RWBY : Infinite Volume 1

By BenBones5

Y/n Gilbert was a young boy who wished to be a Huntsman. After being framed for something he didn't do which... More

Red Trailer
White Trailer
Black Trailer
Yellow Trailer
Prologue: Y/n Trailer
Chapter 1: Enrollment
Chapter 2: Beacon Academy
Chapter 3: Before The Initiation
Chapter 4: The First Step
Chapter 5 : The Initiation
Chapter 6: Team RWBY+Y/n
Chapter 7 : First Day Of Class
Chapter 8 : Monster
Chapter 9 : Finding Yourself
Chapter 10 : Y/n's Past Pt 1
Chapter 11 : Y/n's Past Pt 2
Chapter 12 : Jaunedice
Chapter 13 : Two Types Of Confessions
Chapter 15 : Cat's Out Of The Bag
Epilogue : Virtuous Sin

Chapter 14 : Forever Fall

3.4K 52 86
By BenBones5

   It's been a few days after Y/n's birthday and the news of him and Yang dating were spreading like wildfire. Needless to say, the news amused a few people.

   Team JNPR naturally congratulated the two on their relationship and Y/n turning 16 and so was Team CFVY. Even Glynda and some of the teachers congratulated them of getting together although Glynda warned them not to get too frisky and are not allowed to flirt in any classes but Yang had already disobeyed the latter rule and she was trying to find loopholes for the first rule but they will always be covered by her new boyfriend.

   Now that they were dating, the dynamic between Y/n and Yang changed drastically. Yang was shamelessly flirting and acted romantic with Y/n regardless of the situation to the point where some of their friends jokingly say that they were making them barf out sugar. The two will often sleep in the same bed together and Y/n stopped blushing towards Yang's advances and he would often flirt back which immediately changed into a heated make-out section which made a few of their friends very uncomfortable, much to the couple's amusement.

   His relationship between his other teammates were the same and he met the rest of Team CFVY. He got to formally meet Fox since the match he had with Coco and finally met the last member, Yatsuhashi Daichi.

  Oddly enough, the first time they met, Yatsuhashi eyed Y/n for a bit before nodding with approval. This made Y/n confused for a bit until Fox explained that Yatsu was one of those the serious warrior type and that he accepted him as a fellow warrior.

   Despite that, Y/n managed to hit it off well with the male members of Team CFVY. He was one of the few people who think that Fox's blindness was a strength and understood his desire to be remembered after death after learning his reason so Fox and him got along rather easily thanks to the former's joking attitude. He and Yatsuhashi got along since they were warriors themselves and they both agreed to spar on a later date.

  Although he got along with the male members, he was a little closer with the female members. Coco still flirted with him regardless whether he's taken or not and both the male members of Team CFVY said that it's the first time they seen her like this as it was mostly other people who were flirting her, not the other way around. Velvet still thought of Y/n as her hero and she was always being shy and blushing wherever he was around. All and all, he liked Team CFVY and they often hung out with his team.

   However, the others noticed that his relationship with Jaune was a little worrying. The two rarely spoke to one another and Y/n will only talk to him if he needed something. Their friends noticed that Jaune had a sad look on his face every time the two best friends meet so they concluded that something had happened to them but they decided to leave them be since, according to Pyrrha, it's a matter of pride.

   Speaking of Jaune, he was also starting to hang out with Cardin of all people. This made a few people worried as they thought he might be threatened to hang out with the bully but Jaune reassured them that he was okay. Everyone except Y/n, who probably knew what was going on but didn't say and Pyrrha, who was the most disappointed of all. The two were also not on talking terms and Jaune would have an even more saddened look on his face whenever his eyes locked with the red-haired Spartan.

   Right now, Pyrrha was staring at the window sadly while her other teammates were doing their thing in their dorm room. Ren was cleaning 'StormFlower' while Nora was jumping on her bed like crazy as she was still slightly hyper from the sugar rush caused by the leftover birthday cake from Y/n's party.

Nora: "Hey, Ren?"

Ren: "Hmm?"

Nora: "How come Jaune gets to come back so late?"

Ren: "I don't know. He's become rather scarce since he started fraternizing with Cardin."

Nora: "That's pretty weird, isn't it? Cardin was originally the one who made Jaune's life here at Beacon miserable and now, they're buddy-buddy."

Ren: "It's Jaune's choice at who he wants to be friends with. I just hope that he's still remembers that we have a field trip."

Nora: "*smiles* Yeah! We do need our rest for tomorrow!"

   Hearing this, Pyrrha became upset. Not at them, but at Jaune who was still acting like this. His deadline with Y/n was literally tomorrow night and he's spending his time on hanging out with Cardin then thinking about Y/n's offer.

Pyrrha: "*angrily* Oh, I'm sure our leader knows exactly what he's doing!"

   Nora and Ren exchange glances, wondering what the heck did Jaune do to make Pyrrha upset. Unknown to them, Jaune was watching everything through the crack of the door.

Nora: "Mmmm...I guess so."

   Jaune hangs his head and closes the door. He was lost in his melancholic thoughts until a voice interrupted him.

???: "Hey, Jaune!"

   Immediately startled, Jaune turns around to see Ruby in her pajamas, giggling at his reaction.

Ruby: "So, lady-killer! Did you lock yourself out again?"

Jaune: "Oh, uh, nope!"

   He reassured Ruby that he didn't lock himself out like the last time by showing his scroll, which was used as an identification key to open the door.

Ruby: "So! Where have you been lately? We never talked at all for two days and Y/n's not even talking to you at all even though you're besties. What happened with you guys?"

Jaune: "I, uh..."

   Jaune tried to come up with an excuse but he gave up. He sighs with a heavy heart and lowers his head.

Jaune: "I messed up, Ruby. I did something I shouldn't have, and now Cardin has me on a leash. Y/n and Pyrrha tried to help me out but I said some things at them which I regret saying. Especially to Y/n. I tried to apologize but the words...They were stuck in my throat...And now, my best friend and my teammate are not even talking to me..."

   He then presses his back onto his dorm room door and slides down to the floor with a depressive look on his face.

Jaune: "I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea...I'm such a failure."

Ruby: "Nope!"

   Jaune was caught off guard at Ruby's answer as he did not expect her to say that.

Jaune: "Wait, what? Ruby, what do you mean by 'nope'?"

Ruby: "That's what I meant! You're not allowed to call yourself a failure. Why!? Cause you're a leader."

Jaune: "But... what if I'm a failure at being a leader?"

   Ruby thinks about it for a while before and we back with a carefree smile.

Ruby: "Nope!"

   Jaune slightly laughs at this as Ruby now sat next to him.

Jaune: "You know, you're not the easiest person to talk to about this kind of stuff."

Ruby: "Nope!"

   Jaune chuckled a bit more as he leaned onto the door a little more.

Ruby: "Jaune, maybe you were a failure when you were a kid..."

    Jaune groaned in pain as he felt like an arrow just stabbed him through the chest from Ruby's remark.

Ruby: "... And you might've even been a failure the first day we met!"

   He groans even more as he felt like a dozen more arrows stabbed him through his body and his fragile pride.

Jaune: "Ruby, please...stop. You're destroying my already broken pride..."

Ruby: "But, I'm not finished. You're not allowed to be one now. You know why?"

Jaune: "N-no. Why?"

Ruby: "Because it's not just about you anymore. You've got a team now, Jaune. We both do! And if we fail, then we'll just be bringing them down with us."

   She immediately stood up as she placed her hands onto her hips.

Ruby: "Y/n told me something like this when I had that little spat with Weiss on the first day of class. Being a leader is like wearing a badge constantly. We have to take responsibility to show that we earned those badges. We have to put our teammates first, and ourselves second. Your team deserves a great leader, Jaune. And I think that can be you."

   Jaune felt a little inspired by her words...even though she was slightly quoting Y/n but his words do give people inspiration and strength. She then walked towards her dorm room and opened the door.

Ruby: "I don't know what happened between you and Y/n but you should try to patch things up really soon. Even if you said some things to Y/n, he'll forgive you. After all..."

   She turned towards Jaune and gave him a smile.

