Could It Be True

By MindlessGGsmilez

Having to call a man who is not your dad, 'daddy' is hard but if that person is abusing it makes it harder. B... More

Could It Be True
Chapter One- Where it all begins
The badness begins
There's a first time for everything
There's something I'm not telling you
I'll Kill You
Dear Diary
Homecoming and Signs
The Rap and The Letter
Victory
chapter 11
CHAPTER 12

He stopped loving me

490 11 4
By MindlessGGsmilez

Brittany had a great sleep and felt refreshed for her busy day ahead of her but she felt kind sore from last nights events . She planned to tell Jamario about the letter and hopefully he would be able to take her to Elizabeth today. When she explained to him, he seemed as happy as she was,

‘That’s great babe I am so proud of you.’ He said this while giving her a big kiss, which ended up with lying on the bed.

*Back It Up Pon Di Dumpa Truck88’*

She reached to pick up her phone the number was there but it was not one she recognised.

‘Hi’

‘Hello is this Brittany, Its Elizabeth’

She loosened up

‘Oh hi, how are you?’

‘I‘m fine dear I was just wondering if you would like to come to my house today and discuss things’

‘It is funny you calling I was going to call today and ask the same thing of course I can come. What time is alright for you?’

‘If you’re free in about 2 hours that would be great’

‘That’s fine see you later’

She was just about to hang up

‘You are very brave Brittany and thank you for choosing me to help you.’

Before Brittany could reply, the line went dead. Brittany felt she was such a kind person just from the way she spoke on the phone as if they’ve been friends for years. She sat silent for a while with a huge smile on her face.

‘Who was that Brittany’ asked Jamario.

‘It was Elizabeth she said it was ok for me to come see her today’ Brittany said still stumped about Elizabeth’s last words.

Anyway, she got ready, had a nice long steaming shower, and scrubbed herself with radox. She would have stayed in longer but Jamario needed to get ready as well because he was taking her. She got out, creamed herself with Palmers cocoa butter, put on her Purple and white Ralph Lauren Polo and ripped up jeans and white air forces, she had to be looking nice for Elizabeth. Nearer the time, she was leaving to go she started feeling nervous but she had no idea why, could there be any complications.

Then Sashala pinged her:

Sashababieeeeexxxxx: Hey, bubs u Iyte I didn’t see you go home yestardaii.

BrittanyBubblesxxx: I’m fine babes got in big trubble wid J’s mum coz we got in bare late looool

Sashababieeeeexxxxx: oh soz that musta been jks doe wuu2 2dai

BrittanyBubblesxxx: Gaiin out wid J 2dai soz bbz I’ll bell ya

l8tr and we can go out 2moz x

Sashababieeeeexxxxx: Iyte bbz c u 2moz x

For some reason talking to Sashala had calmed her nerves down a little then Jamario came in and grabbed her round her waist and kissed her

‘What was that for babes?’ she asked.

‘Just to say I love you and that, I’m proud of you for trying to get rid of your step dad with a brave face’

This reminded her of what Elizabeth said on the phone could she have been saying that in the same context as Jamario.

The car ride to Elizabeth’s was quite live because they were jamming along to Sneakbo even though Jamario hated him and bare other good artists. But as the car was parked out side her house Brittany’s stomach tensed and she felt as thought she was gonna be sick. Jamario noticed her tenseness, gave her a hug, and told her it was going to be alright. Even though previously the plan was for Jamario to stay in the car he knew, she needed him there to comfort her, as this surely was a hard thing to do.

They knocked on the door and a girl who looked around Brittany’s age answered the door. She was really pretty, a lightie, green eyes, bushy hair slicked back into a ponytail and she had a pink and black adidas tracksuit on.

‘You must be Brittany, I’m Shamari Elizabeth’s daughter’ she said with a polite smile, she wasn’t just pretty she was very nice as well and had a great personality. She said her mum would be back in a while she just went to the shop. After talking for a while, Brittany realised her and Shamari had a lot in common. They both lost there dad in (Shamari’s case she was glad), they liked most of the same artists and they both had boyfriends they loved to bits. Brittany knew they would become good friends’ maybe even as good as here and Sashala. 

They were bussin sum jokes when a middle-aged white women who was quite pretty and resembled Shamari walked it. Straight away Brittany knew that it was Elizabeth.

‘Hi Brittany, I’m sorry I wasn’t here when you arrived I just went to get some bits from the shop. Oh, who’s your friend?’

‘Hi Elizabeth Its fine Shamari was a good entertainer-she winked at Shamari- This is Jamario my boyfriend’

‘Nice to meet you both, if it’s alright I’d like to make you some lunch and you can carry on getting to know each other’

‘You don’t have to make us anything it’s ok’ Brittany replied, her belly was really rumbling but she thought it was polite.

Elizabeth just smiled and made her way to the kitchen.

‘Your mum seems really nice but sad at the same time is she alright, if you don’t mind me asking’ Brittany asked hesitantly.

