Elite Rebels

By moonbaebie

"First, I'll lock your arms like this." Grabbing both my hands, he pinned it against the wall above my head. ... More

INTRO
CHARACTERS
PROLOGUE
HIM
INTRODUCTIONS
CHEMISTRY
ATTENTION
LUNCH
WORDS
PARTY
DANCE
CHANGE
SPIRIT
GAME
TROUBLE
AFTERMATH
LOST
SIDETRACKED
STRANGER
WRECK
DYNAMIC
BONUS: JORDAN'S POV
STAY
TEMPERAMENT
CONFLICT
CLOSER
CLUELESS
LOCKED
STOLEN
DATE
AMBIGUITY
COINCIDENCE
GIRLFRIEND

COMPLEX

21K 640 746
By moonbaebie

"Had an eventful day?" Dustin teased, appearing next to my locker, one hand tucked in his pant pocket.

I grimaced at the thought of what went down yesterday, "The worst."

"And so I've heard...Veronique can be a little...", he paused.

"Insane? Deranged? Psychotic?" I suggested sarcastically.

"In a way yeah...especially when it comes to Jordan." Dustin added.

"What's with them anyway? Are they together or?..." Their relationship was starting to confuse me, Jordan didn't act like they were together yet Veronique was so territorial of him.

"Okay, so they have been friends for a really long time, she's the twin sister of one of the guys in their tight knitted group so all of them have always been close. She's also the only girl Jordan ever hangs around so I guess he has a soft spot for her. But everyone can obviously tell she likes him and Jordan...well...he doesn't date. He just doesn't seem interested in anyone." Dustin explained.

I shook my head, "That still doesn't give her any right to attack me, I had a hard time explaining these cuts to my parents last night." Pointing to the scratches decorating my face.

Dustin stepped closer, bending down to inspect the cuts. "I can't believe she did that, sorry I wasn't there to help." He frowned.

I chuckled lightly, "Its not your fault you're sick, how's the flu by the way?"

"Better now that I'm seeing you." He smiled, taking me by the elbow down the hallway. "Let's get you to class, shall we?"

The first warning bell sounded as we walked side by side, his hand still on my elbow to occasionally manoeuvre me out of someone's path.

Out of the blue, a person obnoxiously barged in between us, knocking both me and Dustin to the side harshly.

"Did he just do that?" I asked, an incredulous expression on my face as we stared after Jordan's sauntering self. He didn't even bother to acknowledge us and just went on as if nothing happened.

This guy had serious issues.

Dustin had a 'what can you do' look and just shrugged, "It's better to not think about it."

"Alright class, today we're going to be studying a new topic. Personality!" Mrs Powell, the Psychology teacher, chirped.

This was my favourite class since I was going to major in Psychology in college, the only downside to it was that broody Jordan was also in the same class.

"To start off, we will first be looking at the history of personality and..." Mrs Powell continued droning on about the subject for a good half of the lesson, until she announced in an excited tone that we would be performing an activity.

"Now, for the fun part of class! I've printed some questions for all of you so just complete them and at the end of it, check your scores to see what range you're in for each of the big 5 personalities." She instructed, distributing sheets of paper to the first table of each row.

"This is only a very brief questionnaire to give you all an insight into how psychologists actually gauge one's personality but if I do say so myself, it is still very much accurate and relevant to some extent." She pointed out.

To give some background information, the big 5 personality traits -Openness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, Neuroticism- are 5 core dimensions of personality psychologists believed in. Each one represents a continuum between two extreme traits.

For example, if you get a high score for Openness, it means that you are an independent individual with many interests.

I answered the questions as best as I could, hoping to get an accurate view of myself at the end of it. As I was reading through the description, the teacher called our attention and started wrapping up everyone's discussion.

The bell rang soon after and students practically scrambled to the door, I took my time to pack my things instead to wait for the coast to clear.

Right as I walked out, the piece of paper I was clutching in my hand was abruptly snatched.

I gasped in reflex, turning to see Jordan scanning through the sheet with mild interest.

"Hey! Stop reading! Give it back!" I yelled frustratedly, trying to yank back the paper which he was keeping out of my reach.

Folding the paper into quarters, he pocketed it and gave me a smug look in return. "I'll return it later."

"What? You're ridiculous, give it back right now."

"Come get it then." He taunted, daring me to with his eyes before insouciantly striding off.