Ruby: "You're the best friend he always needed. Night, Jaune."

   With that, she entered the room and closed the door. Feeling inspired and invigorated, Jaune stood up and was about to open the door and face his team when suddenly, his scroll rang. He opened it and saw that Cardin left him a message.

Cardin (on-scroll): "Hey, there! It's your buddy, Cardin! I know you're probably busy with that Dust project I gave you, buuuut I'm gonna need you to go out and get me a bag of Rapier Wasps."

    Jaune immediately gulped in fright as he knew that Rapier Wasps are very dangerous animals but he still listened to Cardin's message.

Cardin (on-scroll): "And make sure they've got some really big stingers! It's important, so don't screw this up!"

   Jaune closed his scroll just before it began to beep again. Sighing, he wearily heads down the hallway and away from his room.

Timeskip- Y/n P.O.V.

   Morning had arrived and Y/n woke up feeling something heavy was lying on top of him. He opened his eyes and saw his Sun Dragon sleeping peacefully on top of him. Y/n chuckled a bit as he gently kissed her on her forehead. Yang smiled in her sleep at this and Y/n smiled as well as he gently stroke her hair.

Y/n: 'I still can't believe I'm actually dating the girl I like and she's my teammate. Not to mention that she's one of the strongest and most beautiful girls in Beacon. I guess I'm one heck of a lucky guy.'

   Y/n looked at the ceiling as he was thinking about Jaune and the fact that the field trip was today. That means that tonight, he's supposed to be giving Y/n his final answer.

Y/n: 'Jaune...Not even the greatest heroes could go so far if they don't have their friends and allies helping them on their journey. I hope that you can see that...'

   Y/n was also thinking that Cardin might know Jaune's secret judging by how he was acting but he had no proof. He just hoped that Jaune could actually stand up to that bully and not continue to be under his thumb.

   Suddenly, Y/n immediately sensed that something was wrong. He immediately opened the covers and saw Yang's hand slowly moving to his family jewels. Y/n's eyes started twitching as he gave a karate chop on Yang's head which immediately made her got up and rub the part of her head that got hit.

Yang: "Ow! What was that for!?"

Y/n: "Uh, you trying to grab my family jewels? I thought you were still asleep."

Yang: "I was until I was woken up by a kiss from my babe. Thanks for that."

   She winked at him which caused him to roll his eyes while smiling. He looked around and saw that the others were still asleep except for Blake.

Y/n: "Blake. Good morning."

Blake: "Morning. I can see that you two lovebirds are awake. And already lovey dovey I see."

Yang: "Watch it, Belladonna. He's my man-meat so no touchy. But...*smirks* maybe I'll allow some fun in the future."

   Immediately, both Y/n and Blake blushed profusely at their teammate's remark.

Blake: "*blushing* W-wha-"

Y/n: "*blushing* Yang! I'm standing right here you know!?"

Yang: "*laughing* Sorry, sorry. But, c'mon, babe. I know you'll like the idea."

   Y/n gulped as he tried imagining a harem but he couldn't see that far into the future. Knowing the evil writer/author, he'll have something installed for poor Y/n.

(A.N: *evil smirk* You know it, Y/nny boy.)

Y/n: 'Why do I suddenly feel a sense of dread?'

???: "Ahem!"

   The trio turned and saw a blushing Weiss and a confused Ruby behind them.

Weiss: "*blushing* Why is it that the first thing I hear when I woke up is hearing such...vulgarity!?"

Blake: "Ask Yang."

Ruby: "What do you mean by 'fun'? *gasp* Are we gonna do something fun like weapon making!?"

Y/n: "Uhh...sure, Rubes."

Weiss: "Well, as much as I 'love' to continue this pointless conversation, we've need to prepare. We do have a field trip after this."

Ruby: "Oh! Dibs on the shower!"

   With that, Ruby mom dashed into the shower and after a while, running water was heard and a high-pitched scream was followed after.

Ruby (off-screen): "SPIDER!!! BLAKE!!! I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU KILLED IT ALREADY!!!"

   The three girls and Y/n soon laughed at the little red Reaper's expense as they all get ready for the trip to Forever Fall.

Timeskip-

   After getting ready and catching up onto the next Bullhead, the teams RWBYY, JNPR and CRDL were being guided by Glynda in a forest filled with red trees and greyish tree trunks. This was the Forever Fall Forest.

Glynda: "Yes, students, the Forever Fall forest is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to do some sightseeing. Now, Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure that none of you will die while doing so."

Y/n: '*sarcastic* Wow, I'm already feeling so happy thanks to your pep talk, Miss Good. Woo-hoo...also, who the heck is Professor Peach!?'

   The group stops, and Jaune, who was carrying a large case with six empty glass jars on top, tried to catch up with them but ends up bumping into Cardin. He scowls at Jaune, who was attempting to feign innocence by whistling tunelessly. Glynda cleared her throat as she gestured the rest to listen to her as she held up a jar full of a reddish substance.

Glynda: "Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!"

   Jaune tried to sneak away from Cardin but unfortunately, his blackmailer immediately noticed and dragged him with them.

Cardin: "Come on, 'buddy'! Let's go!"

   Jaune miserably looks at his team. Ren and Nora already were already walking into the forest's depths while Pyrrha was looking at him with a sad look in her eyes. Immediately dropping his gaze, Jaune reluctantly followed Team CRDL and Pyrrha could only sigh in disappointment.

   Y/n noticed this too and he was very worried about Jaune. Luckily, he knew how to extract sap quickly and efficiently thanks to Winter's teachings so in a matter of minutes, his jar was full.

Y/n: "Hey, Ruby!"

   Ruby, who was slightly struggling to fill up her jar, turned towards her male teammate and was surprised to see that his jar was already full.

Ruby: "What!? How is your jar already full!?"

Y/n: "Strike the lower middle section upwards. It'll make more sap come out. Since I'm done, I'm gonna go for a walk. Is that okay?"

Ruby: "Sure! And, thanks for the advice, Y/n!"

Yang: "Want me to come with you, babe?"

Y/n: "Nah, I'll be fine. It's just a walk. I'll be back in no time."

Yang: "Alright. Better come back, you hear?"

Y/n: "Yes, ma'am!"

   He waved goodbye to his team while at the same time receiving a kiss from Yang and then started walking into the forest. He was enjoying the peacefulness of the forest until he heard a commotion. He climbed up a tree to get a better look and saw Jaune and Team CRDL. Over at the other corner, he saw Nora, Ren and Pyrrha filling up their jar of sap. Fortunately, he was close enough to hear their conversation without being spotted.

Jaune: "P-pyrrha? *looks at Cardin* Cardin, what's going on?"

Cardin: "*gritting his teeth* ...Payback."

   He then pounds his fist to the ground in frustration.

Cardin: "There she is. Red-haired know-it-all. She's going to pay for humiliating me in class. I don't see that punk anywhere but I'll deal with him later. Now, Jaune. Here's what you're gonna do."

   He then gave Jaune a jar of red sap and pushed him closer to them. Cardin then took out a box with the letter 'W' on it.

Cardin: "According to the report which you so graciously helped me with last week, I've learned that Rapier Wasps have an affinity for sweets. They especially looooove red sap. I think it's time we teach her a lesson."

   Jaune immediately opened his eyes in terror as he realized what Cardin wants him to do.

Jaune: "Cardin, please! Not her! I won't do it!"

Cardin: "*darkly chuckles* You don't have a choice, Jauney boy. If you don't do it, I'll have no 'choice' but to have a chat with Goodbitch and you'll be on the first Bullhead out of Beacon by sundown."

   Jaune reluctantly clutched the jar as he raised it and was ready to throw the jar. Not at Pyrrha...but at Cardin.

Jaune: "I said...NO!!!"

   He then threw it at Cardin whose breastplate was covered in sap.

Jaune: "I've been running away from my problems for far too long! If you want to do it then go ahead! Tell them all! I don't mind! Just leave my friends alone!"

   Y/n smiled as he now saw Jaune's renewed resolve and was finally able to stand up to Cardin.

Y/n: 'His heart is not clouded anymore and I can finally see that shining resolve of his. It's about damn time, Jaune...'

