Daydream • K.M.

By RejectsandDirections

"Baby, I'm a sociopath, Sweet serial killer. On the warpath Cause I love you just a little too much." In whic... More

Disclaimer & Playlist
Cast
(3.1) In the Mourning
(3.2) Young Heart
(3.3) Moonlight
(3.4) Witch Hunt
(3.5) The Wolf's Den
(3.6) Lineage
(3.7) Pack
(3.8) Family Dinner
(3.9) Brotherly Bonding
(3.10) The Matriarch
(3.11) Midnight Memories
(3.12) Anger Management
(3.13) In-Laws
(3.14) The Hunt
(3.15) Girl Talk
(3.16) Guilt
(3.17) Hail Mary
(3.18) The Breakfast Club
(3.19) Research
(3.20) Reunion
(3.21) Bonfire
(3.22) Wishes
(3.23) Reunited
(3.24) Shark Tank
(3.25) The Muskateers
(3.26) Man Down
(3.27) The Pact
(3.28) Ceremony
(3.29) Bickering
(3.30) Boom
(3.31) Here Comes The Bride
(3.32) Two Years
(3.33) The Countdown
(3.34) Details
(3.35) Birds and Bees
(3.36) ...And Something Blue
(3.37) The Dress
(3.38) The Mikaelson Family
(3.39) The Last First Dance
(3.40) Waiting
(3.41) The Missing Mikaelson
(3.42) Backstory
(3.43) Paranoia
(3.44) Headmistress
(3.45) Finders Keepers
(3.46) Possession
(3.47) Get Out
(3.49) The Great Debate
(3.50) Heart
(3.51) Dog Days
(3.52) The Reveal
(3.53) Consequences
(3.54) The Silence
Interlude. Homeward
Life Update

(3.48) Idle Chat

1.1K 45 0
By RejectsandDirections

As Eden entered the compound the next day, she found Klaus in their room, painting some rather grim images on his canvases. Pausing to study him, she found that she almost didn't want to give up her view.

"So," Eden said finally when she knew she could stare no longer. "I had just put Haven down for a nap when I got a call from Rebekah telling me that Dahlia is coming for the baby. Tomorrow night. Care to explain?" She asked her husband. Klaus rolled his eyes, annoyed that Rebekah had called Eden.

"What more is there to explain darling? Seems Rebekah has filled you in nicely." He muttered, keeping his back to Eden. The brunette stepped further into the room as she leaned against the desk.

"Please explain to me why I found this out from Rebekah and not my husband, a.k.a. the father of my child a.k.a. the said child that Dahlia is coming for." Klaus for his part, sat down his paintbrush with a sigh.

"I didn't tell you because she's not going to get the chance." Klaus revealed, wiping his hands on his paint rag. He threw the cloth down and made his way across the room until he stood a foot from Eden.

"And that's great to know Niklaus, but I still need to know these things. Threats against my daughter is always something I need to know about." She told him sternly.

"Well then you'll be pleased to know that all is well and Dahlia won't get her hands on Haven." Klaus said. Eden raised an eyebrow.

"You and your brother have a plan I suppose?" She asked him.

"Elijah and I have come up with a plan yes." He confirmed.

"And do those happen to have anything to do with the missing ashes of Mikael the Viking?" Eden asked her husband. Klaus gave her a look before he sighed and turned his back to her.

"Rebekah and Elijah have tasked you with the information of where my father's ashes are." He guessed. Eden shook her head as she stood off the desk.

"No, honestly Rebekah didn't mention to me that they didn't know where they were. I'm asking because it's not hard to put the connection there and clearly you and Freya now have a childish rival going on." Klaus scoffed.

"Am I not supposed to be happy that the wretched man is gone?" He asked, to which Eden again shook her head.

"No. I'm elated that he's off the board. But I want to know what you plan on doing to protect Haven. I don't care about you and your siblings bickerings because I know that each of you can protect yourself. My top priority is protecting the one Mikaelson who can't protect herself." She said. Klaus watched her for a moment and then pulled her into a hug and pressed a kiss on her forehead.

The maternal side of Eden was Klaus' favorite version of her. Eden was very adamant in the fact that she was not a good enough mother to Haven. The thought itself was laughable to Klaus. From the moment that Eden learned of Haven's existence, she had done nothing but protect her daughter. Klaus had watched Eden Greer grow from a terrified human girl on the back roads of Mystic Falls, into Eden Mikaelson, a queen in every right.

"If you're so hellbent on protecting your child, then why have I found you back at the compound for the second time in twenty-four hours?" Klaus asked her as he tucked her head under his chin.

"Because I didn't realized it, but apparently I am protecting two children." She mumbled, her voice muted as she spoke against Klaus' chest. Klaus chuckled and Eden felt the vibrations against her cheek before he let her go.

"Well, as you stated, your top concern is protecting the child who cannot protect herself. And seeing as I'm a murderous immortal monster, then I suggest you head back to Algiers to protect the one who can't even walk yet." Klaus said, a ghost of a smile still on his face.

