The Protector

By ShadeandShadows

Thrust into an unknown world that had only lived in myth, Tracy Evans finds herself mated to a werewolf, Prot... More

Author's Note (Please read)
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (Mature Content)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Mature Content)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Mature Content)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Short Bonus)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Mature Content)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Mature Content)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Mature Content)
Chapter 37 (Mature Content)
Chapter 38 (Mature Content)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Not a Chapter
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Mature Content)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Just a note... please read.
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Before we continue... Help Wanted
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Author's Note (Ignore this)
Author's Note
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
THE END
Author's Note
Q & A
NEW BOOK!!!
EXCITING NEWS!!!

Chapter 14

5.2K 204 67
By ShadeandShadows

^Beethoven's Sonata No. 14 (Moonlight Sonata)^

CHAPTER 14

Tracy, Jack, Landon, and Reilly rode together to school. She liked the guys but she couldn't help but wishing Carla was with her. Despite knowing that Omegas strive to be unseen and unheard, Carla stood out. Whatever they say, Carla was not an Omega.

The other Omegas in the pack seem to be happy in their roles and were not neglected, abused, or unappreciated. But they didn't want more responsibility or training. Happiness, Tracy decided, is however an individual or groups of individuals defined it. If they were happy and took pride in being caretakers, house keepers, gardeners then by all means. The rest of the pack had a responsibility to protect them since they gave so much to keep everything in order.

Tracy sighed and noticed the pitying glances the boys threw her way. It had been liked that all morning. Everyone knew about the orgy Jonathan had at a mountain cabin and the well meaning tried to be extra nice and sympathetic. But all that pity was suffocating and the lack of sleep plus the pain of being cheated on was wearing thin on her patience. On the bright side, Jonathan being several miles away while whoring around made the pain less intense. If she focused on the pain then it became intense and it was like she could see and hear what was going on. As long as she didn't focus on the pain it wasn't so bad.

If it wasn't for Eli then she would hope he would fuck himself to death. Instead of focusing on Jonathan she focused on Eli, she could see him in her mind's eye in wolf form looking sad but then by some miracle he looked up and saw her. Jumping up he barked happily wagging his tail. Tracy smiled and waved. She had connected to Eli, the pain in her chest lessened significantly and she was able to sleep.

---------------

Ms. Hudson, the math teacher, droned on and on, Tracy rubbed her temples wishing that Carla was around. She knew that Carla wouldn't look at her with pity but with understanding. She had a feeling that the reason Carla used her pepper mix was so that her mate wouldn't find her. Given how her own mate was acting, it would have been better if they had never known about each other.

Some Protector, Tracy thought irritably, I can't even protect myself from a broken heart.

School dragged on and on, Tracy only saw glimpses of Carla and it was really starting to irritate that she was avoiding her. At lunch, she sat with the guys but then noticed Carla sitting in the far corner. Her hoodie was pulled over her head and if wasn't for the fact that Tracy was looking for her she might not have noticed her at all.

"What are you looking at?" Landon asked breaking her from her thoughts.

"Carla." Tracy replied.

"Best stay away from her." Reilly said lowly.

"Why? Isn't she your cousin?"

"Not one I'm claiming." he snorted.

"Besides she's an Omega." Jack said with obvious disdain.

"So? What's wrong with being an Omega?" Tracy asked.

"They're nobodies. Just a bunch of weak losers." Jack replied arrogantly.

"Exactly!" Landon added.

Tracy watched as Carla's head shot up and a brief look of pain crossed her features before she quickly pulled her head back down. No one besides Tracy caught the subtle movement.

Well that's interesting, Tracy thought.

Tired, Tracy decided that going back to the pack house and sleeping for 15 hours would be best. Plus if she was sleeping then she could avoid everyone else's pity and Jonathan.

One awkward car ride later, Tracy went upstairs and laid down. Around 8 pm, the pain in her chest started up again, waking her. Like last night, he was again at the cabin because the pain was more of a dull ache, just annoying enough to keep her awake. Tracy hoped that this wouldn't become a nightly habit. By Wednesday, Tracy had had enough.

She was here to train and so far she had been merely running track because Alpha John wanted to "ease" her into training. Well no more! The sooner she learned to control she powers the sooner she could move on... hopefully a million miles from here. She decided to hunt down Carla. She tried Carla's room, the upstairs library, and the kitchen. The only other place she could think of was the ball room.

Walking to front she didn't hear anything but decided to go in anyways. The piano started playing just before she opened the door. Listening to the beautiful tune Tracy was entranced. Carla looked up not surprised to see her but continued to play.

"What is that?" Tracy asked.

"Beethoven's Sonata No. 14."

"It's beautiful." Tracy said suddenly rubbing her chest as the familiar sharp pain takes hold. Her eyes closed trying to soothe the ache.

Carla sees the same heartbreak on Tracy's face as she's watched on her own. Seeing other girls around her mate and watching him caress and kiss them was torture at its finest. But despite the pain, Carla felt it was better for him to be unaware of her existence than to see the disgust and rejection in his eyes when he found out she was his mate.