Cardin: "*darkly chuckles* You're gonna get it now, Arc."

   Y/n saw Dove Bronzewing and Sky Lark holding Jaune's arms as Cardin preceded to punch him in the face. Despite this, Jaune was still laughing.

Jaune: "You know...I thought that you were strong and terrifying but I realized now that Y/n was right. You're not so tough. You're relying on your goons to beat me up. Hell, I bet that Y/n could beat you guys up without using that sword of his."

   Cardin immediately got angry as he shoved his friends away and held him by the collar.

Cardin: "Care to repeat that, punk!?"

Jaune: "*chuckles* See what I mean? Y/n was right. You're not a Huntsman! You're just a bully! You like hurting people simply because you're weak yourself! I told you already! I don't care what you do to me but don't you dare hurt my team and my friends, Losechester!"

   Jaune glared at Cardin and he was slightly taken aback at this. Cardin quickly shook it off as he raised his fist once more.

Cardin: "So, what!? Does this make you a tough guy now!?"

   Jaune simply smirked and shrugged his shoulders and Cardin was so pissed, his whole face was red.

Cardin: "Let me tell you something, Arc. I'm gonna send you home to Mommy in teeny tiny pieces and I'm going to enjoy every second of it."

   Y/n immediately sensed the negative emotions coming from Cardin and he mentally clicked his tongue.

Y/n: 'Damn it! That bastard's actually gonna kill him! Sorry, Jaune but it looks like I'm gonna have to save your skin.'

    He was about to jump in and help until a bright light shines throughout the whole area. Y/n was forced to cover his eyes to block the bright light until it quickly died down. He opened his eyes and saw Cardin on his knees holding his hand while Jaune's Aura was glowing and his bruises were immediately healed.

Y/n: 'Damn...Completely forgot that Jaune's Aura is off the charts. His Aura reserves could even rival mine and it has to be tough if he could hurt Losechester over there. Huh...Sorry, Jaune but I'll be borrowing that nickname for now.'

   Cardin, who was still on the floor glared at Jaune as he was standing up.

Cardin: "That's it! You're dead, Arc!!"

   But, before he could charge at him, a deafening roar echoed behind them. Team CRDL immediately turned behind them and saw an Ursa Major walking towards them. Team CRDL and Jaune were scared out of their boots as they knew that an Ursa Major would make any Pro Huntsman's day a bad one. How could they, who were just Huntsmen in Training could beat that thing?

   The Ursa Major sniffed the air and layed its eyes on Cardin. It immediately stood on its two hind legs and gave out an even more deafening roar.

Cardin: "*scared* N-no problem...We could take this oversize bear down in no time flat. R-right, guys?"

   Cardin turned to his teammates, only to see them run away, leaving him behind to save their skin.

Russel: "That's a big Ursa!!"

Sky: "I'm outta here!!"

Dove: "You're on your own, Cardin!!"

   Shocked at his teammates running away, Cardin failed to notice the Ursa Major swung its claws at him, sending the bully flying while shredding a bit of his breastplate. The Ursa then turned its eyes on Jaune, who was so scared he couldn't move but, it simply ignored him and went after Cardin.

Jaune: "I-it wants Cardin?"

Y/n: "Not a big surprise considering the sap is actually a Grimm's favorite meal."

   Y/n then jumped down from his hiding place. Jaune quickly turned around and was surprised to see him.

Jaune: "Y/n!?"

Y/n: "In the flesh."

Jaune: "W-what are you doing here!? W-what should I do?"

Y/n: "I don't know. You could just leave Cardick over there to his impending doom and run away. Your secret will be safe as long as he's dead and you'll never be tormented again."

Jaune: "H-how did you-"

Y/n: "Jaune, I'm not stupid. I can tell judging by how Losechester got you around his finger. But, like I said, you can leave that ass alone and he becomes Grimm chow. Or..."

   He points to Cardin, who was pinned onto the ground. He tried to take out 'The Executioner' to defend himself but the Ursa immediately knocked it all the way to Y/n's feet.

Y/n: "...You can go and try to save his sorry ass. As you can see, I don't have my weapons on me but you still have 'Crocea Mors' with you. But, let me say this, Jaune. If you choose to save him, this won't make you a hero."

   He then gently placed both his hands on Jaune's shoulders.

Y/n: "It proves that you're you. Not the hero, not the lovable idiot stuck on the damn tree but Jaune Arc, the guy who I'm proud to call my best friend."

   He then made Jaune face the direction of the Ursa and gently patted him in the back. Jaune, who was afraid just a few moments ago, looked at his hand and clutched it with determination. He drew out his sword and was ready to fight. But, before he left, he turned towards Y/n and finally, he said what he wanted to say to him on that night on the rooftop.

Jaune: "Y/n, I know that this is a bad time to say this but I'm really, really sorry for what I said on the other night! I shouldn't have said all of that and I deeply regretted it! I hope that you can at least forgive me!"

   He then bowed at Y/n to show his sincerity. Y/n simply flicked him on the forehead which made him recoil back.

Jaune: "Oww!!"

Y/n: "You're right. It ain't the right time. For now, focus on saving that idiot. We're doing the Grimm a favor anyway. The Ursa might get indigestion if it ate that ass. You can tell me what you want to say tonight on the rooftop."

   Jaune rubbed his forehead but he chuckled at Y/n's remark. He turned around and was about to run to him but Y/n called him back.

Y/n: "Hey!"

   Jaune looked over his shoulder to see Y/n sticking his fist out while smiling.

Y/n: "Skin that ugly bear so we can make a fortune."

    Jaune chuckled at his remark and he fist-bumped Y/n back while giving a smile on his own. Jaune then looked forward and dashed towards Cardin. Y/n smiled seeing his friend and decided not to help him, having full confidence that he got this.

Meanwhile- 3rd Person P.O.V.

   Pyrrha and the rest of Team RWBY along with Nora and Ren were continuing to fill up the tree sap. Thanks to Y/n's advice, they were filling them up in a rapid pace. They were almost ready to pack up and leave until both Ruby and Pyrrha heard something. A rather loud roar echoing in the distance.

Ruby: "Did you heard that?"

Pyrrha: "Yes. What was that?"

   Right on que, the three members of Team CRDL entered the scene, running away from the area where the roar was heard while screaming like a bunch headless banshees.

Russel: "Ursa! Ursa!"

   He bumped into Yang who was unperturbed by the collision and held him by the coller.

Yang: "What! Where!?"

Russel: "*points at the other way* Back there! It got Cardin!!"

   Pyrrha immediately dropped her jar in terror as Yang dropped Russel and he immediately ran off with his teammates.

Pyrrha: "Jaune! *looks at Ruby* Ruby, Jaune's with Cardin! He's in danger!"

   Immediately switching into her leader mode, Ruby began barking out orders.

Ruby: "Yang! Blake! Go get Miss Goodwitch! Weiss, you're with me!"

Blake: "Understood."

Yang: "Got it! I'll try to contact Y/n as backup!"

Weiss: "It's about time you step up as leader."

Pyrrha: "Ren, Nora, go with them! There might be more!"

   Ren nodded while Nora cheerfully salutes. The two teams then split up and Ruby, Weiss and Pyrrha were running towards where Jaune and Cardin were with their weapons ready. They were just in time to see the Ursa Major swinging its claws at Cardin, only to be blocked by Jaune's shield. Cardin sits there being stunned while Jaune was trying his best to push the Ursa back. Weiss lifts up 'Myrtenaster', ready to go and attack but a familiar voice stops her from doing so.

???: "Yeah, I wouldn't do that if I were you."

   The three turned around and saw Y/n walking towards them.

Ruby: "Y/n!"

Weiss: "Why are you stopping me!? That dolt can't fight an Ursa Major on his own! He's not strong enough!"

Y/n: "I don't think so. Look closer."

   He pointed at Jaune, who was immediately knocked away by the Ursa but he quickly got up and continued attacking.

Y/n: "Jaune may lacks the skill but he makes up for it with strategy and guts. Take a look."

