Hiccup the Prince of Dragons:...

By Dragon_of_the_Night

Prior to the rewrite, the story will first take place when Valka and Hiccup were captured, and Stoick picking... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The White King's Throne
Chapter 2: Scourge of the Red Queen
Chapter 3: The First Dragon Rider
Chapter 5: Knowledge of Ages Past
Chapter 6: A Dragon's Fire
Chapter 7: A Dragon's Claws
Chapter 8: A Dragon's Scales
New Season
Chapter 9: A Dragon's Instincts
Help ma bro and Youtube Team
Chapter 10: A Dragon's Curse a Viking's Grudge
Chapter 11: A Dragon's Conflict
Chapter 13: A Dragon's Message
Chapter 14: A Foreshadowing
Chapter 15: Gathering Fire
Chapter 16: Training Regiment
Story Revision

Chapter 4: The Knight and the Dragon

13.2K 341 87
By Dragon_of_the_Night

Mature Warning: suggestive themes

Back at berk after the second raid, the chief and his people are now preparing some boats to send off to a Viking funeral. A very depressing sight. Many were lost on this onslaught and for what. They won that battle only to be greeted by another one in the near future. Stoic had to say goodbye to his wife and eldest son and is left with his twins Thyriem and Frejya. His heart aches greatly but he has to stay strong for the love ones he has left.

Later that day he was visited by Gothi herself. They had to call Gobbler as he was the only one who can translate her drawings.

"First she gives her condolences chief." Gobbler turns at Stoick with a sad look. Stoick nods in acknowledgement.

"She says that you may have been the first chief after many generations to have ever unlocked... muffins?" Gobbers said the last part wrong and a bump on his head came after.

"Geez this hag can be quite violent." Gobbler grumbles earning another whack in the head. Gothi started writing again.

"What did she say?" Stoick faces Gobbler.

"Umm let's see uh... Now you have a matching pair? Oh how funny." He huffed, crossing his arms.

"C'mon you two get serious already." Stoick had to break the two off.

Gothi started drawing again. Gobbler eyes widened, he then turned to Stoick then back to Gothi.

"Woman are you serious?" Gothi answers with a nod. "By Odin's Beard Stoick. You've learned magic!"

Meanwhile at the hidden study. Valka and Cloudjumper were in shock to see the pair in front of them.

"If I may be bold to ask, but umm... you two are married?" Valka had the courage to ask.

"Yes we are, it quite a long story." George said while nervously scratching the back of his head.

"I actually want to hear it." Cloudjumper asks him out of curiosity.

"Why not, darling you tell them, I'll go get the 'thing'." Silvanna gave him a kiss on the cheek and went down the stairs.

"Isn't she something else?" He said, earning a glare from Cloudjumper. The dragon is still a little wary of the human. "Oh ahem, well where do I start? Oh yes it was 400 years ago when a boy became a man who gave up everything for his lover..."

Flashback

It was summer 400 years ago a kingdom of the Norman begins their knight training. A boy who just broke his voice was already at the right age is now in the training ground. He never wanted to be a knight in the first place. But there's nothing he can do about it. It was an age of war between the kingdoms for territory and resources. Most boys his age couldn't wait to be a knight, to bring glory to the kingdom, to be praised by the royal family and have authority. What a naive mindset. They were only tools to the king for warfare and are expendable. Gregory knows this more than anyone, that the king was a scum with little regards to his people masked by his propaganda.

"You lot it's time we're having a sparring match, those who lose will have to clean the stables." Boomed the knight captain.

Gregory could only groan at the training. Knowing he'd lose anyway he just surrendered before his sparring partner. The captain wouldn't want that.

"Hey boy show some enthusiasm, if you back out now I'd make clean the armory as well, and no dinner!" Gregory gulped at that.

Well as he predicted he couldn't win against his more enthusiastic peer.

"If you keep that up you'd propably be just used as cannon fodder." Earning laughter from the rest. He just shrugged it off and sat down.

3 weeks later

Without showing any improvements, but the captain wouldn't just give up on him. And now they were going up the mountains for a month for a survival training. They set up camp and they'd train tomorrow around noon.

"Do what you boys wants just don't go to far off camp and we won't have a problem." The captain goes off to sleep early.

The rest of the teens sat down near the fire, talking about the future as knights.

"Think of the battles we'd be in, the damsels we'll save."

"Don't forget about the songs we'd sing as we drink hearts out."

"Yeah songs about our heroism."

"That's if we would survive..."

"Hey don't be such a downer Gregory!"

"I'm merely stating facts."

That tears it one of the youths grabs him by the collar and gives him a swift hard hook to the jaw.

"You have no right to be here. I'd suggest you pack your things and go back to you wretched farm."

"I never wanted to be here anyways." Gregory spits blood and a tooth out. He went to his tent and five minutes later he has his bag and left the group.

"Hey you know the captain said that there are beasts living on this mountain."

"Yeah but he doesn't."

"Let it be his problem."

