Half of What I Could Be

By RoseClark777

Greek mythology...Werewolves...Demons? I got you Four hundred years ago, a woman thought she had no other cho... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
FILLER
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chap 28
Chap 29
Chapter 30 and 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 7

132 6 0
By RoseClark777

Taylor's Outfit ^^^

Chapter 7 Mae

It did not take me long to find Taylor. She was in the middle of the dance floor, dancing by herself. That did not mean that she was lonely, it meant that she wouldn't let the guys lingering around dance with her. She was having the time of her life.

"I got the drinks!" I yelled over the music. A big smile spread across her face.

"Finally!" She said and grabbed one of the drinks out of my hand, "Chug and dance!"

"I don't know... I'm not that good-" I was cut off.

"Don't be a pansy ass!" she screamed at me. That was all it took. I would never ever stoop to the level of pansy ass. I quickly tilted back my neck and pressed the glass to my lips. I promptly chugged it down. It burned, but did have a fruity aroma that hid the disgusting aftertaste. It was uncomfortable, but tolerable. I almost gagged, but kept going. I heard a few cheers around me. When I say a few, I really just ment Taylor.

Right when I finished, I felt a rush of warmth flow through me and my head got fuzzy. I had never had alcohol hit me that fast. When I drank with my brother, it took about a half an hour before I felt the effects of intoxication. It was my vision that was the most affected. It was blurry, but all the colors were enunciated. I should have been worried, but at that moment, I couldn't care less

"How are you feeling?" Taylor asked as she walked right up to me. She grabbed my arm.

"Like I finally feel alive," I laughed and just started to dance. I really couldn't dance, but my embarrassment did not stop me. My hearing started to fluctuate. One second, I felt as if I could hear each step an ant made all the way from the parking lot, and the next, I could barely hear the music.

The dance floor started to move under me... Or maybe I was moving in circles? I did not know. Taylor moved her arms up and down in sync with the beat. For some reason, it looked like she grew 10 feet and was able to touch the roof, which made me laugh.

"Having fun?" She whispered, or did she yell it? I didn't know. I didn't care. I wanted to touch the ceiling too.

"Fun, fun, fun," I laughed and started twirling in circles. I felt an itch on my back as if someone was watching me. I turned around. Jacin was leaning against the railing staring at me. He was across the dance floor and on the upper level. I stopped moving for a second and just stared at him. Wow, that boy was fine. He gave me a small smile, which I returned. Yet, as fast as the moment came, was how fast it left. Candy the Bitch swung her arm around Jacin and pulled him toward her. Right when he looked at her, she planted a kiss on his lips. That was when my heart fell and my realistic side came out to chastise me. We don't think assholes are cute.

I turned toward Taylor, and saw her melt to the floor in a puddle of goo. Even though the plausibility of that actually occuring was slim to none, my eyes did not seem to care. The faces of the people around me started to morph into different animals. Coyotes, pigs, cows, etc. All of the Old McDonalds animals were getting their party on.

I could not understand my emotions. It was as if all of them were intermingling with each other. They seemed to be at a party of their own. I felt both joyful and angry. I wanted to cry and slap Candy, but I also wanted to give her a high five because she had the bravery to just kiss someone randomly. Yet, out of anger and joy, jealousy outweighed them all. I was not usually a spiteful person, but for some reason tonight I was. I wanted to give Jacin a taste of his own medicine. All I needed to do was find a viable option.

I turned toward the crowd and saw a few men, most of whom were shirtless and giving me different side looks. One stood out to me. He had light brown hair that was shaved on the side, and longer in the middle. He seemed to spike the longer strands up with hair gel. His eyes were hazel, which were surrounded by dark long eyelashes. In my state, I couldn't tell how tall he was, all I knew was that he was taller than me. He was dancing with three other girls who were all fighting for his attention, but he just kept giving me looks. I gave him the cutest smile I could muster up. I probably looked like a drunken sloth. I think he returned the smile, but I was not sure. The only thing I knew was that in a split second, he was right in front of me. He was even cuter up close. I wrapped my left arm around his neck and brought his face down to mine.

I really couldn't feel his lips as they pressed against mine. I guess it wasn't the most memorable first kiss, but it was something. My drunken haze made it all fuzzy. His hands gripped my waist and pulled me flush against him. I could feel his lips moving under mine, and my lips moved in response. I honestly didn't know how. I slowly felt myself shrinking farther and farther back into my head. Back into my cave. My subconscious seemed to have taken the wheel.

