In A Heartbeat

By someoneyouknoww

| Complete | ✅ They stared into each others eyes and everything seemed completely oblivious to them. Raw emo... More

GENERAL INFORMATION
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
Epilogue
Bonus - 1
Bonus - 2.1
Bonus - 2.2
Bonus - 3
Bonus - 4
ANNOUNCEMENT - I
IMPORTANT- Updated.
A/N - II
A/N - III
Gratitude & Covers

14.

18K 863 14
By someoneyouknoww

I was very much excited about our date.

Before marriage we had a fair share of dates. Most of the times we'd go to our favourite restaurant to have dinner, or cafes for coffee. It seemed very cliché but I had no complaints.

I was just 15 minutes away from home when it decided to rain.
Ughh man, it sucks.

The date would be cancelled most probably. Delhi traffic has blocked the road. And this heavy rain didn't help either. It took another 20 minutes for the traffic to clear.

I reached home in 35 minutes with my mood off. I was slightly wet and shivering due to cold while pressing the door bell.

When suddenly the door opened and
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
closed. Wtf....

"Rey why did you close the door. Lets go in, I am cold and I need a change of clothes. "

And he was standing there smiling foolishly like I said something funny.

"No, first you have to tie this around your eyes. "

He said showing me a black blindfold which was nothing but my black cloth hairband which disappeared a few days back, now I know why.
He was still grinning cheekily.

"You know, put that on our haed not around eyes, Mr. Intelligent. "
I said.

"I know where we put it, but just for tonight, please place it around your eyes, Mrs. "

After saying this, he quickly rushed to put it around my eyes. When I protested, he pressed his lips to my cheek making me silent again. And a blushing mess too...

"Now, we'll go into the closet and get dressed."

"But why? Where are we going in this weather? You know na it's raining heavily and all the roads are blocked. We can't go out. "

"Mrs. Gupta, I promised you a date and you'll definitely get it despite the weather. "

"But how? "

"You speak so much. Now, we're in the closet, get dressed in something very comfy like pjs and come out fast. I'll be waiting. Don't  open the door okay. Knock the door thrice when you are finished. You aren't supposed to see anything yet. Got it? Now go change fast. "

With that he pushed me inside the closet and locked the door from outside.

This man...

I quickly changed into my comfiest pajamas and knocked thrice to enter into my own bedroom.

He came inside once again and placed the makeshift blind fold on my eyes and took me outside in the living room.

"Well, remove it now. "

I slowly took the blindfold off and..........wowwwww

I didn't expect this at all.

He had made a blanket fort around the sofa. The cushions on the couch were so furry and soft. He had shifted the table in the room maybe. We've sofa cum bed and he has made it into a convertible bed. Soft and warm blankets were kept on it.

Pizza, popcorn and cold drinks were on the side table.

Most of all, the fairy lights completed the whole look of our movie night.

I turned towards him
" Did you like it? "
He asked me with insurety in his eyes.

"Like it?!!! I love it. " I gave him a full fledged smile and hugged him tightly.

"Actually, I had planned something else but the rain ruined it so I am glad you are happy. "
He said giving a small smile and reciprocating my hug.

" It's the best. Now lets start the movie. " I said clapping my hands.

He switched off the lights and the room was illuminated by the fairy lights, giving it a beautiful glow.

We both settled on the bed and started the movie.
Don't know when we shifted closer.

My head rested on his shoulder and hand on his stomach. His one hand around my shoulder and one in the bowl of popcorn feeding me and himself. We talked a lot in between, commenting the characters or just talking about our day.

And  that's how we went to sleep.

When I woke up, I found that we were sleeping in a hugging position. His neck was buried in mine and mine in his.

His beard hair were slightly tickling me when he moved.

"Rey, wake up. " I said shaking him a bit.

"2 minutes more please. " he groaned putting a pillow over his head.

"Fine, I will be back in two minutes. You should be awake by then. "
He just hummed and hugged the pillow he had kept on his head.

I came back after 20 minutes just to see him snoring away.

"Reyansh, yaar, wake up. You're already so late. Waaaakkeeeee up. "

"Umm, No, I'll just take a day off. "
He sleepily said.

"No, you took an off yesterday. So no more taking holidays. Who will handle the company if you're not going. What will your employees think, that their boss is a lazy bum who doesn't listen to his wife like a good husba..... " I said while collecting all the wrappers and boxes from which we ate.

Suddenly My words were stuck in my throat as he wrapped his hand around my waist and his face as usual buried in my neck.

" Why do you get so uncontrollable, early in the morning. Chill Arya. I'm the boss. I can be as much late as I want. And all my employees know that I have married a beautiful woman, so they expect all tardiness from me while going to office. " he sleepily said in his husky voice and kissed my cheek.

He has a certain way with words, which can make me flushed anytime.

The girl who wasn't before anyone turns into a blushing mess in front of her husband.

"Rey, now please leave me and get ready. We're already so late and I still have to prepare breakfast. So go get a shower. "

He groaned but left me for the bathroom.

I quickly went to the room, kept all his essentials on the bed and went in the kitchen to cook breakfast.

We were in the car, and just as we reached his work place, I told him "Tomorrow is my company's 25th anniversary at 7. So please come home early tomorrow."

He muttered an 'Okay' and went towards his building. Seems like he forgot I morning ritual.

I was  deep in this thought when suddenly there was a knock on my window.

It was him.

I pressed the button to open it.

"What happened? Did you forget something. " I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah. " he breathed out.

"What" i asked.

"This." He bent down and pressed a long kiss on my cheek and then a chaste peck on my lips.

"Goodbye. " he said and jogged towards his building.

I started the car just as he entered inside the building.

A smile graced my face as I went towards Arch. & Co.

Hope you liked this chapter ...
Press the star icon and comment down your thoughts...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

775K 23.2K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
683K 35.5K 79
People say love destroys friendship and one shouldn't fall in love with their best friend, unknown of the fact that if it works out you'll have your...
825K 40.5K 68
... An Indian heart warming love story "To anyone who wants to feel butterflies" ______________...
4.5M 26.9K 6
#1 in General fiction and Romance for a long time An Arranged marriage! Why not ? Marrying a Stranger? Why..... what the hell? Arranged marriage...