Blood of a Villain || MHA Fic...

By iza_iza_loves_shizu

"I have one question for all of you. Do you think a villain become a hero?" Villains are criminals. They are... More

Prologue
1: Quirk Assessment Test
2: Heroing 101
3: Aizawa
4: Media
5: The Attack on the USJ
6: A True Hero
7: Stalking a Teacher
8: A Dark Room
9: Your Friend
10: The Festival Begins
11: Burn
12: Matches
13: Safe
14: Awaken
15: Mother
16: The League of Heroes
17: Shifter
18: A Bad Game
19: Sea of Myself
20: Heroes and Villains
21: What the Heart Wants
22: Find Out
23: Will I Die?
24: Fairytale
25: Nii-san
26: Pool Party!
27: Forgotten Scars
28: Hide and Seek
29: Shouldn't Have Played with Fire
30: Truth or Dare?
31: All For One
33: Take the Stand
34: Trial's End
35: Mixed Feelings
36: Group Home
37: Girls Meet Up!
38: The Game of Life
39: Can I Sleep Now?
40: I-Island
41: I-Expo
42: The Preview Party
43: The Security System
44: Robot Army
45: Bet I'll Make You Laugh
46: Stranded
47: The Coolest Room
48: Mind If I Stay?
49: Ultimate Moves!
50: The Licensing Exam!

32: Awaken

1.8K 94 76
By iza_iza_loves_shizu

When I woke up, I couldn't move.

The machine next to me was beeping every couple seconds to signify my heart beating, and an IV was stabbed into my arm. The room was empty of people, but as my eyes shifted across the room all I could see were cards, flowers and various gifts. Was all of this for me?

My arm trembled violently as I lifted it from the bed, and I could barely get a grip on the card sitting on the bedside table. My grip let out before I could pull it over to me and it fell onto my chest. Seconds later, my arm collapsed back to my side. Every movement caused pain to throb through my body, and a part of me wanted to cry.

An image of my father flashed through my head and my mouth clenched shut as my muscles tensed. The fear appeared and took over out of nowhere, dragging my limp body down into the darkness where all of my memories lie. The beeping from the machine sped up rapidly. My body was so exhausted I barely had the strength to tremble.

Strangers rushed into the room, and I fought to move. I have to get away. I need to get away! Stay back! Flailing exhausted limbs, my breathing grew heavy. Every movement was draining. All of my energy was being constantly sucked out of me. Having gotten too close the edge, a yelp escaped my lips as I fell off the side. Hands reached out to grab me and I struggled to push them away. I don't like this. Let me go. Let me go!

All I can see are images of my father. He's surrounded me. Every hand is the large, calloused one he used when he grabbed me. Every touch against my skin reminds me of an injury he's inflicted at some point during my life.

"Young Izumi," the voice was commanding, yet gentle. The many hands of the strangers moved away and only one person took their place. He looked awful and had several bandaged injuries all across his body. He was the man that saved me. But all I could remember was being hit with his punch.

My feet weakly slid against the floor as I tried to push myself away but I lacked the strength. His hand reached out, and my eyes widened in terror as my mind turned it into his muscle form's fist before it made contact. I flinched away with a cry, trying to push myself further and further away.

One of the nurses pushed forward and I screeched in terror, using all my strength to kick out my legs to keep her away. All Might caught me, holding me in place. I couldn't move. I can't move. I'm scared. Someone, help me. Someone come save me. I let out another cry as something stabbed in my leg and everything went fuzzy as my head fell towards the ground.

When I woke up again, I was back in the hospital bed and the IV had been reattached. A glass of water stood on the bedside table, with a straw long enough that I could shift my neck a little bit to reach it. My lips quivered as they enclosed around the straw, and I pulled a bit of water into my system. My mouth suddenly felt so much drier, and I began to gulp down sip after sip until the glass was empty. Pulling away, I let out a tired breath.

