The Equal Claim

By JessSolanki

24 year old Athena is on her journey to success; but she has a secret. She is not human. What happens when At... More

Authors' Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue
Sequel Announcement

Chapter 33

3.5K 149 36
By JessSolanki

We get back to Crescent and rush to Theo's office immediately. I mind link Charles on the way and tell him to meet us there.

 He walks in about 10 minutes later, the excitement on his face visible.

''Tell me you guys found something at the crash site, '' he says in a hopeful voice. Theo hands him the note his eyes widen as he takes it all in.

''No way! That place?? Wow,'' He shouts putting his hand on his forehead. ''Charles are you okay?'' I look at him quizzically. ''Yeah I'm fine; just felt like adding some dramatics,'' he casually states and I roll my eyes at him.

''Okay so now that we know where he is keeping her; would anyone of you care to tell me why we're still here?'' he asks with a raised brow.

''Umm...yeah about that,'' I start, ''none of us know where that place is...so....''

''Theo seriously, you don't remember that place?'' He asks and Theo looks at him with a raised brow. ''Man, I was 5 years old. The only thing I knew was how to count to 10,'' Theo replies and I chortle a laugh.

''Hmmphh...I could count up to 20 when I was five, guess we now know who's the smarter one here,'' Aiden says adding fuel to the fire.

''Oh come on Aiden, you were only able to do that because I helped you,'' Theo states.

''Don't give yourself too much credit brother, you were able to do that only because I was smart enough to get it,'' Aiden counters and they start bickering.

Charles and I look back and forth between the brothers; it suddenly felt like Nadia manifested herself in to Theo. I've never seen him bicker with Aiden like this. ''Uhh guys....'' I start but they ignore me and continue with their childish argument.

''Excuse me!! In case you haven't noticed we have to find a missing person; who happens to be your sister!!'' Charles shouts and they both shut up.

''Great, now that we have your attention; how do we get to that place? Is there anyone in the pack who can guide us there?'' Charles asks and we all exchange looks.

''I know someone who can help us, someone who knows exactly where it is,'' Theo speaks up after a while.

''Well out with it already, you know I don't like suspense, '' Charles cries out.

''Sebastian,'' Theo replies then continues, ''He was the one who lead me to it 23 years ago; he was 7 at that time. The memory might not be clear but he's the best bet we have.''

''Well what are we waiting for, Christmas? let's call Sebastian,'' Aiden says in an excited tone.

''No one has seen Sebastian for the past three days; my guess is, he isn't here, '' I respond.

''Of course you would know; you are best friends with him,'' Charles retorts.

''Hey, just because I'm the only one who tolerates him doesn't mean we're best friends okay,'' I state with a roll of my eyes.

''Whatever rocks your boat Cookie,'' he replies with a laugh.

''Okay so, we have to wait for Sebastian to come back? Who knows what Caleb will do to Nadia by then!'' Aiden shouts and I can see the worry now setting in.

Theo, who had been quiet all this time speaks up, ''I'm calling him up right now,'' and walks out of the office.

He comes back after a while and we all look at him hopefully, ''He will be here tomorrow morning but.... he has a condition. He will only show the place to one person.''

''Let me guess....'' Charles says picking up a pen and twirling it in his hand as he points it at me.

''Athena,'' They both say in unison. 

Of course that's the condition.

''Guess you're taking one for the team,'' Aiden chides. 

''Not helping Aiden.''

''Athena you can't go with Sebastian; what if he does something to you, what if he hurts you or worse murders you!'' Charles yells dramatically.

''Okay Charles; first of all, Sebastian will not murder me for crying out loud. Secondly, even if he tries too I'll put him down, '' I say with confidence and Theo smirks.

''I have no doubt about that love.He will be at our house tomorrow morning. Just keep the link open so that we can converse with you,'' Theo says and I nod.

Great. Now I have to spend the whole morning with Sebastian tomorrow. Note the sarcasm.

As we walk out of the pack house we are met with chef Perez who as usual is in his jolly mood.

''Alpha Theo, Alpha Athena; I'm very disappointed in you. The omega's have returned with your breakfast for the past two days. You know, breakfast is the important meal of the day.... you must have it,'' he scolds us.

''A lot has happened in these two-days Chef....'' Theo starts but he is cut off.

''nah nah nah....no excuses alpha, you're both having your breakfast right now. Into the kitchen please,'' he says and gives us way to pass, ''and don't even think of sneaking away.''

We walk in and the smell of freshly baked cookies hits me. I take it all in as Theo finds us a spot on one of the picnic benches.

I join him on the table as Chef Perez puts down two mugs of hot chocolate and a plate of cookies. ''Special for you Madame, ''he says and Theo chokes on his hot chocolate as I eye the cookies.

''Careful with that love, wouldn't want you moaning around the kitchen staff,'' he warns and I shoot him a wink.

Chef Perez lays a healthy spread for us and by the time we're out of the kitchen, I feel like I've eaten enough for the next three days. Who am I kidding though; I'll be stuffing my face at dinner.