"Focus on the music." Carla said soothingly, "Let your mind rise and fall with it. Block out anything else and relax."

Tracy slowly put her head down and breathed in and out. Focusing her mind solely on the sway and flow of the hauntingly beautiful melody. The sharpness of the pain eases and the bitter lump in her throat begins to dissolve.

"Always separate yourself from your pain, otherwise it will drag you down and you won't be able to think." Carla said calmly recalling the same phrase Julius used many times before.

"It's much better now, thanks." Tracy said, "I still want you to train me."

"You're being trained by the Beta."

"I am running around a track." Tracy replied sarcastically, "That's not training."

"It's good cardio."

"Please?"

"Fine." Carla stood suddenly and closed the lid on the keys, "let's go."

The next day...

A black Jaguar pulled up to the front of the pack house. Alpha John stood in front of the building. The driver got out and opened the back door. A tall gentleman with dark brown hair and bushy beard stood. He was dressed in a grey suit. His cobalt eyes met Alpha John's before turning back to help a woman wear a deep purple skirt suit and white blouse from the vehicle.

^Council Solomon Grey^

"Welcome Council Grey." Alpha John greeted shaking the man's hand.

"My mate, Maria." Council Grey said sweeping his hand briefly in her direction.

"Nice to meet you Alpha John." Maria said with a vibrant Latino accent.

"Likewise, please follow me." Alpha John lead them to the study. As they were seated an Omega brought in some light snacks and tea.

"I realize you've had a long journey would you care to rest and refresh yourselves?" Alpha John asked as Camilla stepped into the room.

"No thank you. We would like to discuss things first." Council Grey said before greeting the hostess, "It's good to see you again Luna Camilla. This is my mate, Maria."

^Maria Grey^

"Thank you Council Grey. Very nice to meet you Mrs. Grey." Camilla said shaking both of their hands before serving.

"Please call me Maria." she said with a bright smile.

"Now," Council Grey said taking a sip of tea, "The Council would like to know what to expect. Has your son found a mate or will there be a challenge?"

"No challenge. My son has found his mate." Alpha John said firmly. He had been irritated at Jonathan's behavior but so far Jonathan has been avoiding him. With the increase of Rogue sightings, preparations for the Council's visit, which added to the boatloads of paperwork he already had so he could present a report of the pack, he hadn't been able to find the time to demand Jonathan cease his asinine behavior and spend time making up with his mate.

"Has the mating ceremony taken place?"

"Er, no." Alpha John said uncomfortably looking over at a worried Camilla as she tried to send him an encouraging smile.

"Good then I will officiate the Alpha Initiation while we are here and also witness the mating ceremony."

"Well um, that's..."

"Oh I would love to see the happy couple." Maria said clapping her hands, "Alpha and Luna marks are so beautiful. What does it look like?" she asked Camilla.

Camilla sighed heavily, "We don't know."

"What do you know mean?" Council Grey asked with a raised brow.

"They- He hasn't marked her." Camilla admitted.

"What?! That's highly unusual." Council Grey exclaimed perplexed. "Males, especially Alphas, are possessive and will mark their mates upon first meeting them. And Luna wolves-"

"She isn't a wolf."

"Hmm... would that be the problem then?" Council Grey asked knowing that some males reject their mates if they are not werewolves.

Alpha John and Camilla stared at each other and sighed in sync. Alpha John cleared his throat, "Well, we don't really know what the problem has been."

Council Grey looked at his mate. Maria shook her head in confusion.

"Well," he said, "could you call them both in here so that we can talk to them?"

"Certainly," Alpha John said before his eyes glazed over mind linking Jonathan to come to his office and Jack to find out where Tracy was.

"And Alpha Mason," Council Grey said.

"Yes?"

"Midway Pack has made it clear that they fully intend on challenging."

Midway Pack's Alpha, Colin Winters, had a long standing grudge with John over a plot of land that the werewolf council decided to officially award to the Cub Creek Pack. Alpha Winters also had seven very healthy sons that were known for their prowess on the battlefield.

"God help us." John muttered, "That boy had better get his shit together and pray that his mate will be forgiving."

=============================

By now I'm sure Jonathan's behavior is irritating a lot of you. I understand but PEOPLE make stupid decisions. I refuse to write a "perfect" story where everyone behaves in a typical expected fairytale fashion. Real life doesn't happen in an "everything is awesome" sort of way. Sometimes mistakes are made. I promise that things work themselves out but it takes a bit. Be patient.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 137K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
87.8K 1.6K 7
"Do you know who I am?" He asked while giving her a death glare. The moment his eyes fell on her his heart skipped a beat, but he shrugged those thou...
120 82 40
"Who... Who are you?" Joe asked in fear as the person switched on the lamp himself "Des?!" Joe shouted in fear as he quickly covered her mouth and wr...
289K 9.1K 29
BWBM ♤♤♤♤♤ Darius picks me up from my seat and pushes me against the wall. "It's hard to concentrate with that enticing smell coming off of you in w...