逼婚首席:影后前妻很抢手

By AllYeisReal

[Forced Marriage VIP Front-Seat: My Superstar Ex-wife is very Popular] Three years ago, President Qiao did no... More

Chapter 1-5
Chapter 6-10
Chapter 11-15
Chapter 16-20
Chapter 21-25
Chapter 26-30
Chapter 31-35
Chapter 36-40
Chapter 41-45
Chapter 46-50
Chapter 51-55
Chapter 56-60
Chapter 61-65
Chapter 66-70
Chapter 71-75
Chapter 76-80
Chapter 86-90
Chapter 91-95
Chapter 96-100
Chapter 101-105
Chapter 106-110
Chapter 111-115
Chapter 116-120
Chapter 121-125
Chapter 126-130
Chapter 131-135
Chapter 136-140
Chapter 141-145
Chapter 146-150
Chapter 151-155
Chapter 156-160
Chapter 161-165
Chapter 166-170
Chapter 171-175
Volume II | Chapter 176-180
Volume II | Chapter 181-185
Volume II | Chapter 186-190
Volume II | Chapter 191-195
Volume II | Chapter 196-200
Volume III | Chapter 201-205
Volume III | Chapter 206-210
Volume III | Chapter 211-215
Volume III | Chapter 216-220
Volumes III | Chapter 221-225
Volume III | Chapter 226-230
Volume III | Chapter 231-235
Volume III | Chapter 236-240
Volume III | Chapter 241-245
Volume III | Chapter 246-250
Volume IV • Chapter 251-255
Volume IV • Chapter 256-260
Note!!!

Chapter 81-85

6.8K 177 4
By AllYeisReal

Chapter 81: Keep The Goodies Within The Family

"Of course we should let Miss Jiang go interview at Shengshi directly. With Miss Jiang's resume, it definitely would not be difficult for her to get a job," Gao Wanhua smiled and said with a calm face.

Jiang Peiyun and Song Qing's faces turned ugly at once. If she wanted to go for an interview, why would they approach her?

What they wanted from her was to help arrange Xinyi to Qiao Yu's side so that she could benefit from the intimacy.

Gao Wanhua saw their faces turn bad. She smiled and said, "In fact, the company business is all managed by Xiao Yu. I don't have any influence at all. Plus, I think Miss Jiang is so excellent, and there is no need for me to put in good words for her."

Song Qing said with a fake smile, "Young Master Qiao is very caring, so he does not want to burden you." If she pushed too hard, it would mean that her daughter was not as good as stated on paper. That would be a slap on her own face.

As for Jiang Peiyun, she was not happy that Gao Wanhua did not give face to herself. She said a few platitudes and left with Song Qing.

Just as they were walking out of the door, they saw the housekeeper bringing in a bunch of jewelry.

Jiang Peiyun and Song Qing both understood immediately. This was from the jewelry company under Shengshi Group. They sent in jewelry for Gao Wanhua every once in a while.

Yet Song Qing was showing off her caring daughter who bought her a ruby ring just now. Look at Gao Wanhua's son. He sent in a whole company's jewelry for her to pick.

The two felt humiliated and left in a rush.

Gao Wanhua asked the housekeeper to put the jewelry down and leave. She pushed the plate to Gao Lihua lightly. "Take what you like."

"No need. These are Xiao Yu's gifts for you, Sister. I can't take them," Gao Lihua smiled and said. "Sister, you should pick more."

Gao Wanhua knew her proud sister well and did not push her. She took a sip of the tea from the teacup and said, "Don't hang out with them from now on."

Gao Lihua looked at her and laughed. "It wasn't me who wanted to do this. They want your Xiao Yu and want him to be their son-in-law. And they were looking for a way to make the connection with you. You know well that Song Qing is the younger sister of our master. If I don't do it, she would go back and talk bad about me at her family dinner. Then my sister-in-law would be questioning me and I would be caught in the middle. Therefore, I had to bring you into all this, my dear sister. Just see this as a favor for me, please."

Gao Wanhua laughed too. They were family so once everything was out on the table, it was all good.