   They saw Jaune slowly cutting away the Ursa every time he charges. Jaune immediately ran passed Cardin as he jumped and swung his sword but the Ursa swung its claw at mid-air, causing him to be knocked back and land far away. He immediately got up and checked his scroll. He saw that his Aura was in the red which made him angrily growl. The Ursa too was slowly getting tired and it was injured to boot. Immediately standing up and steadying himself, he and the Ursa charged at each other for one last strike.

   Both Y/n and Pyrrha noticed that he left himself wide open for the Ursa's attack. Pyrrha then stretched her hand out and it started glowing black. Then, a black aura covered Jaune's shield and it immediately moved to block the claw strike. Using this opportunity, Jaune swung his sword at the Ursa's head, decapitating it. This caused Y/n and Pyrrha to smile proudly at Jaune.

   Both Ruby and Weiss were stunned with what just happened but Y/n immediately understood that Pyrrha just used her Semblance to help Jaune.

Ruby: "*shocked* Uhh...What was that?"

Weiss: "*shocked* H-how did you..."

Y/n: "That was your Semblance, wasn't it?"

Pyrrha: "*nods* Yes, that's correct. Ruby has her speed, Weiss has her glyphs, you can transform into a..."

   Pyrrha became hesitant in finding the right word to call Y/n's transformation but he beaten her to the punch.

Y/n: "A monster. Don't worry. I'm not offended."

Pyrrha: "Right, I'm sorry. Continuing, my Semblance is called 'Polarity'.

Ruby: "Whoa, you can control poles..."

Weiss: "No, you dunce! It means she has control over magnetism!"

Ruby: "*whispering* Magnets are cool, too..."

   Weiss sigh in exasperation towards her leader as she noticed Y/n and Pyrrha were leaving.

Weiss: "Wait, where are you two going?"

Ruby: "Yeah! We gotta tell them what happened!"

Y/n: "Well, we could...Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha: "Or perhaps we could keep it our little secret?"

   The two smiled as both Ruby and Weiss looked at each other in understanding. As they were walking back to the meeting area, Pyrrha started having a talk with Y/n.

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry that I interfered with his fight."

Y/n: "It's okay. I know that Jaune left himself open and you just help save his bacon. Huh...rhyme."

Pyrrha: "So, have you already decided to forgive him?"

Y/n: "*shrugs* Who knows? Maybe I will when I hear his answer tonight. If he says no, I'm smacking his ass till next Tuesday"

Pyrrha: "*giggles* Then, I could only pray that he accepts your offer."

   Y/n smiled at her as Ruby and Weiss looked at them not understanding what were they talking about but they ignored it for now. They were just about to arrive back at the meeting point but Y/n immediately sensed an Aura which was all too familiar. To make matters worse, it was at the area where Jaune just defeated the Ursa Major.

Y/n: "Crap!"

   Y/n immediately turned and dashed back towards where Jaune was.

Pyrrha: "Y/n!?"

Ruby: "Where you're going!?"

Y/n: "Back to Jaune!! He's in trouble!! C'mon!!!"

   The three girls looked at each other in confusion but nonetheless quickly ran after Y/n as he was gritting his teeth in frustration, hoping that he was not too late.

Y/n: 'Why the Hell is today of all days did I have to be right!?'

Meanwhile-

   Cardin was still on the ground as he could not comprehend what he just saw. Not only did Jaune saved him despite Cardin being his tormentor, Jaune even killed the Major Ursa and with style. Jaune sheathed his sword and walked over to where Cardin was. He held out his hand which Cardin took it as he helped him get back onto his feet.

Cardin: "Holy crap! Jaune, I-"

    He was cut short as Jaune immediately got up to his face and was glaring at Cardin dead in the eye.

Jaune: "*threateningly* Don't ever mess with my team...my friends...ever again. Got it?"

   Cardin was immediately taken aback by Jaune's bravery to stand up to him. Now, normally Cardin would pushed Jaune back to the ground and proceeded to beat him up but after what happened, Cardin was starting to feel remorseful for his actions.

Cardin: "*saddened* I...understand."

   Jaune simply turned around and walked away, leaving a frozen Cardin standing there. But, the two were interrupted when they heard applauding from somewhere.

???: "Bravo, Jauney boy! Bravo!"

    Jaune immediately drew out his sword as he was on his guard.

Jaune: "Who's there!?"

   Immediately after he said that, footsteps were heard as he turned around and saw a man wearing a black hood and black and white combat suit was walking towards them while still applauding. He couldn't see anything except for the lower part of his face.

   Both Jaune and Cardin were seized with fear as alarm bells were going off in their heads, saying that this guy was dangerous. As if he knew what they were thinking, he had a sardonic, crazed smile on his face.

???: "Don't be like that, Jaune. I'm actually quite impressed. You've beaten an Ursa Major on your own and you've proved that you're stronger than your tormentor."

Jaune: "Okay, who are you and how do you know me!?"

???: "*fake hurtful tone* Gasp! I'm terribly shocked. I thought my little cousin would tell you about me! After all, I'm the one who made him what he is today."

   Jaune was confused for a second until he suddenly pieced it together in his mind. He immediately growled as he steps into a battle position.

Jaune: "So, you're the one. *angry* Tell me why! Why did you do that to him!? Why did you kill all those people!? Aren't they your family!?"

???: "My, my. I guess Y/n has told you everything. You asked me all those questions. Questions that you already know the answer to. No matter. Besides, I actually have a question for you."

    He immediately disappeared which caused Jaune to be on his guard. He tried looking around for him but he just disappeared. Suddenly, he saw him reappear in front of Cardin.

Jaune: "Cardin, run!!!"

   It was too late as he immediately kicked Cardin in the gut, sending him flying while his armor and clothes were torn apart and destroyed due to the impact, leaving him with only his Pumpkin Pete underwear. Fortunately, he was alive but his Aura immediately broke from the sheer impact and he was groaning in pain. The hooded man just simply looked down at the groaning Cardin with a frown on his face.

???: "Why didn't you kill him then and there?"

Jaune: "*shocked* W-what?"

???: "You'd heard me. Didn't you already established that you're stronger than him? He tormented you, blackmailed you and kept holding you back because he kept pegging you down to his size. You've finally proven that you are the stronger one and yet, why aren't you killing the one who made you weak? Just like how I did to those who held me back?"

Jaune: "A-are you hearing yourself right now!? No matter how weak I am and no matter how much Cardin tormented me, I'll never stoop to your level and kill someone!!"

   The hooded man simply sigh and shook his head sideways as if he was disappointed with something.

???: "And here I thought that you and I were alike. Guess I was wrong, for once. Well, I'm not interested in you anyway. I rather wait for that cousin of mine to show up but I get bored rather easily. Oh! I know!"

   He then proceeded to disappear once again and reappeared in front of Cardin and proceeded to stomp on his head.

???: "How about I pass the time by slowly killing you, Cardy!?"

   He then continuesly stomp on his face as Cardin was trying to get up but the hooded man stomped on one of his legs, breaking it. Cardin yelled out in pain but the hooded man wasn't fazed.

???: "You know, Winchester. From the moment I laid my eyes on you, I never liked you. You lord over the weak while proclaiming that you're strong. And that just pisses me off!!"

   He started stomping him harder as although his eyes were hidden, everyone can tell that he was glaring holes into Cardin's head.

???: "Only those who are truly powerful are allowed to lord over the weak! Scum like you who are weak and yet act like they're strong makes me want to vomit! You do not understand the true worth of power and you'll never achieve it, weakling."

   He was about to stomp on his neck when Jaune charged at him while yelling out a battle cry. He swung his sword downwards...only to find that the hooded man blocked it using only his finger.

Jaune: "*wide-eyed* W-wha-"

???: "*eying the sword* Ah...'Crocea Mors', the Arc family sword. One of my great grandfather's creations forged during the Great War. Worn but still sharp and in good condition. However..."

   He then kicked Jaune in the stomach, causing his Aura to break and was sent flying. He crashed into a nearby tree and was coughing profusely due to all of his air being knocked out of him.

???: "It pales in comparison to his greatest masterpieces, the 'Grimm Blades' which I, myself along with my dear cousin are one of the few people in this pitiful world that can wield one. Anyway, you're wasting my time. *looks down at Cardin* Goodbye, Cardy. Hope Hell accepts you!"