As if dealing with him wasn't difficult enough, I felt a headache start to manifest itself and had to drag my heavy body to the rest of my lessons.

By the time lunch period came, I went straight to the library and laid my head down on a table to rest. My head felt as if it weighed heavier than my heart did, which seemed kind of impossible especially with what was going through my mind.

I couldn't help but wandered back to those tense moments in the car, surely, I could not be the only one who noticed the strange atmosphere in that tiny enclosed space.

It was very much awkward for me after that; one, because I had never been in such close proximity with a guy and two, we basically did not talk the entire ride back to my place. I was simply dropped off without so much as a glance in my direction.

The whole situation with him just baffled me, he had made it clear multiple times that he wasn't my biggest fan but still constantly tried to put a foot in what I do.

Deciding to not dwell too much on it, I got up and headed towards my locker to get the books I needed for next period. 

With 15 minutes of lunch left, the hallway was still relatively empty, which was why I jumped a little when someone appeared next to me.

"Do you know that you're a really boring person?" Jordan shoved the paper into my hands, then leaned against a neighbouring locker.

"No one asked for your opinion." I deadpanned, chucking the paper in between pages of a notebook.

He didn't respond, just continued to stand there silently and watch me take out my books.

I tried my hardest to not let his presence bother me, hastily making sure I had everything I needed before stalking off without a word.

"Hey!" He called out.

Determined to ignore him, I kept on walking and heard him gave a disgruntled sigh as he started to jog lightly.

Seconds later, an arm wrapped itself around my waist and drew me back into a firm chest. I gasped loudly at the heat that instantly shrouded my entire body, his rock hard chest pressed up against my back was all that I felt, the erratic pounding of my heart deafening my eardrums as I stood there, mummified.

His hands fiddled around my hips for a bit, my foggy mind not registering what he was doing until his voice pulled me out of the trance.

"Next time, don't make me run after you." Jordan whispered, warm breath tickling my ear, making the goosebumps on my neck rise.

I gulped, looking down to see that he had tied a jacket around my lower waist. "What's th-this for?"

"Your modesty, babe."

"My modesty? Do you have a problem with my school skirt?" I retorted, when did he take on the role of our school dean?

"Just don't think the stain on it looks good." He chuckled, fingers digging into my hip bone.

I froze, there was no way he was referring to what I was thinking about could he?

Although I was trying to convince myself otherwise, I knew my hunch was right. "You mean...you mean I-"

"Yes you did." He said, confirming my worst nightmare.

In that moment, I wanted nothing more than for the ground to open up and swallow me. This was beyond mortifying, something I hadn't expected to happen, especially infront of him.

"Thank me next time." He muttered, lips curled into a slight smirk.

Not giving me time to react, he proceeded to detach his arms from my body and strolled off, taking away with him the momentary blanket of warmth I was just getting used to.

Once the embarassment of my predicament had died down a little, I rationalised the raging thoughts in my brain with the fact that any guy in his position would do that out of basic curtesy. Which, admittedly didn't sound very convincing.

However, right when I was starting to calm down, I spotted something that made my heart perform a thousand somersaults. This didn't make any sense, not one bit.

Afterall, there was no reason for him to sacrifice his varsity jacket on me.

To my beautiful readers: this chappie is solely for all of your lovely souls. A million thanks to all of your encouraging comments & extraordinary support for my story, I don't deserve your amazingness and I couldn't be anymore appreciative for each and every single one of you:,))

I initially don't plan on updating until at least another week due to finals, but I just couldn't bear to not repay you guys back when you have showed me an immense amount of support🥺🥺

I know this isn't as good but I still hope you guys will stick around and let me know your thoughts and what you like so far🤓😫

COMMENT, VOTE & FOLLOW TO SHOW YOUR LOVE & SUPPORT<33

xoxo
xuan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

927K 12.3K 23
"Lock the door"-I mumbled. "What? Are you scared that the janitor might hear us? Or are you afraid to wake the broomsticks up?" "I'm scared my broth...
15.5K 263 50
Previously known as My Thunderstorm ♡♡♡ "How dare you look at the flowers and call them beautiful? How dare you admire the beauty around you while di...
1.4M 36.5K 32
There wasn't much need for people to ask since they already knew . She belonged to him , forever as they stated . Shall it be true ? I can't say. He...
72.9K 1.8K 52
Suddenly she grabbed my face crashing her lips onto mine passionately. I tried pulling away but she wouldn't let, she pinned my hands down and got on...