The Oragami Hero

By Stillwell03

The Akatsuki were teleported acidentally to the future and had no way to go home. The world had changed to th... More

The Dark Secret
The Choice Encounter
Truths Revealed
Training and The Exam
The First Day
Mistress of Melody
Chasing Bells
Truth or Dare
Things Don't Add Up
The Truth
Two Geniuses
Questions and Answers
Ochako's Will
Era's Collide
Undead Holy Woman
An Akatsuki Christmas
Izuku vs Ochako
Three Man Squads
Hosu's Danger
Unsettling Finds
The New Generation
Training For Finals
Dark Power
Bakugou Retrieval Squad
Demon of the Flute
Undead Zombie Duo
Prodigys collide
Sharingan vs Byakugan
Izuku vs Bakugou
Heading Off

Battle of Apprentices

2.7K 60 17
By Stillwell03

Izuku POV:

The day of the sports festival has finally come. Over the past 2 weeks, me and Ocha had been training through bitter work to be ready. I trained my new quirk from All Might and realized my limit is significantly lower than his. The first time I used it though, I kinda shattered every bone in my arm. To say I had to literally keep Ms. Konan from killing All Might for giving me such a dangerous quirk was an understatement. But I did learn from some suggestions by Mr. Pain about evenly spreading the power through my body. As such, I called the new technique 'full cowling'. Right now, everyone is waiting in the waiting room and making last minute preparations to be on television.

"Ok, well be heading out in a few. Make your last second preparations now and be ready." Me and Ocha took our headbands that we got from Mr. Pain and Ms. Konan out to look at them. We glanced at each other and nodded before tying them over our foreheads. "Hey Yaomomo, what's with that headband you have on and the mummy thing on your back?" We looked over to Ashido and Yaoyorozu to see the later wearing a headband similar to Mr. Sasori.

"The headband is a gift from my mentor. I've been doing some training with Mr. Sasori after the USJ. He was rather impressed with my talent, that he allowed me to take one of his first few puppets he made into combat with me and gave me this to symbolize me being under his guiding wing." She looked up at her headband with pride knowing she's honoring his name while wearing it. "Guess Momo is like us." "If he gave her both of those, we may have some stiff competition with her." We smile at each other before Todoroki comes over to us.

"Midoriya, Uraraka, I want to say something." We listen closely until he says with no emotion. "This is officially my declaration of war between you both. I will beat you and show that I'm the best." He walks away with both of us confused on his act. "Did we just get called out by Todoroki?" "I guess we did." We start to get called for us to head to the stadium. Once in the tunnel, we hear the roar of the crowd and start to feel their emotions without even seeing them.

"WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN TO UA'S ANNUAL SPORTS FESTIVAL! I'M YOUR HOST FOR THIS YEARS FIRST YEARS PRESENT MIC. JOINING ME TODAY ARE THE ERASER HERO, ERASERHEAD AND THE LEADER OF THE AKATSUKI, GOD!" "Does he always shout these things?" "Unfortunately." "NOW WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LETS MEET OUR CONTENTS! COMING IN FIRST, THE CLASS THAT IS TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM, CLASS 1-A!"  We start walking out with Mr. Pain finally losing his patience with Mic and taking the microphone from him and calling out the other classes.

"Now for the referees for the match. We have the R-rated hero Midnight and a member of the Akatsuki Stitches." We look over to see Mr. Kakuzu not too thrilled to be working with Midnight. "Are you really a high school teacher with that outfit?" "What? It's approved by the board." "*sigh* Let's just get this over with. Now to make the opening ceremony speech, we have the first year valedictorian. Everyone please welcome the boy who gained the highest marks in the entrance exam, Izuku Midoriya." Mr. Kakuzu motions to me with my nerves overtaking me. 'Just stay calm Izuku. It's just a speech.' I look at the crowd and remember how All Might said to make my presence known to the world. With that, I try and speak. "Today is a day many of us have been training hard for. And for that, I vow that we will honor the sanctity of this festival and everyone who represents it to our fullest."

