Rejected Lovers

By WYLD_ROSE

Atticus and Olivia have a past...and share the same fate. But as they're trying to move on from the cruel car... More

AN: IMPORTANT!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 9

27.5K 1.2K 221
By WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Nine - Drunken Confessions 

It's eight o'clock in the evening when I finish my homework and power off my laptop. I put away my books with a relieved sigh because at least now I won't be stressing about it during the weekend. But just as I'm about to turn on the television three sharp knocks echo in my room. I frown before noticing Arcadia's scent and get off my bed to let her in.

"We're going to a house party." She states with a mischievous glint in her baby blues.

"Why?" I whine as I walk back to my bed and throw myself onto it with a huff.

"Because it's one of my friend's birthday!" She leans against the door frame and crosses her arms stubbornly. "Come on, Liv! Mom and Dad aren't home and neither is Atticus so let's go out and have some fun!"

After much pleading she finally convinces me to go out tonight. She leaves my room when I tell her I'll get ready by myself and states that I have an hour to do so on her way out. Walking into my bathroom I shave, take a quick shower and moisturize my body with a citrus smelling lotion. After I've blow dried my hair I choose a black, ribbed knit, off the shoulder dress. It has long sleeves and the hem ends at mid-thigh. It also has a cute frill detail on the top, arms and hem. I pair it with black heels and a clutch with gold jewelry.

I rush the process of styling my hair into loose curls and doing my makeup. After I apply the nude lipstick I quickly grab my clutch and throw things I think I may need into it along with my phone. Putting my heels on I take one last look in the mirror and with a satisfied smile I leave my room.

Just as I've closed my door Arcadia exits her bedroom and she looks stunning. She's wearing a black dress that has an asymmetrical hem and emphasizes her curves. Thin spaghetti straps rest on her shoulders and lead to a deep neckline. She has a thick, plain black choker to match with minimal jewelry on her hands. Her blonde hair spills across her shoulders and back in messy curls. She hasn't done too much makeup but her winged liner and red lip stand out which gives her a daring look.

"You look so pretty!" She grins as her eyes roam over me.

"Thank you! You look gorgeous!" I compliment before we make our way downstairs where there's a car waiting for us on the driveway. "Is anyone else going?"

"A few of my friends but I know Leon will be there too." She replies as she checks her phone. "We can't get shitfaced since Atticus is going to be home a little after midnight."

I turn to her with wide eyes. "I thought you told your parents you were going out!"

"No." She smiles sheepishly before rolling her eyes. "I mean, we're werewolves. It takes a lot to get us drunk so we'll be fine! They won't even realize!"

Oh, how wrong she was.

Not even ten minutes after we arrived at the mansion of a house Arcadia and I got dragged into a game of beer pong. After that, shots were passed around and some of us played 'Never Have I Ever.' Turns out I'm a lightweight because after that game I was more than a little tipsy. I lose Arcadia at some point in the crowd of people packed into the house but thankfully, I find Leon.

"Hey!" I greet him a little too excitedly as I stumble into the kitchen. I hug him tightly and almost miss the stool when I pull away to sit down.

"Are you drunk?!" He questions in disbelief.

"No." I stretch the word and grin at him. "I've just had a...few drinks."

He tries to grab the bottle of vodka from me and I growl at him in warning. Opening it, I take a big sip before grimacing at the taste. But the more I drink the less it burns so I continue. Leon groans beside me as he looks around for someone before giving up. Eventually, he snatches the bottle from my hands successfully and I pout in response.

"Let's dance!" I squeal excitedly just as the music changes to something more upbeat.

I grab his hand and drag him to the designated dance floor. He chuckles at some of my moves but quickly joins in. I can't figure out for the life of me what song is playing but I find myself not caring after a certain point. Leon pulls me into his arms when another guy tries to grind against me. My back is pressed up against his chest and I feel the vibration of his low growl as he glares at the boy who tried to dance with me.

I laugh at him, finding it way too funny, as I continue to dance with him. My hips move to the rhythm of the beat and Leon wraps an arm around my waist as he lowers his head to the crook of my neck. Because of our heightened hearing he doesn't have to shout for me to understand what he's saying.

"Do you smell something?" He asks with a frown on his lips as he looks around. "It's like...vanilla and cinnamon."

I chuckle before shaking my head. "I only smell sweat and alcohol."

I look back to see him roll his eyes in a playful manner before we resume dancing. I close my eyes as I feel the bass but they snap right open when Leon twirls me around. Wrapping my arms around his neck with a lazy smile I move against him in time to the beat but his eyes are narrowed at someone behind us.

"Ignore them!" I shout a little too loudly and watch his eyes sparkle with amusement as they meet mine once more.

He opens his mouth to reply but I watch as his eyes fixate themselves on something across the room. They widen in shock and his jaw drops which makes me stare up at him in confusion.

"Oh, Moon Goddess..." He breathes and I glance behind my shoulder to see him staring at someone across the club.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I look around in confusion.