   He had a sadistic smile on his face and was about to try and snap his neck again. Keyword, 'try'. As a shield suddenly flew by and smacked him in the head while a blur of rose petals quickly went passed him and took both Cardin and Jaune. The hooded man simply rubbed his head as he let out a disappointed sigh.

???: "That wasn't very nice...Pyrrha."

   He turned around and saw Pyrrha and Weiss readying their weapons as 'Akōuo' flew back into Pyrrha's hand while Ruby reappeared as she was laying both Jaune and Cardin on the ground.

???: "Very clever, Ruby. I'm very impressed. Use the shield to distract me while you use your Semblance, 'Petal Burst' to save your friend and fellow classmate. You're definitely a better leader than Ice Queen over there."

Weiss: "Don't call me Ic- *gasp* How did you kn-"

???: "Of course, I know all of you. Your Semblances, your background, your fighting styles, everything! I know all about you. Simply because that cousin of mine keeps associating with you people."

Ruby: "Cousin?"

???: "He means me!"

   Suddenly, Y/n appeared behind him and tried to kick him but the hooded man simply ducked and grabbed him. He tried slamming Y/n onto the ground but Y/n twisted his legs and was freed from his hold. Then, he kept somersaulting back to his friends. When the hooded man saw him, he had a dangerous smile on his face and a eerily cheerful tone when he spoke.

???: "Why, hello, Y/n! Glad to see that you're still alright!"

Y/n: "Quit giving me all that bullcrap! What the Hell are you doing here!?"

???: "Am I not allowed to say hello and be concerned for my only family alive?"

Y/n: "*sarcastically* Yeah, family! Says the bastard that send me to the medical ward to begin with!"

Weiss: "Wait, Y/n. Don't tell me he's-"

Yang: "Y/n!!!"

   Y/n and the rest turned around and saw Yang along with Ren, Nora, Blake and Glynda were running towards them.

Yang: "I've been worried sick about you! What did we miss-"

   The moment she saw the hooded man, Yang immediately growled as she readied her gauntlets.

Yang: "*growls* You..."

??? : "*smiles evilly* Why, hello, my dear. Glad to see that you're in one piece as well. How joyful."

Yang: "Shut up!!! I still haven't forget what you did!!! You're gonna pay for what you did to my Y/n!!!"

???: "...Your Y/n?"

   Suddenly, the hooded man shocked all of them by laughing hysterically except Y/n, who already knew his nature at this point and Yang, who was seething in rage.

???: "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OH, THIS IS HILARIOUS, Y/N! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ACTUALLY DID IT!!!YOU MOVED ON FROM LIZ AND FOUND A NEW LOVER!!! OH, SORRY, YOUR FIRST LOVER SINCE, OH, I DON'T KNOW, MADE YOU LOSE YOUR CHANCE WITH YOUR FIRST CRUSH AFTER I KILLED HER!?!? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Yang: "*angry* I SAID, SHUT UP!!!"

   Yang proceeded to fire a few shots at the hooded man but he simply dodged them with ease.

???: "*sigh* Still as aggressive as ever, my dear."

Pyrrha: "*eyes narrowed* So, this man is the one."

Blake: "*tenses up* The one who caused Y/n so much pain..."

Weiss: "The one who destroyed all but one of the Masamune's legacy..."

Y/n: "Shin Halberd...my cousin..."

   Hearing his name, everyone immediately tensed up and they all glared at him except Cardin, who had no idea what was going on. The man himself? He simply did an actor's bow as if he just finished giving a performance.

Shin: "Oh, please stop. Stop. You know I'm a sucker for flattery."

Y/n: "Don't make me ask twice! What the Hell are you doing here!?"

Shin: "Oh, Y/n. Still stupid as always. I was simply telling the truth. I was on my way to see you and I just happened to stumble upon your best friend, Jaune saving his bully, Cardin from an Ursa Major."

Y/n: "...You sent that Ursa, didn't you?"

Shin: "Please, Y/n. I have many tricks but controlling the Grimm? Heck no! *muttering* After all, that's my mistress' ability. *normal tone* But, enough about me. After our last battle which end up with me retreating and you in the hospital bed for 3 days, I felt a little lonely so I decided 'Hey, let's go visit my cousin. If I bump into any of his friends, I'll bring their heads as a get-well present!' Ahahahahaha!!!"

Cardin: "Wait, what's going on!? Who is that guy!?"

Blake: "That's the intruder that Y/n chased away."

Yang: "You know, the guy who sent Y/n in a three day coma? The guy who you proclaimed that you can take him out easily?"

Y/n: "Yang..."

Yang: "Sorry, babe but I'm still a bit salty at what Cardin said about you. *readies her fists* And looking at that egotistical jerk again is making things worse."

Shin: "Well, I guess that means we're about to have a good, old fashioned thro- Hmm...what's this?"

   Shin was immediately covered by a purple aura as Glynda step foot in front of the students.

Glynda: "That won't be necessary. Shin Halberd! You're under arrest for the crime of harming the students of Beacon, trespassing and the slaughter of the Masamunes and countless others in your quest for power! I'm taking you in!"

Shin: "With what? Your Semblance 'Telekinesis' is astonishing powerful and it's useful in both offense and defense but there's one small problem..."

   He then casually walks forward, the purple Aura breaking like glass.

Glynda: "*shocked* W-what!?"

Shin: "Your Semblance doesn't work on me. Now then, let's start the massacre, shall we?"

   He was about to walk forward but Y/n walked forward as well.

Yang: "Y/n, wait!"

Shin: "Better listen to your girlfriend, Y/n. You don't have a weapon on you. You should have brought your sword."

Y/n: "Funny you should mention that."

   He then stretched out his hand as his Aura started flaring up. His powerful voice echoed throughout the forest.

Y/n: "COME TO ME, 'OBLIVION'!!!"

   A pillar of blackish red Aura erupted in front of Y/n and he grabbed it without hesitation. He swung it around and as the Aura fades away, 'Oblivion' was now in his hands.

Y/n: "*smirks* You were saying? And pot calling the kettle black. Where's yours?"

Shin: "Funny thing, actually. After our little scuffle, you actually caused a slight chip to 'True Demise'. Now, normally I would care less about a small chip but the Grimm inside the blade was practically calling for blood for that so I can't even control let alone use it. That's why my dear mistress is fixing it for a while until the damn Grimm inside ceases its tantrum."

   Glynda immediately tensed up when Shin mentioned the word 'mistress'. Y/n noticed this but decides that now is not the time to bring it up.

Shin: "Also, did I mention that's the only thing I hate about that blade of yours, Y/n? 'True Demise' may be superior to 'Oblivion' in every way..."

Ende: "'Superior in every way', my ass! I am far more superior than any sword that was forged in the whole World of Remnant!! Especially that toothpick!!!"

Y/n: "Now's not the right time, Ende... Also, you're technically the Grimm sealed in the sword, not the sword itself."

Ende: "..."

Shin: "...My sword lacks the 'to me' function like yours. *crazy smile* Well! Good thing I carry these!!"

   He then held up a bunch of throwing knives as he smirked sadistically. Y/n eyed them carefully as he steadied himself.

Y/n: "Everyone, on your guard! His second Semblance helps him teleport anywhere his dagger is thrown at and if he touches you, he'll activate his first Semblance! Trust me, you do not want to know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a curse."

Shin: "*chuckles evilly* Well, then. Enough pleasantries. Right now, I guess it's time for me...."

    Shin smirked as he jumped to the air, catching everyone off guard.

Shin: "...To let 'er rip!!!"

   He immediately threw his daggers at Y/n, each of them going at a high speed. Pyrrha was the first to react as she stretched out her hand and it glowed black. The daggers were however not affected as were still flying towards them. Y/n immediately swung his sword, blocking most of them except one which he grabbed it out of mid-flight.

Pyrrha: "My Semblance doesn't work!?"

Y/n: "Not surprised. Take a look."

   He held up the dagger for everyone to see. The dagger's blade was transparent and it was slightly glowing.

Pyrrha: "I-i don't believe it..."

Weiss: "His daggers are made of Aura!"