The card I'd tried to read earlier was back on the desk, but it had been turned so I'd be able to read it from where I was laying. Trying to focus my eyesight on the words, it took a couple of seconds before I was able to make out what it said.

Dear Izumi,

Mr. Aizawa told us that the hospital isn't allowing you to have visitors right now but we all wanted to let you know we're thinking of you so he said he'd figure out a way to get this to you! We all wrote you a letter and put together a get-well package for you.

Wishing you a quick recovery,

Class 1A

My lips parted in a slight smile. It was tiring to do so, but I couldn't help it. Rolling onto my side, I could see the box of letters on the floor beside my bed and a basket filled with all kinds of things just behind it. They were heavier than I expected, but I managed to pull both things up onto the bed beside me. Reaching into the box, I pulled out my first letter. It was in a plain white envelope with neat writing to spell my name on the back.

Dear Izumi,

I'll be thinking of you, so please hurry and wake up soon! I'd also like to apologize. I'm sorry that I snapped at you a couple of times when you and Uraraka weren't getting along so well.

I got you a package of bath bombs. You put them in the water when you bathe and they turn the water different colours and have a relaxing effect. You should try them out!

Wishing you well,

Momo

Glancing over to the basket, I wouldn't have known what they were if the package hadn't labelled them. There were 6 different coloured spheres: black, blue, yellow, green, orange and purple. They looked kind of weird, but a part of me was curious.

Izumi,

I thought these would look great on your totally awesome body! Get better soon!

Mineta

P.S You should send me a pic

A low grumble left my throat as my eyes fell on the black, lacy underwear sitting in the ridiculously large basket. That's it. As soon as I get out of this fucking hospital bed, I'm going to punch him into next week! The little pervert!

Izumi,

I thought you may be a bit bored stuck in the hospital bed, so I found you a book of jokes. It's 300 pages of pure laughter! I thought it may help cheer you up.

Feel better soon, okay?

Sero

Hiya Izumi,

Please get better soon! We're all waiting for you to wake up :)

I thought you might feel a bit grimy, so I got you some scented soaps!

Feel better soon, girl!

Ashido

Izumi,

I found this nice orange-scented candle when I was at the mall, and I thought you would like it. Hospital rooms smell weird sometimes, so maybe this will make it more comfortable for you.

I'm rooting for you to get better,

Hagakure

Hi,

I thought you might want something to do, so I got you a colouring book. I hope you feel better.

Koda

To Izumi,

I thought you might need some writing utensils for some of the other gifts, so I picked up some coloured pens and pencils.

Take it easy,

Sato

Extra,

Don't you dare tell anyone anything about that hug or else! Everyone said I had to do something so I made you some fucking cookies. YOU BETTER FUCKING LIKE THEM OR ELSE!

Get better, idiot!

Lord Explosion Murder

Izumi,

I wasn't sure what kind of stuff you were into, but since you're stuck in the hospital I thought you may want something to do. I saw this sketchbook and decided I'd pick it up for you.

I do hope you get better soon,

Tokoyami

Dearest Izumi,

I got you some hair accessories so that you may look as beautiful as moi. Please take care, mademoiselle.

The most beautiful,

Aoyama

Hey Izumi,

I hope you're starting to feel better. Everyone's worried about you! I found a nice journal the other day when I was picking up some school supplies for next semester so I bought it for you.

Ojiro

Izumi,

Whenever I was sick, I would usually play cards with myself or with close friends and family so I bought you a deck. Maybe you could play with some of the nurses or with us when we're finally able to visit?

Shoji

Hey Izumi!

I know you can't play it on your own, but I picked you up The Game of Life! It's a fun board game. A bunch of us should play together when you're better, alright?

Kaminari

Greetings Izumi,

As the class rep, I took it upon myself to purchase you a gift that would pick your brain a little so you can stay sharp. If you don't know, puzzles are a bunch of weird-shaped pieces that you have to put together to make a picture.