That's when it hit me. The pain. The fire. The agony. It started in my stomach. It felt like every single nerve ending was being slashed one by one and then set on fire. It felt like someone ripped my insides out, scratched the hell out of them, poured some lemon juice in the cuts, and then shoved them back into my abdomen. It seemed like the devil himself was trying to obliterate every little bone, tendon, and ligament I had. I felt my eyes shut, and I clutched my stomach, but it didn't matter, it was too late. My knees buckled as the fire ravaged them too. Like a tsunami, it wasn't long before it took over every crevice of my body. I had no idea if the guy I was making out with tried to catch me before I hit the floor, or if he was confused and just let me fall.

I think I started screaming on the floor but I'm not sure. I knew that I was screaming on the inside, though. I pleaded for God to end it all. I thought it couldn't get worse, but I was wrong. I just had to jinx myself. The fire turned into an inferno. I couldn't think. I couldn't breathe. I could see nothing except the occasional burst of strobe lights and random shadows. A pair of arms grabbed me. They were soft, but everywhere they touched sent agony through my body. It was like they were an electric current.

"It'll be okay, I know you will be okay," whispered a feminine voice. A familiar feminine voice.

"What the fuck is wrong with her!" whispered a different voice beside me. I didn't know who it was, I didn't care who it was, I just wanted him to take away this pain, "Did you give her something?" he asked again.

"No man, I just kissed her!" said a different voice, a softer voice.

"Than why the fuck is she on the floor," said the first voice. I heard a little truffle and random squeaks on the floor. Everything in my body was going haywire.

"Jacin, stop man, a fight's not worth it, you need to bring her to the hospital," demanded another manly voice. Jacin? Why was he here? Who was he fighting? Who was he bringing to the hospital? Oh yeah... Me. I was on the floor dying, so that made sense.

I used all my strength to open my eyes, and once I did, I regretted it. Fire coated every single wall. People were still dancing around me, oblivious to the fact they were going to burn to death. I tried to yell at them to run, but my vocal cords would not work. That was when I was finally able to see their faces, or the lack thereof. Everyone had a skull for a head with little bits of rotten skin still attached throughout. They had no eyes, but little divots where maggots resided. Every time they opened their mouth, bugs and rotten teeth would fall out. I bet if I got closer I would be able to make out dirt etched into every single pore. They were dead, all of them.

I noticed a skull man walking toward me. The only skin left on his face was a small strip over his nose and slightly over his upper lip. Every step he took toward me, the more the maggots moved. Little bits of blonde hair were still connected to his head, but most of it was bald spots. He kept walking toward me, making me sink in fear. I tried to use my legs to push myself backward. Everytime I tried, I felt resistance. I quickly remembered that someone was holding onto me. I turned my head to the side, trying to see who it was, and was met with yet another skull person. This time I knew I let out an actual scream.

I looked down and saw that even my captors hands were bones. I think the one holding me was a girl, because the only hair she had left was long and slightly curled. This one still had one eye, but it looked like she would lose it in a matter of minutes. The ligament that held their eye was being attacked by cockroaches.

I used all my might to push the skull person away from me, and it must have worked because the next thing I knew, I no longer felt their grasp. I needed to find a way out. Skulls around me started to notice that I was on the floor. How could they notice me but not the fire on the wall?

My body still screamed. I pushed myself until my arms gave out. I tried to regain the strength to push myself again, but it was useless. The fire melted every part of my body leaving me paralyzed.

"Jacin, help her, you have too. She is going to die if you don't, " said another skull man with tufts of brown hair. I did not want to die that way. The blonde skull guy just nodded, and started walking toward me with arms out as if approaching a wild animal.

"Mae, you need to close your eyes. What you are seeing is not real. Listen to my voice and close your eyes," he calmed. For some reason I wanted to believe him. Something deep down told me that this disgusting corpse in front of me would not let anything bad happen. All I had to do was close my eyes, and so I did.

The next thing I knew, arms wrapped around my burning body, and I was lifted from the floor. These arms didn't burn me, like the last pair did. Strangely, these arms cooled me down. I felt one arm under my knees and the other behind my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself against him, trying to have the most surface area of my body touching the cold. I could feel the rhythm of his feet moving, and he was moving fast. I didn't know if we ever made it outside before I passed out. The last thing I remembered before I blacked out was that the man that held me said something.

"I got you, I got you, you are not going to leave me like this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 724 96
ARDEN SERIES : BOOK 2 & 3 Paranormal Romance Arden. The daughter of Athena. I have heard so much about you and everything you have done. Everyone say...
2.8K 40 31
Opal had a normal life. She considered herself to be invisible, irrelevant to the ones who mattered the most to her, so she shut herself off. She sto...
7.8K 622 14
She's sexy as sin and hotter than hell and-oh wait. What would you do to save a loved one's life? Make a pact with a Devil? In my defense, it was the...
Arden By creatist

Paranormal

24.3K 1.1K 52
Highest Rank - #449 in Paranormal ARDEN SERIES: BOOK 1 Paranormal Romance "Arden, you're an amazing girl," He started off quietly. "You might not b...