The Trouble Next Door (Book #...

By nevergoingtofindme

(Book #3 of the mafia series) Sierra is now 21 years old and in her last year of collage She lives in this... More

Authors Note
Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch.12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch.18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch.26
Ch. 27
Ch.28
Ch.29
Ch. 30
Ch.31
Ch.32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch.39
Ch. 40
Ch.41
Ch.42
Ch.43
Ch.44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch.47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch.50

Ch. 5

3.7K 157 13
By nevergoingtofindme

Sierras POV

"Now give it up for our rookie.... Shadow" Jefferson announces and no one cheers so I decide to at least clap for the guy.

The guy who was in my area walks out of the locker room in shorts letting his abs show and girl let me tell you. They were drool worthy.

He still has his mouth and eyes mask on and his hands are now taped as he makes his way into the arena.

I can start to see the girls dressed in black and blue skimpy outfits come out with a bucket letting everyone out there money in to see who they bet on.

"Give me an apple martini and a....."

"Bed of roses" a female voice finishes and I get right on it.

"Put it under my tab" i look up and see Mr. Raymond.

I just nod and go back to work as I hear Jefferson announce Conner the crusher making everyone cheer and I just roll my eyes.

"Can I get a blue moon?" I hear someone shout at me.

"Two martinis over here!" Another shouts.

This is going to be a long night.

I start to work quickly with more people piling on with Angela watching me like a hawk.

All of a sudden everyone stops and turns to look towards the arena.

I look up while mixing up the last drink and see that Conner is losing.

Conner goes for a round house kick to save his championship but fails to do so as the rookie catches his foot.

The rookie pulls in Conner closer and then bam! He knocks him out cold.

Damn that quick?

Everyone is silent. I look up to the windows and see Mom and dad looking down at the rookie with a pleased smile on.

Oh

Ohh

I start to serve everyone's drink quickly as they look at the rookie in show like most people in here.

I glance at the rookie to see him looking around and that's when his eyes set on mine.

His honey pool eyes show no type of emotions and that's when I see it.

He's wearing the golden ring around his neck showing to me that he's here for the Italians.

So he's the new fighter that the quads were telling me about a few hours ago.

"Let's give it up to Shadow!" Jefferson shouts and everyone starts to slowly clap but the rookie is still looking at me.

Things are about to get interesting.

"Get back to work and stop ogling at the rookie" Angelinas voice snaps me back to reality as she pulls at my arm with a tight grip.

I pull my arm off of her grip and glare at her.

"Two more blue moons" a guy shouts.

She leaves with a last glare at me and I roll my eyes as I hear Jefferson announce another fight.

The night passes by quickly and soon enough it's already up to the last fight.

I yawn as I watch it since most people have already left. It's 2 in morning and I'm already dreading about my bed.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and see Angelina with a soft look I'm her eyes. "You can leave now" she says and I see an emotion flash in her eyes before it disappears.

The next morning

Sunday is my favorite yet it's not? Does that even make sense?

I let out a yawn as I start to stretch. Looking at the clock in my bed stand it reads 9:00am

I get up and start to get ready to head to the gym again.

Ever since I started working out with mom and some of my dads men it's helped me get out of reality for a while.

I didn't even get much sleep after I came back home at 3 in the morning. I was just tossing and turning thinking about nothing yet everything.

I look at myself in the mirror to see my eyes swollen and my face pale.

I sigh at this and decide that maybe going to the gym won't be such a good idea right now. 

I throw on some blue jeans, an oversized hoodie on and my glasses.

So for the rest of the morning i stay in the living room watching a few movies with a bag of chips next to me.

Now that I think about it I never really liked Kiara and Drew. There was never that click between me and Drew nor there was a spark.

I never even told my secrets to Kiara it was mostly her telling me everything about her life and me just listening.

Why did I even get in a relationship with Drew? Ugh so many questions!

I hear someone knocking on my door and I almost fall to the ground because I never have visitors over.

I start to get up and open the door only for me to shut it back close but he stopped it by putting his foot in between.

"We need to talk" Drew says opening the door wider and I see him holding a vase of flowers in one hand.

I go outside and close the door behind me.

"You got .5 seconds" I say looking down at my bare wrist.

It's times like these that I wished I got that watch.

"But that's not-"

"Times up, byeeeee" I say about to head back in but he grabs me by my wrist.

"Just hear me out, Sierra" he says giving me the base of flowers as he let's go of me.

I take it admiring them and out of the corner of my eye I see him smirking.

Oh hell no

I throw the vase at the wall behind him missing him by a few inches.

I start to head back in again but he swiftly pins me to my door.

"DREW GET THE FUCK OFF ME" I yell trying to get out of his iron grip.

"Just fucking listen for once in your fucking life Sierra" he says banging my head on the door.

My wrist begin to hurt and as I was about to head bump him he is thrown away from me and replaced by the back of my neighbor keeping me away from Drew.

"She said to get away from her, you prick. Now back off before I you get on my temper" Hayden threatens.

I try to look over his shoulder but can't.

God damn his stupid height.

He's literally the Eiffel Tower.

"What are you going to do about it, pretty boy?" Drew says and I see him getting up on Hayden's face. "Leave this is a talk between me and her"

"Your really getting on my nerves" Hayden says and that's when I detect the anger I'm his voice.

"What are you going to-" Drew gets cut off my Hayden punching him square in the nose and I cringe once I hear the crack.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Drew yells holding onto his blood dripping nose. I bite my lips to not laugh out loud.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? keep her I don't give a fuck about her and never did! You hear that Sierra?! I only used you to get to your best friend. You really thought that I loved you? You are worthless and-" Drew says before getting cut off and that's when I don't have the sudden urge to laugh anymore.

"GET THE FUCK OUT" Hayden yells about to throw another punch but Drew runs off before he can leaving me there processing what he said.

Is that what I am to everyone? My real mother didn't want me so why did I think that someone would?

Me and Hayden were just there in an awkward silence.

What really warmed my heart was that he was still there with his back facing me as if he would protect me. For once I actually felt safe and I barely knew the guy.

He then turns back around and looks down at me with soft eyes. "Hey are you okay?"

I stay look down and see the glass shatters along with the flowers spilled on the ground.

"You didn't have to step in you know?" I say quietly. "But thank you"

I find the doorknob and quickly go inside embarrassed that he had to witness that.

Drew's words start to ring in my head and this time my eyes start to water.

I shake my head and go ahead to get the broom and the recogedor.

(Authors note: I had to google the English term for recogedor which mean Garbage collector which sound weird and therefor I'm using recogedor)

~~~~~~
Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter don't forget to comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 37.4K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
161K 8.6K 56
❝We are never going to be family.❞ • • • Three half-siblings, living in different situations, with enough hate to kill each other. By some joke of th...
13.8K 371 20
"You don't know what you're getting yourself into with me" he murmured, lips almost touching my ear. "I trust you" I breathed back, staring into thos...
14K 1K 38
"But I loved her first." Meet Hayden, the seventeen year old girl who's smart as hell, yet hopelessly in love with of course the hottest Latino arou...