"I think that's my mate." His eyes are wide as he discreetly points her out to me.

My gaze lands on a girl who looks slightly uncomfortable and tired, as if she'd rather be anywhere but here tonight. She's wearing a black play-suit with a starry pattern beaded across the material in silver. It's an off the shoulder top with long sleeves like mine but looser and sheer. She's paired it with silver heels, minimal jewelry and natural makeup. Her brown hair is short with blonde highlights and just about touches her shoulder.

"Did she see you?!" I ask excitedly and feel him grip my shoulders nervously.

"No, not yet. Olivia, I don't know what to do!" He panics which makes me sober up a little.

"Go up to her, silly! She doesn't look like she's from here. Maybe ask her what she's in town for?" I advise and pat him on the back in reassurance when he looks like he's going to faint.

"She looks amazing and I look like a fool!" He groans as he stares at what he's wearing.

"Leon! You're stalling for no reason!" I laugh at his nervousness but before I can calm him down I'm pulled back non too gently into a hard chest.

Leon's eyes widen in fear and I look up to find Atticus glaring at him murderously. I try to escape his grip while keeping an eye out on Leon's mate just in case she goes anywhere. Atticus snarls down at me and whirls me around so that I'm flush against him. Fuck. Looks like someone finished work early, I think to myself in dread.

"Atticus! Let me go right now!" I snap and he loosens his hold in surprise at my tone. I turn to Leon who gulps harshly as his eyes meet mine. "You look great, Leon. Now go before you end up losing sight of her."

He nods before walking off and I watch him with the biggest, probably creepy, smile on my face. But before Leon can even reach her Atticus grabs my hand in a death grip and drags me off the dance floor. I protest loudly as he guides me out of the house but grin wickedly when I manage to grab an unopened bottle of Jack Daniels on our way out of the kitchen.

I smile victoriously when I open it without Atticus realizing and start drinking using my free hand. However, he snatches it off me and throws it onto the lawn when we get to the car. We glare at each other before he orders me to get into the car. I realize that it's his and when I open the door I see an amused looking Arcadia in the back.

"Who knew Olivia Peterson can't handle her liquor!" She cackles as I stumble before getting in beside her.

"Shut up, Arcadia! You shouldn't have come here in the first place and what's worse is that you brought Olivia with you!" Atticus growls angrily as he slams the door closed and starts the car.

"It was my friend's birthday!" She argues as I feel my eyelids droop of their own accord.

"I don't care! You knew they were going to have alcohol!" He snarls and I watch his hazel eyes flash dangerously in the rear-view mirror. "You're both underage!"

"You drink too!"

"I don't drink at fucking house parties where I could get arrested for underage drinking!" He growls lowly as he takes the familiar route back to the pack. "The police were literally pulling into the neighborhood as we left! You brought no guards with you either! What if something happened to you both?!"

"We would fuck them up." I mumble before yawning.

"Olivia!"

"Don't be mad, Atti." I close my eyes with a sigh.

I zone out for the rest of the car ride home and am pretty sure I fall asleep a few times. The twinkling stars and the bright moon hanging in the midnight blue sky keep me distracted until we enter the territory. The forest trees surrounding the pack are so tall and thick that it's hard to see them anymore.

Atticus parks under the canopy and says something to Arcadia before she hops out and makes her way inside the house. I open the door and get out of the car but stumble straight into Atticus who picks me up bridal style without a word. Smiling up at him I lean my head back and sigh contently when I can see the stars and the moon again.

"Do you want to know a secret, Atti?"

"What is it, Olivia?" He grumbles as he walks to the doors.

"I never stopped loving you."

He halts immediately and stares down at me with wide eyes. I giggle at his expression and poke his cheek. I catch a fleeting flicker of emotion in his honey colored eyes before it's gone. It's like he became happy one second but sad the next.

"You're drunk." He shakes his head with a sigh before continuing.

"Do you want to know another secret?" I grin widely and watch him nod his head. "I'm not lying."

He sighs before making his way upstairs and into my bedroom. I'm set down in my bathroom and he orders me to brush my teeth before disappearing. While I'm doing so he comes back in with my pajamas and tells me to put them on before closing the door behind him as he leaves. It's a bit of a struggle but I eventually manage to get them on before walking out.

Atticus helps me into bed and I smile contently when he drapes the blanket over me. My eyelids start to droop of their own accord and I release a yawn. But as he moves to back away I catch his wrist and pull him closer.

"You stopped loving me then?" I ask and watch his eyes soften.

"No." He whispers before pressing a firm kiss to my forehead. "I never did either."

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 10 is already up on Inkitt! Click the link in my bio or announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

Update schedule is: every Monday, Wednesday & Friday!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 754 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...
1.2M 42.9K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
108K 3K 109
"What is this" he asks, his voice is calm, but his expressions is anything but that. There were multiple gasps in the room, when he suddenly flings...
23.4M 638K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...