Our Last Summer

By sansrivalcrown

Donna in Mamma Mia had three summer romances that changed her life forever because she had Sophie. In real l... More

Introduction
OLS - I
OLS - II
OLS - III
OLS - IV
OLS - V
OLS - VI
OLS - VII
OLS - VIII
OLS - IX
OLS - X
OLS - XI
OLS - XII
OLS - XIII
OLS - XIV
OLS - XV
OLS - XVI
OLS - XVII
OLS - XVIII
OLS - XIX
OLS - XX
OLS - XXI
OLS - XXIII
OLS - XXIV
OLS - XXV
OLS - XXVI
OLS - XXVII
OLS - XXVIII
OLS - XXIX
OLS - XXX
OLS - XXXI
OLS - XXXII
OLS - XXXIII

OLS - XXII

1K 34 26
By sansrivalcrown

Meryl is back in New York with Paris and Nicky for they will resume packing for Paris' moving to college. Pierce is not yet with them since he's still in Stockholm for the premiere of Mamma Mia there.

"Paris, do you need the sweaters?"Nicky who is helping her brother asked.

"Not all of them, just a couple."Paris answered.

"How about these leather shoes?"Nicky asked.

"I'll bring just one."Paris answered.

"Mom, when's our outing in Conneticut by the way?"Paris asked Meryl who is folding his clothes.

"Next week, when daddy's home already."Meryl answered and Paris sat beside her.

"You'll drop me to college right?"Paris asked softly and Meryl looked at him.

"Of course, I'll drop you to college. You are making me emotional!"Meryl exclaimed and Paris hugged his mother.

"Love you, mommy."Paris said softly and Meryl hugged him back.

"Mommy loves you, too, baby."Meryl whispered but loud enough for Paris to hear.

The next days, they spent it packing and sending his boxes to LA where he'll study college. Meryl is still emotional at the thought of Paris leaving and added the fact that she is pregnant makes her more emotional.

--
Pierce is finally home after weeks of travelling for Mamma Mia and he is glad that he have lesser projects the rest of the year for he will focus more on his pregnant girlfriend and on his paintings. He headed to their room and of course, he found Meryl sleeping. He kissed her forehead and he proceeded to their walk-in closet to change his clothes and to unpack.

After he unpacked, he cleaned up their room for there are empty bowls and empty pizza boxes scattered on the night stand and on the floor that he is sure is Meryl's but he understands that because he knows that she is pregnant. Meryl groaned after a few moments and she found Pierce picking up the pizza boxes.

"Hi."She greeted and Pierce looked at her.

"Hey babe, I'm just gonna throw these and I'll be back."Pierce said and Meryl just nodded. She closed her eyes and she just waited for Pierce. He came back immediately and he lied beside Meryl.

"How are you and how's our little angel inside you?"Pierce asked immediately and Meryl looked at him.

"We are doing just fine."Meryl answered and he gave a peck on her lips.

"Babe, I was thinking, what if just continue your pregnancy in Malibu?Our privacy there is better compared to here and I think that we can move freely there even with the pregnancy."Pierce suggested and Meryl tapped his cheek.

"I'll think about it babe. Our camping in Conneticut will be tomorrow so that is what I am thinking about right now."Meryl replied and Pierce nodded.

>>
It is the day of their camping and they are going to Conneticut, the place where the Gummers grew up. They are not really camping like in tents but they are going to be unplugged for three days because the house is already old but still is surrounded by tree and grass where they'll have their bonfire and it is beside the lake where they can go fishing.

"Okay guys, every meal or every activity, you guys are going to leave your phones in a box to keep you out of distractions."Meryl announced as they all enter the two-storey house that only have three rooms.

"Mom, dad, the rooms are only three."Paris uttered.

"Okay, dad and I will be at the master's bedroom of course, the largest. The boys will have the smallest room and the girls' room will be next to us."Meryl said and the boys of course sighed in dismay.

"Settle your things upstairs now for you guys to rest, that was a long drive."Pierce said and they all went to the second floor.

"Thin walls."The couple heard the kids utter as they settle their things in the master's bedroom.