"But Xiao Yu is getting older. He's been abroad for so many years and he really doesn't have a girlfriend?" Gao Lihua said carefully, "I saw the little girl from the Jiang family crying so hard at my brother-in-law's funeral, and thought there was something between her and Xiao Yu." At that time, some media thought Jiang Xinyi was Qiao Yu's fiancée and it made the headlines for a couple of days.

Thinking about her husband's death, Gao Wanhua's smile faded a little. "Xiao Yu will deal with this by himself. Whoever he likes."

Gao Lihua looked at Gao Wanhua and swallowed what she wanted to say. So her sister was obviously refusing others to matchmake for Xiao Yu. She was planning to introduce her best friend's daughter to Xiao Yu as well today. 

Everyone was jealous of the wealth of the Qiao family. As the saying goes, keep the goodies within the family.

Leaving the Qiao house, Song Qing got in the car. Her face was filled with displeasure. "What does she mean? Does she really think our Xinyi will only fall for Qiao Yu? She was looking down upon us with her money!"

Jiang Peiyun looked at Song Qing and sighed. "Sister-in-law, don't be angry. My sister is always soft and can't make decisions for her son. You should just ask Xinyi to find Qiao Yu. They were saying Qiao Yu liked Xinyi before? Maybe he is waiting for her to make the first move."

Song Qing thought it was reasonable. She nodded and said, "You are right. I will tell Xinyi right away."

***
Chapter 82: Keep NG-ing

Xia Ning took a late flight to J City and got to the set on time the second day.

The first scene today was after Weiyang had slept with the emperor for the first time, the emperor was cuddling with her in bed.

After three days, Xia Ning was fine but Zheng Haodong felt very awkward. Needless to say, many trolls who were defaming Xia Ning on the Internet were his fans. But he played dumb and did not do anything. He seemed irresponsible no matter what.

"Brother Zheng, let's work together again today!" Xia Ning smiled at him and said. 

Zheng Haodong looked at her as if he had something to say. He looked very unnatural.

Xia Ning smiled and did not say anything else but just got ready for filming. But Zheng Haodong was having a hard time finding himself and kept NG-ing.

In the royal bed, the emperor was lying down on his side in his pajamas. He held Weiyang's hair to her nose and laughed. "My dear Weiyang, my girl, it's time to get up."

"Cut!" After Director Li said cut, he rushed to the bed and said to Zheng Haodong, "Can your body be not so stiff? Your status right now should be relaxed, casually teasing the woman you love. Be careful, your voice needs to be soft. Do you think you are reciting some script?"

Zheng Haodong looked at Director Li awkwardly. "Sorry, Director Li."

"Well, take 15. Go find yourself!" Director Li walked away impatiently.

Xia Ning darted a look at Zheng Haodong and saw him keeping his head low. Not knowing what was on his mind, she stood up and went straight to her spot to rest.

Lu Qing walked up and pulled Xia Ning aside. "What's wrong with Zheng Haodong today? This scene was NG-ed a dozen times."

Wen Jing sneered. "That's guilt. It was his scandal but he let Sister Xia Ning take the blame. Now everything is cleared. Of course, he does not have the courage to face Sister Xia Ning again."

"Yo, isn't he your idol?" Lu Qing looked at Wen Jing and teased her.

Wen Jing heard that and held her head up high. She said in a proud voice, "Ever since he did not help Sister Xia Ning when she almost died, he ceased to be my idol."

"I don't think it was a life and death matter." Xia Ning coughed.

Wen Jing looked at Xia Ning. "Whatever. In my heart Sister Xia Ning, you will always be the No. 1. Anyone who is in the way, I shall make them take a dirt nap."

This girl's language teachers would cry until they passed out if they heard her now. Xia Ning felt very wordless.

"So, how was the vacation?" A shadow covered her suddenly.

"Sleeping at home everyday! What do you think?" Xia Ning looked up at the man standing in front of her. "How about yours?"

"Similar to yours, just to avoid all the stories made up by the media. My manager likes to complain too, very annoying." Lu Chuan sat down next to Xia Ning and looked at Zheng Haodong who was by himself not too far away. "Why? Is it not going well?"

