Just Kids ✔

By moonsfeel

When you are in high school the Indian society don't expect you to date and definitely not lose your virginit... More

Cast
1 | Embarrassing yourself in front of your Crush
2 | Feeling insecure in front of your Crush
4 | Trying to get over your Crush
5 | Blushing in front of your Crush
6 | Eating with your Crush
7 | Confused in front of your Crush
8 | Dreaming about your Crush
9 | Hanging out with your Crush
10 | Smiling at your Crush
11 | Fighting with your Crush
12 | Crying over your Crush
13 | Arguing with your Crush
14 | Hugging Your Crush
15 | Getting Kissed by your Crush
16 | Saved by Your Crush
17 | Kissing Your Crush
epilogue
thank you
Crumbled Sandcastles
bonus chapter | first kiss

3 | Trying to ignore your Crush

6.7K 517 166
By moonsfeel

"I can't!" Khushi screamed in frustration. "It's so hard. No one can do it!"

"I don't care!" Ishika shouted, "Armaan made me the incharge for the dance!"

That made Adra sad. Why hadn't Armaan made her the incharge of anything? Did he think she wasn't capable enough?

Since yesterday, to save herself from embarrassment Adra tried her best to not be near Armaan. She didn't wave at him from the bus window or greet him. She didn't even look at him. (At least tried not too).

Now this just gave her one more reason to keep ignoring Armaan. Maybe if she ignored him she would get over her silly crush?

"I'm playing the video guys! You be the judge of it." Ishika played the music video on the projector. They were in the AV room. It was games period and they were all skipping it for the dance practice. Teacher's day was in 4 days.

Ishika played 'Fake Love' by BTS. They were that popular K-pop band all girls were head over heals for. Adra had heard about them of course (Khushi wouldn't stop blabbering about it) but she never really heard more than 4 songs. She knew all the members names and she personally liked Suga the best.

Adra's mouth was immediately hung open when she saw the choreography. She shared a look with Monica. They weren't professional dancers for god sake! How can Ishika think they can learn these steps in 4 days!

When the song was half way finished Adra gasped. She never knew that 2018 Suga looked so good. His black hair and the blue clothes he was wearing with simple converse made Adra swoon.

"I really like him!" Adra smiled, turning towards Khushi and Monica.

"Oh! Armaan we didn't start practicing yet!" Ishika said. Adra didn't realize that the music had stopped and Armaan had walked in. She closed her eyes in embarrassment and just looked at Suga. At least, his good looks made her forget about Armaan's good looks.

All the girls stood up, expect Adra. She could hear them talking but she didn't have the energy to eavesdrop. Anyway, she was ignoring Armaan. He found her annoying right?

"Adra,"

God why was he calling her? She was so angry on him! He could ask Ishika's help! Why bother with the annoying Adra?!

"Ha?" she turned around, she still didn't stand up. To Adra's surprise he didn't ask her to come near him, instead he walked towards her and kneeled beside her.

"You were saying something about Retro Theme for the teacher's, right?" he asked her, his charcoal black eyes staring at her brown ones, "you made a list of songs too? We will go with that, okay?"

"What? Really?" Adra's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yeah, well you see. It doesn't make sense if we dance on something that's modern for teacher's day. Old Bollywood song will make the teacher's nostalgic." he explained.

"Oh, yeah. . ." Adra nodded her head, she was smiling at him.

"Ishika, you can do this dance during the upcoming dance competition, for now let's go with Adra's idea." he turned to look towards Ishika who was frowning, but she nodded her head nonetheless.

She wasn't looking at Armaan when he suddenly clasped his hand around her wrist and pulled her up. She immediately looked at him but he wasn't looking at her.

"Okay, guys, this should be ready by Thursday." He walked out of the AV room.

"Wait! Armaan!" Khushi shouted, "aren't there any guys who want to dance too? We need them to participate too you know, for the teachers!"

"Anyway, it doesn't matter if it's partner dance," Ishika said, "that would be cool and I'm sure the principal wouldn't mind a bit of hand touching."

Armaan frowned but nodded his head, "I'll get them here in a minute."