"Looks like someone's not gonna have any in the next three days."Meryl teased and Pierce looked at her, annoyed.

"What do you want?The rooms are not sound proof, this is an old house."Meryl said when she saw what Pierce is doing which is the annoyed face.

"How about the pregnancy babe, when are we going to tell them?"Pierce asked softly and Meryl sat at the edge of the bed.

"At our last night, around the bon fire."Meryl answered and Pierce kneeled in front of her.

"Here's our tenth."Pierce whispered and the two of them chortled. He placed his hand on her abdomen and he kissed it.

"Hi baby, daddy's here. Hang in there okay?We'll see you in eight months."Pierce said softly and it made Meryl chortle.

"He or she will hang in there if daddy will take good care of mommy."Meryl uttered and Pierce looked at Meryl.

"Of course, I will take good care of mommy. Don't worry babe, I only have one project the rest of the year and all I'll do are my paintings."Pierce said and Meryl smiled.

"Mom, who's cooking tonight?"A voice asked from outside of the room and they are sure that--that's Grace.

"I thought Sanja's cooking?"Meryl asked.

"Oh okay, I'll tell her."Grace answered and they heard footsteps fading.

"We'll be hearing each other around the house for three days."Meryl uttered and Pierce buried his face on Meryl's chest.

"Ohh, no sex."Pierce whispered and Meryl started massaging his head.

"Cold showers."Meryl whispered on his ear and Pierce groaned.

"I can hear everyone running around the house."Meryl softly uttered.

"I can hear your heartbeat."Pierce said and Meryl chuckled.

"C'mon, let's help with the cooking."Meryl said and the two of them stood up.

They are all gathered in the kitchen but Meryl instructed the boys to stay outside of the work area because they know that they will just play around the kitchen.

"Mom, where are the beers?"Henry asked from the living room.

"You get the cooler first, the beers are in here."Meryl answered.

"Pops already did that."Henry said.

"Then just get it here. I am not your slave. I am not going to do everything for you guys."Meryl sudenly uttered and it made Henry's forehead crease.

"Mom, just chill. I am not saying anything."Henry retorted and Meryl heaved a deep sigh.

"I am chill."Meryl uttered and Henry just chortled.

"Mom, you okay?What's with the sudden outburst?"Mamie asked and Meryl just kept mum that made their curiosity arise.

"Girls' meeting after dinner."Grace whispered to Mamie, Louisa, and Sanja and they just agreed.

"Lou, can you cut some asparagus for me."Meryl suddenly uttered as she grab a pint of rocky road flavored ice cream.

"Do we have some brussel sprouts?I'm craving for it."Meryl said after a few moments and she grabbed the sliced asparagus from Louisa.

"I can ask Sean to buy some."Sanja replied and Meryl sighed.

"Pierce!"Meryl roared and Pierce immediately ran to her.

"Babe, what is it?"Pierce asked and he saw Meryl dip the asparagus in the ice cream and ate it.

"Can you buy some brussel sprouts at the local store?"Meryl asked and Pierce just nodded.

"Okay, babe."Pierce replied and he left.

"What's with the weird cravings?"Louisa asked and Meryl who just saw Marley, carried Marley to the counter top.

"Why do you care?I just want it."Meryl answered with a hint of annoyance.

"Guama, ice cweam."Marley whispered and Meryl started feeding her.

"Hmmm, yummy?"Meryl asked with a wide smile and Marley just nodded.

"Mom, can I have some?"Nicky who just came from where her brothers are, suddenly asked and Meryl fed her.

"You want that or other flavor?"Meryl asked Nicky and Nicky drank water before answering.

"I want strawberry."Nicky answered.

"After dinner, okay?"Meryl replied and Nicky just nodded.

Pierce arrived after almost an hour and Meryl is frowning at him.

"What do you want about the brussel sprouts mom?"Sanja who is the cook for the night asked.

"I want roasted brussel sprouts."Meryl answered and Sanja just nodded.