The crowd stayed quiet until some started to clap. The few began to grow to the entire stadium with me letting out a sigh of relief. 'At least I said something right.' "Now, without further ado, lets begin the first event!" As Midnight says this, a giant roulette spun and stopped. "Our first event shall be an Obstacle Course! Contestants will run around the stadium and return here as fast as possible. The first 42 that will complete the course will advance to the next round." We all got ready to exit with me and Ocha looking at the entrance and noticing something. "Izu, I can tell one problem right now." "I can too, just keep focused right now." We got into a running position and waited for the buzzer to go off. As it did, we charged at the door with infusing chakra in our feet. We began to run on the walls and watch everyone get stuck. 'The first obstacle is the door. We all entered in with 3 side by side being cramped. Now everyone is fighting to get out. This is gonna be a problem.'

Once we get to the end of the exit, I start flying with wings I made out of paper to try and get ahead. I only stop when a giant robot blocks my path. "OUR FIRST OBSTACLE OF THE COURSE IS SOMETHING WE LIKE TO CALL, ROBO INFERNO!" "Cake." I activate full cowling and fly past the robots with high speed. Thanks to a little tinkering, I found out that OFA not only increases my speed and strength, but also reduces the amount of chakra I need to keep my Kekkei Genkai going. Now I can fly at high speeds with hardly using any chakra. "Is that the best they could do?" I exit the area with a giant amount of ice freezing the robots in their tracks. '...Todoroki.' "THE NEXT OBSTACLE IS-*SMACK*" "My apologies ladies and gentlemen, but I could not take his shouting anymore. The next obstacle is the tightrope walk. Those who fall off and into the pit will be eliminated from the race. And as I have said this, our pact leader Izuku Midoriya has finished this course." 'Not hard when you can fly over it at Mach speeds.'

I reach the final obstacle with what seemed like a straightaway. "The third and final is an obstacle known as the landmine zone. They are not lethal, but will set you back if you step on them." I reach the clearing with everyone still far behind me. I take off my wings when I exit the area and run to the entrance to claim my first place mantle. "It appears the first person back is Izuku Midoriya of class 1-A." As Mr. Pain says this, I look up to the screen to find where Ocha is before seeing a giant explosion. "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!? THAT WAS WAY TOO BIG FOR ONE OF OURS!?" I look closely and realize what happened. "...Genius."

A few minutes back Ochako POV:

I hear as Izu passes the first event with me just barely getting past the second obstacle. Once I get to the landmines, I realize there's no way I'm getting there anytime soon. 'If I do this the way everyone else is, I'm not gonna progress. Common Ochako, think. What would Izu do? If I was him, I'd fly over the field. Not much good that does since..I...can't-' I watch as some guy gets thrown back and get a light bulb in my brain. "That's it!" I start grabbing the scrap of a zero pointer I grabbed near the beginning in hopes that it would come in handy while making it weightless and got to work.

While I was putting my plan together, I had multiple people stop and stare a second in an attempt to find out what I'm doing before ignoring me. Once I was ready, I put my plan into motion. 'Alone, these things are only able to push you back. But what if I used several to propel me forward?' I put the plate in front of me before jumping on the mines. 'If this doesn't work, I'm done for.' Once I landed, a giant explosion happened that sent me flying in the air. "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!? THAT WAS WAY TOO BIG FOR ONE OF OURS!?" When the smoke cleared and everyone saw it was me, I could only hear Mr. Pain speak.

"Ingenious. She used multiple landmines from the front to activate at a set time together in one location. The margin for successfully executing this is very slim and she could have easily miscalculated somewhere. Well done on her end." I start to fly to the front and over Bakugo and Todoroki with them rushing to get to me. 'I'm descending. Once I'm on the ground, they'll catch up to me. I gotta do something fast.' I flip over and hold the metal plate above me. Once both are next to me, I slam the plate on the ground to force them both back and me forward. I land outside the minefield and run as fast as I could to the entrance.

"AND IN SECOND PLACE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE OCHAKO URARAKA!" I look at the crowd and smile between pants for air. 'I did it. I don't know how, but I did it.' "Go Ocha!" Izu starts walking over and gives me a celebratory hug. "That was amazing sweetie!" "Thanks, but you probably could've done better." "I doubt it. I probably would've screwed up somewhere along the way." We start laughing and sit down to wait for everyone else. Once the last person came through the entrance that was progressing, we were called to gather near the podium for Midnight and Mr. Kakuzu to say the next event.