Jaune: "Wait...*widens his eyes* Doesn't that mean that he has an endless supply!?"

Y/n: "No... It has a weakness."

   Y/n then crushed the dagger with ease as he continued staring down at Shin.

Y/n: "His daggers get weakened every time he uses too much Aura. Using his curses or his teleportation will help drain it even faster. Once he's ran out, no more infinite daggers."

Ren: "So, we have two plans. One is to tire him out until we could arrest him..."

Blake: "The other is that we try to chase him away."

Nora: "Then, let's break his legs!!!"

   Nora leaped into the air and slammed her hammer onto Shin but he simply grabbed it, a small crater was formed under his feet.

Shin: "My, my, Nora. Didn't your Mommy ever tell you that breaking people's legs is wrong? *fake gasp* Oh, wait...*evil grin*"

   Nora widened her eyes and so did Ren when they heard this. However, she quickly shook it off as she gritted her teeth in anger, trying to slam her hammer into his skull. Realizing that he was physically stronger than her, she turned her hammer into its grenade launcher form an started firing at him point blank but unfortunately, he teleported out of sight. Weiss tried to freeze him with Ruby firing a few Ice Dust shots but Shin threw his daggers which took the hits for him. He leaped towards Ruby and stretched out his hand which was glowing purple but Y/n wrapped 'Oblivion's' chain around her and pulled her out of the way. He missed and touched a tree which caused it to wither and die at a fast pace.

Ruby: "Whoa..."

Blake: "Is that his first Semblance?"

Y/n: "Yes. He can cause all kinds of curses. Pain, poisoning, paralysis, even death. One touch, you're gone. But the last one only works on a fully immobile living thing. Even a small twitch will render it useless."

Weiss: "How are we going to stop him!?"

   Ruby pondered for a while until she thought of an idea.

Ruby: "Team RWBYY, listen up! Since this is an emergency, we'll be using our team moves!"

Jaune: "Wait, team moves!?"

Y/n: "Guess we have no choice. Watch and learn, Jaune! Let's do this!"

Ruby: "Ice Flower!!"

   Both Ruby and Weiss lined up their weapons as glyphs were formed in front of them. The two fired an array of lightning fast ice shots which Shin kept teleporting out of the way. The two kept firing ice blasts after ice blasts which kept freezing some of the trees they hit but they were unable to hit him as he kept teleporting in the air.

Weiss: "He's too fast! Our shots are not working!!"

Y/n: "No, it is! He's slowing down! Keep going!"

Ruby: "Y/n! Blake! 'Shadow Dance'!!"

   The two quickly ran forward as Y/n tossed Blake into the air. Shin tried to attack her but Blake then kept using her Semblance, 'Shadow' to dodge and occasionally trying to slash him, not giving him any elbow room to make a move. Once she's done, she jumped out of the way, giving Y/n the chance to do his quick draw. His hand turned into a blur and slashes appeared all over Shin's body. An audible *click* was heard and Shin landed onto the ground, with his uniform in slight tatters.

Shin: "*annoyed* Do you have any idea how tough it was to kill the guy who originally owned this uniform so I can have it?"

Blake: "Ruby, it's not enough!"

Ruby: "Bumblebee!!"

   Blake activated 'Gambol Shroud's' chain sickle form and toss it to Yang, who grabbed it and started running. Blake grabbed her ribbon and swung her to Shin with Yang firing shots to help speed up. Once she's near Shin, she punched him hard on the face, with him being sent flying into the forest. Yang stopped and was looking around for him but he was nowhere to be seen.

Yang: "Please tell me he ran away."

   Suddenly, a dagger was sent flying to her face but Y/n quickly ran to her and sliced the dagger into pieces.

Y/n: "Don't let the daggers cut you! He can instill a curse on them if they hit you!"

Glynda: "Students, defense measures!"

   Everyone immediately huddled together with Weiss creating an ice dome with Glynda forming rocks around it to increase defense. Jaune and Pyrrha held their shields up for Cardin as he was absolutely defenseless while everyone turned their weapons into their gun mode and aimed at the trees except for Y/n, who was holding a firm grip on the handle of his sword. The forest quickly be deadly silent as everyone was on edge.

Blake: "I can't believe one person was able to push us like this."

Ruby: "He may be pushing us but so are we! Let's keep this going, guys."

Nora: "Yeah! I call dibs on his legs!"

Pyrrha: "As long as we're working together, we can beat him."

Y/n: "...No. Don't get cocky. He was just testing us."

Everyone: "WHAT!?!?"

Glynda: "Mr Gilbert, are you trying to suggest that Shin Halberd was only holding back on us!?"

Y/n: "*nods* He's currently weak. He's still recovering from his injury."

   Y/n picked up a dagger from the ground and crushed it with ease.

Y/n: "The speed these daggers can fly when thrown by that jerk can reach Mach 2 and they can pierce through 10 titanium sheets that are as thick as my arm. The fact that I'm actually able to see and intercept them even though I'm injured myself is proof that he's weakened."

Jaune: "M-maybe it's because you accepted your power and it made you stronger."

Yang: "...No, he's right. I've seen him use his power before. He pushed me and Y/n to our knees. I can tell. He hasn't recovered from the last fight."

Y/n: "There's also one crucial thing you guys forgot."

Ruby: "W-what did we forget?"

Y/n: "...What if he had his 'Grimm Blade' with him?"

   This information slowly sunk into everyone as they grimly wonder what would happen if he was at full strength and has his sword with him. Suddenly, they heard the ice crack as they saw a dagger sticking out.

Weiss: "*shocked* W-what!?"

Blake: "He's piercing the ice!"

Y/n: "Everyone, move!"

   Suddenly, a bunch of daggers were thrown everywhere, destroying the ice dome. The rest quickly ran out of there as daggers were raining and Shin's cackle was heard everywhere.

Cardin: "I take it back!! This guy isn't a wuss! He's a monster!!"

Shin (off-screen): "Now, that wasn't very nice to say, Cardin. You bullied Jaune because he's weaker than you. Well, was weaker than you. And you were about to kill him too. But, you're right. I am a monster and I'm damn proud of it. And just recently, Y/n over there accepted the fact that he's a monster as well."

Y/n: "I've told you before! I have friends and now *looks at Yang* I have somebody to love! Someone to protect! As long as I have them, then I'm not just a monster. I'm one with a human soul!"

   All of his friends looked at him with a smile and Yang was holding his hand tight. Cardin was slightly shocked at what he said while Glynda looked at him with a proud look but the moment was ruined thanks to Shin's cackle.

Shin (off-screen): "Ahahahahaha!!! 'Someone to protect'? Like the time you tried to 'protect' our home that I burned to the ground? Like the time you 'protected' Liz? Oh, and let's not forget your mother! Oh, that was a funny moment!"

   Yang and the others stopped as they were all seething especially Yang while Cardin was still confused as he still didn't understand what was going on. Y/n looked calm but he was griping 'Oblivion' really tightly.

Shin (off-screen): "You know, when I had Aunt Mui in my hands, she begged me. But not for her life. Hell, she knew that she was going to die anyway. Do you all know what Ol' Mommy Dearest begged from me!?"

Yang: "*gritting her teeth* Don't go there..."

Shin (off-screen): "She begged for a little time! She begged me to talk to Y/n one last time before she died! It was fucking hilarious!! And do you know what I said!?"

   He then appeared on top of a tree as his Aura was flaring up as well. And the worse part was that he still had that sardonic smile on his face.

Shin: "'Hmm...Nope!' Then, I loped her head off right in front of him!!! And the best part was little Y/nny couldn't do anything about it since I pinned his ass down!!! Literally!!! And spoilers, this all happened when he was only 5 years old!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Yang: "Rrrrraaaaaaggghhhh!!!"

   Yang finally couldn't take it anymore and started firing her shotgun blasts at him. The others quickly followed suit and a storm of blasts and explosions quickly occurred. Sadly, Shin kept throwing daggers everywhere so he kept teleporting everywhere. The assault soon stop but Shin did not even have a scratch on him.

Shin: "*sigh* You're certainly perfect for Y/n, my dear. You both get triggered very easily and- Oh, what's this?"