"Boys, set up the table now!"Meryl yelled but after a few moments, no signs of the Brosnan boys are seen at the dining area. Meryl carried Marley and she headed to the place where the boys are and she looks fuming.

"Are you guys deaf or you guys just pretend that you don't hear me?"Meryl asked and the boys who each have a bottle of beer in their hands looked at her.

"Mom, I swear, we haven't heard what you said."Dylan said.

"I screamed my lungs out and you didn't hear me?"Meryl asked, irritated.

"Just...just please set up the table now?Dinner is almost ready."Meryl said, trying to be calm and she headed back to the kitchen.

Their pre-dinner is all about obeying Meryl and when dinner time came, they all start having fun with Meryl eating almost everything. Of course, Meryl's girls noticed her sudden change of attitude and eating habit. After their dinner, the planned girls' meeting is held outside the house around the bon fire. They are seating on their bean bags with drinks beside them.

"Something is weird about mom."Mamie who is breastfeeding her son uttered.

"Mom doesn't usually request for that much of food and her appetite is not always like that."Sanja said and Mamie nodded.

"And her mood swings."Sanja added.

"You think mom and pops are going through some you know, things?"Louisa asked and Dylan suddenly arrived with Paris.

"What's up?"Dylan asked and he sat beside Louisa. Paris sat beside Grace, and Louisa sighed before talking.

"I just think that mom and pops are going through something that they don't wanna tell us."Louisa uttered as she lean on Dylan.

"They were fine before we left the house in New York and I can see them doing sweet things to each other."Paris uttered.

"But do you think that something happened that's why mom suddenly became like annoyed with everyone."Grace said and Paris shrugged his shoulders.

"Something popped in my head but you guys might think that I am crazy."Sanja uttered and the five looked at her.

"What is it?We might be in the same page."Mamie said and Sanja sighed.

"Maybe mom's pregnant. I mean, the fact that they have a very active sex life."Sanja said and they all gasped.

"That's why she have that weird cravings!"Louisa exclaimed.

"Seriously, who would dip asparagus in ice cream?"Louisa asked in disbelief.

"Let's just observe mom in the next days. I know they'll say what's wrong eventually."Grace said and all of them agreed.

The next day, they had the usual breakfast and the boys planned on going fishing and they will be having a barbecue party for lunch.

"Is someone marinating the meat already?"Meryl asked her girls who are outside.

"Mom, I thought you are going to do it?"Mamie asked in curiosity.

"The smell of soy sauce is making me throw-up so I wanna ask if someone from you guys can do it."Meryl said and that raised the girls' suspicions.

"I'll just do it!"Sanja exclaimed and she stood up.

"Thank you, darling."Meryl uttered and she carried Marley who is tugging her shirt.

"No problem, mom."Sanja uttered and she headed straight to the kitchen.

"Lou, are you doing the vegetable kebab already?"Meryl asked.

"Yes mom!"Louisa yelled and Meryl sat on a bench.

"Mom, can I ask something?"Grace asked all of a sudden.

"Of course, what is it?"Meryl asked and Marley leaned on her grandmother's chest.

"Are you and pops okay?I mean, are you guys fighting?"Grace courageously asked and that made Meryl's forehead crease.

"No, we are not. Dad and I are perfectly fine, why did you even ask that?"Meryl asked in curiosity.

"It's because you are like irritated with all of us last night so we were thinking that maybe you and pops are fighting and you don't wanna tell us."Grace explained and it made Meryl chortle.

"I'm just feeling a bit under the weather last night and I'm sorry with all my yelling."Meryl said.

"At one point we thought you are pregnant."Mamie suddenly uttered and Meryl's eyes went round.

"What?Are you crazy?I am too old to get pregnant."Meryl said in a defensive manner and the two just nodded.

"Gracie, can you get mommy a pint of ice cream and some chopped carrots?"Meryl asked and Grace just obeyed her mother.

"Mamie remember when you and Grace have that small, inflatable pool?"Meryl suddenly asked and Mamie looked at her mother.

"Yeah, and we'll push each other because we don't fit in the pool and Grace would always end up standing up and I'll be on my stomach occupying the pool."Mamie answered and they both laughed.