I spent the afternoon with Hazel and Cathy and we sat by Rachel's grave. We talked and reminisced about our time together, shed a few tears too. By evening we went back to our homes for dinner.

''Hey you're back, I've laid out the dinner; come on,'' Theo says and he holds out his hand for me to take.

''I'm not hungry,'' I reply and he looks at me shocked. ''You're not hungry! Seriously!''

''Yeah I don't feel like it right now. Actually, I think I'll go for a run, '' I say and walk out the door.

''Athena, Wait!'' Theo calls, ''I'll come with you.''

''I'd like to be alone for a while Theo, if you don't mind,'' I reply and he stops halfway.

''Okay, it's fine love. I'll be waiting for you,'' he says in a dejected voice.

I go to our spot and transform into my wolf and run down to the foot of the mountains. Once I'm there I transform back to my human self. I walk to one of the trees where I had hidden a few spare clothes weeks ago and put them on and sit under it thinking.

In a span of six months a lot has happened. I don't know how we are going to save Nadia, what Sebastian wants with me; I mean we could've all gone to save her and come back instead of me going to check out the place and returning back to take everyone with me. That would be absurd and a complete waste of time.

I continue contemplating on ways to get out of going with Sebastian alone when I feel a buzz; someone's trying to mind link me.

''Ena, are you there?'' Ethan's voice resonates.

''Yeah, I'm here....is everything okay?'' I reply back.

''You tell me, what is this I'm hearing about Nadia getting kidnapped and you going with Sebastian tomorrow?''

''Yeah, it's true Caleb kidnapped her and Sebastian's the only one who knows the place, so I'm going with him tomorrow but how do you know this?''

''Theo told me. Ena he might not show it to you but he is worried. We all know what Sebastian did four years ago; he is dangerous and I know you can take care of yourself but please think about it. If there is another choice; go for it,'' He advises and I nod but realize he can't see me.

''I'll be careful Ethan, promise,'' I say and cut off the link.

I remove my clothes and I'm about to transform when I see a pair of blue eyes staring at me from a distance. A smirk forms on my lips as I quickly change and run towards it but he notices this and darts away.

 I quicken my speed and continue following him but by the time I get there he's far from gone, I sniff the air for a scent but don't get any.

I continue my search and just when I'm about to give up I spot paw prints. Bingo!

I follow the prints which lead me into a deeper part of the forest away from all the packs. I come to a point where the paw prints change to foot prints. I take a few steps forward and bump into something.

I take three steps back and try to walk forwards again but can't get through. What is this thing?

I transform back to my human self not caring if I'm exposed, as it is there is no one around and it's dark already. I walk towards the spot and try to extend my hand forward but it's blocked....''What the hell, a barrier! Seriously! Damn these witches.''

I call my wolf forward and run back to mine and Theo's spot, quickly change and run back to the house. I need to tell Theo this.

As soon I walk in the house, I'm met with three pairs of worried eyes. ''Glad you could join us,almost thought you'd be spending the night in the forest,'' Charles says with a fake smile, his voice laced with sarcasm

''We were worried Athena, you'd been gone for long. Theo was about to come looking for you,'' Mila continues.

''Sorry, I had you all worried but I need to tell you guys something.''

I sit down on the couch next to Theo who scans his eyes over me looking for any cuts or bruises.

 ''I'm fine, see. Not hurt in anyway,'' I tell him in a reassuring voice and he nods. I kiss him softly on the lips,'' better?'' I ask.

 ''very much,'' he replies with a smile.

''Okay so if you two are done with the PDA, would you mind telling us what you wanted to say,'' I hear Charles say.

''So, when I was down by the mountains, I saw the blue eyes...'' I start.

''I'm sorry what blue eyes?'' Mila questions, clearly confused as Theo, Charles and I exchange knowing glances.

''I'll explain later babe. Athena continue,'' Charles demands and I tell them everything that happened.

''An invisible barrier,'' Theo whispers, ''the witches have gotten stronger.''

''Wait, witches! As in plural, I thought the whole coven got wiped out!'' Charles yells.

''Doesn't seem like the work of one witch, raising a barrier like that requires a lot of power,'' He explains.

''Well aren't you an expert in witches, '' I say as I raise my eyebrow in question. ''I spent my teen years researching on them love.''

''That's how you wasted your teen years!! I know what I was researching in my years,'' Charles says as he reminisces and smiles suggestively.

''Eww, Charles; gross,'' I say in disgust as Mila smacks his head.

''Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to get our answers,'' She announces and we all nod solemnly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 22.2K 40
Emma was raised to be the perfect luna. She's caring and sweet, feisty and protective. Her pack loves her and she them. Everything changes on her se...
1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
410K 11.5K 42
Madison Walcott: She's a twenty two year old werewolf with a dark past she'd rather forget. Trying to move on with her life and make the most of it...
1.6M 60.4K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...