"And now for our next event. Lets see what we have!" The roulette spun again with Midnight shaking in anticipation. "What will it be? The anticipation is truly a turn on." 'Did she just say a turn on?' "How you are a school teacher is beyond my belief after that statement." The roulette stops at an event as Midnight shouts it out. "Cavalry Battle! Players will pair in teams of 2-4 and try to claim headbands that will be placed somewhere on their neck or higher. Quirks are permitted for use and those that lose their headbands are still able to compete and reclaim their lost ones. However, making a team fall or trying to harm someone purposefully is an absolute red flag."

"So it's like a 'who has the most at the end situation'. Kinda cool." "LET ME FINISH!" Midnight loses her composure with Mr. Kakuzu looking as if hes questioning why he's even here. "Now, the people that will go to the third stage will be those that pass with the most points from a system that is held by your places in the last event. As an example, 42nd place will have a 5 point value with 41st having a 10 point and so on." 'So it's a way for someone in the lower ranks to get ahead. Not bad.' "And the first place winner will get 10 million points!" We all hear this with one thing going on my head. 'Izu's dead.'

Izuku POV:

"You all have 5 minutes to make a team, so get to it." After Mr. Kakuzu started our timer, I started to look frantically for people to team with. "Ojiro, do you wanna-" "Sorry man, I kinda have someone I'm already paring with." 'Now that I think of it, all I need is one more person for a team. But nobody will want to pair with me because they'll be targeted!' "Hey Izu, wanna pair up?" I look over and start crying at the fact Ocha wants to pair with me. "Are you sure, everyone's gonna be after us." "It's fine, you and me can take them on no sweat." She smiles at me with her trademark blinding smile as I could only cover my eyes from the light.

"O-ok, but we should probably get a third or fourth person." "HAVE NO FEAR 10 MILLION POINT BOY, FOR MEI HATSUME IS AT YOUR SERVICE!" Me and Ocha look behind us to see a girl with pink dreadlocks smiling at us. "That paper quirk you have really is something kid. What's up with it?" "Well, it's kinda like a quirk and kinda not. It's something I worked on for a while now and is something I was able to make very useful." "Awesome! You truly are the one person that can make my babies shine!" Both me and Ocha looked at her and asked at the same time. "Babies?" She shows us a jet pack and some hover boots to specify what she meant. "Ok, one more person and were good."

5 minutes later

"Time is up, now let's begin!" "Ocha, Hatsume, Tokoyami, ready?" "Ready!" "Ready!" "Indeed." We waited for a timer to buzz of to indicate us beginning. Immediately, I sprouted a large pair of wings and flew us above everyone while Ocha made us weightless. "Hey! Isn't that cheating!" "He's inside the lines and still mounded to his group, it's legal." Everyone was rather annoyed with this with Kaachan coming at me. "DEEEEKKUUUUU!!!" "Phase one in place. Ocha, I think it's time to give Kaachan a taste of his own medicine." I smile at her with everyone holding her tight to keep us together.

"Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!" Ocha makes large flowers out of fire to push Kaachan away with me preparing a counter. "Water Style: Water Bullet Jutsu!" I dulled the impact to only knock Kaachan back down to earth for Sero to catch him. "Phase two done. Now what?" "Now Hatsume, we play the waiting game." We stayed up in the air with only Kaachan able to touch us in the beginning and only watched as we passed with the littlest of effort.

10 minutes later

"And we are finished! In first place, we have team Midoriya. Second place goes to team Todoroki! Third place is team Bakugo! And lastly, fourth place goes to team Shinso!" As Mr. Kakuzu says this, we descend back down with me and Ocha happy with our results. "We shall take a short break for lunch. But be back in 30 minutes for the last event!" I start walking with Ocha to the cafeteria before Todoroki grabs me. "Do you mind if we talk?" "Uh, ok. I'll see you later Ocha." "Ok." She watches as me and Todoroki walk out of sight with me completely confused.

Once we get to a secluded place, Todoroki stares at me without talking. "So, what did you want to talk about?" "...Your mother and All Might seem to know each other quite well." "W-well that's just because their good acquaintances." I try and play it off so Todoroki doesn't find out about OFA. "I'm just gonna ask this then,...are you Ms. Konan and All Might's secret love child?" "PFFFFT!" I couldn't believe what I heard from Todoroki since it was something completely off base.