We all are wishing you a quick recovery and hoping for your return to classes soon!

Iida

Hey Izumi,

I wasn't sure what kinda stuff you'd like, but I know you really admire the hero Erasure Head so I found you this cool action figure!

I'm sorry if you're not really into this sort of thing but we don't talk often and it was really the only thing that I knew you were kinda in to. Maybe you would of like something else much more, so I'm not sure if this was really the right thing to get you but I hope you still like it — even if it's not totally your thing.

Sorry, I'm rambling again. Feel better,

Izuku

Hi Izumi,

Kirishima told me that when you guys went to the mall, you said you'd never had fast food before. I was a bit surprised when I found out, so I thought I could give you some other foods you may not have tried before.

I picked up a bunch of different kinds of candy that I'm hoping you'll like. Please get better,

Tsu

Hey,

How are you feeling? Since you got a phone recently, I thought I'd get you some earbuds so you can listen to music. If you're interested, I can put together a playlist of music you may like once you're awake?

Get well soon,

Jirou

Dear Izumi,

I wanted to give you something that you'd find helpful, and I saw this blanket. It's warm and fluffy so I thought it would provide you with some comfort.

I'm wishing you a quick recovery,

Todoroki

Hey, Izumi!

I've been super worried about you since the incident. No one's told us anything, except that only All Might, Nezu and the police are allowed to see you. I wanted to let you know that I'm here for you, even if I can't visit you.

I'm sorry about everything that has happened. We didn't want to upset you so Iida told everyone not to mention the incident but I needed to say this. I don't care who your parents are, Izumi, or what they've done. I will always be your friend, no matter what. Friends forever, okay?

My gift is in a little white box.

Please get better soon, okay? I'll be thinking about you,

Uraraka

P.S. I have the other half

My gaze shifted towards the basket and I darted my eyes over the gifts that everyone had put together for me. I was able to look at everything and know who'd gotten it for me. I managed to grab the white box and pull it closer, although I was having a hard time holding it. It slipped from my grasp just after I opened the box.

The necklace was silver in colour, and a half heart was attached to the end. Written vertically from the top to the bottom, was the word 'friends'. With trembling hands, I struggled to put the necklace around my neck. Even if it took a few minutes, and the effort exhausted me, I wanted to wear it.

Only one letter was left, and I knew exactly which gift was theirs. It was difficult not to notice it after all since it barely fit in the basket. It was soft to the touch as I weakly pulled it closer so the gift sat beside me. I was able to put the basket back down on the floor beside the bed, and I placed the box of letters back on the table.

My arms wrapped around the huge stuffed animal as I held the red dragon to my chest. I shakily opened Kirishima's letter. My arms were so tired from holding up the letters and moving around that I could barely keep them steady. I wanted to read it. I wanted to see what he said.

Hey Izu,

Everyone's been worried about you. Your face is all over the media, and everyone's been talking about you since the news came out. We weren't supposed to tell you about it, but I'd rather you hear it from me than find out on your own. A lot of people are against you right now, and the civilians are afraid of what you might do when you wake up. The police don't trust you.

I want you to know that I don't care. No matter what the media or the police say, I'm on your side. Even if we argue or fight like we did before, I'm still your friend. I know I can't visit you, but you can text me or call me anytime you like and I'll answer.

I got you a stuffed dragon so if you're scared or lost and need someone to lean on, you'll have something there since I can't be. We'll get through this together. I'm sorry I couldn't save you, and I can't forget how terrifying it was watching that battle and imagining all the pain that man had been putting you through.

Please wake up soon,

Rocky

I shakily placed Kirishima's card on my bedside table, along with Uraraka's. Placing one hand over the necklace and wrapping the other around the dragon, a calming feeling washed over me as the exhaustion took over and I fell asleep.

When I woke up for the third time, I was not alone.