And surely he wasn't lying. Armaan had brought Rahul, Roshan, Sambav, even Jiten and few other guys in a minute. They all looked like they would be anywhere but here. Jiten was still wearing his football jersey. It looked like he was playing and then was suddenly dragged here.

Adra immediately skipped towards her brother. Even if they had to dance by just standing side by side, Adra wanted Jiten to be her dance partner.

Monica was already cornered by Rahul. Now everyone were deciding their dance partners.

"Arey, Rahul bhaiya," Monica was wanted calling him her brother to irk him, "I already have a partner."

"What?" Rahul scoffed, "I'm the handsomest guy you'll ever find. You can give up on your partner for me!"

"Jiten!" Monica came running towards us. "He's my partner." She wickedly smiled because she knew Rahul couldn't speak against Jiten.

"No! Bhai will be my partner." Adra hissed. Monica rolled her eyes and pushed her in Rahul's direction.

"We need another guy!" Ishika said, "Armaan? Please? Can you dance?" she made those puppy eyes. Just as she said that everyone started cheering his name.

Finally he gave in, though you could still see the reluctance on his face.

"Okay!" Ishika clapped, "everyone has a partner, right?" she was already standing near Armaan, staking her claim on him. Adra rolled her eyes, hoping she could find some sense of mind in the back of her head.

It wasn't like they were going to do salsa. Just hold hands as they entered. She only held Rahul's fingertips.

This was going to a one heck of a dance practice.

••••

"Adra," Rahul called her out, "Chal, everyone already went for lunch."

Adra immediately gulped the water she was drinking and sure the AV room was empty. She wondered why did Rahul wait for her? And why did Armaan not wait for Rahul.

Then Adra internally scoffed. Of course, Ishika.

She had heard they dated when they were in 8th grade but Armaan had said it wasn't true. (She didn't ask Armaan. She asked Jiten.) Adra shrugged her shoulders as she walked pass Rahul, convincing her heard to not be bothered by the boy named Armaan.

And sure, when she and Rahul walked into the Dinning Hall, (that how much ever she tried didn't remind her of the Great Hall) Armaan and Ishika were sitting together with other people from the dance practice.

The tables in the Mess were long and the seats were circle in shape and they were attached to the tables. So one table probably had six seats. That didn't matter though, because all the tables were joined together.

"I'm sitting there," she didn't even point where she was going to sit as she walked away from Rahul. She just didn't want to sit and see Armaan and Ishika flirting like there is no tomorrow. Monica and Khushi also seemed to be in their own world as they too sat where Ishika was sitting.

Adra looked over her shoulder one last time and frowned. She saw those charcoal black eyes but she just turned around and sat down on one of the empty seats available.

After they had finished lunch. Adra, Monica, Shreyash and Jigisha were suppose to make sure everyone left the Mess by 1:55. All of them were house captains.

"Please, hurry up," she said to the juniors who would talk more and eat less.

She turned around and abruptly stopped. Armaan was standing there. The places between the tables weren't so much that two people could pass at the same time.

"Excuse me," she politely said.

"Shrey isn't going to do his duty here," he completely ignored her, "so I'm doing it in his place."

Why did she have to know that?

"Oh, okay," she blinked.

"You can go to class too," he said, "I don't think people listen to you."

Ouch.

She didn't need to be told twice. She immediate walked away.

Why was he being rude to her? Adra had actually thought she would thank him for going with her plan for the Teacher's Day. Not anymore.

Never anymore.

This was just going to make it easy for Adra to get over her crush.

What do you thinkkkkkkk???

Do you like gummies or chocolate more?

Also do you all use Instagram?

Your author
Hazel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 6.1K 65
Dear Readers, I am going to delete "Hers Professor" and I will let you know before I do it, as I am busy at the moment. Because even though I got imm...
582K 51.9K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
10K 727 19
Like every other Indian teenager with strict parents, Divya's love life is a mess, not because she can't date but because she has shitty taste in men...
267K 17.1K 67
"Arini, I have told you this for hundred times and I'm telling you again. I don't love you, will never love you and will never marry you. I have so m...