hands wrapped around my waist as we swayed to the rhythm of the song.

Jake sighed. "I could stay like this forever," he murmured in my ear, his words causing my heart to skip a beat. 

"So could I," I smiled. "Thank you for today. It was a magical first date."

I took a step forward, closing the small distance between us. I cupped his face with my hand, caressing his cheekbone gently with my thumb as the cadences of the song crooned in the background. His skin was soft, save for the stubble of a beard that was just starting to form. Jake basked in my touch, leaning his cheek into the palm of my hand and closing his eyes.

My hand was still pressed against his face when he leaned in and touched his lips to mine. When Jake pulled away and opened his eyes, they were smoldering. I had seen this look before, but this time was different. His eyes were more intense, the passion burning beneath the color of his brown irises.

I felt the tingle in my abdomen, reciprocating his desire. I wasn't sure what was on his mind but I suspected it was similar to my own thoughts, which involved both of us naked beneath his sheets. I blushed at the mental image, hoping that Jake didn't notice.

Our lips met again as Jake planted his warm lips forcefully on mine. There was nothing sweet and gentle about the interaction. This kiss was full of longing and need, the lustful passion spreading fiercely like a fire uncontained. Our thirst for one another was nearly tangible.

Jake's lips left mine and began slowly kissing my neck. I felt my body ignite under his touch, his mouth leaving my skin tingling with each touch. His hands wandered from my hips to my butt. He squeezed my cheeks as he pulled me closer to him.

It intensified my yearning to know he wanted me. I began to gyrate against him; the friction of our bodies massaging against one another felt delightful. Jake must have enjoyed the feeling too because I felt the familiar bulge of his pants against my leg. A groan escaped his lips, and he tilted his head back in pleasure.

Unable to make it to the bedroom, Jake cleared off the kitchen bar in a rush, causing the wine glasses to topple over and sending the pink liquid sprawling across the floor. But he hardly noticed the mess he had made because at that moment he only had eyes for me.

Jake placed his hands on my shoulders and pressed me backward until I was lying flat on the kitchen bar, my legs dangling over the edge. He kissed every inch of my body, his lips trailing from my mouth, down my neck, to my breasts, kissing each one gently.

A naughty look crossed his face as his brown eyes locked with mine. Then he hiked up my skirt, causing me to gasp in surprise as his head disappeared beneath the pink fabric. I barely had time to comprehend what he was about to do when his sultry tongue touched my clit, sending shudders through my body. I moaned as the warmth of his mouth as did its work. His tongue moved with tantalizing slowness, circling unhurriedly as he prolonged my torment.

As Jake moved more rapidly, I was consumed by a sensation I'd never experienced before. It was as if I had been possessed by a sexual demon when my legs wrapped around his neck, pulling his face closer to my sex. I felt him smirk against me, pleased about the satisfaction he was providing.

As I felt the familiar tension building in my abdomen, my vision began to blur. I bit down on my lip and grabbed Jake's head, giving his hair a gentle tug. I pleaded for him to keep going and he did as I asked, his tongue continuing the torturous circles over and over again until my back was arching off of the kitchen counter, and I was calling out his name as loudly as I could.

After I finished and my heart rate started to return to normal, Jake eased me down from the kitchen counter. He kissed me gently, and I tasted the saltiness of myself on him, something that turned me on more than I would have expected it to. Jake began to undress me slowly until I was left standing in nothing but my satin bra, panties, and black heels.

Jake hoisted me into his burly arms and carried me the navy couch in the living room. I felt the familiar tightness as Jake entered me, moving slowly and deeply with each thrust.

The feeling of having Jake inside of me was incredible, but not just in the physical sense. Jake loved me, and I loved him, and nothing brought me more pleasure than knowing that. For the first time since we met, this man was completely and truly mine.

The idea made me want him more. I used my fingers on his muscular back to draw him closer to me. I began moving with him, the two of us finding a pleasant rhythm with the other.

Each insertion brought Jake closer to climax. As he neared the brink, I held his head between my fingers, looking deeply into his eyes as I longed for him to cum inside of me. My wish was granted as he gave one final thrust, and was sent to sweet oblivion.  

I was woken up by the vibrant hues of the January sunrise radiating through the living room windows. It was bright, too bright. My head ached from drinking so much wine. Jake's arm was draped over me in a protective gesture. Despite my throbbing head, I couldn't help but smile when I saw him.

I allowed my fingertips to trace the blue veins that popped out over his large bicep, moving my fingers gently so as not to wake him up. I kissed the scars along his arm, my eyebrows furrowing as I remembered that they were the result of a selfless sacrifice that nearly cost him his life to save mine.

Jake's eyelids fluttered open at my touch. The corners of his lips turned up when he saw me.

"Good morning," he said softly, rubbing his swollen eyelids.

"Good morning," I whispered.

I was acutely aware of my morning breath, but Jake didn't seem to mind. He kissed me deeply, despite my halitosis.

With a heavy sigh, he rolled off the couch and got to his feet.

"I could use a shower. Care to join me?" he asked, holding out his scarred arm.

I smiled and took his hand, following him upstairs, wearing nothing but my undergarments. Jake turned on the shower, and the roar of the cascading water echoed around us, intensifying the aftereffects of the wine. 

"Oof," he said, rubbing his forehead.

"I'm hungover too," I admitted with a small laugh.

Jake strode out of his boxer shorts and stepped into the shower. I felt my eyes bulge as I took in his impressive member, standing fully alert this morning. Although I was still tender from the previous night's intercourse, I felt the prickle of longing in my belly once again.