The policeman and All Might stood at the end of my bed, and my grip tightened around the dragon. They hadn't seemed to notice that I was awake yet, but I could feel my muscles tensing. Why do I feel so anxious all of a sudden? Why am I so afraid of being around people?

"Young Izumi," All Might nodded in my direction, "I didn't realize you were awake. This is my friend, Noamasa Tsukauchi. He's a detective with the police."

"It's nice to meet you, Izumi. All Might's told me a lot about you. I was hoping to ask you some questions about what happened."

The man reached a hand towards me, and I tightly clutched the dragon closer. I parted my lips and screamed at the top of my lungs, causing the man to flinch back suddenly. Within seconds, more strangers were rushing into the room and I covered my ears with my hands.

They were all reaching out, trying to grab me, as I flailed out my libs to push them away. Stop! Stop it! I can't stop seeing visions of my father. Everything I do, it's like he's there watching me. He's around every corner, hiding in every shadow. I'm afraid. There was a familiar pinch as something stabbed into my arm, and everything faded into nothing.

Then I was alone again.

The room was a lot darker when I woke up for the fourth time. I glanced around nervously. I didn't like the dark. My body shivered slightly from the cold and I could feel the pain from my injuries increase from a steady ache to a slight throbbing.

I leaned over to pull up the fluffy black blanket that Todoroki had gotten me and wrapped it around myself. The dragon had remained in my arms since I'd gotten it as I stared up at the white ceiling. Rolling onto my side, I stared over at the hospital window. The blinds had been pulled over so I couldn't see outside.

Something was blinking on the bedside table and my eyes shifted over to look. Reaching out, my trembling fingers wrapped around the device as I pulled it over. I squinted at the bright light when the screen turned on and quickly dragged it down so it wouldn't blind me.

A text message from Aizawa had shown up on the lock screen. Clicking on his name, I unlocked my phone and the messages app opened up so I could read what he'd sent me.

From: Aizawa (Yesterday, 8:36 am)

Hey Izumi. Sorry I haven't been able to visit you.

The police are being really strict about who's allowed to see you right now.

You've been unconscious for about a week now. They let Recovery Girl in a few times to help with some of the broken bones and punctures.

Let me know when you're awake.

To: Aizawa (10:38 pm)

I don't know when I woke up the first time, but I've been going in and out. This is the fourth time I've been awake.

From: Aizawa (10:39 pm)

I'm glad you're getting better.

The class has been asking about you.

To: Aizawa (10:39 pm)

You can tell them I'm doing okay, and thank you for all the cards and gifts.

Except for Mineta.

Tell him I'm going to beat the shit out of him.

From: Aizawa (10:40 pm)

Do I want to know?

To: Aizawa (10:41 pm)

He bought me underwear.

Then he asked me for a picture.

From: Aizawa (10:42 pm)

I won't get you in trouble if you hit him.

To: Aizawa (10:43 pm)

I don't fucking care if I get in trouble.

I'm still going to hit him.

From: Aizawa (10:44 pm)

It's getting pretty late.

Thanks for letting me know how you're doing, but you should probably rest.

I'll let everyone know that you've woken up, and see if I can come and visit you soon.

To: Aizawa (10:44 pm)

Goodnight

From: Aizawa (10:46 pm)

Goodnight.

Sleep well, Izumi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 166 55
---I know you can hear me, pro hero. If you don't want to be the only hero left in Japan, I suggest you never do this again... I will not hesitate to...
202K 6.3K 51
"What if..." "If only..." "I want a change." These are very well used and bitter phrases in my community, I myself used them far too often From a y...
70.6K 2.5K 57
Izuku Midoriya, son of All for one, grew up within the League of Villains. His mother died when he was young. Izuku is extremely smart and can trick...
22.4K 810 12
"Do you think.... That I could be a hero too? Even... without a quirk?" "Without a quirk? Not happening, kid." All his life Izuku Midoriya...