"But you two will end up standing when Henry's with you."Meryl said and Mamie nodded while chuckling.

"But then when Louisa came, she'll always have the pool all by herself."Mamie said and Meryl covered her face whilst laughing.

"Mom, here's your double dutch ice cream and chopped carrots."Grace who just came from the kitchen suddenly uttered as she place her mom's needs on the small table in front of her.

"Thanks honey, love you."Meryl said and Grace kissed her cheek.

"Oh look, the boys are done fishing."Mamie said and they all looked at the boys who are walking on the way back to their house.

Meryl started eating and Grace and Mamie are kind of suspicious by their mom's food but they just chose to ignore it.

"Mommy!"Nicky roared while running and Meryl looked at her.

"Hello baby!"Meryl greeted and she saw the fish that Nicky is holding.

"Look mommy, I caught a fish!"Nicky exclaimed with a wide smile and Meryl gasped.

"Oh wow, that is a big one."Meryl said and she saw Pierce walking towards her.

"Daddy helped me mommy but they got bigger fishes than mine."Nicky said and Meryl chuckled.

"It's because the fishes thought that if you got the bigger ones, you won't be able to carry them."Meryl explained and Nicky nodded.

"Hi babe."Pierce greeted and he gave a peck on her lips.

"Fishing went good?"Meryl asked and Pierce sat beside Meryl.

"Yes and Sean volunteered to cook them."Pierce answered and Meryl gave Pierce a towel.

"Change your shirt babe or take a shower first."Meryl said and Pierce nodded.

After the boys rested and after they took a shower, they already started their barbecue party.

"Mommy, I want the vegetable."Nicky said whilst holding her plate.

"Ask daddy, he's over the grill with the vegetables."Meryl replied and Nicky just nodded.

"Henry, what's with the beer in the middle of the day?"Meryl suddenly asked seeing Henry holding a can of Heineken.

"Mom, just a can."Henry answered and Meryl rolled her eyeballs.

"Can I have a can of beer please?"Meryl heard Pierce yell all of a sudden.

"No, no one is giving daddy a beer."Meryl said and she went near him.

"Babe, just one please?"Pierce asked.

"It's lunch time babe."Meryl answered and Pierce planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"Just one?"Pierce whispered and he put an arm around her shoulders as she hug him sideways.

"No beer but you are having me later."Meryl whispered on his ear and it made his eyes go round.

"Alright, no beer."Pierce said with a grin on his face and Meryl kissed him.

"Are you finished eating?"Pierce asked and Meryl nodded.

"Kids, what are you going to do after lunch?"Meryl asked.

"We are going to play beside the lake."Henry answered and Meryl smiled.

"The toys are in the storage room but I think the things there are already dusty."Meryl said.

"We'll handle it mom."Mamie said and Meryl smiled widely.

"Wanna join the game later, dad?"Sean asked and Pierce shook his head.

"I'll take a nap."Pierce answered.

"Me too, I'll take a nap and then I'll prepare our food for the bonfire tonight."Meryl added and their adults looked at them.

"Nap?"Sean asked for he knows what his parents have in mind.

"Yes, we are going to nap!"Meryl exclaimed.

"We'll just remind you that the house have thin walls."Grace said and Meryl rolled her eyeballs.

"And everything you do is heard around the house."Louisa added and all of them laughed except for Meryl and Pierce of course.

"By the way babe, I've been thinking about it."Meryl said softly and Pierce looked at her.

"Thinking about what?"Pierce asked.

"About moving to Malibu for the rest of the pregnancy and the possibility of moving there for good."Meryl answered and Pierce smiled.

"But New York have always been you and Nicky's home."Pierce said and Meryl shook her head.

"YOU are my home. You and the kids are my home."Meryl whispered and Pierce kissed her.

"I love you."Pierce uttered.

"I love you, too."Meryl replied.

"So after we drop Paris to college, we are going to start moving?"Pierce asked and Meryl nodded.

"Yeah, but we won't sell the house in NY in case we are going to have a gathering in New York, we will still use that house."Meryl answered and Pierce just nodded.

