The Billion Dollar Contract

By Jay_Lay_Cul

"I'll give you 25 million dollars if you act as my fiancee for six months" "What?!" #1 in wealth 31/08/2023 #... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE
ANNOUNCEMENT
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 10

38.6K 1.3K 147
By Jay_Lay_Cul

Nicole followed Gabriel into the dining room, after settling themselves comfortably on the dining chair, Gabriel noticed that Nicole was wearing a sad face. The maids began serving their meals and Nicole kept asking them to serve her a piece of each of the different meals on the table.

Is she seriously going to eat all of it?

"That would be enough."

Gabriel said, stopping the maid from adding any other thing to Nicole's plate. Nicole pouted her lips in annoyance.

"I don't want you gaining weight. I'd prefer you remain this way." He told Nicole, his statement brought a smile to her face.

"If that's a compliment then, thank you," she began,

"But just so you'll know, no matter how much I eat, I don't get fatter than this," she explained, the smile still plastered on her face.

Nicole couldn't believe that Gabriel just told her he liked the way she was, so he took notice of her. Gabriel knew that wasn't the answer he was expecting but he was glad she no longer had that sad look on her face.

After dinner, Gabriel went into his study to get some work done while Nicole went into the theater/movie room to watch a movie, when the movie was over she felt tired and concluded that she needed to rest so she decided to say goodnight to Gabriel. She knocked on the door of his study before walking in.

"I don't mean to bother you but I just wanted to say goodnight," she said making Gabriel look in her direction.

"Goodnight then"

He replied turning his attention back to the papers in front of him. Nicole was about to leave but suddenly stopped and turned back towards Gabriel,

"About your compliment earlier. Thank you" she began, causing his attention to return to her.

"I was never really convinced that I had a great body, but hearing it from you, I guess I'm convinced now," she said with a smile.

Nicole was trying to push Gabriel's buttons, she wanted him to say something, anything at least. Gabriel stood up from his chair and walked towards Nicole,

"I didn't know you took the time to look at my body," she pressed with a smirk on her face.

"I meant what I said earlier,"

He was now standing a few inches away from her.

"About my body. I know I know, thanks." she jokingly replied.

Gabriel now has a serious look on his face.

Didn't she understand that he meant it when he said he didn't want her adding any more pounds?

"I'm not joking," he said not taking off his serious face.

"Okay okay, I won't add more pounds. I promise I'll eat healthy."

Nicole wanted him to talk more because he was pretty quiet. He was a guy of very few words but that wasn't her only reason, and to be honest, she just wanted to hear his mesmerizing voice, it had some sort of spell to it. She began walking towards the door but turned back again and kissed Gabriel on his cheek.

"Goodnight." She whispered before finally walking out of the study.

He would open up to her eventually, all he needed was a little push, Nicole thought to herself.

Gabriel couldn't help but smile at Nicole's little action, she looked pretty stubborn and cheerful at the same time, staying angry only for a moment.

He doesn't want her to feel bored tomorrow when he'd be at the office since she was new here but what could he do to prevent that?

He began thinking of different ways to keep her occupied, he could tell she was someone who liked shopping. She has a high taste in fashion from the few things he had seen her wear so he guessed she wouldn't mind using her time to do some shopping. Now the problem was how she would react to it.

He has no idea how she would feel if he offered her his credit card. He doesn't want her feeling offended by it but at the same time, he felt he needed to do this for her. She was doing him a great favor by accepting to do his insane request even though he was only a stranger so it was only fair to return the favor.

Gabriel thought of different ways to go about it then he got an idea. He now knew how to make Nicole go shopping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicole woke up the next morning stretching like a little child, she hadn't slept this well in years, she always had her work to worry about or the bills or some chores she had to do but today was different. She went into the bathroom to brush her teeth before having breakfast. After brushing, she went downstairs to the dining room to have breakfast. When she asked about Gabriel, she was told that he had already left for work. She was then served some fruit salad for breakfast. There is no way Gabriel is making her have this for breakfast.

Was he seriously placing her on a diet?

"Umm. Come over here please," she said to the maid who had served her breakfast.

"Could you make me some bacon, fried eggs, and toast?"

"Yes ma'am" The maid replied taking away the bowl of fruit salad from the table and going into the kitchen.

Nicole knew she was going against Gabriel's instructions but she wasn't doing anything wrong by satisfying her taste buds, besides he doesn't have to find out.

Nicole was done with breakfast and needed to take a shower badly so she went straight to the bathroom to get herself clean. Coming out of the bathroom she went into her closet and was shocked to find it empty. She screamed causing a young maid to hurriedly run into her room. She searched and searched but found only a pair of underwear, a black double-breasted trench coat, and a black thigh-high boot.

"What is the meaning of this?" She kept searching hoping to find something else.

"Where are my clothes?" She asked, worried about how they had suddenly disappeared.

"Ma'am. Master asked us to take out all of your things."

"Why?!" She yelled.

"I don't know, ma'am."

"Where are they now?"

Nicole noticed that the maid was trembling with fear after her question.

"I'm waiting..."

"Umm, ma'am, h-he asked us to throw them away." The maid quietly replied.

Nicole couldn't make out any words after that reply.

How could she not have noticed anyone coming into her room? Was she a heavy sleeper?

She angrily searched for her phone on the bed and immediately dialed Gabriel's number, after three rings he picked up his phone.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS? WHY DID YOU ASK YOUR MAIDS TO THROW MY THINGS AWAY?!" She angrily yelled over the phone not caring that a maid was still in her room.

"Is that why you called?" Gabriel asked drily.

"Really?! Is that all you have to say? What do you expect me to do with no clothes?"

"I specifically asked them to keep something you could wear for the day,"

"You're not being serious, are you? Is this a joke to you?" She asked already frustrated with his non-chalantness towards the issue.

"There is a credit card on my study desk. Use it for shopping." He replied making Nicole calm a little.

"Do you mean it?"

Nicole couldn't believe her ears.

Did Gabriel just say he wanted her to go shopping for some new clothes? Not like she was offended or something, the truth was she was internally squealing with excitement.

"Yeah. I want you to go out shopping and don't worry about the amount, the card is unlimited."

Nicole became speechless, his statement had taken her by surprise.

Was he trusting her with his credit card?

"Really?" She asked again in a soft voice.

"It's up to you if you can deal with having just a dress then you can forget about it."

"No no! I'll go shopping." She quickly said not wanting him to change his mind

"Okay then, I need to get back to work. If you'll let me"

"Sure, thanks."

"You don't need to thank me," He replied.

Nicole was smiling brightly into the phone. She turned around and noticed that the maid was still in her room.

"Um, bye. I love you." She then said turning her back away from the maid to hide her sudden nervousness. This maid just heard her entire conversation.

How could she be so careless and stupid?

She immediately hung up not waiting for a reply because she didn't need one. She only said those three words because of the maid standing in her room, she didn't want her to get suspicious.

Nicole took a deep breath to compose herself and turned around to face the maid,

"How about we go shopping." She said with a huge smile.

Hey guys I'm back, how did you like the chapter?
Please tell me what you think
And don't forget to vote
Thanks 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 287 12
In which a billionaire mogul meets his match. All rights reserved. For mature audiences only. Completed 04/02/2021
198K 5K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
99.1K 2.8K 17
What do you do when your billionaire boss asks you to be his fake fiancé? You accept...with conditions of course.
6.6M 237K 61
#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. "But, we don't love each other." protes...