Xia Ning shot a look at Lu Chuan. Apparently, she agreed to the first half of what Lu Chuan said. Managers could be very nagging.

Lu Qing glared at Lu Chuan. Were these two on the same side now?

Xia Ning turned around and followed Lu Chuan's eyes. She said calmly, "Maybe due to the long vacation, Brother Zheng could not find himself yet."

"I f*cking hate this kind of spineless coward. Asking a woman to take the bullet!" Lu Chuan sneered, his face full of disdain. "Don't think he is like that because he felt guilty to you. These days, so many people are blaming him on the Internet. Some of his commercial contracts are gone and even his new song was said to be involved in plagiarism. Some were even saying he had someone behind him. He's definitely not happy, not to mention his work spirit."

Lu Qing heard that and frowned. "That's a lot. Did he offend anyone?" As she spoke she looked at Xia Ning subconsciously. It couldn't be…

Xia Ning turned her head just in time to meet Lu Qing's eyes. She frowned slightly. What was with her gaze? As if Zheng Haodong's bad luck was related to her.

***
Chapter 83: Revenging For The Smallest Grievance

Xia Ning retracted her gaze and turned to Lu Chuan. She teased, "You don't seem to like Brother Zheng. Did he steal your girlfriend before?"

"If he had the ability to steal my girlfriend, I would admire him." Lu Chuan sneered with disdain in his eyes.

Xia Ning smiled and said, "In fact, I'm not mad at him."

"Why?" Lu Chuan looked at Xia Ning curiously. How could she not be mad when she was the one who was sold out by him?

Xia Ning looked back with a smile and said, "It's simple. He did not make up all those gossips. The one who did it should be the one to blame. Otherwise, I would not have been involved."

Lu Chuan was surprised and stared at her in shock. "I thought you would hate Zheng Haodong. You are different than the person I thought."

"A doormat that everyone can step on?" Xia Ning continued with a slight smile. A touch of youthful vitality flew over her good-looking face and caught Lu Chuan's eyes.

Even if he knew she was a beauty, this kind of smile was really deadly attractive.

Lu Chuan laughed. "I thought you had the personality of revenging for the smallest grievance. Look at your actions against Qi Le. These days her dirts are everywhere. The exposed photos that she had with directors, producers, and rich businessmen are flying all over the Internet. I thought you did it."

Xia Ning smiled and said, "You think too much of me. I'm not that capable." As she spoke, she suddenly stood up and looked down at the man next to her. "But one thing you said is true."

"Which one?" Lu Chuan glanced at her with curiosity.

"I do have the personality of revenging for the smallest grievance. Therefore, Brother Lu, you need to be careful not to cross me!" Xia Ning lifted her eyebrows at him before she turned around to look at Zheng Haodong who was studying the script in his seat. "Well, I gotta go and accompany our emperor with the script. Brother Lu, please help yourself."

Lu Chuan's face went stiff for a second and then he smiled at the vanishing back. What a funny girl!

Just when Lu Chuan left, Lu Qing got a message. Seeing the content, her eyes showed some surprise. She looked up at the girl who was talking to Zheng Haodong not too far away. When did she start following Du Wenxiu?

But Zheng Haodong was unlucky enough recently. So many negative news. Although for a second, she thought it was Qiao Yu's doing, someone like Qiao Yu would not be simply spreading negative news if he wanted to take down Zheng Haodong. There must be something else behind this.

S City, the Shengshi building, in the CEO's office on the 28th floor, Gao Yang was standing in front of the desk facing the man who was working calmly. 

"Brother, I saw the news." Gao Yang frowned and broke the silence.

Qiao Yu's eyes were still on the documents. He did not speak.

"Brother, I heard you invested in a TV show and she was the female lead!" Gao Yang continued.

Qiao Yu signed on the document and closed the folder before he picked up another.

Gao Yang frowned. "No wonder you invested in TV shows and went to J City. Brother, you can't be still not over her!"

"Did you come to tell me this?" Qiao Yu closed the folder and looked at Gao Yang indifferently.