"N-no. Not even possible. I was conceived before the Akatsuki came to this time. So the chances of that happening are kinda impossible." "I see, so it's only coincidence you both interact as a family." I start to awkwardly laugh a bit at this trying to think how we look like a family. "Todoroki, I've had a question for a while and tried my hardest not to ask out of respect. But I have to know, why don't you use your fire half in combat?" Todoroki stayed silent for a minute until he answered. "Because I refuse to use my fathers power." 'He...refuses?' "Let me explain."

Konan POV:

I start to walk back after explaining to the girls of 1-A that nobody had told Mineta that they needed to wear cheerleader outfits and become an image of fan service. 'That child needs professional help. He will not be getting that from me however.' I walk near a clearing and overhear a conversation I wish I hadn't. "My father is the number 2 pro hero for a fact. But he's nothing more than a powerful bastard who only thinks of getting stronger. Eventually, he came to the realization that he could not defeat All Might, so he sought a new way to surpass him." I listen closely to Todoroki's conversation with someone until I notice who he is talking to.

"What did he do?" "Are you familiar with quirk marriages?" "Those marriages that came out some time ago as a way to produce an offspring with a more powerful quirk, right?" "Yes, my father had found my mother and decided to force her into one of them. He wanted her power to create a child that could surpass All Might. He went so far as to bribe her own family as a way to gain this." I glanced over to see Todoroki hold his left eye. "As far as I can remember, all I could see of my mother were images of her crying. Her exact words to me were 'I can't stand to see that left side of yours' as she poured boiling hot water down my left side."

I had felt my heart drop at hearing the boy's own mother had done such a horrible thing to him. 'I always assumed that the scar was from an accident with his quirk as a child and never believed a parent could do such a thing. Poor child.' I had held my chest thinking this. "Becoming number 1 without using his vile quirk is my way to get back at him and deny everything he desired. And it is because of that, that I will beat you and show that I will become the best hero with only my right half." He started to walk away with Izuku and I horrified still by his resolve.

"If you want to be the best, half ass effort will only get you so far." I look up to see Izuku clenching his fists. "I had fought hard to get to where I am, and I refuse to see someone who was given the world to grow limit himself with only half their power." He looks over to Todoroki before saying the next part. "No matter what happens, I will beat you and show you that you should use 'your' full power." Todoroki sees this and is stunned for a second before returning to his calm self. "We will see." He walks away with me leaving the area to keep myself from being noticed. "I want to help Todoroki, but how?" "Konan, I need to discus something with you." I look over and see Itachi to get an idea. "Very well, what is it?"

Izuku POV:

After lunch, we were all brought to the field with 16 finalists. "Attention everyone, there has been a slight change." I look up to Mr. Kakuzu who was motioning to Ojiro and a guy from class B. "Due to personal matters, both Ojiro and Shoda have dropped out of the top 16. They personally thought they did not deserve to be in it themselves and chose to drop out willingly. As such, Shiozaki and Tetsutetsu shall be replacing them. Now that that is discussed, we shall draw lots to see who will be facing who."

Once the lots were drawn, I looked up and saw I was facing Shinso from General Studies. 'I did a little research on him in my own time. If I remember, he has a mind control quirk.' "Hey Ocha, who do you ha-" I stop when I see her completely pale. "Ocha, you ok?" I look up to where she's looking and realize why she's so scared. 'She's facing Kaachan.' "Guess my win is gonna be easy." Kaachan walks up and grins at us, while Ocha looks as if she's about to throw up. "What's wrong Round Face, can't back up your mouth without Deku by your side?" She clenches her fist and glares him back. "I'm beating you today Bakugo. No matter what." 'This could end badly.'

And that finishes this chapter. Next two or three chapters will cover the last of the sports festival with some major fights and reveals. Hope you all enjoyed this and thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 299 17
As Konan and Obito were fighting , Konan unleashed her most powerful technique : Paper person of God Technique which splits the lake full of paper ex...
46.2K 1.8K 31
A simple girl, living in a simple life... BUT one day, a weird mark appeared in her forhead. She told her parents about it and she expect them to be...
15K 407 76
For most of his life, Toya Todoroki was a loner. He was a scrawny, broody kid only known for getting in an explosive fight that led to him being held...
42.5K 814 23
The world of the Shinobi has come to an end. Right before Kaguya was sealed away by Naruto and the others, she cursed the world with what little powe...