   Shin kept an eye on Y/n, who was still stoic although his fist was bleeding due to how hard he was clutching it. His smile disappeared and it was replaced with a frown.

Shin: "Well, well. You didn't lose it like you used too. That's boring. I was hoping you would do the same like your friends and charge at me."

Y/n: "It's called character development and anger management. Maybe you should look it up some time."

Shin: "Well, you've certainly grown alright. We're both weakened after our last battle so what's say we end this in one strike?"

   He then waved his hands and afterimages were created. This caused Y/n to be on high alert as a siren was blaring in his head.

Y/n: "GUYS, RUN!!!"

   Immediately, he flicked his wrists and at least 30 knives were held at each hand as everyone tried to get away.

Shin: "Dodge this!!"

   He leaped into the air and threw them everywhere. Y/n blocked some of them and the rest tried to hit him but he kept teleporting everywhere and kept throwing knives by the dozens. Slowly, they were feeling exhausted, they were running out of ammo and their Aura was starting to get low.

Shin: "AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! WHAT'S WRONG!? CAN'T KEEP UP!?"

   Y/n quickly thought of a plan and started making it work.

Y/n: "Weiss, Miss Goodwitch!! We need cover!!"

Weiss: "It won't work!! He'll just pierce it through again!!"

Y/n: "Trust me!!"

   Weiss immediately nodded and unhesitantly created another dome of ice. Glynda then covered it with some rocks to add some extra defense but it was only a matter of time before it'll completely break down.

Glynda: "Alright. Mr Gilbert, I sincerely hope you have a plan to get us out of this mess. My Semblance can't stop his daggers, we are being bombarded and our ammunition is very low. Not to mention so are our Auras."

Cardin: "*panicked* She's right! That guy's a monster! Let's face it, we're about to die!"

Y/n: "Hey!"

   Y/n slapped Cardin in the face which stopped him from panicking. Cardin looked at him with shock as he saw no fear in Y/n's eyes.

Y/n: "Let me tell you something my father once said, Cardin. 'A true warrior never gives up in any situation. When faced with Death, don't run or give up but stare it in the eye and fight on with a smile.' It ain't the time to throw the towel yet. If you can't succeed, find another way. So, have some faith."

Blake: "Y/n, both of our plans to chase him or arrest him are failing. We can't beat him. He's way too powerful."

Y/n: "Like I said, have some faith. Luckily, I got one last ace up my sleeve. Hopefully, this will work."

Weiss: "Well, whatever your plan is, make it quick!"

   Y/n nodded as he held 'Oblivion' and his Aura started flaring up like a wildfire. His powerful voice echoed as he activated his Semblance.

Y/n: "Transcend: Grimmfication!!!"

Meanwhile-

   Outside the dome, Shin was constantly bombarding it with knives. He hoped that Y/n might use his Semblance to fight back. His glee shot up to over 9000 when he heard Y/n shout.

Y/n: "Transcend: Grimmfication!!! "

   The dome immediately broke as most of the daggers flew away by the sheer force released by the transformation. Shin couldn't contain his excitement as he expected his cousin standing there in his 'Second Purge' form. But, what he saw right now, just pissed him off.

Shin: "*angry* WHAT!?"

   A huge hole was right there where the ice dome was. Shin immediately threw a dagger and teleported near the hole. He looked inside and it pissed him off even more.

Shin: "A TUNNEL!!! YOU DARE ESCAPE THROUGH A TUNNEL!?!? NOT IN YOUR LIFE, Y/N!!!"

   He then jumped into the hole and continued running down. He continuesly teleported further and further into the tunnel while getting angrier and angrier.

Shin: 'How could they escape so fast? And how the fucking Hell did he made this tunnel so fast!?'

   He kept teleporting even deeper into the tunnel and stopped when he saw something that made him even angrier.

Shin: "MULTIPLE TUNNELS!?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! Y/N!!! DESTROYING YOU WILL BE EVEN MORE SWEETER ONCE I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!!!!"

   He threw his daggers into all of the tunnels and kept teleporting even more deeper than before. He checked on one of the tunnels but saw that it was a dead-end. He yelled out in anger as he teleported back. He checked the remaining tunnels but they were all dead-ends and he had wasted too much time.

Shin: "Damn it!! Every tunnel is a freaking dead-end!!! Where the Hell are they!?!? And why the fuck is it so...dark... No, it couldn't be!"

   He threw his daggers back to the entrance and teleported as fast as he could. As he got closer, he saw the entrance was blocked. He gritted his teeth as he threw his dagger with full force as it penetrated the rock that was blocking it and he teleported back to the surface. Breathing heavily and low on Aura, he looked around the area only to see a Bullhead flying off to the distance.

   When Shin saw this, so many things were flowing into his head. Anger, tiredness, disappointment, fear but most importantly, a sense of pride. He couldn't understand why but he was slightly proud that his cousin outsmarted him. He moved the rock to the side and saw a space near the entrance of the tunnel, big enough to hide a group of people. When he saw this, he couldn't help but smile.

Shin: "I can't believe that I was outfoxed. He used my hatred for letting my prey escape and used a copied Semblance to make a maze. He pretended to escape when he was only waiting near the entrance. He probably transform into his 'First Purge' form and had help from Goodwitch to maintain the camouflage. I fell for it and because I wasted my time and my Aura, I can't even go and chase after him. He...hehe...Ahahahahahahaha!!!"

   He laughed maniacally as he stared at the leaving Bullhead.

Shin: "You've escaped me for now, dear cousin but mark my words, we'll meet again. Until then, try to find your 'resolution' if you want to beat me. After all, you can't always tunnel your way out of every battle!! Ahahahahaha!!!"

   With that, he teleported out of there, his cackle still echoing in the forest.

Meanwhile- On the Bullhead

   After finally escaping and the Bullhead finally leaving the Forever Fall Forrest, Y/n and the rest were taking a breather after the Hell they went through, courtesy of his crazy, powerful cousin.

Y/n: "That...was the worst field trip ever."

   The rest of his friends agreed with him as they all were recovering from the crazy that just happened.

Weiss: "My Oum, I hope I never see that man again!"

Ruby: "*smiles* But, that was kinda fun!"

   Immediately, all three of her teammates looked at Ruby like she was crazy.

Weiss: "What part of almost getting killed by a maniacal relative of our teammate who can kill us by blinking is considered fun!?"

Ruby: "Well, we've learned a lot about Y/n's cousin and in the future, we can prepare to fight against him or any other baddies on the way!"

Blake: "Ruby, he managed to push all of us to the limit and he was injured. Not to mention that he didn't have his sword with him. How do we stand a chance when even Y/n couldn't?"

Ruby: "Then, we just have to train harder!"

Yang: "Well, I'm not gonna stop trying. I owe that guy a smackdown."

Weiss: "*smiles* I guess he owes me for ruining my day."

Blake: "*smiles* Guess we're gonna have to double our efforts."

Yang: "*smiles brightly* And we got just the right trainer to help us! Right, babe?"

   Yang was waiting for Y/n's reply but there was no response.

Yang: "Babe?"

    Yang turned around and saw Y/n sleeping while standing up, using 'Oblivion' as a support pillar.

Weiss: "My Oum, is he really sleeping while standing?"

Blake: "Not surprising. He was the most exhausted of all of us since he used all of his Aura to make that tunnel."

Ruby: "Umm...shouldn't he be lying down?"

Yang: "I got this. At times like these, I'm glad I confessed to him."

   She then gently made him lie down onto her lap as she gently stroke his hair. To Yang's eyes, even though the day was hectic, he was still sleeping peacefully. The other three felt slightly jealous for some reason but they ignored it for now. She was about to kiss him on the forehead when Glynda spoke up.

Glynda: "Well, even though we got stuck into a rather sticky situation, we've not only managed to get away, you all also completed the assignment Professor Peach gave you. You all deserved to be proud."

Yang: "*muttering* Yeah...proud of being cockblocked..."

   Yang sigh as the other three giggled at her remark. Meanwhile, Team JNPR were also catching their breath from running away except for Nora who was whining.

Nora: "*whining* I didn't break anyone's legs today! Oh, the horror! ... Can I break Cardin's legs?"