"Isn't this important?" Gao Yang said in anger. "Brother, this kind of cold-blooded woman, I don't understand why you would still talk to her! Back then she almost…"

"Gao Yang!" Qiao Yu shouted out with his cold eyes on him. He said curtly, "Get out!"

"I am saying too much but you should at least think about Enoch. If he knows his mum wanted to kill him before, how sad would he be!" Gao Yang sneered and left with the door slammed.

Qiao Yu looked at the shut door and his face turned horribly gloomy. Has everyone started slamming doors at him recently?

***
Chapter 84: The Fiance In The Rumors

Seeing Gao Yang leaving the CEO's office in irritation, the female staff outside the office were all surprised.Looks like Young Master Gao is in a very bad mood.

Young Master Gao might be the only one who dared to slam doors at the president.

"Indeed, they are cousins. Boss is not even mad at this. Looks like Boss does have a good temper sometimes."

"Not surprising. That was Young Master Gao."

Ding ding ding… The phone rang. An assistant picked up the call. "Hello, are you checking if President Qiao is in?"

"Miss Jiang, right? Let me check if you have an appointment. Please hold for a moment."

"Sorry, Miss Jiang. Without an appointment, President Qiao will not be able to see you."

"I am so sorry. Bye."

After hanging up the phone, the assistant said with disdain, "These women are crazy. They think they can just see the president whenever they want?"

"The Miss Jiang you just mentioned, she can't be the one from the Jiang Group?" Another assistant said in surprise. "I hear she…"

"Business hours are not for your gossips." Chen Lin frowned upon the two assistants. "Boss is not always in S City, so I have relaxed my standards of you. But today, if anyone dares to talk about Boss's personal life, you can leave for good!"

"Sister Chen, it's our bad." The two assistants apologized immediately.

Chen Lin did not pay any more attention to them. She looked at the closed door of the CEO's office. Boss did not have a good temper at all. It was just no one could really make him angry.

That was because before he got mad, he would have a million ways to take someone down.

On the first floor of the Shengshi building, a fashionable girl carrying the newest LV bag was talking to the front desk. Everyone around them was looking at her.

"I know President Qiao. Why don't you just let me up?" Jiang Xinyi was a bit upset. When did she, the daughter from the Jiang Group, ever experience this kind of embarrassment?

The girl at the front desk said gently, "Sorry Miss Jiang, the assistants in the CEO's office also told you just now, without an appointment, you won't be able to see President Qiao."

Jiang Xinyi sneered. "Do you know what relationship I have with your President Qiao? And I need to make an appointment?"

"I am very sorry, Miss Jiang. Even if Mrs. Qiao comes here, we would also need to get approval from upstairs."

Jiang Xinyi's face turned dark at once.Are they mocking her for not being able to make a name for herself after so many years?

"No matter what, I need to see your President Qiao today."

The front desk girl smiled apologetically but did not do anything else.

Every day, a lot of people came here to see the president, claiming they knew him. They had seen enough.

Right before Jiang Xinyi was about to lose her temper, Ding! The elevator door opened. She glanced over and a man walked out in big steps.

"Gao Yang!"

"Xinyi!"

"Why are you here?" the two said at the same time.

Jiang Xinyi and Gao Yang looked at each other and both smiled.

Jiang Xinyi walked to Gao Yang with a smile and said, "Long time no see. You are staying this time I hope."

Gao Yang smiled back. "The old man said if I dared to go out again, he would break my legs." He looked at her and asked, "Are you here for my brother?"

Jiang Xinyi put on a bitter smile. "Yeah, but the front desk won't let me in. Is Brother Qiao upstairs?"

"He is, but he probably won't see you," Gao Yang said calmly.

Jiang Xinyi's face showed some disappointment. "Oh, then I will find him next time." 

"Let's go and grab a drink." Gao Yang suggested.

The two left and the staff on the first floor started talking immediately. This Miss Jiang knew Young Master Gao, so she might actually know the president. Her last name was Jiang. So was she the one who was said to be Boss's fiancée in the rumors before?

***
Chapter 85: Blocked

In the coffee shop near the Shengshi Building.