Greogry carefully descended down the mountain. He may not be strong but he is not stupid. Beasts lurk the shadowy forest. Unfortunately for him there was a bear currently dragging a lifeless body of a deer. The bear noticed him completely and started to chase him. With all his might he ran through the forest with the bear not far behind him. He stopped in front of a cliff face. He draws his sword pointing it shakingly at the bear, only for it to swipe it from his grasp with its strong claws. This is the end for Gregory.

A loud roar came from the top of the cliff. A head of a beast. It opened its mouth and blasted the bear in flames killing it. It came down and took the burnt bear with it. To eat it perhaps. Just before it can leave the moon was clear in the skies. Gregory saw a beautiful creature as it was enveloped in moonlight. Gregory couldn't look away from it he knows it dangerous but he couldn't.

The dragon looks at him as well looking unimpressed. She gave him somewhat of a scoff as she ate the bear. The human went closer. She threatened him with a roar. She didn't want to waste energy on a frail human anyways. But she did commend him for not running away at the sight of her. Gregory felt like he was in a trance and decided to talk to the dragon.

"Um thank you for saving me." He mustered the courage to thank the dragon. Only for it to ignore him as it continues to eat.

He tried many thing to get its attention. The dragon finally had enough and proceeds to roar at him again, but the human wasn't scared. It baffled her, once again she roared louder. He comes even closer. The dragon mouth starts to light up signaling him a fire breath. Yet for some reason he couldn't stop. He reaches out with his hand and looks down. He's both scared and confident. Scared that he'd be reduced to ash, confident that the dragon wouldn't. To his surprise the dragon let him touch her snout. His hand glowed it formed a mark of a dragon.

"You're very persistent." he heard a voice. He frantically looks around to find the source of the voice, until he realizes that the voice came from the dragon.

"You can talk!?" He steps back.

"You can understand me?" She also stepped back.

"What did you do to me?" He says staring at the mark.

"Not a clue." The dragon replied. "You're the first human who came at me rather than to run away screaming. I find you interesting." She circles the boy.

"May I ask your name?" He tries to keep eye contact.

"My people call me Zoorsahwuth." she replies giving emphasis on her name.

"Gregory."

"You seem troubled human, oddly enough I can sense your emotions."

"I also feel like I've known you since the beginning."

"Looks like you and me have caught ourselves in fate's hands."

"It must be this mark." Gregory looks at the mark trying to poke it.

"Zoor can I call you something else?" He asks as her name was a mouthful.

"And what would you call me?"

"Silvanna. A name that fits you, Silver dragon."

"Hmmm... I love it actually. A mortal name."

With that the pact was completely. A mutual understanding between the two triggers it. It was magical.

The next day. Gregory wakes up to see he was in bed inside a tent. Next to him was his captain.

"Your awake I'm glad to see you still alive boy."

"We found you in the woods earlier this morning the captain wouldn't stop looking for you."

"What time is it."

"Its time for training. Go get something to eat and come train."

"So it was just a dream..." Gregory muttered under his breath. He gets up and sees his mark still visible from the back of his hand. "Or not." He warmly smiles.

Each night after training. Gregory would always go walk in the forest to see Silvanna. They always meet up in the cliff face where they first met. Gregory felt stronger the more he hangs out with the dragon. Little did he know his body was strengthened by the bond with Silvanna.

On the other hand Silvanna started learning Gregory's language. Baby steps here and there. She felt an urge to know more and more, and asks Gregory to bring books for her to read.

With the acquired power, Gregory became the top trainee in over a few weeks in training, gaining praise and resentment from others.

5 years later

Now captain of the knights of his squad. He still feels that fighting  for a king like this kingdom has is a waste of effort. The peers he had during his training are now lying in a coffin six feet under as their families mourn for them. Endless cycles of hate and war. Speaking of war. It wasn't that long since there previous one against the Saxons. He left to go drink with his men at the tavern. Singing songs of avenging their fallen brothers.

A woman came up to Gregory. A silvered haired beauty. His bond, his lover. Earning praise and wooing from his men came next. Both of them came out of the tavern walking in the night. As they were far enough, Silvanna morphed back into a dragon as Gregory mounts her.

"Something on your mind darling."

"Yeah we have discuss about something." Replied with a sad voice.

"Darling?" She slowed down to face her bond.

"We can't keep this up Silvanna. They're gonna find out sooner or later." He said facing skywards.

"Are you-"

"Running away with you." Gregory grabs her head and looks into her eyes to let her see how serious he is.

"Darling..." Joyful tears welling up in her eyes.

Just then a storm cloud forming causing it to rain. They had to take shelter in a nearby cave. Silvanna had to morph back to human form for the time being. Gregory started a fire to keep themselves warm. Both sat down by the fire, Gregory gives her his cape as a blanket she was naked after all.

"That's chivalrous of you darling." She said leaning on him and hugging his arm.

"Y-yeah of course, for you anything." Gregory stutters and blushes madly. Her chest was really soft and was just right. She giggles at his reddened face.