"You didn't answer my question Niklaus." Eden reminded him.

"I promise, when the time is right, I'll tell you. Now please, you're just about the only one I fully trust to watch over our daughter and with Dahlia looming around the city, I would prefer if you keep her close." Klaus said gently, trying to get Eden to leave again. Rolling her eyes, Eden knew that Klaus had a point. She needed to keep Haven close, and seeing as Dahlia had found her way into the compound, there's no telling where she would make her next more.

* * *

Entering the jazz club, Eden saw Hayley, Jupiter, and Jackson standing in front of each other. They were conversing in hushed tones, and only when Jupiter saw Eden's face did she smile at her friend.

"Eden. I was just asking about you." Jupiter said cheerily as she handed Haven off to her mother.

"I stepped out for a moment, I needed some answers. Why what happened?" She asked, glancing around at the three of them.

"Haven woke crying and we haven't really been able to get her to stop." Jackson explained, reaching a finger out to touch Haven's tiny hand. Eden looked from the Alpha down to her baby.

"Sorry." She murmured. "I hadn't intended to be gone long." Jupiter waved her hand.

"Don't worry about it, I fed her and she's been-" Jupiter stopped suddenly, her gaze shifting from Eden to behind her. Eden's eyes narrowed, confused by the pause when she turned around and saw what Jupiter was seeing.

"Are those?.." Hayley began.

"They're dahlias." Eden said, her heart plummeting to her stomach. "She found us." Eden realized, holding the baby closer. Pulling out her phone, she scrolled through her phone for Klaus' number and pressed call before seeing that the line was busy.

"She's blocking the signal." Hayley said, her own phone not working. Faintly, Eden could hear the sound of a four-note tune ringing in the back of her mind.

"Something's not ri-" There were thuds on the ground behind Eden as she turned and saw Jupiter, Hayley, and Jackson laying on the ground.

"They're not dead." A voice said from behind the hybrid. Whipping around Eden found herself face to face with Dahlia. When Eden turned and Dahlia caught sight of Haven, she gasped slightly.

"What a beauty." She remarked. "Hello my child." She spoke. Eden took a step back as she glared at the witch.

"I.." Dahlia stopped, pausing as she looked down at the floor beneath her. Meeting Eden's eyes again, Dahlia sighed.

"I was hoping for a more intimate chat, though I sense by entering you would have me at a considerable disadvantage." Eden scoffed.

"Oh please, step inside. I'd love to show you hybrid hospitality." She growled out.

"I only wanted to see the little one who's been promised to me. Won't be long now. Surely, you've noticed that the spell protecting you is growing weaker." She asked.

"If you lay a hand on her I will make sure it is the last thing you ever do." Eden threatened, trying to keep her rage under control while holding her daughter so closely. Although Dahlia's laughing did nothing to help this.

"Eden is it? I have no quarrel with you. Esther made this bargain long ago. It's most unfortunate that you've been dragged into it." Dahlia said, her voice almost soothing.

"You say it like you're being forced to take my child from me. But you are the one doing this." Eden said.

"When I give my word, I keep it. And I expect others to do the same. Esther and I made a bargain a long time ago and so you see, that child, is rightfully mine. The only question is would you deny me, knowing that it would mean your death?" Dahlia asked.

"Doesn't matter, because you aren't taking her." Eden told her.

"You're frightened for your child. Heh. I can assure you, anything that Freya may have told you about our life together well she always had a flair for the dramatic." Dahlia explained.

"Yeah, well it runs in the family." Eden bit back.

"Well, then of course, most of my troubles with Freya are the fact that I came for her so late in life. You know she had such a strong memory of the family that I took from her. But, Haven, she is still young. She won't cling to the memory of you, or cry for you in her sleep. You can take comfort in the fact that for her it will be as if you never existed." With every word that Dahlia spoke, Eden grew angrier. The sheer audacity that the witch had was enough for Eden to rip her apart.

"Please, I beg, come closer. The only thing that saves you from me kicking your ass is your little magic." Sensing her mother's mood, Haven began whining. As she cried, Eden adjusted her in her arms while making sure to keep an eye on Dahlia.

"You've upset the child. Pity, you ought not to waste your last hours with her this way. You should spend your time saying your farewells. Nightfall tomorrow will come all too soon." Her gaze then turned to Haven.

"Goodbye for now, little one."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 5.2K 21
Rue was only a baby when her family decided to kill her but then Klaus Mikaelson, the hybrid, shows up after hearing the baby's cries, and sees what...
307K 7.3K 49
Ranked #2 in #niklaus stories ☺️ *** in which a thousand years later, a young woman is back from her slumber and will do whatever it takes to win bac...
695K 19.6K 38
"Bless my soul, you're a lonely soul, cause you won't let go." {Book One of the Hybrid Luna Trilogy} {The Vampire Diaries s3-s4} {All Rights Reserve...
295K 6.5K 48
Where a girl who is seen as a freak not only captures the eyes of the Mikaelson brothers but the Salvatores