The water dripping over his muscular body was the sexiest thing I had ever seen. Jake squirted shower gel onto his loofah and began rubbing the foam over his arms, his biceps flexing with each movement. He turned to look at me, and I noticed his eyes were dancing wickedly.  

"Lucky for us, I know the best cure for a hangover," he said with a wink.

I felt my panties moisten as he gestured for me to join him in the shower. Without hesitation, I stripped naked and stepped inside the glass enclosure. Jake's hand got lost in my tangled hair as he pulled me into his arms, pressing me against the shower wall.

Jake and I made love once again, giving in to our desires until the hot water was gone, and we were left laughing, forced to wash off in the ice-cold current. 

                      * * * * * * * * * *

The passing months seemed to bring good tidings to our home, and to our relationship. That wasn't to say that Jake and I had things completely figured out, because we certainly didn't. But when we were together, none of that was relevant. Jake loved me and I loved him, and that was all that mattered. We knew deep down that the other things would work themselves out in time.

Even though Jake had made great progress, there were still times when he would relapse into his old, bitter self. There were occasions when it was hard for him to talk about Elena and the kids, like on their birthdays and his wedding anniversary. I learned how to be there for him during the difficult times, encouraging him to celebrate their life rather than mourning their death.

Jake was receptive to the suggestion, and soon, picture frames that had been stuffed into the back of his closet for years started to resurface. The smiling faces of his family lined the walls of the house once again. It made the place more inviting and made it feel more like home.

I grew to love the photos surrounding me and adored seeing the individuals in them, because I knew that they had helped shape Jake into the man that I loved today.

It never got any easier seeing Jake leave for work. I was happy to see how much he loved his job, but it terrified me to see him walk out the door each morning. Firefighter shifts were often lengthy, ranging anywhere from 12 to 24 hours at a time. It was agonizing to wait so long to see him again, to make sure that he had made it through another workday unscathed.

Sure, we would text during his shifts, but it's not like he could take his cell phone with him when the station got a call. There were long periods where I wouldn't hear from Jake, stretches of time where I wouldn't know if he was okay or not. I was always left to think of the worst-case scenario. 

I never told Jake just how torturous it was to watch him go to work, but I think he knew. He never left without a smile and a long, enduring kiss goodbye. During those few seconds, his lips managed to wash away every fear and worry that I had, even if only for a little while. Then the moment was over and he was gone, and I was left to fret once more.

My consolation prize was the joy and relief I felt when Jake came home each day unharmed. Because of the danger of his work, we never wasted a moment when we were with each other. Time was a precious thing, and we made each second count to the best of our ability.

My friendship with Mariana had grown just as rapidly as my relationship with Jake had. I'd grown up as an only child, but I learned what it was like to have a sibling because Mariana had become like a sister to me. We would text all day, and at night, we would FaceTime without fell.

I was happy to hear that Mariana and Dwayne were still an item. Things seemed to be just as hot and heavy with the duo as they were when Mariana had visited during the holidays. So much so, that Dwayne had decided to move to San Diego to be closer to Mariana.

I suspected the day would come when they took things to the next level, but it didn't lessen the surprise I felt when she videoed Jake and me one night, giddy with excitement as she showed off the large diamond on her left ring finger.

"You've only been together for a couple of months!" Jake muttered, not even attempting to hide his disbelief.

"But I've known Dwayne for years now, thanks to you," Mariana countered. Jake's eyes narrowed into slits. "Besides, life is too short to wait around for some sort of cosmic sign to tell you that you're doing the right thing. You just have to listen to your gut instincts. When you know, you know."

Jake looked like he wanted to argue, to tell Mariana that she had lost her mind, but I kicked his leg under the table, telling him to behave.

Jake sighed. "I'm happy that you're happy, Sis. I just don't want you to rush into things, or get hurt."

"I know. And that's why I love you." Mariana smiled. "But you don't have to worry about me, Jake. What Dwayne and I have is the real deal. How many men do you know who would drop their entire lives and move to San Diego to help care for their future in-laws? Not many," she countered. "Dwayne is the one for me, I just know it. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

I smiled at the excitement in her voice. "We're happy for you, Mariana. For both of you. Just let us know what day the wedding is scheduled for, and we will be there."

"Well, I would hope so. It would be much of a wedding without our best man and maid-of-honor," Mariana said, smiling at my shocked expression.

"Me? The maid-of-honor?" I stuttered, pointing at myself like an idiot.

I understood Jake being the best man. He was Mariana's brother and Dwayne's best friend, so it made sense. But I had even never considered the privilege of being in Mariana's bridal party, let alone her maid-of-honor.

"Of course, Cat. You're my best friend. I wouldn't want anyone else to stand by my side as I marry the love of my life."

My eyes pricked with tears, and my heart was full of warmth. I was overcome with emotion that Mariana considered me a good enough friend to be able to share this special day with her.

I was truly blessed.

Thank you for reading! If you are enjoying this story so far, don't forget to vote! :)

© Dawn Norwell

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

172K 6.9K 71
**READ CAT & HER FIRST LOVE BEFORE READING THIS** Catherine: They say that true love is selfless, that it's always prepared to sacrifice one's own h...
7.8K 770 59
#1 in Adultromance🤭 "She's messing up with my brains again!" Stefano shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath trying to fight off the feeling he...
1.4M 40.8K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...
443K 24.4K 26
Tiffany is 26, she left L.A. during her husbands work party after secretly signing annulment papers with her attorney earlier in the day, instructing...