Ren: "Nora..."

Nora: "Don't worry, Renny. I'm just kidding. If anything, I feel sorry for him. The guy almost getting killed by a Grimm. And just when he thought it was over, boom! Another person tries to kill him! *looks at Ren* Make me pancakes!"

Ren: "*smiles* Alright."

   Pyrrha smiled at the interaction between the two of her teammates but she laid her eyes on Jaune, who was silent for a while. Pyrrha was about to speak to him when suddenly, they heard yelling. They looked behind and saw a finally fully dressed Cardin putting two of his teammates into a chokehold while the third one was under his foot.

Cardin: "Leave me alone to die, will you!? Always have my back, huh!?"

Russel: "*whimpering* I-i'm sorry...Cardin..."

Sky: "*whimpering* Please...let us...go..."

Dove: "*whimpering* We...won't do it...again..."

    Cardin then looked at Jaune and the angry look on his face was replaced with a remorseful one. He let go of his teammates and whispered something in their ear. It goes without saying that the three boys were shocked.

Russel: "What!? Why!?"

Cardin: "I owe him my life. That's the least I can do."

Dove: "What is wrong with you!? You got somebody on your beck and call and you're just gonna let him go!?"

Cardin: "Whatever! I'm the leader of Team CRDL and that's final! If I see or hear you chumps tell anyone, I'll use you as target practice, got it!?"

   The three gulped and quickly nodded. Cardin then looked at Y/n, who was sleeping peacefully and he sigh.

Cardin: "Hey, Blondie."

   Yang immediately looked up at him and she immediately scowled.

Yang: "*glaring* What do you want?"

Cardin: "*looks the other way* Tell that punk who's sleeping on the floor that...*sigh*...I said thanks for saving my ass."

   Everyone was taken aback by this. The Cardin Winchester, the guy who's ego was as big as the CCT Tower, thanked someone. Cardin immediately knew this and he became embarrassed as his face was now bright red.

Cardin: "*embarrassed* But, this is the first and last time I'll be thanking him! I'll prove to him that I'm the stronger one and I'll do it fair and square since that's how a real Huntsman does it!"

   As he walked away, he stopped at Jaune's side. He grabbed him by the collar and whispered something in his ear.

Cardin: "*whispering* Your secret's safe. For real, this time. I owe you this much and Team CRDL will never bother you again. You have my word."

   Jaune widened his eyes as Cardin dropped him to the floor. Nora was about to go and break his legs but Jaune stopped her. He continued looking at his former bully as he walked away and continued beating up his teammates for abandoning him. Pyrrha looked at Jaune with a smile as she probably guessed what he said. For now, all she could do is hope that he will be on time.

Timeskip-

   After arriving at Beacon, Y/n was waiting on the rooftop for Jaune as he was sitting cross-legged with a few training weapons and shields by his side. He looked at his watch as it showed a few minutes left before the deadline. After a few seconds, Jaune quickly arrived at the rooftop, panting and sweating for running here.

Y/n: "You came. Almost expected you to no show."

Jaune: "*panting* Sorry! Need to catch my breath!"

   Jaune quickly walked to Y/n's side as he sat down and the two looked out into the distance at the sight of Beacon's lights.

Y/n: "I'll be blunt. This place has a heck of a view."

Jaune: "Yeah..."

    There was a very awkward silence surrounding the two as it stayed for a while. Suddenly, Jaune immediately faced Y/n and he bowed his head.

Jaune: "Y/n, I'm really, really sorry for saying all of that stuff a few days ago! I know you're trying to help me out and I got these stupid delusions of wanting to be a hero and my envy for you didn't help out that much. I...I hope you coul- Ow!!"

   Jaune was interrupted as Y/n simply knocked him in the head as he wrapped an arm around his neck and started giving him a noogie.

Y/n: "*laughing* Not this stuff again, Jaune! The moment you stayed and fought the damn Ursa was the same time I forgave you."

   Jaune immediately pried his arm off as the two looked at each other and started laughing. Then, he stuck his hand out and closed it into a fist.

Jaune: "So...we're best buds again?"

   Y/n simply grinned as he fist-bumped him back. The two stood up and quickly did their secret handshake which ended with a hug.

(A.N: Snake is Y/n while Otacon is Jaune. *sigh* These are true bros, people.)

Y/n: "*smiles* You mean 'best bros', pal."

Jaune: "*smiles* Yeah... Best bros."

???: "Now, that's sweet."

   The two looked around and saw Pyrrha walking through the door and was heading towards them.

Pyrrha: "Glad to see that you've made up with your true best friend. Still can't find a good reason why you chose Cardin as your best bud then Y/n."

   Jaune quickly separated from Y/n as he quickly walked up and faced Pyrrha.

Jaune: "Pyrrha... I'm sorry. I was a jerk! Both you and Y/n were only trying to be nice, and... I had all this stupid macho stuff in my head-"

Pyrrha: "Jaune, it's okay! I forgive you."

   The two quickly smiled at one another as Y/n watches on with a slight smile on his face.

Pyrrha: "Your team really misses their leader, you know. You should come down! Ren made pancakes! No syrup, though."

Y/n: "Let me guess. Nora?"

Pyrrha: "*giggles* You should have seen the look on Ren's face. C'mon, Jaune. You're welcome to join us as well, Y/n."

   Pyrrha then turns around and was walking back towards the exit but Jaune immediately stopped her.

Jaune: "Pyrrha, wait!"

   Pyrrha turns around and faced Jaune, who was a little sheepish.

Jaune: "I know I don't deserve it after all that happened, but... would you still be willing to help me... to help me become a better fighter?"

  Pyrrha turns around so that a worried Jaune wouldn't see the satisfied smile on her face.

  She then walked up towards her leader and suddenly pushed him to the ground.

Jaune: "*whining* Hey!"

Pyrrha: "Your stance is all wrong. You need to be wider and lower to the ground. Let's try that again."

   She took out her hand so that Jaune could grab it and she could hoist him up. But before she could do that, she was suddenly been sweeped off her feet and landed into the arms of Y/n, who was smirking at her.

Y/n: "Pot calling the kettle black, Pyrrha. Your stance is no better."

   Pyrrha immediately blushed from embarrassment as she tried to cover her red face with her hair. Jaune couldn't help but laugh at that as he slowly got up and Y/n placed her down.

Y/n: "It ain't just Jaune I'll be teaching. You're being taught too, Pyrrha."

Jaune: "Wait, you're gonna be teaching Pyrrha too?"

Y/n: "Yup. I may be the second youngest guy here in Beacon but I've been on the battlefield far longer than any of you guys. Not to mention that I've been trained by two great Huntsmen. After what happened with Shin, I'm gonna be whipping you guys into shape. I'm already planning on doing it with Team RWBY soon but you two are gonna be first. After that, you'll be having fighting sessions with Ren and Nora."

Pyrrha: "*giggles* In that case, we both will be teaching Jaune and it'll be an honor to receive teachings from you, Y/n."

Jaune: "Yeah! We'll be stronger in no time! And this time, we got your back!"

Y/n: "*nods* Good. Now then."

   He picked up two wooden shields and threw them at Jaune and Pyrrha, who both caught it with ease. Y/n then tossed a wooden sword to Jaune's feet which the latter picked it up while he tossed a wooden javalin to Pyrrha, who caught it as well. Y/n picked up a long wooden katana and went into a battle stance with Jaune and Pyrrha following suit.

Y/n: "Let's start with the basics. We've got plenty of time. The night's still young after all."

   With that, Y/n charged at them and the trio kept sparring and training up until the middle of the night as the shattered moon shined brightly above them. On that day, a close brotherhood which was once severed was finally mended back to what it was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 1.2K 32
After a tragic event that left (Y/N) (L/N) alone and afraid, there was only one place where he could go: The Belladonnas. He took on the role of a...
88.6K 896 19
Disclaimer: I dont own rwby. That is owned by rooster teeth. I also dont own iron man. He is owned by marvel support the original releases. A/n: What...
256 0 14
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in the...
2.7K 45 16
This will follow the story of F/n a mysterious yet powerful boy who appears more than meets the eye as he prefers to his closely guarded his past to...