‘She’s been like that since she found out what my dad was doing to me, it sent her into depression because she thought he was the perfect husband and father. She feels like it is all her fault and that she should have seen the signs, that’s why she was so eager to help you because she has been trying to find away to find him and lock him up.’ Shamari replied holding back tears.

‘I’m sorry I shouldn’t have asked, I was being nosy’

‘No, It’s not your fault it kinda feels good to tell someone I can’t exactly talk to her about it’ she smiled a watery smile.

After that, they went back to having a laugh, and then Elizabeth walked in with plates of Jerk Chicken and rice and peas. Brittany was thinking Oh No this is probably gonna be bland as hell but to her surprise it tasted BOOM.

‘That was lovely, thanks,’ Brittany and Jamario said simultaneously and giggled.

‘Your welcome, I’ll get the drinks in and we can start to talk’ she smiled one that did not quite reach her eyes.

Moments later Brittany was telling her emotional story of her step dad’s brutal beating. She ended up in hysterical tears and she could the pain in all their faces especially Shamari’s face because she had been in the same predicament.

‘Its ok sweetie, I know it’s hard and you must be feeling terrible as it has been going on for so long. However, I will do everything I can to help you darling. All we have to do is tell the police and they are bound to believe you as you have three witnesses, me, Shamari and Jamario.’

‘Thank you, this means a lot to me I’m so glad that I have got you to help me’ Brittany said whilst hugging Ellie (Elizabeth).

She relaxed at the house for a little while longer. But every time she glanced at Elizabeth, she saw a reflexion of what her mum would be like if she didn’t get rid of her step dad as soon as possible.  From her experience of Jamario’s mum and what he puts her through and how Elizabeth looks she knew she could no longer drive her mum into depression with her badness as she knew, her mum would surely hit rock bottom when she finds out about what ‘the ape’ had been doing to Brittany. It was hard saying goodbye to Shamari and Elizabeth even though they had scheduled to see each other as often as possible even when her step dad was locked away in prison. Brittany felt like she was gaining new family, people she could trust through her hard times not that she didn’t already have Jamario but it would be nice to have a girl who understood her pain. Sashala was her R.O.D (Ride Or Die) but she didn’t know whether she could trust her with information about her beatings because to be honest Sashala had a very big mouth things blurted out even when she least expected them to.

*

Shamari’s P.O.V (Point Of View)

Oh, My Gosh Brittany seems so nice I think me and her should be friends even after we’ve sorted things out with her and my dad. She is really funny I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to piss myself and Jamario’s nice too he seems really supportive just how Shaquille was with me when my dad was abusing me. I think it’s really great that she took her time to find us, I like the thought of me being able to save someone who is in my situation and hopefully stop my dad from hurting anyone ever again. That has me thinking how did she find us…  was it those letters that I’ve given up sending because I realised my dad was never going to love me again. I don’t know how it got like this I used to be my daddy’s special girl I remember those days I used to think he loved me more than he loved mummy…

*Flashback*

‘Shamari It’s time to go to bed sweetie’ Mummy said to me after we finished watching a movie.

‘No mummy I want to stay up with daddy’ I said batting my eyelids and cuddling up to my dad, he smelt nice warm and homey.

‘No bubba, it is 9 and you know that you get cranky in the morning if you don’t have enough sleep, now off to BED’ Mummy said sternly but not raising her voice.

I was just about to leave as I knew when that tone came out there was no arguing. When my dad who was quiet up until this point began shouting

‘If my daughter does not want to go to bed then she doesn’t have to, she only wants to spend some time with her dad’

Daddy had never shouted like this before, it was quite scary.

‘I’m just saying, you don’t have to wake her up in the morning I do and I don’t like whining and that is what I’m going to have to deal with if she stays up late’ mum said still in a calm manner.

‘Are you telling me how to raise my child’ Daddy said still shouting.

All the words were muffled from then all I knew was that, it was not things that a 9 year old should be hearing. They were shouting so loudly that I’m surprised the neighbours didn’t intervene. The think that broke the haze was the sound of a hot slap across my mothers face, I ran out screaming, and bawling I didn’t like this daddy, I wanted the old one back. All I could hear was my dad screaming at my mum saying

‘Look what you’ve done’.

From then on there were lots of arguments like that and daddy started hitting me too and buying me things to say he’s sorry. I felt like it was my fault if I had just gone to bed.

*Flashback ended*

I think that’s when daddy stopped loving me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 1.4K 15
Second Part of Yeh Kaisa jurm hua,Before reading this read First Part"yeh Kaisa jurm hua"
992 51 32
"I'm not a relationship type person" "Baby girl I want to change that" A/N- pre written and I will update everyday. Also most likely writing a sequel.
56.1K 1.6K 16
"You have to be kidding me." (Yes that's the best description I could think of). I joined the band wagon and wrote some Dadvid for you! This is my f...
6.1K 137 15
You were running when you met someone, but you didn't know who because you were knocked out from the impact. Also You randomly get cuts & bruises, bu...