"After the last crusade, you and me around the world traveling together."

"Just promise me that you'll come back to me."

"I swear to you my dear." He gives her a hug.

She couldn't handle it anymore, she leaps on to him giving Gregory a predator look. Her face was red, her body was hot, and she's breathing heavily. It wasn't fever, she is... on heat...

"I want you in me..." She purrs on his ear.

Just before Gregory utter another word to the duo he got hit in the head with a tail, Silvanna's tail.

"Hey don't go telling them that, it's embarrassing!" Silvanna just came back in time before Gregory could reimagine that scene.

"Sorry dear, I was on a roll." He said, scratching his the back of his head.

"I'll continue the rest of the story, wouldn't want you to add weird things." She huffed still red with embarrassment. She cast magic to levitate and pull a chair to her, as well as a cup of tea.

"I thought you were looking for the 'thing'?" Gregory stands up to stretch his arms.

"I was until I heard that part." She was implying to the cave scene.

"Ok I'll go look for it then." He goes back down to look for the item.

"Now we continue several months later." She says after taking a sip.

Flashback

After winning the last battle, Gregory was on his way back to the kingdom. Ready to celebrate their well fought victory. Gregory was more interested in finding Silvanna.

As they were approaching the capital there was word about a dragon skulking around, Gregory heard a piercing screech in his mind calling out to him which caused his blood to run cold. It was Silvanna and she's in danger. Without a second thought he darted to her location.

"CAPTAIN WHERE ARE YOU GOING!?" he could here his men shouting and following behind him, but he ignores them.

He ran, ran as fast as his legs could take him. He could feel her distress through the mark. Behind the clearing he saw it.

Several knight lie dead on the ground, either burned to a crisp or have been gored by her sharp claws. The king with the prince were also nearby commanding his men.

"KEEP FIGHTING YOU INSUFFERABLE LOUTS, Bring ME THAT DRAGON'S HEAD FOR I WANT TO DECORATE MY WALL!!!" Barked by the King at his men, while taking a bite from his turkey leg.

'Scum' was the only word would come up in head. He feels her wrath and fear swelling up in his soul. He has to save her.

"Ah if it isn't Sir Gregory, just came back from the war I see. Well what are ye waiting for. Kill that monster." He said throwing a goblet full of wine at him. Rage fills his body as he uses Silvanna's power of fire breathing to set the king ablaze.

"AAAYYYYYIIIIIEEEEE!!! IT BURNS IT BUUURRNNNSSS!!! GREGORY YOU BASTARD!!! " Cried the king as he tries to run away, only for Gregory to plunge a sword on the back of his head.

"Your tyranny ends here..." He then faces the prince who was barely seven soiling his pants.

"Don't be like your father." Gregory looks at him then back to Silvanna who just finished the rest of the royal guard. She sees Gregory and rushes to him morphing into human form.

"Are you alright Silvanna/Gregory!" They both said in unison, with Gregory hugging her tightly.

"I-I was so scared when they f-found you." He said as Silvanna strokes his head in comfort.

"I'm fine darling, really." She looks around the chaos they sowed. "What now?"

"We leave."

"Not yet you two. Not without receiving my thanks." They turned to face the eldest prince heir to the throne. "I saw everything." He crouches near the corpse of his father and took his crown. He then kicks the body cursing something about his mother.

"Sir Gregory, for killing this dishonorable man who calls himself a just king. I'll cover for you. Just tell me what you need and I shall give."

Silvanna and Gregory looks at each other and said at the same time.

"Travelling supplies for two."

"Very well."

End Flashback

"After that we went traveling across the world in search of adventure until we settled her several years back." Silvanna said remembering.

"The first prince made up a convincing story about the king getting killed by me and Gregory avenged him but dying in the process."

"Wow..." Both Valka and Cloud jumper awestrucked.

"Dear I've found it!" Gregory came up with a chest, inside lies a black egg.

"What kind of dragon are looking at here? Asks Valka

" Never saw that before either." Cloudjumper sniffs the egg.

"I'll give you a hint, it's black as night and fast as lightning!" Silvanna sets the egg ablaze speeding the incubation time. The egg was shaking and cracks were forming.

"Darling if you don't mind."

"I got it!" He wraps the egg inside of a water sphere. The egg explodes causing a steam clouds to form. As the steam clears all of them heard a cry. A black scaled dragon.

"Night fury..." Valka whispers.

This chapter is now revised

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 721 16
Y/n's past hasn't always been the easiest. She was left an orphan at about 1 month old after one of the dragon raids left both her parents dead. Her...
490 17 10
The peace on Berk is shattered when a group of new dragons kidnap Hiccup. When an old friend from Hiccup's past appears on the island offering to hel...
223K 3.6K 29
When Astrid runs to tell the village, Hiccup goes through with his plan to run away. 10 years later, all raids have stopped, and a Night Fury is shot...
40 0 14
It's been two years since the events of the first film, and Hiccup is about to join Stoick's War Council -- after an Induction Ceremony he is most de...