Gao Yang gave the menu to the waiter and said to Jiang Xinyi, "I heard you're done with your studies. Are you not planning to go back?"

"Yup." Jiang Xinyi smiled. "I'm looking for a job now."

"You are the daughter of the Jiang family and you still need to look for a job?" Gao Yang teased.

Jiang Xinyi shook her head. "I don't want to be in the family business…"

"So you want to go to Shengshi?" Gao Yang asked straightforwardly.

Jiang Xinyi paused. Her hand was holding the cup and she looked down. "I…"

"Getting in Shengshi so you can get closer to my brother?" Gao Yang interrupted her. "I thought you gave up three years ago."

"Gao Yang, you know my feelings for Brother Qiao." Jiang Xinyi smiled bitterly. "I went abroad just to be closer to Brother Qiao."

"Xinyi, we grew up together. You know better what kind of person my brother is."

"Back then, everything happened abruptly. I didn't think my father would unite the others to turn against Brother Qiao and Shengshi." Jiang Xinyi's face was full of pain.

Gao Yang lay on the couch and smirked. Just one sentence saying you did not know and everything will be solved? Remembering the things from before, he suddenly felt anger rising from his chest.

"I think you should give up!"

Jiang Xinyi looked up to him and gritted her teeth. "Why are you always asking me to give up? Aren't we friends?"

Gao Yang sneered and stood up. He looked down upon Jiang Xinyi. "Just because we are friends, I am still talking to you like this. Xinyi, don't waste your time on my brother. I suddenly remembered I have another business to take care of. I have to go now." He walked out as he spoke.

Jiang Xinyi's fingers holding the cup were turning pale. She pursed her lips tightly. No, she would not give up.

After Gao Yang got out of the coffee shop, he took out his phone and made a call. "Fengzi, my brother is serious this time. He probably won't let the Qian Group go." 

"The reason? Same as I guessed before. It's because of your old man."

"Make up for this? Nothing can be changed if my brother has made up his mind." Gao Yang took a look at the tall building. On the poster of the cinema, a policeman in a black bullet-proof suit was holding a gun against him. The word 'Chasing' seemed as if it was delving deep into people's souls. Very impressive.

"Wait a sec. Fengzi, someone might be able to help you."

"You don't have to worry about who that is. Just leave it to me."

Gao Yang hung up and looked at the poster again before he took his car and left.

The door of the CEO's office opened all of a sudden. Qiao Yu walked out. Hearing the cold female voice on the phone, he frowned. Why is the line always busy?

"Boss, are you going out?" Chen Lin stood up and asked.

Qiao Yu looked at his cell phone for a while, before he turned to Chen Lin and said, "Arrange all my recent work to the next couple of days. Then make an empty week for me."

"Yes, I will send the schedule to your email a bit later."

Qiao Yu walked to the elevator and pressed the button. Suddenly he turned around to Chen Lin and asked, "If you call someone and the line is always busy, what could be the reason?"

Chen Lin was a little surprised, as she did not expect Boss to ask this question.

Another assistant on the side answered at once, "If it is not really in another call, then your number could have been blocked. If you call anytime and it's always busy, very likely your number is blocked."

Qiao Yu's face darkened immediately.So, did she block him?!

Seeing the changing number above the elevator, the assistant touched the corner of Chen Lin's shirt.

"Ah, Sister Chen, If Boss is asking about this, does it mean someone…"Blocked Boss?

"Mind your own business!" Chen Lin said slowly, glancing over at the assistant coldly.

"Yes!" the assistant replied. But she became more certain. Gee, who could be that daring to block Boss?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.7K 149
In her previous life, Su Jin was conspired by her family. Her baby was born through Caesarean birth, she had her eyes gouged out and died tragically...
5.2K 221 40
When Amelia is turned by an Original Vampire, she is bound to them by a sire bond. Her lover, who has problems of his own, promises to lift her curse...
2.5M 142K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
136K 2.9K 73
He used his hand fan to raise her head so he can see clearly her reaction. he chuckle when he saw rage and resentment on her big dark eyes,her face i...