After their barbecue party, their children proceeded to their planned activities while the couple do their own activities.

"You guys need snacks and refreshments?"Mamie who is carrying his son asked.

"Yes, please!"Henry yelled and Mamie just nodded before heading to the kitchen.

Meryl just woke up from her nap after Pierce and her did "something" and she headed to the kitchen immediately.

"Hey, what you doing?"Meryl asked the moment she saw Mamie.

"Snacks and drinks for everyone."Mamie answered and Meryl started helping her.

"Where's pops?"Mamie asked.

"Still sleeping."Meryl answered and Mamie just nodded.

"What do you guys want for the bonfire later by the way?"Meryl asked and Mamie started stating her and her siblings' wants.

>>
They are now gathered around the huge bon fire that the boys set up and they are all comfortably sitting on their bean bags. They have marshmallows on their sticks for their s'mores and the kids and Pierce are happy because Meryl allowed them to drink. The boys are drinking beer and the girls are having red wine, except for Nicky of course who have a tall glass of chocolate shake beside her.

"Can I ask the Gummers something?"Paris suddenly asked and all of them looked at him.

"What's that?"Mamie asked in curiosity.

"What did you guys think about us when you first met us?"Paris asked and the Gummers looked at each other before looking back at Paris.

"I was the first one you guys talked to and I have seen you guys before and at first, I really thought that you two are not picky in terms of people you interact with and you guys are great to be around with."Grace answered.

"Same for me. From the very first time, I seriously think that we are gonna get along well."Louisa added.

"I think all of us felt the same that you boys aren't really picky in the people you get along with."Henry said and Mamie agreed with him.

"How about you guys, what did you think of us?"Louisa asked.

"In my case, at first, I was really scared of Mamie and Henry. You guys look so intimidating and Grace and Lou look like they're the opposite of you guys because they are always talking, you know."Sean answered and all them laughed.

"I wasn't intimidated of Henry though, just Mamie. I mean, Mamie always have that serious look on her face that will make you step back."Dylan added and Mamie rolled her eyeballs.

"For me, because the first people that I met are Grace and Lou, they already talked to me about how to get along with Henry and Mamie but I was really frightened because since Henry and Mamie are like older than Grace and Lou, you guys will like think that I'm crazy or attention-seeker like that."Paris said and it made Henry and Mamie giggle.

"What about when you guys first met mom?"Mamie asked and Meryl who is eating, looked at them.

"Of course, we were intimidated. That's Meryl Streep we are talking about. We were shaking at our first meeting."Paris answered and all of them laughed.

"How about when you first met the Pierce Brosnan?"Sean asked and Pierce looked at him.

"When we met pops ten years ago, he treated us in an expensive Japanese restaurant and he didn't stopped on being a father that's why I loved it when mom told us that he is her boyfriend because pops is a great father. I mean, he is proud of you guys, he is proud of what you've become at that time."Grace answered and that made Pierce smile.

"I am proud of all of you."Pierce said.

"Speaking of dad, why don't we ask the lovebirds?"Sean suggested.

"Oh yeah, their first impression of each other!"Henry exclaimed and their kids laughed.

"Are you guys really going to do that?"Meryl asked, starting to get annoyed for she is fine with just her kids talking to one another.

"Pops, what did you think of mom when you first saw her and when you first met her?"Henry asked and Pierce looked at Meryl before looked back at their kids.

"When I first saw her, I found her gorgeous. I was mesmerized by her beauty and I still am. And then her wide smile that will make your knees go weak and the feeling of getting lost in a good way when you stare at her sparkling eyes. I had an instant crush on her when I first saw her."Pierce said softly and it made Meryl smile.

"How about when you finally met her?"Dylan asked and it made Pierce unconciously smile as he reminisce everything.

"That's when I started falling for her. She is not hard to get along with and she is not hard to fall in love with."Pierce answered and Meryl's cheeks are turning into crimson red.

"How did you know that you already fell for mom?At what time did you realize that you are already in love with her?"Mamie asked.

"At first, mom and I were like best friends, we talk about almost everything. We do late night talks and late night walks at the beach. At our second night or third night, I can't exactly remember, I felt that feeling that at the end of the day, I am like craving for her laugh, her smile, her warm embrace, her voice, just everything about her. At first, I was denying it, I am telling myself that maybe I just really like her but then it isn't just that, I knew I have fallen deeply in love with her."Pierce explained and the Brosnan kids'(including the Gummers) heart are melting hearing those words from their father. They knew it is pure and true love.

"That's so sweet. I want something like mom and pops."Louisa uttered and the couple softly giggled.

"Should we tell them?"Pierce whispered in Meryl's ear and she nodded.

"When's the wedding by the way?"Grace asked.

"We are planning to go to Greece after mom's 12-week scan and we've been talking to a wedding coordinator that can make the wedding possible before the end of mom's second trimester."Pierce answered and it made the Brosnan kids' forehead crease.

"Wait, what?"Henry asked, confused.

"Mom's pregnant, you idiot."Mamie answered and everybody's eyes went round.

"Mommy, you are pregnant?"Nicky asked in disbelief and Nicky went to her parents.

"Yes bunny, you are going to be a big sister."Meryl answered and Nicky immediately jumped on her mother's lap.

"Oh, my goodness mom. We were dealing with your mood swings and all this time, you really are pregnant!"Grace exclaimed.

"Good job Brosnan, you got that shot right."Sean said, teasing their father and it made Meryl and Pierce laugh.

"How far are you in your pregnancy mom?"Mamie asked.

"Nine weeks and still holding on."Meryl answered with a soft giggle.

"And aside from the pregnancy, mom and I agreed to move to Malibu through out the pregnancy."Pierce said and Sean and Henry became ecstatic.

"Yes!"They both yelled in chorus and it made the couple laugh.

"Yehey, we'll be near Paris!"Nicky exclaimed.

"And I'll have a new surfing buddy."Dylan uttered.

"Oh, my God, I'm so jealous."Grace said and it made Dylan chortle.

"I can stay in Malibu!"Louisa uttered and Dylan looked at her.

"I'll have two surfing buddies."Dylan said and Louisa nodded.

"Alright, make me jealous more."Grace said and Dylan and Louisa laughed.

"Let's make a bet."Paris suddenly uttered.

"Oh, I know where this is going."Meryl whispered to Pierce.

"Who thinks that the baby inside mom is a girl?"Paris asked and Grace, Louisa, Henry, Sanja, and Dylan raised their hands.

"Boy?"Paris asked and Paris, Sean, Mamie, and Nicky raised their hands.

"If we win, you guys will treat the whole family to Croatia including food and hotel."Paris said and it took a while before they answered.

"Alright deal but if we win, you guys will treat the whole family to Ireland, including food and also hotel."Henry said.

"It's a closed deal."Sean said and they both shook hands.

"I think it is not a good idea."Meryl uttered and their kids looked at her.

"Mom, it's just for fun and it's for our family vacation, too."Mamie retorted and Meryl sighed.

"Fine, but I want the vacation to happen when the baby is here already."Meryl said sternly.

"Deal!"Their kids said in chorus and all of them laughed.

After discussing about the baby baking inside Meryl, they shifted their topic to their parents' wedding and the couple is happy that the kids wanted to be involved at the preparations. Pierce and Meryl may want to rush their wedding but they are more than happy to open a new chapter of their lives and that's by being mr. and mrs. Brosnan and welcoming the new addition to their family as a married couple.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 205 43
a conrad fisher story „My heart is completely devoted to you, Millie. You're everything I want, everything I need." ...
1.9K 106 4
"To be quite honest Janey, it's always been you, no other woman has matched up, not even Lorraine," Before she became Jane Adler, she was Jane Roth...
141K 2.9K 38
It started in Paris, with a movie star, a girl, rum and a pack of cards. Life tries to pull them apart and yet the keep returning back to each other...
6.2K 189 6
Twenty one years after Donna Sheridan and Sam Carmichale face each other again... in a very intimate way. Can Donna trust him again?(Story from fanfi...